Chapter 23

"This view is incredible." I say looking out at the city.

"I prefer a mountain view but this is pretty great too."

I lean my head on his shoulder still looking out. "Me too but this gives you perspective. This city is huge. There are millions of people down there, each with their own lives. And most of them know who you are." I chuckle at how crazy that actually is.

I look up at him and see he is in deep thought. "Harry?"

He turns and looks at me. "Hmm?"

"Thank you again for the coffee. It was totally unnecessary but so sweet. And for this day in general. It's been amazing. For as bad ass as you look on the outside, you're just a big softie on the inside."

I reach up and kiss him. He immediately responds, pulling me into him. His hands make their way up my neck into my hair.

I let out a small moan but realize we are in public and abruptly pull away. "Oops." I whisper laughing.

He laughs too before planting a quick kiss on my lips. "Yeah we should maybe go."

I look and see a family looking at us in horror.

"Sorry about the show." Harry says as he puts his arm around me, steering me towards the door.

We burst out laughing as we walk away.

***

"So you want to go see that roach thing or something else?" Harry asks as we walk outside.

"Umm. Could we actually go to the Met? I know it takes like a week to see everything but I've always wanted to see it."

"Really? You're an art lover?" He asks me curiously.

"You don't have to be an art lover to appreciate the artwork in there. Monet and Van Gough. I couldn't tell you why they are so famous but I know what they created is beautiful and important."

He nods with a smirk. "Alright then. Met it is."

We only had a few hours so we googled the must-see artwork to make sure we at least saw those. There was one that I absolutely loved by Jackson Pollock. I had never heard of him before but this painting was captivating. It was huge, there was so many intricacies in it. I think I looked at it for twenty minutes.

When we finally left I was exhausted and starving again. "Can we get food before we head back?"

"Of course. What are you thinking?" Harry asks as he takes my hand. He's held it almost the entire day.

"I kind of want a big burger but can we eat at the hotel. I'm exhausted."

"I was thinking the same thing. Why don't we get room service then? We can call now so it's ready when we get there."

"That sounds like heaven." I wrap my arm around his.

Harry pulls out his phone and orders as I hail a cab.

After we inhale our food, we relax and watch TV. I have my head on his lap while his arm is resting on my side. It's comfortable and wonderful to just be here like this with him after a long day of sight seeing.

His hand starts to travel down my side to my thigh causing goosebumps to erupt on my skin. He lightly traces his path back up to my side and back down again. I turn my head to look up at him and can see what he wants to do.

He leans down and I lift my head up to meet him. His lips meet mine as he cradles the back of my head. I turn my body towards him and sit up. I straddle him and deepen the kiss.