Chapter 30

We left around noon for Harry's family home near Manchester, a small town called Edale. He said there were only a few hundred people in the town, a lot of them commuted to Manchester or Shefield, where Harry's dad worked. He said it was a beautiful place and in the summer people came from all over to see the area. It was part of some famous walking trail too.

He told me we would have to come back when it was nice to explore. The fact that Harry was thinking of bringing me back made my heart do flips.

Right now the ground is covered in a coating of snow and the trees are barren but I can imagine how beautiful it would be if it were lush and green. This is the kind of England I imagined. Rolling hills, cobblestone buildings and walls and sheep everywhere. It's hard to imagine Harry living in a place like this with his tattoos but he was probably different back then. Or he was a mischievous kid running around getting into trouble with his siblings. I could see him and Michael being handfuls when they were younger.

"Oh my God it's a red telephone booth like in Harry Potter!" I say as we pass by a cafe with the iconic booth out front.

They both laugh from up front. I gave Michael shot gun because it was too weird being on the wrong side.

"Also known as a regular telephone box." Michael says still laughing.

I roll my eyes and keep watching out the window.

"Does all of your knowledge of England come from Harry Potter, Pee Pee?" Harry asks laughing too.

"Both of you can piss off. I don't like this dynamic right now." I say giving them the finger but still looking out the window.

"Well you'll at least have KeKe in your corner. She hates when we are together." Michael says looking at his phone. "By the way we will have to pick her up from the train station at six."

"You mean you have to pick her up." Harry interjects. "I have a guest."

They bicker for a few minutes about who will pick up KeKe and I watch as we start climbing up a large dirt road. We keep climbing for about five more minutes before turning left onto another small dirt road surrounded by trees. We turn left again into what I assume is a driveway because of the small cobblestone gate wall.

We drive a little bit longer until we arrive at a stone house covered in vines and surrounded by trees and bushes. It's beautiful and charming.

We pull around to the side and I can see that the house is larger than it looks from the front. The stone looks newer but matching the front. I can see and smell the smoke coming from the chimney. I look past the house and see the valley is behind us. It's quiet and a sense of calm washes over me.

I take in a deep breath through my nose, inhaling the intoxicating smell when Harry comes up and stands next to me.

"It's lovely isn't it?" He takes a breath in letting it out with a sigh. "I forget how much I miss this place."

We stand there for a minute just enjoying it when the trunk slams behind us.

We just smile at each other and Harry gives me a kiss on the forehead. "Ready?" He asks and I nod yes in response.

Harry grabs our bags and we head towards the house with Michael in front of us. The door opens just as we reach it.

"My boys." An older, salt and peppered hair man greets us. I think even if I saw him on the street I would know they were his dad. They looks just like him, minus tattoos. Well at least visible.

They both give him big hugs before his attention is turned to me.

"Dad this is Penelope." Harry says smiling, his arm wrapped around my shoulders.