Captured By A Ruthless Vampir...

By S0NDREENJ

Book 2 of (The Awakening Series) I'm a She-wolf who happened to be born on the day of The Awakening. My peopl... More

~CopyRight ~
~Captured By A Ruthless Vampire King~
|1| ~The Luna Blood Moon~
~Cast Updates & Rambling~
|2|~The Privileged~
|3|~The Way To A Wolves Heart~
|4|~The Brother Hood~
|5|~The Charade of Falling Stars ~
|6|~The Dream of Fire ~
|7|~Never Have I Ever ~
|8|~ WICKED WORLD OF WONDROUS ~
|9|~ Run Embry Run~
|10|~I'll Follow~
|11|~We're not in Kansas anymore~
|12|~His Rejection ~
|13|~His Rules ~
|14|~She-Wolf in the City~
|15|~The Werewolves Are Coming~
|16|~Hello Cousin~
|17|~Duty Calls~
|18|~Ending Connections~
|19| ~ It's Kill Or Be Killed~
|20| ~Rejection Denied~
|21| ~ Wreckage ~
|22|~The Truth Hurts~
|23|~ Moment 4 for life~
|24|~Let Me In~
|25|~ The Bonds of Autumn~
|26|~Bond Understood ~
|27|~Bound To You ~
|28|~My Favorite Flavor~
|29|~ Teach Me How To Grovel~
|30|~ Cool People and Cool Places~
|31|~ Mr. Groveler Grovels Good~
|32|~ Master of Manipulation~
|33|~Trust Your Instincts~
|34|~Bitch Boy~
|35|~How to torture 101 ~
|36|~Mines ~
|37|~The Bite Fight ~
|38|~The Apology~
|39|~The Dispute ~
|40|~The Chase Down~
|41|~The Golden Chosen~
~Cast Updates & Rambling~
|43| ~The Summons~
|44| ~A Day Full Of Sorrow~
|45| ~The Lost Wolf~
|46| ~A Girl Fight ~
|47|~ A Special Touch~
|48|~The Chemicals React ~
|49|~Officially Claimed ~
|50|~Deep Trouble~
|51|~A Worldwide View ~
|52|~ You Are Dead To Me~
|53|~You Are Dead To Me Too~
|54|~You Are My Air ~
|55|~You're Driving!~
|56|~A Midnight Ride ~
|57| ~A Midnight Swim ~
|58| ~An Early Dive ~
|59| ~The Drama Queen ~
|60| ~The Red House ~
|61| ~The Grand Entrance ~
|62| ~The Fairest of All ~
|63| ~ A Time Long Ago~
|64| ~ Happy Never After~
|65| ~A Magical Surprise~
|66| ~ Once Upon A Time ~
|67| ~ A Night to Remember ~
|68| ~ An Important Business Matter ~
|69| ~ The Hunt~
|70| ~Captured By Him~
|71| ~ Neckbreaking Hello's ~
|72| ~Heartbreaking Goodbyes~
|73| ~ Yet Another Important Business Matter~
|74| ~ Dark Night/ Bright Day~
|75| ~ Inner Peace Treaty~
|76| ~ The Pledge To The She-Wolf~
|77| ~The First Casualties of War ~
|78| ~A Series of Unfortuante Events ~
|79| ~War Ready ~
|80| ~Awakened~
|81| ~The Path of Blood~
|82| ~ The Grand Finale, or Not~
|83| ~Deadly Poison~
|84| ~New World Order~
|85| ~ A Whole New World~
|86| ~ Family Reunions ~
|87| ~ Abducted Rainstorms~
|88| ~ There are Consequences for Every Action~
|89| ~ I Declare War~
|90| ~ Til Death Do You Part~
|91| ~ Silent War~
|92| ~ The Art of War~
|93| ~ Operation Task Force~
|94| ~Operation Taking Cyrus Down Pt1~
|95| ~Operation Taking Cyrus Down Pt2~
|96|~ Reinforcement's ~
|97|~The Blood Gathering~
|98| ~The Challenge~
|99|~Pack in Blood~
|100|~The Winner~
~|Epilogue|~
Bonus Chapter ~ The Bucket List ~
Bonus Chapter ~ Heaven Sent ~
Book 3 ~Hunted by the Barbaric Vampire King~
Bonus Chapter ~ The Queen of Heart's~
Bonus Chapter ~ The Vampire King She-Wolf Queen~

|42|~A Night Full Of Surprises~

11.1K 629 107
By S0NDREENJ

Unedited.
Embry POV.

