His Rejected 'Queen'.

By Marie_Curia

Iris Black is a strong, smart, logical, sweet 21 years old girl with new life and name. Her real name is Dian... More

Author's Note!
Introduction.
Queen Made From Courage.
Still Exists...
"Welcome" To The Palace...
In Confusion...
All About 'Her'...
Dreams VS Reality...
In Tension For Her...
Desperation For 'Two'...
A Queen Never Bows...
Too "Close"...
She Is Diana...
In 'Pain'...
Tension...
Truths & Regrettings...
Anything For Her...
"You Are Mine...", Part I.
"You Are Mine...", Part II.
Triggering The Beast...
"One Last Chance..."
Contract, Jealously, Challenge.
'Her Royal Highness'.
"I Belong To You!"
Trust, Closeness, Nightmares.
"You Are My Queen!"
Insecurities, Passion, Rogues.
Worries, Feelings And Roses.
Earned It!
"Good Team!"
The Woman That Stole His Heart!
"With Me!"
"Important To Me!"
Reveals And Memories!
Together!
Tree Of Life!
Allies And Enemies!
There Is Love!
Enemies And Guardians.
Royal Birthday...
Queen's Battle!
The True King!
"With You!"
"I Love You!"
Family Conflicts...
Real Family's Love!
"Till Death!"
Strong Man!
"He Is My Home!"
"We Are One!"
Love And Sudden Problems.
Overshadowed Happiness...
To Northern Alaska!
Tensions And Instincts.
Stormy...
Reveals, Realizations And Shocks.
Her Truth.
One Breath Away.
Author's Note: Sharing Few Things.
Howls And Gunshot.
It's Now Or... Never!
Facing Death.
What Everyone Deserves...
Back To 'Life'!
Moving On With... Reveals.
The Two Extremes.
No More Secrets!

"Already 'Inside' You..."

7K 159 28
By Marie_Curia

"You can't run away from me anymore... I am already inside you!"

~next morning, Daniel's office~

Daniel's pov

I stiffen on my seat and exhale harshly.

I feel much more relieved from yesterday morning when Gideon came with Nikki and Luna Leah but right now I am nervous.

I am waiting for Landon to come in my office and talk.

It is going to be the first time that we will stay alone after everything and discuss about it and I don't know how to feel.

I missed him to be honest, he is my brother, we do everything together and these past few days without him have been a hell for me.I need him, I really do. We are distant from the day Diana and the fighters came almost three weeks ago and it is the first time something like this happens.

Ι was mad at him, I know I did and said too bad things for him, I accused him for what happened to Diana, I warned him, I told him I wanted to kill him but it hurts me now, everything I did and said hurt. I am calmer and I think clearly now, I was too harsh with him. He was already feeling awful and I made it worse for him. I was unfair, right?

He wanted to keep her the happiest and calmest he could and my attitude wasn't helping him so I can't accuse him. If I was keeping Samantha away and I was more determinate to get close to Diana then he could have changed his mind, I could have known but no, I had other plans...

What an asshole I am!?

I can't blame him or Diana for their behavior and now that I mentioned her name...

I am very happy and proud to say that from what I have been learning until now from my mother and friends she is much better, her mood has changed completely, she is more cheerful, calmer and not so stressed.

Last day Gideon tried to make her eat with some help from Luna Leah but the result wasn't so optimistic for us as she threw up the few bites of soup she managed to eat.So we failed to feed her but fortunately she slept the whole night with Gideon on her side and she didn't wake up at all.

God!

Feeling her suffering is killing me, I would prefer to take her place and suffer ten times worse than her than knowing she is in this condition and I cannot do a thing to help her.

Everything is my own fault!

Shit!

I groan and run my hands through my hair cursing and the knock at the door makes me freeze for some seconds.

Landon!

God, help me! How am I going to tell him how sorry I am?

I take a deep breath trying to get rid of my nervousness and clear my throat. I can do it, I have to!

"Come in!" I say fighting to stop my hands that are trembling and the next second the door opens timidly.

I hold my breath waiting with difficulty Landon to get in and close the door behind him and I observe him bowing to me with his eyes locked on the floor like he is ashamed. No! He feels ashamed and this is not right, I have to take the blame for this...

"Your Royal Hig..."

Fuck my life!

"Stop it man!" I shout interrupting him and standing up like a flash.

I walk around my office and straight to him with quick, big steps and once I reach in front of him I pull him in my arms tightly and sigh more relaxed than some seconds ago.

This is it!

"I am sorry! You did the right thing and I overreacted! Thank you for standing on her! I... I am an idiot!"I say truthfully and he hugs me back after the first for him sock.

"Thank you for everything brother! This means everything for me Daniel! I am sorry, really!"

"I know, you wanted to protect her! It was my fault, I was acting like a bastard and I never made you think of telling me."

"I had warned her that we had to tell you but... I thought I was doing the best for her even if I was way too worried!" he replies in a low tone still embarrassed.

"Come, let's sit. We have a lot to talk about!" I say in hurry and break our hug almost dragging him to the closest couch.

We sit on it very fast without losing time and I give him an inquisitive look. He looks better, he is still a bit nervous but his face is brighter than before, like mine I guess...

"I... I am really sorry for what I said, every time we fought, not only about three days ago. I never thought that there was something else between you and her. You made me think that you were really interested in her." I begin and he rolls his eyes trying not to burst into laughter.

"Land stop it!" I say through my teeth and punch him on the arm playfully making him let out a low laughter.

"Are you kidding me? Am I such a great actor? You are the only one that thought that I was in love with her. Well, and your mother but she has excuse, I was talking about Diana a lot with her." He says still laughing a bit.

"You did an amazing job I have to admit... At least until the ball because then I realized that your car was missing like Diana and Hunter and I understood that something else was happening and I decided to approach her out of nowhere at the nightclub but..."

