Chapter 4

We sit at the table, Harry pulling out my seat for me like the gentleman he is.

"So. How'd you like the rehearsal?" Harry asks leaning on the table.

"Good. It was eye opening."

He rests his chin in between his thumb and forefinger. "How so?"

"Well I just keep learning how much goes into this. It's pretty incredible. I can't even imagine what like Beyonce or someone who has all those effects and lights and choreography have to do. It's so much to prepare for."

"Yeah. Doug, the one lighting guy worked on Beyonce's tour years ago, said it was insane."

I nod. "Yeah I'll bet. Not that she does either but you don't need all that show. Your mesmerizing just you and that microphone." The words come out before I realize what I just said.

He breaks into a huge grin. "Mesmerizing you say? Please go on..."

"Shush over there. You know what I mean."

He sticks his lower lip out slightly. "No, no I don't. Please enlighten me."

I let out a groan. "Ugh I knew as soon as I said that. I just mean...well yeah I mean what I said. I could watch you sing all day. You really are in your element up there Harry."

He goes from playful to serious. "Thank you P. That means a lot to me. Thanks for being so honest."

I let out a snort. "Yeah I've been told I can be a little too honest sometimes. I'm not mean, I just don't see the point in not being honest. It's the one favor as people we can do for each other always and we never do."

His eyebrows furrow together. "What do you mean?"

"I mean like a shitty boyfriend for example right? He treats your friend like shit, cheats on her, drinks, whatever and yet so many times people don't just come right out and say 'he's a loser and you're being an idiot.' Instead we sugar coat things and in the end it doesn't help anyone."

I finish my long winded speech and hope to God he doesn't think I'm some crazy bitch. I just wish someone would have had the decency to be honest with me.

"I completely agree."

What? "You do?"

"Yeah. I mean I'm surrounded by yes men all day long. Like I said, there's very few people that will call me on my bullshit. I'm glad to know when I really need someone to be honest with me I can rely on you Pee Pee."

I laugh. "You can. I will I promise."

"Good. So will you be honest about all those notes I saw you writing?"

Just as I was about to respond, Mateo opens the door and walks towards us holding a giant plate of chips and guacamole and our waters.

"Sorry it took so long, we just got a rush downstairs." He sets the plate down along with our waters.

The guac looks delicious and the tortilla chips smell freshly baked. I'm in heaven.

He pulls out a small pad. "You guys know what you want?"

Shit. We haven't even looked at the menu and I'm starving.