Why us? (Pokemon fanfic)

By shinymewgirl

Everyday for as long as she can remember Emma has forced herself to face everything alone. She wants to belie... More

Prologue
2- Stalling
3- Home sweet home
4- This should be good
5- Promise me
6- Good luck with that
7- Getting ready
8- Descoveries
9- Find a weak point
10- Nightmares become real
11- Break down
12- A new companion
13- I will stand my ground
14- such a joyful pain
15- unbalanced battle
16- when will it stop?
17- how much worse could things get?
18- a bad guy?
19- desperate reach for freedom
20- experimentation
21- not a second time
22- The Guardian Angel
23- rainy night camping
24- together at last
25- Fighting back
26- Not a peep
27- Nightmares come true
28- Be proud of me
29- Burning hatred
30- The key to Purity
31- Stalkers, stalkers everywhere
32- The balance of three
33- A series of unfortunate events
34- Family reunion
35- Extended family tree
36- The Legendary Plan
37- One down, two to go
38- An electrifying match up
39- Battle bonds
40- Battle with angels
41- Does anyone understand Shadow anymore?
42- It begins
43- Twisted memories
44- A new Dark Room
45- Whispers in the dark
46- A day off
47- Sweet dreams
48- Bad turns
49- The Testing Continues
50- Old habits
51- The testing ends
52- It will be okay
53- Escape
54- Almost home
55- Conciquences
56- Too much damage done
57- The Ultimate Wepon
58- Trust in me
59- Closing the rift
60- Comatose
Epilogue
Final thoughts on the 'Why?' series

1- A way back home

1.9K 150 79
By shinymewgirl

"Worthless piece of trash!"

"You're a mistake and that's all you'll ever be!"

"You're worthless."

"You're a waste of air! Waste of space!"

"How dare you talk back! You need to be taught a lesson!"

"You're such a failure."

"Stop it! Stop it! STOP IT!!!" I screamed slamming my hands over my ears but I could still hear my fathers jeers swarming me through the darkness, over whelming me.

"Get out of my house! You can spend the night in the rain and mud where you belong!"

"What's wrong with you? You can't do anything right!"

"SHUT UP!" I screamed, tears poring down my face. "Leave me alone!"

I felt useless to stop the voices piercing the darkness.

"I wish you had never been born! Then your mother never would have left! It's! all! your! fault!"

I screamed and shot up from my bed, breathing hard.

It was only just a dream. I tell myself trying to calm my breathing. Just a dream. I placed my hand over my heart that was beating so fast you could give it a speeding ticket on the highway. Using my sleeve to wipe my tearing eyes, I managed to get my lungs moving back at a steady rate while my heart slowly made it' sway back to it's own usual pace.

~Emma? Are you alright?~ Trust asked jumping onto my bed, her lavender eyes illuminated by the lamp on the table next to me.

~Nightmare?~ Hope asked doing the same, her amber eyes full of concern.

I nodded and pulled my knees up to my chest, sobbing quietly into them. During everything that had happened in Unova I'd lost my Luna Wing leaving me open to my previous nightmares. I'd almost forgotten how weak I'd always felt during them, how utterly exposed I was after. The weakness I was feeling was almost to much for me to bare, that's why I had always despised it. Because I can't fight against my own nightmares, my fears were just to over powering for me to bare on my own.

My door slowly creaked open and Red peered in, he looked worried. "I heard you scream. Are you alright?"

I slowly shook my head and felt the spot next to me sink a little. Red put his arm around me and gently rubbed my back. "Do you want to talk?"

I shook my head again. "I'm good." I replied quietly. I still felt uncomfortable around people with an exception of very few close friends. Though, I'd still changed a lot over the past few years. For better in someways, and for others, worse.

"Obviously not." Red frowned, showing his concern in his ruby red orbs.

I sighed and rested my chin on my knees. "It's nothing I'm not use to."

~We got this Red.~ Hope smiled. ~I'm used to babysitting Emma.~ I knew she was saying it to annoy me more then anything since Red didn't share the ability Silver and I have to understand Pokémon language.

I pushed my shiny Umbreon off the bed glaring at her.

Hope landed lightly on the floor, giving me a sharp tooth smirk, her midnight blue rings glowing brighter in amusement.

"You sure you're alright?" Red asked.

