Bumping Into The Mafia (Book...

By FluffyShit

~ CURRENTLY REWRITING ~ Meet Eva Cipriano, a girl with nothing but her work to keep her busy. She's not afrai... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
HELLO LOVELIES
Twenty

Eight

4.2K 140 13
By FluffyShit

Eva

It felt like time was slowed down as I walked into the office.

"Eva, welcome back." I hear a cheerful voice and look up from my feet. I throw on my fake smile and nod my head.

"Yeah, it feels good to be back." I say and make my way to my office. When I walk in a let out a deep sigh and look around the room. Nothing feels right anymore. It's like a feeling of someone always standing behind you and just watching you. It's feels as if I have both Alexander and Niccolo on one side of me, breathing down my neck.

The thought of the two mafia men and myself in the same room makes the hair on my neck stand up, and a chill runs down my spine.

"No, you're done with them Eva. Just move on." I whisper and walk slowly to my desk. A knock on my door makes me jump, causing me to drop my bag. I turn around to see my boss standing outside. He opens the door and stares between my bag and I for a second.

"I'm sorry Eva, I didn't mean to scare you." He says and walks on, closing the door.

"Oh, that's alright Alan. I'm just jumpy today." I admit and pick up my bag, placing it on my desk. I sit down and watch as Alan sits in the chair across from me.

"Where have you been?" He asks and looks around my office. I haven't been to work in two weeks, and I haven't told anyone.

"Um, out of state. My sister was sick and I had to leave. Sorry, I've been so busy I hadn't had time to call anyone or tell anyone." The lie rolls off my tongue so smoothly. I cringe internally at myself and the person I've slowly become.

"I see. How is your sister?" He asks quietly and I clear my throat.

"Uh, she's good. Yeah, just in the hospital for a few more days. She should be released in a couple days." I answer, building my lie word by word. I hadn't rehearsed it or anything, it's just what my mind went to first.

"Ah, well. Eva, I'm afraid that there's no way of making this any better than it is. I'm terribly sorry, but I have to fire you." He tells me, not beating around the bush. My jaw drops and my stomach feels like it's disappearing. I clear my throat and laugh, quietly.

"I'm sorry, what?" I ask, shocked by the words I just heard.

"We have very strict policies and we can't have people ditching work for weeks just because a family member is sick. I understand some things are out of your control. But you could've found some time to call in. We've lost several clients, and out reviews have dropped significantly." He explains and my heart sinks. I nod and stand up.

"I'll pack my things." I mumble quietly, feeling the reality of what happened set in. I'll have to file for unemployment. I'll have to take out some savings to cover rent next month.

"Alright, I'll have your check for the rest of the month given to you on your way out. Again, I'm so sorry Eva. And I hope your sister gets well soon." He tells me softly and leaves my office.

The fact of the matter is, I'm not surprised. I know there were going to be consequences but I didn't think that they would be this bad. I look around my office and grab a box, throwing all of my personal items inside. As I pack, my emotions begin to churn inside of me and tears slowly glide down my cheeks. This is my dream job, I've always love working in retail, selling houses and properties and what not.

I finish grabbing all my things and stand at my door, staring around the room one last time before leaving.

*****

BRRM! BRRRM!

My phone ringing wakes me up from my nap on the couch and I sit up, feeling my headache coming on strong.

"Fuck." I curse and grab my buzzing phone off the table. The number says unknown and I answer it.

"Hello?" I answer and wait for the person to respond.

"Why weren't you in your office today bellissimo?" I hear the voice I've grown so familiar to. Niccolo has been around, helping me heal and cope with the fact that I've met two men in the mafia. I sigh and fall back onto the couch.

"I got fired Niccolo. Now's not the best time to talk, have a good day." I grumble and hear shuffling.

"Wait! Don't go, um. I'm coming over." He hangs up the phone as I'm left with my mouth gaping open.

"Please don't." I whisper and stand up from my couch. I grab my glass of wine from the table and walk into my kitchen, looking out the window. I finish the contents in my glass and hear a knock on my door.

How did he get here so fast?

"Coming!" I shout and set my glass down, shuffling to the door. I open it to see Niccolo standing there in a nice expensive tuxedo.

"I'm so sorry Eva, this is all my fault." He says sadly and walks in closing the door. I roll my eyes and walk back to my kitchen, pouring myself another glass of wine.

"Would you like a glass of wine?" I ask and look up to see him staring at me. He walks into my kitchen and shakes his head. I just shrug my shoulders and fill my cup.

"Come to a ball with me." He says and I laugh loudly. I drink my wine and set it back down, looking at him as if he's grown a second head.

"Are you insane? I just got fired, I don't have a ball gown. I don't trust you. And most of all, I'm not in the mood to socialize with people I don't know." I snap in response and he smacks the counter softly.

"I hate seeing you this way. I'm so sorry, I wish I could get you your job back. But, if you come it'll distract you. It's a big business event and I've never had a plus one before. Please, come." He asks again and I sigh, crossing my arms.

"What part of no don't you understand. Even if I wanted to go, I don't have a dress." I reply curtly. He smiles at me and comes closer, causing me to take a step backwards.

"That won't be a problem. We can go get you a dress. It's not for another half hour, we can get you ready by then. Please Eva, I promise you won't regret it." He pleads and I roll my eyes.

"Fine, fine. I'll go, but I won't enjoy it." I growl and grab my wine, chugging the contents.