"Destiny had other plans... I knew that you were too close to find out that something was wrong. That's why I was not so close to Diana the last days." He says cutting me off and I narrow my eyes groaning.

What a clever asshole my friend is?!

He knows me too well...

"And you weren't challenging me as well..." I murmur and he nods smirking devilishly.

"Look..." he starts getting serious and stiffens next to me.

"...I won't lie, I feel awful for what I did, lying to you is the worst thing for me but believe it or not for Diana it came out of me as a need to do it. When I read 'Iris'' file and then Aiden's and figured out everything I was too shocked, I didn't know what to do and I decided to wait for their arrival and see their behavior. It was clear that Aiden had no idea and when you had that small, cocky talk with Diana when you greeted her I was sure about two things."

"That I had no idea who she really was and that she didn't want me to know." I interrupt him and he nods in sympathy.

"I felt her alone and this broke my heart Daniel, you can see the way we all feel about her. Even though no one knew look everyone's behavior towards her! Our instinct is strong, we feel her role in our life, we adore her... So, I didn't want to leave her alone, I was sure that no one knew and I talked to her the first night, I told her that I knew everything and I promised to help her stay away from you if she didn't want you." He continues and pauses awkwardly.

"And she did want to stay away from me. You did an excellent job, I was getting crazy and I didn't know the reason for the strong pull I had been having to her. At some point I thought that I was losing my mind, I began thinking of Diana, I mean what I did five years ago and I began feeling guilty. I tried to learn about her from Aiden, I got angry when he told me his suspicions about her being alive and there I lost it... I got angry, I was thinking that Diana planned her death to take her revenge from me and that's why I slept with... Damn!" I say angrily in the end and curse under my breath.

What an idiot I have been!

"That night she was crying constantly..." he whispers with a hurt expression.

My heart stops.This hurts like hell and if I was feeling awful until now then from this moment this turns to the worst nightmare after losing Diana.

She was crying, my baby was suffering again and...

Wait!

"Why? Do you mean that she... For me..." I whisper breathless and he gives me a weak sympathetic smile shaking his head negatively.

"I am sorry Daniel. She wasn't crying because she was hurt from you but because Destiny was mourning. Um... Let's just say that her wolf thought that maybe you two could really be together... Your behavior made Destiny soften, she wants a mate and when we all listened to you that night she got hurt. She had been screaming and howling for hours that night and I was on Diana's side with Hunter. She was ready to lose her mind, Destiny had gotten crazy. She scared us..." he explains obviously hurt.

I lower my head and close my eyes. Devon is cursing under his breath, he is moving in my mind angrily and I feel his rage growing. I am such an idiot!

"Daniel... You have done terrible things to her with or without your concern. You rejected her, her parents almost killed her, she got too vulnerable and weak, she came here against her will and she has been too stressed but..."

"But what?" I ask impatiently.

"You love her and... Your reaction and behavior the last days leaves everyone no doubt about your feelings. Um... This is not the same for Diana but I think she is softening if she is not getting confused. I want to be honest with you brother, you have to try a lot to gain her trust and then her mind and heart. She... She knows that you gave blood for her, I told her and she got panicked. You took back your rejection... Things are not so simple."

"She hates me..." I whisper disappointed and he taps my knee sighing heavily.

"I don't think she hates you, maybe she is trying to convince herself she does but this is not hatred, at least the last days. Your bond never broke and the more time she spends with you the more her feelings change." He murmurs smiling timidly.

"I wish you are right, I don't want to lose her for good. I love her and I want to do the right things from now. I will give her time, I won't pressure her, she needs time. I will make my moves gradually and..."

"No Daniel. I don't think you are right." He states worried and I blink my eyes surprised.

"Excuse me?"

"The more time you give her the more time you lose and this is not in favour of you. You will make her doubt you even more. Do you want my opinion?" he asks shortly.

"Of course I do. You know her better than I do and no one else is willing to help me." I reply in hurry and he groans in frustration rubbing his neck.

"Look, I won't help you a lot either. I will just give you a good push. I don't want Diana mad at me but you two have to get closer somehow so I will do my best to give you the greatest advice I can."

"Speak! What do you mean? What do I have to do?" I ask sitting up in alert and he rolls his eyes giggling.

Yeah, I will do the same when we talk about him and Nikki in a while. The idiot...

"Fine. Don't lose more time than you already have. Try to start approaching her from now with slow, careful steps every time. The key is your bond, make it stronger. Don't pressure her with discussions about you and her if she doesn't want to but try to break the ice and her barriers. Give her reasons to think of you two together. Make her trust you, show you have regretted everything." He says calmly and gives me an encouraging smile.

"You think I have to approach her so soon and suddenly?" I ask nervous.

"Man focus! She is going to run away again if you keep on waiting." He shouts and Devon immediately jumps up in my mind outraged even in the idea of losing her.

"Do as he says! DO IT!" he screams fighting for my control and with great efforts I manage to block him in time.

Fuck! That was close...

I sigh relieved and bury my face in my hands. I don't know if it's a good idea, I think it is too soon to make my move but... What if she really tries to leave me?

No, no! I can't accept it, I have to give it a try...

"Are you alright? What is it?" Landon asks me worried.

I open my eyes and lift my head up. I take a deep breath and turn to look at him. I can make it!

"I just thought how I am going to approach her for now. Then I'll see. But what about you? It's your turn to tell me how are things with Nikki... You look excited." I say trying to stop my nervousness about what is going to happen too soon and also with interest in him and his mate.