It has now been a little over a minute since Claire decided to take a stand for me and her bravery still hasn't faltered. The cold-hearted King continues to try and intimidate the beautiful human however she continues to demonstrate her dauntless nature with the act of a woman but also holding the courage of a man.

I silently continue to stand in place, watching the bold and beautiful human make history.

Claire is truly amazing.

The cold-hearted King's bright red eyes glow brighter as he tilts his chin and just when I thought that he has finally lost his patience, ready to place this human in her place once and for all. King Xander proves me wrong. His full lips curve into a smirk as he says, "Check Mate," and then just like that he leaves the room.

"Check Mate," I think to myself. Out of all things that he could have said, or better yet should have said he decides to say, "Check Mate," What the hell does that mean? I guess I would never know. I'm just about to relax when I realize the other vampire that my wolf said snapped my neck is still present.

Plus, his eyes are now set on fire as he places his attention on me. Why does he have to be so frighteningly mean? Like serious, he give me the creeps, I wish that he would just leave. His presence alone scares the crap out of me.

Claire must be able to read my mind or she must be some type of genie or something because not even a second after her electric green eyes lock with my hazel ones. She turns to face the mean-looking vampire, which results in him nodding and taking his leave.

What the hell? Who is the girl and what the hell in this blood-forsaken universe has gotten into these blood-forsaken vampires? They all seem to worship the ground that she walks on. Why?

You know what none of that matters. They are all gone, which means that I'm safe... for now and that's more than a she-wolf like me can ask for. With that thought, I sink down to the ground while releasing my breath. Finally, I can breathe again!

"Xander is not really that bad," suddenly says Claire, regaining my attention. Yeah, right! Maybe not when it comes to her but when I'm involved I just have to disagree. Actually, if I'm going to be real I must admit that none of them seem to be bad when she is involved.

This brings me back to my original question. Who is she? I mean she is a human right? I think to myself while closely looking over her.

I mean she smells like a human, though she really does exceed the limit of a normal human in the looks department. ( Again no offense) Though even with that I still don't understand why a vampire king who is known for being cold-hearted would demonstrate nothing but warmth inside of his heart when it comes to her? It's so strange.

Not only did two vampires respect her wishes. No, I take that back, not only did two vampires one of them being a vampire King at that, follow this girl's demand because let's be clear she very much so demanded respect from the both of them. In addition to that, from what I've seen it appears that they will willingly go to war for her against whoever, even against my mate. Obviously, I'm a wolf so it makes perfect sense that they would view me as a threat, but why would they care if I'm a threat to Claire?

She is just a human. Vampires are supposed to hate humans just as much as they hate wolves. I guess the only way to find out is by asking as my wolf said. I've got to be straightforward.

"I don't think any of them are," I respond, which makes Claire's bright green eyes pop out in surprise. Interesting? It seems like she expected a different answer or reaction from me, which makes me wonder if she has ever met another wolf before. Based upon, her actions it appears that she has. That is the only logical explanation of why she would be surprised by anything that I say.

"I'm a wolf," I begin to explain myself. "They are vampires, our kind has always been on edge around each other, so I understand why he would react that way with me. What I don't get is why they are so overprotective of you or why they would even take orders from you. You're just a human," I tell her, hoping that I didn't offend her. She is a human.

At least I think she is, but that's beside the point. The point is that I don't want to make her feel bad about it, or think that I feel like she is less than anything because she is a human. I actually hate the way that everyone treats humans.

