Chapter 2

I was busy typing away when the people around me started to whisper and move around. I knew why. Harry had arrived as scheduled for the meeting in twenty minutes but I needed to pretend I didn't care. My job depended on it.

While the chatter around me continued, I typed away, trying to focus on my work. I finished my last sentence and printed out the copies I needed with a few minutes to spare. I walked over to the printer, gathered my documents and headed to the conference room.

When I walked in, the room was full of people standing and chatting. I only recognized a few: Jim, Heather and Graham the production and stage managers. The rest must have been the heads of the rest of the crew. It was a full house today.

I made my way over to Jim who would hopefully stick by my side. It seemed everyone else knew each other and I was the odd man out. I was an outgoing person and made friends easily but I couldn't help feel like a small fish in a giant pond right now.

"Ah Penelope. You have everything?" Jim asked halting his conversation with Heather.

"Yes sir, right here." I handed the folder over, giving myself a mental high five for making so many copies of the agenda.

"Great. You're PM skills have been a life saver so far I gotta say."

"Thank you sir."

I stood silently listening to their conversation, taking it all in. I was fascinated by how much went into the tour, all the details and people involved.

A few minutes later the door opened to reveal four more people in suits. Everyone started clapping. I looked around, confused as to why people were clapping, when I spotted Harry behind the suited men who just came in. He was smiling and he was beautiful.

I was so distracted, I forgot I should probably be clapping along with everyone else. I quickly put my hands together but it was too late. Harry had noticed. He laughed and continued shaking hands with everyone.

When he finally got to Jim, they hugged, having known each other for years. He turned to me with a heartbreaking smile.

"Hello. You must be the new assistant. I'm Harry." His English accent shone through and it took everything I had not to swoon.

"Hi. Penelope. Very nice to meet you."

We shook hands and I all but melted at his touch. I need to get it together.

"I've heard great things from this one already." He jutted his thumbs towards Jim. "Well talk later."

He gave me a light touch on the shoulder before making his way to the rest of the room. I tried to hide the goofy smile I had after meeting one of my favorite singers but it seems I was caught by Jim who had a laugh.

"You'll get used to it. After a while he just becomes Harry. Not Harry Winters the rockstar."

I smiled at Jim, grateful for his understanding. "Thank you. He's the first famous person I've met. Hope I didn't embarrass myself."

He shook his head. "No you did just fine. Come on we need to start the meeting. Can you help me pass out the agendas?"

Jim had everyone settle in their seats, saving him two for him and I in the middle. I helped pass out the agendas while he talked and passed them out as well.

When I reached Harry, I handed it to him and he smiled up at me and winked. I smiled back and felt my face flush. This was not good at all. I had met him for all of five seconds and already I could see how charming he was. I really needed to get a grip.

After I passed out the last one, I went to take my seat next to Jim and Heather but Jim stopped me.

"Everyone I'd like to introduce you to Penelope Blake. She is the new assistant on tour. She is a certified Project Manager and is already showing herself to be a great asset. Please welcome her to the family."