He smiles brightly when I mention her name and blushes slightly. This is the first time I see him like this and I am happy for him. He had been waiting for his mate for years, he never thought of finding someone else, he had faith and now he can finally be happy. Nikki is special from what I have seen until now and she is a great doctor. I read her file and I am impressed, she is a genius in her job and she is too young, only 28. I think that we found our basic future doctor that is going to replace Robert in some years from now and I am sure she is going to do great. I already trust her, she won't be a fighter but I like the idea of my first Beta female as my personal doctor.

"She is very sweet, so special, so pretty... I am in love with her and her behavior is killing me in such a sweet way that I can't even describe. She accepted me, she stays here, she is strong and shy at the same time, she is so clever and funny, I am telling you I am losing my mind. You have no idea how relieved I am for her accepting me, our bond, us. Last day we were together for hours and it was the best time of my life!" he says with an enthusiasm that can't be hidden and makes me smile brightly.

"Finally my friend. Good news for you! You deserve it, you had been waiting for years and it is about time to be happy with your soulmate!"

"Thanks Daniel. Nothing would have happened without you or Diana, I mean you understand... We own you and I hope you have the same end with us and Ellie with Jeremy. Well... Elias has to find his although... He needs one." He says thoughtfully with a bit of concern and I nod in agreement.

Elias really needs a mate, he is 32 and I can see he is worried in the idea of not finding her. I mean, he is older than us and his hopes are getting smaller.

"Yeah, you are right. I hope he finds his mate or else he is going to be heartbroken." I say and he nods shortly.

"Um..." I begin and pause rubbing my chin.

"Did you talk with Nikki about Rosa and Milton?" I ask curious.

Yeah, I forgot to tell you that we have one more small surprise for Diana, or better three... I hadn't planned it but yesterday night it got proved that the unplanned incidents are much better. So let me explain you what is happening...

Nikki has one younger sister at the same age with Diana, Rosa and her mate, Milton was getting trained in one of our basic schools for about two years to become one of my permanent warriors. Rosa met him on a trip she had here in USA about one and half year ago and from that moment she is staying with him. Some days ago Milton graduated successfully from the school and today I am expecting them as they are going to stay here at the palace from now on, Milton as my warrior and Rosa as one of the teachers of the school we have at the city's center. As you can imagine things are getting interesting and pleasing as Nikki is going to stay here as well as Diana and now they will also have Rosa so everyone will be pleased. Nikki told us about it last night and from what she mentioned Diana loves Rosa very much and I am looking forward to see her expression once she meets her again after one and half year but the surprise don't stop here and forgive me but I am not going to say more as soon you will understand what else I am talking about...

"Yes, before I come I was with her. I think their plane is about to land from minute to minute and one car is already at the airport waiting for them so they will be here soon." He replies smiling and I stand up sighing.

"Okay then... They are downstairs, right?" I ask nervously and he smirks in understanding.

"You mean our mates, Gideon, Luna Leah, your parents and Aiden?! Yeah, shall we?" he whispers devilishly making me roll my eyes.

"I am glad you have fun!" I hiss in frustration as I begin walking to the door with him following me.

"You do not look like it..." he says laughing and I groan annoyed.

Yeah... He had to be walking in my shoes right now...

~at the same time, living room~

Third person's pov

"I mean it! She was getting crazy every time! She was acting like a maniac!" Aiden said again giggling.

Diana crossed her hands in from of her chest with an annoyed expression and said nothing. Her brother was determinate to say everything about her the last half an hour and they were all laughing with her achievements and behavior when she was a kid.

She was feeling much better from the moment she had seen her father, aunt and friend-doctor. The shock was huge for her at the beginning and especially when Gideon told her that everything was Daniel's job but she was relieved. She had missed them and she knew that the only person she needed so much was Gideon, her father, her biggest weakness.

They had been always having a special relationship, a strong bond and he was the man that was standing on her side constantly the last five years, he knew her every thought and feeling, he knew what he had to do to calm her down, he knew what to say to make her every fear and wary disappear but...

He also knew how to drive her crazy and that was something he had done the previous day with a great success!

After he was done with Daniel he went straight to her room and asked to stay alone with her. The continuing wasn't so good for Diana as he scolded her enough for the next twenty years of her life. He was hurt and angry by her, she had kept from him the fact that she had gotten shot and he couldn't accept it. He was overwhelmed from his discussion with Daniel as well but as he had told  Daniel he decided not to interfere and talk to Diana about him. He just told her that he knew everything and that it was her job to tell him, not Daniel's.

Diana didn't try to protest or challenge him, she knew that he was right for being angry and she had no courage to start a fight with him, he was too tired as well as she was. She simply asked for his forgiveness and then they both spent the rest of their day talking hugged and Gideon made a try to feed her some of her favorite foods and desserts with Luna Leah's help with displeasing results as Diana threw up some time later.

"This is what happens now but not with the same thing..." Luna Leah stated still laughing and Gideon nodded smirking with meaning at Diana.

"Excuse me? What do you mean?" Aiden asked surprised and sat up a bit next to Jonathan.

"What do you think she means Den? I don't like them anymore!" Diana finally spoke up in frustration and Nikki began giggling lowly next to her.

"And what is that?" Landon's cheerful voice sounded from the living room's entrance.

They all snapped their heads to that direction to see Daniel and Landon walking in the room in a steady, casual way and for a second they all froze.

The atmosphere changed immediately, it wasn't so peaceful anymore, there was tension.

Everything and everyone was turning around them... Daniel and Diana.

They were the center of everyone's interest, their reactions were being observed every time they were at the same place and not without reason.

Jonathan and Victoria were both waiting for the moment that their son would have his mate, the rightful Queen on his side and Diana's behavior was logical for them, they couldn't blame her hesitation.