Oh, my Goddess! She probably thinks I'm like everyone else, who just loves to hop on the human is weaker than a weak train. "No offense," I quickly add-in, I really didn't mean to offend her.

She surprises me by saying, "None taking," with a shrug.

She is so nonchalant and rendered blind to anyone's bullshit, including mine and the crazy part is that I didn't even mean to offend her. Any other human would have most certainly have been offended. I haven't met many, but the ones that I have encountered are typically emotionally sensitive about the fact that they are human.

Claire on the other hand seems to be comfortable with her species, which is a good thing. She's obviously not most humans. "They know I have ball-kicking superpowers and that I will kick their asses," she once again surprises me and I can't help but break out in a fit of giggles.

This girl is really something...isn't she? She is in a whole mood.

"So, I guess that would explain why they are afraid of you. No male, human-wolf, or vampire wants to get their balls kicked," I tease in between my fit of giggles.

"Yup, ball kicking at its finest," she teases back while taking a seat right beside me, shocking me once again.

Claire really is something special, I mean it's one thing not to fear vampires that have for some strange reason taken a liking towards her, but for her not to fear another supernatural that she has just met a couple of minutes ago speaks volumes. Of course, I would never hurt her but she doesn't know that. Now, if that's not something special I don't know what is. Other humans wouldn't dare sit beside a supposed to be a wild beast. They wouldn't have even been brave enough to be placed in the same room with me. Her dauntless nature is just so cool.

She's an inspiration, no wonder why the vampires seem to be in awe of her. Shoot! I'm in awe of her. Everything about her draws me in, from the way that she carries herself, to her strangely enhanced beauty, and her badass but still somehow sweet nature personality. She's also hilarious which is always a plus. There is just something about a pretty girl with a sense of humor! I tell you. This girl is like a gift box just full of surprises.

Needless to say, her unusual behavior is refreshing, I think to myself while staring out the window. Claire is a breath of fresh air. It's no wonder why she's causing up such the stir. I'm convinced that she was born just to shake up the universe. She is that different.  Yes, I really, really like her!

"Embry," I introduce before turning around and holding out my hand for her to take. "I'm Embry Wilde,"

"My name is Claire," she states the obvious, while briefly shaking my hand, earning a smile from me in return. It feels greet to have met a human like Claire. Hopefully, one day we can be come great friends. I've just met her and I can already tell that she is the type of person that stands up for what she believes in. That's what I like about her the most.

I place my focus back to the breathtaking scenery outside of the window. My mind instantly  starts to wonder to thought's about my mate. I wish that I was as brave as Claire, than maybe I would be brave enough to put him in his place.

Than maybe, he wouldn't act as if he so ashamed about me being his mate, or maybe  it's a good thing that Cyrus doesn't want to publicly claim me. Goddess knows that my people will go bat shit if they learned that I was matted to a vampire, especially Cyrus. They would never allow us to live in peace,

They would hunt the both of us down to the end of the world. A claimed union between the two of us maybe our down fall. I wonder if that' the reason that Cyrus refuses to claim me or take me as I'am.

"You're his beloved, aren't you," suddenly question Claire.

My head snaps up in her direction when my brain completely process her question. How did she figure that out so quickly? Is it that obvious? I don't answer right away, only because I don't really know what to say. Plus, I really didn't expect for her to ask me that question.

After an audible moment of silence passes before I decided to answer, "Yes he is my mate," my voice is no more than a whispers.

"Though he doesn't want me," I so desperately want to add in but I don't. It just feels wrong to bad mouth my mate, or to bad mouth our situation. Regardless of what we go through or what he has put me through. He's still my mate.

Claire face balls up at my answer as if she can read my thoughts. I can see that she has a lot to say. It's obvious that she is not the type to bite her tongue but thankfully this time she does.

"But I'm a Wilde, my people will never allow it. Plus, he won't even acknowledge it," I quickly explain to her and myself. I don't know why I feel the need to her because I've never been to type to care about what other's thought. In all honesty,  I've always been a outcast among my people.

