Why us? (Pokemon fanfic)

By shinymewgirl

Everyday for as long as she can remember Emma has forced herself to face everything alone. She wants to belie... More

1- A way back home
2- Stalling
3- Home sweet home
4- This should be good
5- Promise me
6- Good luck with that
7- Getting ready
8- Descoveries
9- Find a weak point
10- Nightmares become real
11- Break down
12- A new companion
13- I will stand my ground
14- such a joyful pain
15- unbalanced battle
16- when will it stop?
17- how much worse could things get?
18- a bad guy?
19- desperate reach for freedom
20- experimentation
21- not a second time
22- The Guardian Angel
23- rainy night camping
24- together at last
25- Fighting back
26- Not a peep
27- Nightmares come true
28- Be proud of me
29- Burning hatred
30- The key to Purity
31- Stalkers, stalkers everywhere
32- The balance of three
33- A series of unfortunate events
34- Family reunion
35- Extended family tree
36- The Legendary Plan
37- One down, two to go
38- An electrifying match up
39- Battle bonds
40- Battle with angels
41- Does anyone understand Shadow anymore?
42- It begins
43- Twisted memories
44- A new Dark Room
45- Whispers in the dark
46- A day off
47- Sweet dreams
48- Bad turns
49- The Testing Continues
50- Old habits
51- The testing ends
52- It will be okay
53- Escape
54- Almost home
55- Conciquences
56- Too much damage done
57- The Ultimate Wepon
58- Trust in me
59- Closing the rift
60- Comatose
Epilogue
Final thoughts on the 'Why?' series

Prologue

4.8K 156 167
By shinymewgirl

~So do you understand what you must do?~ The Alpha Pokemon asked me in he's superior voice.

I nodded my head. "I am now the 'Guardian angle' of the Voice of Purity and I must protect her and anyone she holds dear." A small smile danced on my lips.

The Alpha Pokemon nodded and smiled a little. ~You have caused us quite a bit if trouble in the past but I am willing to put that in the past provided you do your job correctly.~

Once again I nodded and bowed. "I thank you Arceus. When can I leave?"

~Currently the Voice of Purity is traveling home. You shale follow her. Whether you choose to revel yourself to her or not is your choice. But you must protect her as she will not be granted another chance if... She meets an unfortunate end. Do you understand?~

"I do." I smiled softly and left.

~*🌸*~
~Emma's pov~

~Mummy! Dreamer stole my poffins!~ Petunia squealed angrily, the Deerling glaring angrily at my Blitzel.

~Nuh-uh you ate them all!~ Dreamer snorted back back, stomping her hoof and poking her tung out at Petunia.

~I'M A WAFFLE!~ Trixie squealed bouncing up and down.

"Girls please stop fighting. Petunia, you ate your own poffins. Dreamer don't stick your tongue out and Trixie you're a Fennikin." I sighed siting up on my bed. I swear those three are driving me insane.

Not only that buy this time tomorrow I'd finally be home. The cruse ship I'd been staying in was traveling towards Johto after making its stop to Hoenn where Sora and Rafe had gotten off to see there friends there and tell them about our Unova adventure no doubt, Destiny had gotten off the Sinnoh stop after promising to meet up with us in Kalos since she had family to attend to. Red and Silver were traveling back home with me since Silver was over protective and didn't really have anywhere to go while Red loved my company.

The week long cruse had felt like it had taken forever but Destiny insisted we travel this way back in Unova so I could try and take some time off to relax. But I didn't really see the point in trying to relax on a boat, it had been less then a months since I had for filled the prophecy back in Unova and drowned in the process. I hadn't had a single good sleep in weeks. To much had happened and I was worried. To much had happened in to short a time and I was still trying to understand what was going on around me, what would happen next and what I would do about it.

~You feeling alright Em?~ Rioyaru's voice asked bringing me back to reality.

I simply shrugged, looking over at my three little ones who'd fallen asleep together. Typical.

"Guess so." I flopped back onto my bed staring at the white ceiling. "Though I am a bit nervous of going back, I haven't been able to contact Clair in over year. I'd be lucky to get off with a grounding."