Aiden from the other side was confused and somewhere in the middle. He could see that Daniel loved his sister but the past couldn't change so easily especially after the discussions he had made with Diana and the things she had confessed to him. She was hurt and not ready to trust him, she was right and despite the fact that she was his younger, favorite sister he could see that she was absolutely able to decide what to do on her own. He didn't want to get in the middle and make things worse in any way, Diana and Daniel had to find their own way.

Gideon and Luna Leah were calmer than the previous days after the private talk Gideon had with Daniel. Luna Leah got informed from Gideon and her sweet nature made her react better and more comfortably with the whole situation than Gideon. Leah could see more things than him, like Victoria or any other woman, Daniel and Diana were already close and they would get closer despite Gideon's fears. He could see the truth in Daniel's eyes the previous day but again he couldn't be sure about the result and the last thing he wanted was his little girl heartbroken for once more. He wanted her happy and he wasn't sure if her happiness was in Daniel's hands or not, he wanted to be patient but he wasn't willing to see her suffering even a bit.

Nikki and Landon from the other side knew both Daniel and Diana's side. Landon was close with both of them and Nikki had been friends with Diana for years, she knew everything and now with Landon she had been informed about Daniel and she had also talked with him for a while. She couldn't be so certain about his true intentions and feelings but she was sure about one thing, their bond was never gone and this meant something so she just had to wait and see.

"Come boys! We had been talking about Diana when she was a child!" Jonathan spoke up first trying to break the silence and Diana stiffened on her sit next to Nikki nervously.

She didn't want Daniel to know about her and she was certain that they would all try to push them closer. She was scared of what was going to happen next, she didn't know how to react, he was confusing her.

Daniel was smiling nervously with his eyes locked on Diana's. He was sweating slightly but he wanted to do his best and try to make Diana relax a bit. He could see that his presence was uncomfortable for her and despite the fact that this was hurting him he had to show patience and strength. He wanted to won her truly.

"Yeah, Aiden is splitting out everything, it is interesting!" Nikki stated clapping her hands wickedly and Diana gave her a discreet punch with a desperate look like she was asking her to save the situation and not make it worse.

"I am all ears, right Daniel? Let's have a seat!" Landon said cheerfully and walked quickly to Diana and Nikki's direction.

Daniel just nodded shortly and even though it was awkward for him he followed Landon. The living room they were in was one of the many the palace had but it was only for the royal members or the highest in the rank like Daniel, his parents, his Betas, Gamma and Delta. Now Diana, her family and friends could also have entrance in the room despite the fact that Diana wasn't seeing it like that and she was there because Jonathan and taken them there.

So the living room wasn't that big, it had only three couches and on the first one was Jonathan, Victoria and Aiden, on the second one were Gideon with Leah and at the biggest one in the end were Diana and Nikki.

Daniel and Landon couldn't sit somewhere else and they didn't want to so Landon quickly sat next to Nikki preventing Diana to switch place and leaving for Daniel the only available seat next to Diana.

Daniel forced a smile as he approached them and Diana lowered her head moving a bit closer to Nikki in the middle of the couch. Landon and Daniel were two very tall men with muscles, board chests, long feet, hands and shoulders and suddenly she felt trapped as they were both taking more space than she had imagined.

The moment Daniel sat on the couch next to Diana and his left side of body touched her right her skin shuddered and she lost her breath. The sparks were overwhelming her and she did her best to hide what was happening to her body. She couldn't move, she was already touching Nikki and there was no space, the four of them were sitting with difficulty on the big couch.

Daniel was shaking slightly and he was sure than only Diana could understand him with their bodies touching each other's. Her scent was too strong filling his lungs and his stomach felt like there were butterflies in it. Diana was changing him and everything he thought he knew. She was making him feel things he had never even imagine, he was thinking and dreaming a future with them together, he had hopes...

"So back to our topic because I am dying here! What do you mean you don't like them anymore?" Aiden asked Diana to enlighten the mood and he earned a warning, angry look from Diana.

"It is clear, it doesn't need explanation." she said shortly through her teeth.

"But you were killing me for strawberries! You can't tell me you don't like them anymore!" Aiden almost yelled surprised.

"Strawberries are Daniel's favorite fruit!" Victoria spoke up smiling meaningfully and Landon smirked wickedly.

"Well, it's not mine anymore..." Diana murmured giving Daniel a hard time and bringing the awkward silence back.

Luna Leah watched Daniel lowering his head and her heart broke, her niece could be very stubborn and cruel sometimes. She felt sympathy for Daniel, she knew how much he was trying and Diana was putting him through a lot with her behavior, so she had to help him a bit...

"She still eats them but her favorite one is pineapples so now if you want to make her feel better then give her cream with pineapples, she kills for this dessert!" she stated smiling warmly and made everyone except from Diana and Daniel smirk pleased.

Diana opened her eyes widely realizing what her aunt was trying to do and opened her mouth to say something but in the end decided that she had to just let it pass. She didn't want to seem rude in front of everyone.

Daniel lifted his head up, turned and gave Leah a thankful smile. She was trying to help him and he was grateful but he had to try harder if he wanted to win Diana.

"And don't tell me that you do not like chicken soup anymore because I am going to freak out!" Aiden continued casually earning a groan from Diana.

"This is still the same Aiden. She can eat chicken soup for her entire life." Gideon replied.

"But not even this made her eat last day..." Nikki stated giving Diana an annoyed look.

"Come on guys, give her some time. Robert said it, you also said it Nikki, she will start eating gradually." Victoria said softly in order to support Diana that was blushing embarrassed for a variety of reasons.

"I know Victoria but the first two days have passed and she has to start making more efforts or else she won't recover soon as she wants to. Destiny needs strength to appear again." Nikki explained softer than before and they all nodded in understanding.

"I will tell the chefs to cook everything you want Diana. You will have them the sooner!" Daniel said immediately getting ready to stand up but he stopped when Diana's hand grabbed his wrist instinctually.