They never said it out loud because who I'm related too but they never had too. It's always been very obvious they other wolves  thought that I was a beautifully strange little wolf. With that being said I don't know why I feel the need to explain how fucked up my relationship is to someone I barely know.

Maybe, my need to explain really doesn't have anything to do with Claire at all.

Maybe, I just needed to say it out loud just to hear how fucked up my  situation really is over all, just maybe....

King Xander interrupts out conversation as he walks into the room, carrying a plate filled with a big stake of pancakes drenched in really thick buttery maple syrup! Um mm-those looks delicious.  Really, flipping delicious. By the looks of things, Claire is thinking the same thing that I'm thinking.

She's eyeing the stack of pancakes like how a tiger would eye an elk slowly and surely anticipating to feast on it's prey before finally deciding to pounce on top of the animal back, just to devour the animal whole. That's the look that she has inside of her electrifying eyes.

She has the eye of a tiger.  Suddenly, my stomach growls. Oh, great! That is totally unfair, Claire has the eye of a tiger but here I am behaving like some starved cub. How, embarrassing?

King Xander places the plate filled with heaven cakes directly in front of Claire, making her jump and then suddenly all hell breaks loose again.

********

King Cyrus POV.

I'm so mad that I could spit nickles. Seriously, the blazing fire that is currently flowing through my blood, burns so brightly that it can melt metal into coins.

At this point, I probably could blow fire out of my mouth as if I am some type of mythological bull shit creature.... a fucking dragon, or some shit.

That's how mad I am. That is how mad Embry can make me feel.

I'm currently outside the east wing entryway, pacing back in fourth, trying my hardest to not over heat.

When she pulled that little stunt in the room, I almost lost it. I literally had the urge to mark her and take her right then and there. She's my beloved, which makes her my destined Queen.

Queen's don't bow or bend the knee for anybody, especially my queen. So knowing that she purposely did that just to annoy me bothered me to the very end. It's the fact that she knew that it would even bother me in the first place that really bothers me. I hate that she makes me feel like I'm made of glass, as if she can see right through me,

Embry actions displays that she can figure me out. No one has ever been able to figure me out. No one ever is able to identify my next move, or if I'm even going to move at all.

Well at least no one has ever could into Embry came along. Shit like that irks me. She's irritates me like no other.

On top of that, she had the nerve to raise up that perfectly carved chin of hers once again to purposely challenge me, showing me exactly what type of Queen. I hate that she challenges me, absolutely hate it and love it.

It's like she was born to fuck with my head. One minute she is ice and then the next second she is fire, the type of girl that makes you fear the cold but crave the burn. Trust me I know! That's exactly what she is doing too me... has done to me.

She is melting the walls around my heart that took centuries to build and turning me into nothing but a puddle, before her feet I shall melt.

I should crumble in her hands by her silk soft touch. She is making me feel so ughh, I could scream!

"What is she doing to me," I shout out loud. You see, this she-wolf is driving me and my monster crazy. She is making me down right insane, got me talking to myself and shit.

I need to get a grip on myself before I start hearing voices and seeing all typesof weird things, like ghost and shit.

Embry has the ability to make me believe that I can see dead people. That is how crazy she is making me.

I run my hands throughout my hair before picking a chair up off the ground just to throw it at the wall, hoping that it eases my frustration.

It doesn't, if anything it makes me feel just as crazier. I have no idea why Nicklaus likes to throw chair when he's mad. All of does it make you feel madder.

"What's got your panties in a bunch, say's an annoyingly unexpected voice from behind me. Oh, fuck! Marcellus is here.

I turn around to him Marcellus and his annoying ass smirk. This is another person who was born just to irk me. The only difference between him and Embry is he loves to tell me that he was very much so born to irk me.

In other words, he like's to rub it in. As if he knows what I'm thinking Marcellus smirk turns into a big, bright and wide smile. It's the type of smile that shows off his pearly white teeth.

"Hello Cyrus," he smiles harder. Fake smile. Fuck, I hate his smile.