Although I'd never get to the point of calling Clair my mother, I respected her as my guardian and unlike Silver, I somewhat obeyed her rules and consequences of my actions. Of course she was lenient with me, know what I had been through and knowing how I best dealt with different situations after raising me for around eight years of my life. I'd rarely been grounded which although I can leave the house because I simply cannot spend all day inside, she had to know where I was at every moment. It was a pain because I could go into the nearby forest unless taking care of my Pokémon to which I was accompanied by a Dragonite chaperone. It was an absolute pain to deal with but I'd always understood why I'd been punished and was never done so unfairly. Unlike with Silver, Clair made sure to listen to me completely and base actions on that where Silver was unwilling to let me out of his sight at any given time.

Rio let out a small chuckle, reminding me I was una conversation with the Acanine. ~So now you have both Clair and Silver being overprotective. They should just wrap you in bubble wrap and lock you a padded room.~

I threw a pillow at her and gave her a death glare. "Hell no! You know I hate enclosed spaces, and anyway, Silver's overprotective, Clair's just regular protective but that's meant to be her job."

Rio ducked making the pillow crash into the wall and landing on Faith who was sleeping in a chair.

~HEY!!! Trying to sleep here!~ She yelled in annoyance.

"Sorry Faith. Go back to the land of dreams and eternal happiness." I rolled my eyes.

~Don't mind if I do.~ She mumbled going back to sleep.

I rolled my eyes again. Typical Faith.

Not being able to think of anything else to do I grabbed my Pokébelt from the bedside table and walked to the training area of the cruise ship, Rio following at my heal. I locked the door to my room, leaving Faith asleep inside after telling her to keep an eye on the littlies.

Thankfully the training room was empty so I pulled Aura's Pokéball off my belt and released her from her spherical home.

~Training?~ She asked with an eager smile.

"Yup."

~Me or you?~

"Me derp, I need to learn to control this 'failsafe' thing better." Rolling my eyes again.

~I knew that.~ She smirked throwing me a blindfold.

I should explain a little shouldn't I? The failsafe thing was a way to assure that the powers of the Voice if Purity don't get out of control. It automatically deactivates once they pass their 'test', apparently I did at some point during the battle between N, Shadow and I. I didn't know which point it had happened, it was possible for it to have deactivated when I beat them or when I was brought back to life either time. Who know? As for the blindfold, I didn't mind the dark when I knew I could easily just remove the blindfold and it be light again. It was only when I was helpless against the dark that I feared it.

It was tricky to learn how to use it properly and I'd been practicing with Aura a lot since I apparently had really strong aura which is used to focus most my attacks. With Lucario being known as Aura Pokémon, training with Aura seemed to be the most logical option.

~Ready?~ Aura asked taking her place on the training field.

"Yup." I nodded and put the blindfold on relying on the aura around me see rather than my eyes.

~Alrighty then.~

I took a deep breath in, focusing all my aura on standing the living energy all around me, from every thing around me. Every movement, every change in air direction and every little sound, focusing on pulling it into a picture in my head.

I saw it all in my head. I felt the Aura Sphere Aura was charging, felt her shoot it, I swerved to the side to dodge just in time for in to crash behind me.

I held my hands out in front of me, focusing all my energy and power to one spot. A sphere formed in my own palms and enlargened to the size of a soccer ball.

I held onto it as I spun around gracefully in a 360 degree circle before I shot it back at Aura. It flew towards her at full speed and hit her in the chest making her fly back and hit the wall.

I removed the blindfold and smirked at her. "How'd I do?"

Aura winced and stood up. ~You're defiantly getting better.~ She wheezed. ~I officially quit as training dummy.~

I rubbed the back of my head. "Was it really that strong?"

Aura nodded. ~Almost as powerful as mine and I'm not just saying that.~ She said crossing her arms with a raised eyebrow. Typical.

I nodded. "Sweet." I smiled proudly.

"Since when do you say 'sweet'?"

I turned to see Silver leaning against a wall with his hands behind his head.
"How long have you been watching?"

"Long enough. Your Aura Spheres are getting good." He complimented.

"Did you just willingly complement me...? While I'm grounded." I raised an eyebrow.

Silver shrugged. "I didn't ground you."

"Might as well have." I mumbled under my breath.

"Heard that."