He turned breathless and looked at her in the eyes. His heart was about to explode in his chest and the sparks began traveling all over his body. He couldn't believe that Diana was touching him, she had done the first move this time and this was surprising him in the most exciting way.

Diana instantly blushed and wished she could avoid his gaze and turn her eyes away from his big, green mesmerizing ones but something was paralyzing her. It was like something in his eyes was capturing her and she couldn't run away from it despite how much she wanted to. She didn't know what had gotten into her and she had grabbed his wrist. She was speechless with herself for her action, she... She felt the need and an unknown strength triggered her hand. Her heart had stopped beating or that was what she had been thinking, she was doing her best to breathe but she couldn't and she was desperately calling for Destiny but she was nowhere to be found.

She gained her thoughts with difficulty some long seconds later and pulled her hand back freeing Daniel's wrist and cleared her throat. She felt ashamed like never before in her life and pressured herself to speak the sooner she could.

"You don't have to... I mean... My aunt um... She has already cooked them for me." She whispered and turned her head away from him lowering her eyes to look at her knees.

Daniel blinked his eyes confused with his feeling drowning him and took a deep breath putting his thoughts in a queue.

"Luna Leah... You didn't have to, they..."

"I wanted to Daniel! We know how she likes them. Her uncle and I are always cooking for her when she is in bad mood." Leah cut him off in hurry and he sighed defeated.

They really loved her and he was glad she had people that loved and took care of her after what he and her 'parents' had done to her.

"Okay then, I guess you are right and..." he began to say but someone cleared his throat preventing him from continuing.

He turned his head and found Jim standing at the door smiling and the next second he stood up and Jim bowed.

"Daniel... They are here!" he simply said earning an approving nod from Daniel.

"Good, bring them in!" he ordered and Nikki with Landon stood up first after him while Diana blinked her eyes confused.

What was he up to again? She knew this behavior...

She turned and looked at her father that was smiling mysteriously and then her aunt that had a very calm, confident expression. They knew but she didn't. Even her brother had an acknowledgeable expression like Victoria and Jonathan.

They had all left her in the dark.

"What is happening?" she asked them all feeling her anger appearing and stood up with her eyes locked on her father's.

"YOU ARE NOT GOING TO GET RID OF ME, THAT'S WHAT IS HAPPENING!" a woman yelled and Diana jumped up.

"What on earth?" she murmured and turned to see the woman that was already in the room running to her direction.

"Rosa!"

"Who else silly?!" Rosa said laughing and passed by Daniel reaching Diana and pulling her in a big hug.

"Are you kidding me? What are you doing here? Why didn't you tell me?" Diana asked wrapping her hands around Rosa tightly with excitement.

"And why didn't you call me for almost one month? I thought I was your friend..." Rosa 'scolded' her playfully and pulled a bit back smirking.

"I... I am sorry, okay, you got me but why are you here? When did you come?" Diana asked quickly.

"I just came, relax and I guess you know why I am here, Milton is becoming a permanent warrior."

"This means that he is here with you?" Diana asked widening her eyes in enthusiasm and they all smirked in union.

"Yeah, I am but not alone..." Milton said from the door and Diana looked at him to gasp shocked the very next second.

He was holding a baby in his hands, a girl?

Diana stood like a statue for some seconds while everyone else was smiling. She had no idea and the shock for her was huge. She was trying to proceed what was happening and at the same time she was excited.

"Is this... Yours? You... Became a mother?" she whispered breathless and Rosa laughed with Milton nodding.

"Yeap..." Nikki said tapping Diana's back as Milton began walking to them with the small baby in his hands.

It was beautiful... It had her mother's big, dark blue eyes, her father's light blonde hair and her tiny dress was pink with some white flowers on it. On her title feet she has white shoes and her skin was pale but perfect.

"She is... Beautiful!" Diana murmured overwhelmed and they all nodded in agreement.

"Did you like our surprise?" Jonathan asked in agony.

"You mean this one as well... Of course, I mean... You all knew, didn't you?" Diana asked giving a quick look to everyone.

"Yes... Your father, aunt and I knew and last night I told Daniel that the warrior he was waiting today was my brother in law with my sister and their daughter." Nikki explained immediately.

"Why didn't you tell me? How months is she?" Diana continued with her eyes never leaving the tiny figure in Milton's arms.

"She is three and half months old and I wanted this to be a surprise. We were planning to pay you a visit in England but the plans changed when Nikki told us that you were here. We knew that we would meet you and here we are!" Rosa replied smiling brightly.

"God! What's her name?" Diana asked next.

They all gave some discreet looks at each other and then looked at Diana that was still admiring the little baby.

Milton nodded at Rosa and she took a deep breath before she caressed Diana's back.

"Um... This is something else I wanted to talk to you about..." she said and made Diana turn and look at her immediately confused.

"Is anything wrong?"

"No silly! In fact I think it is perfect... Okay so... Would you like to be her godmother and give her a name?" Rosa asked Diana in agony.

"What? Do you mean it? Me?" Diana asked her with a stoned expression.

"We couldn't think of someone more appropriate for this. It would be an honor. We... We wish she could become the half as strong and kind as you are Diana..." Milton said with Rosa nodding emotionally.

"So what are you saying?" Landon asked impatiently.

Diana was amused. She had lost her voice and she was dizzy for some seconds. She had listened to them but she couldn't reply and not because she was refusing but because she was touched.

"Of course!" she said with a cracking voice and her eyes got filled with tears as she opened her hands towards her future godchild that responded to her immediately by raising its tiny, little hands back to her.

"Okay, go to your godmother sweetheart... You already like her!" Milton whispered handing his daughter to Diana.

The little baby left out a low happy sound and smiled when Diana took it in her arms and kissed its forehead.