"Fuck off, Marcellus," I spit, while walking past him. Purposely making sure that I bump his shoulder in the process. Of course, the fool doesn't listen. He just follows behind me with his famous confident and cocky strike. Fuck, he's annoying.

"It's such a pleasure to bump into you," he says from behind me.

"Sure it is," I mumble underneath my breath.

"Yes it is," he so proudly declares. "It's such a wonderful surprise," he continues on and then suddenly he fake coups. "Not," I hear the fucking clown mumble. You see what I mean. He is so fucking annoying.

I'm seconds away from existing the west wing when Xander voice hits my overly sensitive ears. "What did you do," he snaps.

""Don't talk to her like that," Claire snaps back. Thant could only mean one thing. Embry! That son of a whore is once again disrespecting my beloved and testing my patience.

My vision bleeds entirely and the next thing I know is my monster is storing into the room with no door.

"What the fuck happened to the door," I hear Marcellus says.

"Shut up, Marcellus," I almost snap into my eyes lock onto Claire.

Her body is shaking as she is laid flat out on her back, like she is having an exorcism or some shit. Honestly, now that O;m thinking about it, if she was having one that would connect the dots.... It will explain it all. That human girl is the devil.

Seriously, Claire is displaying the same actions that my mother use to whenever he was experiencing a shit-load of negative emotions. Hold the fuck up, wait! Now that's impossible.

"Something is wrong," says Commander Vlad. He has no idea how right on he is, something is very much so wrong. It's no way that Claire should be able to feel Nicklaus emotions.

No way, she shouldn't be able to do that. She really is an extremely powerful human, maybe a little to power. She is dangerous.

My eyes snap in Embry direction. She is crying a river, shaking like a leaf on a tree directly beside Claire. I need to get my beloved as far away as possible from her.

Far, far, away.....

"It's the claim," I, not really believing my own words, "She's feeling his emotions," I continue on, while cautiously moving beside Claire. Only, so I can get closer to Embry.

As soon as I get close to Embry, I place her into the security of my arms not giving a fuck about what the other's may think. Her safety is my number one propriety.

"But how," sudden;y questions Commander Vlad."It's too soon,"

"She communicated with him before in a dreamlike state," explains Xander and then Claire entire face grows blue.

Literally, her entire face turns to the shade of bright blue as she desperately searches for air. It's like an imaginary creature suddenly knocked the wind out of her. I've never seen anything like it.

"Claire," Xander says, placing his hand on her shoulder. "I know you can hear me. I promise it will be okay, but I need you to follow my directions. "Open your mind completely, search for the person that makes you feel the safest," he continues to persuade and then suddenly her body goes back to normal, like nothing ever happened.

What the fuck? She is actually going to do it, She is actually going to communicate with him, a freshly claimed human, if that doesn't scream power I don't know what does.

What a fucking surprise?

The world really doesn't have the slightest idea about what's to come.

Shit is about to get real.

<🌪>
Awake Update. I'm so sorry for the late update. Please don't forget to hit that golden star ⭐️ comment and follow. If you want to read ahead the next chapter it is available on.

Hey, love bugs!❤️ Here is your update for this week. I wanted to update three times but I can barely keep my eyes open... let alone type. This sickness is kicking my ass. Please bare with me.

I'm usually in the holiday spirit but between my heath... && all this other bullshit that the devil has placed onto my back. I'm exhausted.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 220 47
Have you ever just look up to the sky and ask the Moon Goddess "Why?" I have. I do it every single night for the past four years. I don't know if I...
1.1M 41.5K 49
Liam was actually excited to find his mate. It would be nice to have someone to help him with pack business. Keeping the borders safe and punishing r...
9.6M 372K 106
Book 1 of (The Awakening Series) {#1 Supernatural} {#1 Paranormal} {#1 Lycans} {#1 Vampire Romance} {#5 Royalty} The world went to shit long before I...
235 3 9
I sighed heavily as I scanned the forest. I had heard something or someone to be specific, wandering about. I decided I would leave once I affirmed t...