"It was just a bad dream, nothing I haven't handled before." I nodded, offering a small smile.

Red sighed, he kissed me lightly on the forehead, taking a moment to observe my sapphire blue eyes before bidding me goodnight and leave, telling me to call him if I needed to talk. He closed the door behind him, leaving the only light source as the lamp beside my bed and Hope's glowing blue rings.

My dark type starter Pokémon jumped daintily back onto the bed. ~Are you going to stay up or go back to sleep.~

I sighed and fell back against my pillow staring at the ceiling. "I'm going to stay up for a bit. You guys go back to sleep."

Trust jumped onto my stomach and stared down at me. ~Nu-uh we'll stay up with you.~ She had a joyful smile.

"Trust I'm good." I said pushing her off me and sitting back up. "I just need to think."

~When you need to think you often need to talk.~

I second that.

"Who asked you?"

No one. Night replied cheerfully. But I said it anyway cause you can't stop meh.

"I can come up there and kick your butt again."

I'm good thanks. I could practically see her smirk.

~Shut up Night.~ Hope hissed.

I gave her a confused look. "How did you...?"

~Know you were talking to Night? Simple, You get the same expression whenever you talk to her.~  Hope chuckled.

Tell Hope I said make me.

"Night said, Make me." I said with a roll of my eyes.

~Tell her...~

"I'm not here to deliver messages between you two."

Night burst out laughing. I guess that's probably true.

Hope rolled her eyes. ~Whatever.~

I just sighed. "Go to sleep."

~Not until you do.~

"Well then I guess you're spending the rest of the night up with me. Cause I'm probably not gonna sleep anytime soon."

~Okay then.~ Trust giggled.

I sighed, falling back against my pillow, holding my arm over my eyes.

~Oh stop being so over dramatic.~

"I'm not being over dramatic. I'm being get-the-fuck-out-of-my-face."

~Language-!~ Hope said in a sing song voice.

"You're not the boss of me, I'm the boss of you."

~Silver's the boss of you.~

"No he's not."

~Then why do you do what he says all the time?~

"I do not."

~Do to~

"Do not."

~Do to~

"Do not."

~Do to~

"Do not."

~Do to~

"Do not."

~Do to~

"Do not."

~Do to~

"Do not!"

~Okay, okay. Sheesh.~

"Just go to sleep. I won't be much longer."

~You sure?~ Trust asked.

"Yup."

~Fine, come on Hope.~ She said jumping off my bed.

I waited until I was sure Hope and Trust were asleep before I got up. I walked out of my room, thankfully everyone else was asleep.

~Where are you going?~

Or not.

I turned to see Rio lying on the couch, watching me with her soft brown eyes.

"Just getting some air." I shrugged.

Rio jumped off the couch and stretched. ~I'll come to.~

"Fine, just don't wake anyone up." I sighed knowing I wouldn't be able to shake her without waking everyone.

~Aye-aye captain.~ Rio whispered following me.

We walked up to the top deck. The sun was just peaking out over the horizon casting the sky in soft rosey pinks, lavender purples and baby blues and in the distance I could just see the Johto region, it's black silhouette against the rainbow sky.

We pushed two deck chairs together, Rio laid across both of them while I leaned against her with her head on my lap. I rested my head on Rioyaru's neck, gently running my fingers through her shaggy mane which had only just been freshly brushed last night.

~So what's up?~ Rio asked in her motherly tone.

"The sky." I giggled back.

Rio chuckled. ~I think Night's rubbing off on you, you're starting to sound like her.~

"I know." I replied quietly.

Aww you're cute when you're sad.

"Shut up, I'm not sad... I just had a nightmare."

You always have nightmares

"My life is a nightmare."

~Earth to Emma.~ Rio called, waving one of her large paws in front of my face.

"Sorry, zoned out."

~I figured, so what was tonight's nightmare about?~

I shrugged. "It was just his voice over and over again and it was completely dark..."

Rio nodded. ~Wanna talk about it?~

I shook my head. "Not really."

~That often means you need to.~ Rio said wisely.

"Since when did you become all psychological?"

~just now actually.~

I shook my head and looked back over at the distant Johto region.

"I'm going to be in so much trouble tomorrow."

~Do ya think? It's been more then a year. Clair's going to flip.a~

"You're not helping."