The bond was already created.

They all stood silent observing them with Daniel having the proudest yet most emotional expression of all.

Watching Diana from so close with a baby in her arms was suddenly his biggest dream and purpose. She was even sweeter and her eyes were shining, she was like someone else. Motherhood suited her like she was born to become a mother and raise pups, his pups.

"And now you have to decide about her name Diana, it's up to you!" Landon said wrapping one arm around Nikki.

"Oh, I already know her name. If you guys don't have any problem with it..." Diana stated immediately not having to think of any other name than the one that had already come in her mind and looked at Rosa and Milton.

"And this is?" Rosa asked her impressed of how fast she had decided.

Diana smiled emotional and looked her future godchild in the eyes. She was sure about it, it was the best name there was for her. The last days she couldn't stand it but it was important and beautiful to her. She took her eyes from the baby's and landed them on her father's that was now some steps away from her. He seemed too calm and relieved, he was again the man she knew.

"I can't choose any other name, I owe this person, I owe everything I am and whom I have..." Diana began with her eyes deeply locked on her father's.

"Her name will be... Iris!" she announced proudly with some tears falling instinctually from her eyes.

They all got touched immediately.

Something had just changed, a pleasant energy circled them like Iris was there with them and she was happy. Gideon's eyes blurred from tears and he walked to Diana in hurry with Milton, Rosa and Daniel stepping aside for him.

He knew that Diana had a special soul and her action was not such a surprise for him but again it was a lot for him to take. She had already given him the life he had lost with his mate and daughter's deaths and now she was bringing Iris again back to life through another person.

"What a kid you are, huh?" he asked Diana doing his best not to cry and kissed her forehead with the same love and adoration he had been always having for her from the first moment she had stepped in his life.

"The least I can do for my sister father... You and she deserve it." She whispered sweetly.

"Iris it is then! Thank you Diana, it is really the best and she already likes it." Milton said pointing the big smile in the baby's face and making everyone laugh and enlighten the heavy yet touching moment.

"She really agrees!" Daniel commended while lifting his hand and caressing the little Iris' cheek.

Iris chuckled excited from it and turned to look at her surprised godmother like she could feel what she had been feeling from Daniel's sudden move. Daniel was killing Diana with his behavior the last days and she didn't know how to react or feel, he was constantly making her lose her mind.

Maybe Daniel was a really good man but with her he had never been one or at least until some days ago. She wasn't sure what she had to do, trust him or not?

"And she likes you two a lot. This is the first time she is acting like this with people she doesn't know." Rosa said impressed and Victoria, Leah and Nikki smirked understanding the reason Rosa had decided to make that commend.

Silence made her appearance once more and Landon focused on Daniel's face trying to read his mind and Jonathan with Aiden caught him while everyone else was too busy by observing Diana and Iris. He was sure that Daniel wanted to talk with Diana and he was scared of asking her so he had to do something. He felt Jonathan and Aiden's eyes on him and opened his link with them without second thought.

He wanted to help Daniel discreetly.

"He wants to talk to her in private..." Landon told them shortly.

"Tell me something I do not know." Aiden groaned ironically.

"He needs a chance to do it..." Landon continued.

"I think I know... Landon suggest to the guys to take the baby and follow you and Nikki to their room. They have to know the basic things about the palace anyway and Aiden go with them." Jonathan said after some seconds of thinking and they both nodded in agreement.

Landon cleared his throat and Nikki felt that something was happening, their bond was getting stronger second by second and her feelings were telling her what was all about.

"I think that little Iris needs to rest after your flight and drive here. We will show you your room and then the palace." He stated smiling and Rosa nodded quickly.

"Yeah, she is tired and I don't want her to cry in the end."

"Good and we have things to do, right Gideon?" Jonathan said with a mysterious expression that Victoria knew very well.

"And we will go for a walk at the gardens." She said to Leah who smiled and signed positively.

Diana felt what they wanted to do and blushed again in the idea of her staying alone with Daniel. She had to avoid him...

"I am coming with you." She announced almost panicked but Daniel gained his self again and knew that he had to make his move.

"Diana, I would like to talk to you about your team now that you are recovering and discuss about what is going to happen until you are fully capable of taking the commander's role again." He said with determination leaving her speechless.

She cursed from inside her and her heart began beating faster than she could bear.

Daniel was surprising her again and this time she knew that she couldn't deny and that...

Things were about to get in another level!

~some time later, Daniel's office~

"Please, after you." Daniel said opening the door and motioning for Diana to get in his office first.

She just nodded weakly and bitted her lower lip as she passed by him and got in the elegant with dark colors office. She took some steps and stopped in the middle of the room not knowing what to do as Daniel got in after her and closed the door behind him with his eyes never leaving her body. He could smell her nervousness and this wasn't helping him.

"Please have a seat Diana." He said as he walked behind his office and waited some seconds to sit until she sat on a chair right opposite of him.

His eyes traveled all over her body in hurry and felt relieved that she was not looking at him and that he was still blocking Devon that now would have gotten crazy if he had allowed him to be present in his mind.

He wanted to make things on his way with slow, careful steps every time.

"Um..." he began and cleared his throat making her stiffen and lift her head to meet his gaze.

"As I told you I want to talk about your team. You need time to recover completely and I am never going to ask you to keep your duties in the condition you are in. I don't want you to worry about your team's training or anything else so just relax and take your time. I have thought about someone that is going to replace you until you are ready again and I wanted to know your opinion." He explained not so truthfully having other plans in his mind but as casually as he could.

"I understand. Who are you thinking about?" she asked him shortly relieved from the turn their discussion had taken.

"Hunter. You chose him as your right hand, he is one of the best anyway and they all respect him. He is capable of replacing you, training them and leading them in a fight if it is needed. He can also keep you informed and I am pleased from his work." Daniel replied and she nodded immediately.

