Chapter 21

I look at Harry trying to gage his mood and how this conversation is going to go.

"Of course." I turn to tell Maddie I'll be right back but she's chatting up Pete Davidson in the corner. "Lead the way."

Harry grabs my hand, interlocking our fingers together. Good sign.

We walk towards another set of stairs that leads to a smaller dining area above where we are now. When we reach the top, I see that its empty.

I don't know whether to feel scared or excited.

I want to kiss him again. So badly.

He leads me to a table in the far corner, out of view from everyone below. He pulls out a chair and I sit, Harry moving a seat directly next to me.

Our knees are touching and its causing chaos for my insides.

I take a large sip of my champagne. I'm almost out again.

"P? Are you nervous?" He looks at me with raised eyebrow.

"Yes." I answer in a breathy voice.

He smirks. "Good. That's a good sign."

"What do you mean?"

"It means I have an affect on you. All hope isn't lost."

What kind of cryptic shit is he talking about?

He laughs looking at me amused. "Did I say that outloud?"

He's still laughing. "Yes, yes you did. How pissed are you?"

"I'm not mad. At all. I thought you were mad at me. I hated it. I just wanted to run into that room and smother you in hugs."

He's really laughing now. "Penelope. I meant drunk. How drunk are you? I guess that answers my question."

"Oh." I can't help but smile and then laugh along with him. Oops.

"Oh P you are something else." He places his hand on mine. "I'm not mad. Not even close."

He moves closer to me, his legs now in between mine. His beautiful ocean eyes looking intently at me.

"I heard what you said. I'm sorry for whatever happened to you. I hope one day you will want to tell me about it but I'm sorry. I'm sorry for getting upset and walking away from you. You didn't deserve that."

I put my other hand on top of his. "Thank you."

"But."

"Uh oh."

He huffs a laugh. "But...I won't apologize for how I feel about you and wanting to break all the rules. Or even just some of them."

He leans a little closer. "Ya know P, I got my hands on that contract. Found it interesting."

"Oh yeah?" I play along with whatever it is he's doing.

"Yeah. It says no sexual relations. But I've done a little research and most times that means sexual intercourse, unless stated clearly and definitively. But yours doesn't. Its pretty vague, which means if they fired you, there is a pretty good chance you could win if we didn't."

My mouth is hanging open. What the hell?

"Like I said before, I'm not saying you want to but I just want to be clear. I want you. More than I've ever wanted anyone and I would be stupidly happy to even just get to kiss or touch you. I can wait. I can wait for you."

He takes a sip of his drink. "Also, for the record...I would raise hell if they tried. You won't lose a thing over me. I will make sure of it."

I sat in silence staring at him. I couldn't believe what he just propositioned me with. Thats a big word for schooled my ass in logic. Fuck logic. Logic sucks.