"Oh, my darling. You will enjoy it, I will make sure to make it a night you'll never forget." He says cheerfully and smiles at me, showing off his pearly white teeth. I crack a small smile and set my glass down.

"Let me just do my hair quickly and put on some makeup." I say and walk past him. He grabs my arm and pulls me to his chest. He wraps his arms around me, and holds me tight.

"I know being fired is stressful. But you'll be okay, you can get a job anywhere you want." He whispers and I feel the tears come to my eyes. I hug him back and enjoy his warm embrace.

"Thank you."

*****

"Okay, lets go." I say and walk out into my living room. Niccolo stands from my couch and smiles widely.

"You look beautiful." He comments and I look down at the ground, smiling.

"Thank you." I mumble. I just did a simple Dutch braid that was like a half crown and into a messy bun. I let stray strands of hair shape my face and for makeup I did a nude eye color with a red lip. Just something simple yet elegant in a way.

~ In the dress store ~

"Nooo, no. Niccolo no. This dress is way too much." I argue as I stare at the golden gown before us.

"Eva we don't have time to argue." He snaps and looks at the man behind the counter smiling, "We'll take it. Along with that necklace there."

My jaw drops as he points to a rose gold chain that has three diamonds hanging down in the center. Getting bigger as it goes down like drops of water.

"Absolutely sir. That will be four thousand seven hundred forty three." The man says and my stomach drops. I just got heels, a ball gown, and a diamond necklace.

"Perfect. Thank you." He says as Niccolo hands him a card. After it's swiped and we're done he hands me the dress.

"Go in the dressing room and change. We have five minutes before we're late." He smiles at me and pushes the dress towards me when I don't grab it. I stand there, in total awe of what's happening in front of me. He sighs and grabs my hand, pulling me along to the dressing room. He opens the door and pushes me in.

"Niccolo you just spent almost five grand on me." I say blatantly and feel like I want to cry. I wish I could have that much money. But I'm mostly appalled by the fact that he just spent that money on me.

"Yes Eva, I know. Get undressed we don't have all night." He commands and I take my shirt and pants off. I step into the dress and he helps get my bra off once it's on and zips up the back. While I have my back to him he clasps the diamond necklace around my neck and rests his hands on my shoulders. I grab his hand and turn around, looking at him. His eyes travel up and down my body and he smiles.

"You're stunning. Absolutely stunning. Now let's go." He smiles and holds my hand on one hand, and my shoes in the other.

"Thank you, have a good night." I call out to the man and he waves and smiles. We quickly get into the car where I slip on my heels and I begin to feel anxious.

"Am I overdressed?" I ask and he scoffs. He places his hand on my thigh and rubs it.

"Absolutely not. You look perfect." He answers and suddenly I feel butterflies flutter around my stomach. I take in his attractive appearance and appreciate his features.

"You're very handsome Niccolo." I blurt out and he looks over at me with furrows eyebrows. He laughs and puts his hand back in the wheel.

"Hearing you say makes it feel so much better." He admits to me and I feel my cheeks flush in color.

"Sorry, I don't know where that came from." I mumble and look down at my lap.

"You don't need to apologize to me Eva, ever." He reaches over and grabs my hand. I lace our fingers together and look out the window to see us pulling up to the Guerrero. An extremely fancy hotel that is for the richer people in the world. I gulp audibly and feel my anxiety start to set in.

"I don't think I can do this." I whisper, feeling my body start to shake. Niccolo parks the car and then grabs my hand. My eyes dart to him and he scrunches his eyebrows.

"Eva, there's nothing to be worried about." He tries to comfort me. I raise an eyebrow and glare at him.

"Nothing to worry about? I'm in a car with a mafia man and going to a ball for mafias. I know you said business. But I know that this is what you mean by business. I have everything to worry about." I snap and he sighs, looking down. He turns the engine off and takes the keys out. I watch his every move as he gets out and comes to my door, opening it. He offers his hand and smiles down at me.

"I promise you Eva, everything will be just fine. I won't let anything happen to you. After all, I'm not just a man in the mafia. I'm a don." He tells me and my eyes widen. I grab his hand and get out of the car.

"You're a mafia boss?" I ask and stare at him. He chuckles and loops out arms together.

"Yes, nobody is messing with you or me. You're safe with me." He comforts and for some reason, I calm down. I take a deep breath in, and exhale feeling myself begin to calm.

"Okay, lets go."

••••••••••••••••••••••

Another update!!!! I REALLY love how the book is turning out. I love the new version of it. And it seems that everyone else does too. Thank you to everyone who's reading my book and supporting it. I appreciate it greatly!

Don't forget to vote and comment! Much love to you all!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

190K 4.9K 33
{COMPLETED in MAFIA SERIES} Love was dangerous especially for people who were dangerous themselves. Sometimes it wasn't fair whom you had to fall for...
1.1M 38.7K 32
**Cover by @AndiApplexoxo** He was nothing like other men that she'd met in her life. He was different. She knew he was. But he was forbidden. She w...
3.8K 100 25
In every Mafia novel, it's always about the sexy, tall, vicious, anger issued Mafia leader who kidnaps a Woman because he fell in love with her or sh...
14.3K 252 79
*Book 1* Rosalía was adopted from a strange couple in Madrid at the age 7. She barely remembers her childhood from when she lived in Barcelona befor...