"Yes, I totally agree, he is going to do a great job but..."

She paused and narrowed her eyes confused. She had no idea what Daniel's last words meant.

Daniel saw her confusion and got panicked for a second. She was pausing and he thought that he had said or done something wrong.

"What is it?" he asked her immediately.

"Um... What did you mean by the last one?" she asked him right back.

"Oh, this... I wanted to talk to you about it as well or better inform you. You need to know." He said nervously and took some deep breaths to stop shaking.

Diana didn't dare to open her mouth and talk. She was suddenly scared of what Daniel wanted to tell her not that she hadn't been until then but now she could feel that this was going to be worse. Daniel's body was betraying him.

"He was trying to find who shot you with your team. You already know that and who was behind it... I am sure they told you." He began trembling and she raised her eyebrows in realization.

"Yes, I understand. He really did a good job." She said trying not to show her sudden anger.

Daniel could read her eyes, he knew she was angry, she was forcing herself to stay appropriate but she was giving a hard fight for it.

He felt worse for this, it was his fault and he had to admit it.

"Diana, I want to say that I am sorry for what happened to you. I had to have an eye on Samantha but I didn't know that she could be so smart to do something like this. It is my fault and I feel bad about it." He managed to confess with a heartbroken expression.

She stood silent staring into his eyes speechless. She couldn't believe her ears, she was stoned in the good way but his words made things more uncomfortable for her. She had blamed him the previous day, she had said that it was his fault and now she was feeling bad for it. Maybe because her anger was gone, she was thinking more clearly after her father had arrived and she had slept enough to have the patience to put her thoughts in a queue.

Daniel was better than she had been thinking and maybe she was too harsh on him.

"It is not your fault, you couldn't have known. You have no reason to feel bad about it. I don't blame you." She said after some seconds breaking the torturing silence and Daniel lowered his head unaffected from her words.

"No, we both know whose fault it is. Anyway, thank you for your kindness... Um... Let me just inform you, you have every right to know. She was found in her car deeply inside the forest some kilometers away from the city. She was trying to leave away probably and she got out of the road, fell from a cliff and the car engine got fire. She got burn in it. She was unconscious as the specialists are telling us. In the back sit they found a gun that had capsules with wolfsbane like the one you got shot with." He said in hurry ashamed and paused shaking.

"Um... I... See... Thank you for telling me Your Royal Highness." Diana whispered breathless and quite shocked from his description and this made Daniel 'wake up' and gain his thoughts.

Your Royal Highness...

Every time she was calling him like this and every time she was killing him.

She wasn't going to accept him, she wanted to keep him in a distance.

"Diana could you at least call me Daniel?" he asked her with a painful expression.

She felt her heart aching in pain because of what she had made him feel and sighed in frustration. He had a way of making her losing her mind and self control. She couldn't think straightly with him so close, she was acting like a woman she didn't know.

She wanted to run away from him but from the day he had hugged her and taken back his rejection she wasn't sure that she was so willing to do it no matter how much she was trying to deny it.

Daniel observed her in agony standing up with shaking legs and looking everywhere except from him almost panicked. He followed his instinct and did the same thing with her while she began taking some steps back towards the door.

She wanted to leave him.

"I will try... I... I think it's better for me to go. Excuse me." She whispered not even able to listen to her own voice and stumbled carelessly.

The next second she felt her ankle hurting and left out a low painful cry and almost kneeled from the sharp pain. She cursed herself for the moment she decided to act carelessly and tried to stand up and set her foot again on her floor but it hurt her again.

Daniel reached her the very next second with a panicked look on his face and took her in his arms just before she fall on her knees for good.

They both lost their breath, they felt like a wave of electricity hit them and Diana's condition got worse from all the strong feelings she had been trying to push away.

"Are you alright? Let me help you sit on the couch, I will call Robert to have a look at your ankle." He told her getting ready to take her in his arms in bridal way and took her on a couch to lay down but Diana had other plans.

"I am fine. I will go back to my room, thank you." She said desperately and pushed him back, stood on her feet with great amends and turned to leave but before she reach the door...

A loud growl made her freeze closing her eyes and the next thing she knew was the door being locked, she getting pinned on the wall next to it and a hard body falling on hers.

"Mate..." a harsher, huskier, deeper and stronger voice than Daniel's said making her gasp.

"Mine!" the voice added.

Devon had managed to take full control over Daniel taking advantage of his confusion and feeling his mate ready to run away from him made him lose his self control.

Usually he was the logical one, the softer and especially with Diana or 'Iris' but now...

Now he was outraged!

The thought of losing his mate again was driving him crazy dragging the beast out of him. Daniel knew him too well and that was the reason he was blocking him from the moment Landon had told him about Diana wanting to run away. Devon could become too harsh, more than Daniel and he didn't want that but now Devon seemed to have full control over the situation and Daniel was nowhere.

Diana's heart wasn't beating. She could think that this voice was from Daniel's wolf and she wished Destiny was there to take control. She had already faced Daniel herself and now it was Destiny's turn to face him.

She stayed frozen with her eyes closed unable to think and called her lots of times but with no success, Destiny was still too weak.

"You have to make it Diana... You are strong now! Make her proud, face him!" she told to herself and after she managed to breathe she opened her eyes to meet Daniel's fully black, hungry ones.

She exhaled heavily with a blank expression that annoyed Devon and led him to let out a very loud groan in frustration. Her behavior was hurting yet infuriating him, he wanted her acceptance.

"I am Devon mate!" he growled leaning closer to her with his eyes never leaving hers.

"I do not care!" she threw and placed her hands on his chest as good as she could to push him off of her but in vain.

