Chapter 14

We arrived at the hotel a little bit later, the Marriott on Central Park. I was really hoping my room would have a view. If mine did 't I knew Harry's would so I could at least see it from there.

Everyone went to their respective rooms to unpack and settle in. Harry had his interview in a couple hours but I wasn't needed for that.

"What should we do until the run through? Wanna walk the park?" Maddy asked, looking out the window. We got a room with a view and it was beautiful.

"Yeah that would be great. We probably won't get many chances to be outside. We have to be back by three." I said hanging up the last of my shirts, which wasn't many.

"Yeah well just walk around a little bit, get some lunch then come back. Have you ever been here?"

I shook my head. "No never. I've never really been to east coast before the tour. Except for Toronto for work once."

"Oh you will love it. It's amazing here. We have so many things to see on Sunday." She sat on the bed and started to slip her sneakers on.

Hmm. "Actually Harry wanted to take me sight seeing Sunday. He made me promise I would let him take me."

She raised her eyebrow at me. "Really? Well isn't that cute."

"No just friends like I told you. He just wants to be my tour guide." I slipped my arms into a light weight zip up. It was still kind of warm but the wind was blowing today.

"Whatever you say." She said in a sing song voice.

I was regretting saying yes to the walk. I would definitely be getting interrogated.

***
The park was full of people as to be expected on a nice day like today. We had been walking for only a few minutes when Maddy started her questioning.

"So how's bus life with Harry? All the girls are so jealous."

"Well it's only been a couple hours so don't really know yet. I'll let you know when it's been a few days."

"Yeah I guess. Is it nice? I bet it's really nice."

"Yeah it's pretty amazing. I'm sure the other buses are nice though too?"

She laughs. "Yeah for a bus I guess. I've been on worse that's for sure. Maybe I can bunk with you on one of the drives."

She bumped my shoulder. I couldn't tell if she was serious or not but I didn't like the thought of it.

"I don't think that's up to me unfortunately." I said hoping she would drop it.

She nodded, looking a little disappointed. We continued walking, looking around and pointing things out. We were walking around the pond and it was really pretty. Peaceful, despite the people.

"Look there's that bridge." Maddy pointed to a small brick bridge to our left. "It's been in a ton of movies. Home Alone, I think Elf."

"Let's go up and take some pictures. Then wanna try to find some food? I'm starving."

"Yeah, definitely."

***
We got back to our room, stuffed from the pizza we decided to get. I decided to buy a whole pizza and keep it in the fridge so that we could have some after the shows or whenever. I also bought a couple slices of pepperoni for Harry.