Chapter 38

"I knew it. I knew it! I heard everything. I just asked you point blank and you lied to my face." Maddy says in an angry whisper.

"Shh please Jim will you hear you." I whisper and move closer to her. "I'm sorry. I know I lied and I'm sorry but you know how bad it could be for me if people find out."

"So you don't trust me? I told you. I would never say anything."

"I do trust you. I do. Please. This is the best thing to ever happen to me I'm so terrified of losing everything again."

Her face softens. "I know. I just wish you trusted me enough to know I wouldn't let that happen to you."

"I do." I reach out and grab her hand. "I do."

She sighs and shakes her head and then lets out a soft laugh. "Harry Winters is your boyfriend. That's just...crazy."

"I know."

"And he loves you. I don't think I've ever heard of him being in love with anyone before."

"I know."

She leans in closer. "Is he as good in bed as the rumors say?"

We both laugh and then immediately look towards Jim who doesn't stir. "Better. He's amazing. In like every way possible."

She fans herself dramatically. "So jealous. Now that I know can you please, please tell give me some details?"

"Tomorrow night in our room yes."

"Harry freaking Winters. You lucky bitch."

We both laugh softly and head towards our beds. I give Maddy a big hug and apologize again before saying goodnight. I go lay in my bed and close the curtain. Harry has already text me.

I hate this. It feels weird.

I know me too. I'll come to your room tomorrow after I hang with Maddy. She knows. She heard us.

After ten seconds I hear his door open and him walking softly towards us. "Maddy" I hear him whisper. I sit up and she opens hers just as I open mine.

"Harry?"

"Come here please." He turns around to me. "You too, P."

I should have waited to tell him. I just want to go to sleep. Instead of going to his room he quietly makes his way towards the stairs. We follow just as quietly, and all make our way to the living room area in the back.

"I didn't want Jim to wake up with both of you in my room. Hard to explain that one away." He winks at us and I laugh but Maddy looks in shock.

"So Maddy. Now that you know, I need to lightly threaten you."

"Harry!" I scold. "You don't need to threaten her."

"I said lightly. And I'm half joking." He turns to Maddy who now looks like she might throw up. "I am joking but also am serious. I don't doubt that you will keep this to yourself but if for some reason you don't, I will make sure you never work for another tour again and I will blacklist you on as many lists that I am able. Do you understand Maddy?"

I step next to Maddy and hold her hand. "Jesus Christ Harry. That is uncalled for. We already talked upstairs. I trust her. She would never betray me like that." I hear Maddy take a shaky breath next to me. Now I'm angry and I shoot Harry a death glare.

I see his face turn to regret. "I'm sorry. Maddy I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be so harsh. Penelope is right. If she trusts you then I do as well. But please know that you hold both mine and Penelope's career in your hands. It's easy to let something like this slip even if you don't mean to."