Her body was strong but without Destiny she knew she couldn't do anything to a body like Daniel's.

"Daniel is not here Diana... Stop trying my patience." He whispered warningly and grabbed her from her arms.

"I DO NOT CARE! LET ME GO!" she told him in the same tone with her eyes throwing daggers on him.

"NE-VER!" he stated shortly.

"What game are you two playing? Let me go!" she screamed feeling her blood boiling.

"Game? The only one that plays a game is right in front of me..." he whispered through his teeth tightening his hold and hurting her.

"I won't say it again. LET ME GO!" she repeated with a wilder and darker expression.

"NO!" he stated.

"WHY DAMN IT? WHY?" she screamed trying once more to push him away.

"BECAUSE YOU ARE MINE!" he roared and instantly began shaking.

"I AM NOT! YOU AND HE REJECTED ME!" she continued.

"HE DID AND HE TOOK IT BACK! I NEVER DID IT!" he screamed pinning his forehead on hers with his eyes drown in her eyes that was shining scarily.

"I DON'T CARE! I ACCEPTED THE DAMN REJECTION, I AM NOT YOURS!" she shouted imposingly with every power she had but no affecting him.

"YOU ARE MINE... And I am going to prove it... Do you know why you are mine? Because I am already inside you." He whispered almost like a threat making her lose her mind not that much from his tone but from his last sentence.

He was already inside her...

His...

He was right, he...

"No..." she whispered weakly fighting with some tears that wanted to fall from her eyes.

"Yes! I am already inside you, my blood runs in your veins, in your heart... You can't run away from me anymore. The bond is here, you feel it every time we look or touch each other, you feel it now, you know it but you keep not denying it." He said again with his lips one inch away from hers and with their breaths getting mixed.

"This is not a proof." She said gaining her mind and turning on her right to avoid a possible kiss.

Devon didn't reply, he just smirked and leaned on her neck that was now exposed. With his right hand he lifted her without warning and pinned her again on the wall in a better way than before with her body trapped from his. She tried to protest but she failed with her entire body immobilized and before she could turn again her head he buried his left hand in her hair and grabbed it tightly in his palm preventing her from moving it as well.

Now she was in his mercy.

She could do nothing.

"This is the proof Diana..." he whispered huskily and slowly pressed his lips on the crock of her neck where his mark was supposed to be.

Diana gasped feeling like an extraordinary explosion was happening inside her and every cell in her body melted. Her mind got blank, her heart was full of every emotion she knew and didn't know until then and surrendered defeated.

She knew he was right but how could she admit it so easily?

What if he had been lying again?

Devon tightened his hold around her waist and hair feeling his mind fighting with his needs. Touching his mate for the first time was like heaven and hell at the same time. He wanted to make her his but it wasn't right, she would hate him later, he would lose the battle for good.

He stopped pressing his lips of her and opened them a bit with his tongue making her appearance and touching Diana's extremely to his touch sensitive skin. She left out a loud mix of moan and cry and Devon purred frustrated.

He began sucking her as gently as he could and felt her body relaxing on his, she had surrendered completely. He pulled her hair more forcing her to move her head even more and leave her neck totally exposed to him and his sucking turned stronger and faster.

Diana's body instantly began shaking and some more moans escaped her lips pleasing Devon that without realizing it got wilder and rougher with her. He accidentally touched her with his teeth without hurting her but it was enough to trigger her mind and make her gain her thoughts.

"ASSHOLE! YOU WANT TO MARK ME!" she roared and as he was relaxed she managed to catch him out of guard and slap him.

Devon got so surprised that freed her and she touched the ground breathless with her body already turning to unlock the door and run out of the room and away from him.

"YOU ARE GOING NOWHERE!" he roared slamming his hand on the door a second later before Diana manage to open the door and with his other free hand he forced her to turn and face him.

"LET ME GO NOW! I DON'T WANT YOU!" she screamed with mania.

"YOU DO! YOU ARE LYING!" he roared pulling her again on him.

"I HATE YOU AND HIM!" she roared back like a wild lioness.

"AND I LOVE YOU DAMN IT!" he screamed in desperation with...

His lips smashing on hers immediately, her surrendering for once more shocked, him losing his senses and his passion taking full control over the situation with a wild, full of desperation thirst for dominance kiss burning and killing them both...

****************************

Hello my friends!!!

And yes the 17th chapter is on and it is so crazy long!

Let me tell you that you can also go and find me in Dreame with the same name and photo.

And now back to our story as I really want to know your thoughts and opinions! How do feel about this chapter? How do you feel about Daniel (Devon) and Diana? What is going to happen next? Is she going to soften or not?

As always at this point I would like to thank you very much for your love, support, commends and impatience in order to read the chapters. The book has reached about 2.750 views, I am grateful. I am trying my best so continue showing me how much you want more and:

1) Vote,

2) Commend and tell me your opinions and thoughts, or

3) Share the story.

This is it for this week, see you again in the next chapter. Be safe and happy until next time!

I love you all,

                                       Marie...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

111K 2.7K 48
☆ 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐈𝐫𝐢𝐬 𝐓𝐨 𝐇𝐢𝐬 𝐄𝐲𝐞𝐬 ☆ Iris was just another girl. She was intelligent, caring, clever, and much more. She lived a normal and happy...
470K 23.3K 65
"Do you remember calling me 'mate?'" he asked softly, pushing her wild curls away from her face. She blushed deeply, but he wouldn't let her look awa...
5K 360 22
He knows his mate is dead. He never met her but he knows. No wolf wants to be without their mate but young Alpha Bane has lost his before he could ev...
2.8M 84K 35
Best ratings: #1 in #ya, #sexscenes and #mates, #4 in #romance - - - - - PLOT: LILA KING is somewhat notorious in her old wolfpack - as a child she l...