~Who said I was trying to help? I'm being truthful.~ Rio replied with a smirk.

"Be quiet." I growled lightly giving her a shove.

~So what are you going to do?~

"Make up some story I guess."

~So you're not going to tell Clair anything?~

"Not most of it." I sighed. "I want to just forget that ever happened but unfortunately there's no chance of that ever happening. It's gonna haunt me for the rest of my life just as the rest of my past has."

Rio nodded. ~I understand that part.~ I felt Rio shiver slight. ~Those three months I spent with N I've been trying to forget with avail.~

I wrapped my arms around my Arcanine's neck. Even though she never spoke of what happened the three months N had Pokénapped Rio, I knew she was afraid of it, like I was of my past. I never made her tell me. I respected her wishes to keep it to herself as I knew she did mine. "Well anyone who wants to mess with my Pokemon will have me to deal with."

Rio smiled and raised her head to lick my cheek. ~I'll take your word for that.~

I smiled and played with her mane as we watched the rest of the sunrise together.

~*🌸*~

"I found her!" Red's familiar voice called rousing me from my sleep.

I opened my eyes a little, the sun now sitting higher in the sky flare down into my eyes. Red was just to the side making him seem shadowed. I buried my face in Rio's fur to escape the light, that's a first.

"Did you seriously sleep out here since you woke up?" Red asked amused.

"No." I lied, rolling my eyes even though he couldn't see me.

"Emma you can't just go sneaking off." Silver's voice hissed.

I looked back up, Silver was now shielding the sun from my eyes but I couldn't see either of them properly because of the glare that lingered from m behind them.

"Last time I checked, I'm fifteen and can do what I want, when I want. I needed some air cause unlike some people I don't get the blessing of a good nights sleep every night." I glared sitting up and stretching. "Besides you would of made me talk to you and I didn't feel like talking."

Silver sighed and walked off, mumbling something about immaturity. Damn it, now the suns in my eyes again. Red sat on the end of the sun chair closest to me. "Emma, I know you don't like being monitored every moment of everyday but we're worried about you."

I shook my head. "I know. I'm just still getting used to it. I've never liked being told what to ever since, you know... and now I have everyone constantly telling me what to do. It's just hard. I've never had anyone to please but myself for years."

Rio raised her head and let out a large yawn. ~That was comfortable.~ She snorted licking my cheek.

"Well no one forced you to stay." I said rolling my eyes. "I could of handled being in my own for a few hours."

Rio licked my cheek in response, a childish grin on her face.

Red sighed an walked off. "We're docking in a few hours. I'd pack if I were you."

"Thank Arceus! Dry land, why I put up with a week on a boat is beyond me." I snorted and stood up, cracking about half the bones in my back in the proses. I stretched my arms above my head and cracked the other half.

I say back down next to Rioyaru and closed my eyes a moment. "Why do I always seen to stuff things up?" I sighed.

~Well... you can be a bit reckless...~ Rio pointed out.

"I was talking to myself." I half growled.

Talking to yourself is the first sign of insanity.

"Shut up."

Make me.

I rolled my eyes, stood up and headed to my room that I'd been sharing with Silver, Red and Destiny, Rio at my heels.

"You're a pain."

So I've been told, Arceus wants to see you by the way and whatever it is isn't my fault.

"What did you do this time?"

Nothing I swear.

"Why do I not believe you?"

Hey, glueing half of the garden to Arceus's head was not my fault... It was an accident.

"Sure it was."

Just get up here ASAP whatever it is has everyone up here anxious. But no one will tell me.

"For good reason."

Just get here. I have to go, Arceus and Pixie are having a 'friendly' breakfast together that I need to sabotage.

"And you wonder why no one tells you anything."

I shook my head and pushed the door open, getting barrelled over by a certain ball of black and blue fur.

~Where the fuck were you!?~ Hope growled. ~I wake up and you're gone, and Rio to. Do you have any idea how worried I was?~

I pushed her off me and glared at her while Trust made a calmer approach siting down a few feet away with a cocky smirk. ~See, I told you she was alright.~

Hope glared a me looking slightly hurt. ~So what were you doing with Rio? Why'd you talk to her and not me? I thought you told me everything.~

I stood up and brought Hope into my arms. "I'm sorry Hope, its just... complicated right now. Alright? I just feel like everyone's treating me like a baby and you have started to as well. I just needed some space to think."