"Well damn you to." I said sarcastically rolling my eyes while throwing my hands in the air.

"You want me to ground you another week, cause I will." He said standing strait.

"But I didn't swear for no reason, hit anyone or destroy public property." I protested while counting off the things I'd done in the past few weeks.

"I can still ground you."

"And I still don't see who gave you the right to. I have a guardian you know." I say crossing my arms.

"Who you haven't spoken to in a year."

"That's not my fault."

"I never said it was."

"Might have well have."

"Anything that happened in Unova had nothing to do with me."

"You were there and I have been told you practically balled your eyes out when I died." I pointed out.

"Who said that?" Silver frowned.

"Everyone." I said with a smirk.

Silver was quiet, a small embarrassed blush showing on his cheeks. "I was't the only one." He defended.

"Yeah but you're the only one I will tease for it. Big tough Silvy wilvy crying."

"You're my sister..."

"Your point being?"

"You're not gonna back down are you?"

"Gee Sherlock, figure that out bye yourself?" I smirked.

"You're grounded for another week." He smirked.

"What!?"

~Lady's, lady's your both pretty. Can you shut up now?~ Aura said stepping between us.

She does realise she is only insulting Silver right?

"Whatever." Silver said shaking his head.

"I win this argument by the way." I said in triumph.

"Said who?"

~Here we go again.~ Rio mumbled from her corner.

I just shook my head with a smartass eye roll. "Let's just practice some thing else." I said turning to Aura.

~Close combat?~ Aura suggested.

"You can use do that?" Silver asked.

"Yup. Or so Purity says." I shrug.

"When did you speak with her?"

"Last night, in my dream."

My connection with Purity and other legendaries had become stronger. I could now come and go from the Legendary council as I please in my sleep but I didn't go much.

"And Night?"

"Yeah her to. Though since she spends all her time stalking me from the sky we didn't talk about much." I said simply shoving my hands into my pockets.

"She stalks you?"

"Basically. She claims she hasn't got anything better to do."

Things have been a bit awkward between Night and I. She doesn't really hold anything against me or anything but... yeah...

"Right... Well I'll leave you to your training. See you later."

"Bye." I waved.

Silver then left the training room as silently as he'd come. Typical.

I will never understand this brother sister relationship... Ever...

I shook my head and turned to Aura. "Wanna keep on training or should we finish for now."

~You kidding? We just got started.~ She said sounding pumped.

"Alright. Since I have Aura sphere down why don't we start on Close combat?"

~Sounds good... Let's start simple.~

"Just show me what I need to do." I rolled my eyes.

~*🌸*~
~??? Pov~

"Do you have sightings on the Voice of Purity yet?" I growled to my advisor.

"No-not yet ma'am, but there are rumours going around that she is heading here next, to to Kalos." He said nervously.

I chuckled a little. Who knew that one girl could evade me for so long. I stared at the most recent pitcher of her.

Long, light brown hair with sapphire blue eyes. Holding the Unova cup trophy in her hands for beating the Unova league. The girl was somewhat of a mystery. She appears and disappears in the blink of an eye.

"Well get a sighting in her fast. I think it's about time she have a little 'family reunion', after all it's been a whole decade since she last saw her mother. I think it's about time she met her." I let out a small chuckle.

"Y-yes ma'am." My advisor said leaving the room.

~*~*~*~*~🌸~*~*~*~*~
Word count: 2089

Yay 'Why us?' is out!!! What you think? I have a lot of plans that probably won't all make it into the book but we'll see how we do. Thank you all for your support throughout the series, all your votes and comments mean so much to me

Please vote and comment, you have no idea how much they inspire me to write. Bye for now guys.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

143K 7.3K 62
It's been a whole year since Emma left her friends and six months since she last spoke to any of them, the worst of it is that no one knows why. To t...
85.7K 2.6K 53
Subsequent to their journey through Kalos, another unexpected one begins. One that draws heartache from heartstrings themselves and passion from riot...
3.6K 63 41
A women plagued with heartache and mystery. She never asked for this to happen to her. She never imaged her life would turn out the way it did. Howev...
42K 1.5K 29
{Book 2 in the Vampire series} Emma is now gone but is she really gone forever? The last thing Emma remember was that she was dying, going away fore...