Hope looked up at me, studying my with met moonlit yellow eyes. ~It's alright, I'm sorry to. Just next time please tell me before you go somewhere. It's would make me feel better.~

"Alright." I promised the dark time eeveelution.

Hope jumped from my arms, looking content with my answer. ~Good, we packed for you. You're bag is on your bed.~

I smiled and bent down to stroke her cheek. "What would I do without you?"

~*🌸*~

With my bag packed and Pokemon safely in their Pokéballs I stood on deck with my friends as the boat pulled into dock. Faith invisible atop my raised hood and Melody sitting soundly on my shoulder, invisible as well. Hope was on my opposite shoulder smiling proudly and Trust by my side.

The ramp dropped and there was a rush of trainers trying to get down. We were near the back so we waited on a bench for the crowd to die down.

"I have a couple of stops to make before I go home. You guys also need to stop anywhere?" I asked.

Silver shook his head, so did Red but Destiny just clapped her hands together in excitement. "Can we go shopping?"

I sighed. "Well I do need to stop past a shopping centre to pick stuff up, if you want to you can shop while I take care of the things I need to."

"What, may I ask are the things you need to attend to." Silver asked watching the crowd hurry off the ship.

"I need to pick a few things up." I shrugged. "No biggy."

Red stood up followed closely be Silver, Destiny and I. The crowd had thinned out enough for us to make our way off without getting run over by the mad house of trainer eager to start their journey to become Pokémon Master's, ha- to become champion of any region accept Kalos, they have to go through me. Though they can enter the Hall of Fame by beating the resident Champion, to actually become that regions official Champion, they have to track me down and request an official battle with me. I'd had to do it a few times in my travels, I had to track Red all the way up Mt. Silver to be Kanto Champion but it was so worth it.

As soon as I was on the ground I stretched my hands above my head. "Hallelujah! Ground sweat ground!"

"Oh stop being over dramatic." Silver rolled his eyes.

"I'm sorry, did you die from drowning less than a month ago? No, I did so shut up about being over dramatic." I glared. "Boats are a nightmare waiting to happen." I hugged myself and involuntarily shivered.

Red slipped his hand into mine and smiled. "It's all good."

Silver growled, pushing us apart. "Not around me."

Faith chuckled. ~Busted.~

"Shut up." I hissed.

"So what stops do you need to make?" Shiver asked.

"Two, one to pick something up another to browse."

"Since when do you browse?"

"Since I heard that they found new mega stones. A chance to power up some of my Pokemon even more can't be missed." I smirked.

Silver rolled his eyes.

"You already have some if the most powerful Pokemon in the world, do you really need to make them even more OP?" Destiny frowned.

"After what happened in Unova, obviously. Windy come on out." I called, releasing Wind dancer from her Pokéball.

~Are we there yet?~ My shiny Altaria yawned.

"As a matter of fact, yes... And what do you mean yet? I only brought you back into my team this morning."

~Really? It feels like longer.~ Her head fell to the side.

I sighed and shook my head.

Is your Altaria for real?

"Are you?"

Touché

"Shut up."

Make me

"Damn you."

Night sighed. I love this job.

"I don't see why."

Cause you're fun to mess with.

"You know people and Pokemon would like you more if you were more friendly."

But this is so much more fun and besides I don't need anyone to like me cause you're the only one who can hear me.

~*~*~*~*~🌸~*~*~*~*~
Word count: 2969

There you have it. First chapter of 'Why us?' What do you think?

So please vote, comment and have a great day ^-^

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.6K 340 31
*Going Through Major editing* "You can be a Pikachu..." "You can be energy.." "But I'll love you either way.." *First ever story* In a trainerless w...
223K 10.3K 52
After a past of abuse and heartache, Emma's only solace is her own strength. Depending only on herself and her Pokémon is how she gets from one day t...
3.6K 63 41
A women plagued with heartache and mystery. She never asked for this to happen to her. She never imaged her life would turn out the way it did. Howev...
85.7K 2.6K 53
Subsequent to their journey through Kalos, another unexpected one begins. One that draws heartache from heartstrings themselves and passion from riot...