The Chapstick Girl

By HoneyJewelz

"Who is she?" Damien asks, pointing at the girl who's smile instantly stood out to him. He hasn't seen her be... More

Authors Note
Inspiration
Yearbook
A Helping Hand
Who Is She
Let's Make A Deal
Average Sized
She Never Left
Shoes
Internship
His Trust
Holding Back
In A Crab Shell
Eyes On Me
Little Baby Duckling
Ice Ice Baby
Sensei Liam
No Bueno
Athena
Boom, Boom, Whoosh, SMACK
We Are Friends
Are You Cold
Hope
Connecting The Dots
Lollipop
Uno
Greetings
Love Isn't A Crime
Liam
Snuggles
Fear
Uncomfortable Conversations
Lost Puppy
Amazing
Damien
Tension
Family Reunion
Baby Pictures
Priorities
Heart vs Brain
Once A Day
Confess
Zander
Payback
Silver Platter
Butterflies
Cool
Baby
What Is Your Problem
Bickering
SHHHHHHHHH
Celebrate
Hickey
I Tell Him
It's Gone
The Journal
Stalker
Glare
Last Chapter
Epilogue
Authors Note

Clowns

54.7K 3.1K 2.2K
By HoneyJewelz

Hi!!!!

I am so sorry it has been so long since my last update. I've been so busy these last few months and I knew I just had to take a break from writing to get settled into my new schedule before updating again.

But I'm back!!!

Better than ever!!!

Amber's pov:

"-... and then he looks at me, making direct eye contact, and throws this ginormous piece of pizza at my face!!! You know, fatty, guwy-..."

"Ew ew ew stop!!!" I screech, completely disgusted from Damien's ridiculous story about a food fight that happened at school last year.

Sadly, I missed that day of school because I got sick, so I was only able to hear the stories of others.

But by far, Damien's is probably the funniest.

"Now that I think about it, I think that was the biggest slice of pizza that I have ever seen! Was that even from the schools cafeteria?!" The seriousness in his voice brings me back to a fit of laughter as I imagine what that might have looked like.

After taking a minute to catch my breath, I wondered, "By the way, why did you ever get in trouble for that? It wasn't your fault..."

He shrugs his shoulders, taking a large sip from his McDonald's McFlurry, "I guess people just assume we cause trouble."

"I mean..."

"What is that supposed to mean? I'm an angel."

"Oh really?"

"Yes I am! Name one thing that happened to prove that wrong."

I take an over exaggerated deep breath, "I guess after the breaking into school at night prank, the egging at the teachers house prank, the putting green food dye in all the school food prank, the fake snake under the teachers desk prank, the-...."

Before I could continue, Damien covers my mouth with his hand as he lets out an embarrassed laugh.

"Okay, okay! You're right. Maybe there is a chance that we've done... all of that... B-But still!!!" He whines as he lets go of his hand over my mouth and sits back in his seat crossing his arms like a child.

"Cute..." I mutter under my breath, but instantly my eyes widen as he shoots me a confused look.

Why did I say that out loud!!!

"What did you say?" He asks, as I start to suddenly look around at our surrounds, McDonald's, hoping my blush wasn't too noticeable to expose my current embarrassed situation. 

"Uh... just thought of something off the top of my head, didn't mean to say it out loud."

"What were you thinking about?" He suddenly seems interested, as he places his head into the palm of his hand as he looks up at me with sparkling eyes.

Freakin beautiful eyes.

...

Hey, atleast I didn't say that out loud!!

Go me!!

"Uh... you know..." I quickly scan around the area again, saying the first thing that comes to my head.

"Clown."

".....Clown?"

I'm...

No I actually have no words for that.

It honestly should be expected by now.

"No-.... I MEAN yes! Clowns! Like why does McDonald's have to be based upon a clown? Isn't that just... you know... weird...?"

I...

Am going to smack my head against the table.

And the wall.

Maybe even pour some water on the ground and purposely cause myself to slip just so I can forget what just decided to come out of my mouth.

What is wrong with me?

Answer...

Everything.

Literally Everything.

"I mean... I guess it's weird... I never really thought of that though." He seems unsure of what he was saying, and I didn't blame him.

No wait... I did.

Curse his cute genetics to make me say cute out loud because I couldn't hold it in.

"-...Actually, that reminds me of something." His words confuse me as he looks up like he was thinking back on something.

Is he talking about the whole clown thing?

He continues, "I used to be terrified of clowns when I was younger, to the point where even mentioning the word 'clown' freaked me."

"Really? That scared?" I ask, interested in his sudden confession of his past fear.

Clowns are something that kids typically tend to fear, but Damien's fear sounded like it went to a whole another level.

"Yeah, but there is a whole story behind that." He tries to dismiss the story, but I quickly stop him from finishing.

"Please, continue! I'm curious now." I beg, but he only scratches the back of his neck looking uncomfortable.

"But... it's embarrassing." He looks down at the table.

I couldn't help but laugh to myself.

If he heard some of my embarrassing childhood memories, he would probably be amazed of how far embarrassing could get.

...

It's pretty bad.

"Please, please, please?" I give him puppy dogs eyes as he looks back up at me.

His eyes held composure until he notices my puppy eyes, immediately softening them as he sighs.

"Fine... but only because I couldn't resist your puppy eyes." He gives me a soft smile, to which I return as he takes a deep breath.

"Promise you won't tell anyone?"

I stick out my pinky, "pinky promise."

"It all started when my parents took me to the circus for the first time, I remember being so excited. Even though I'd only heard stories of the circus at the time, it just made me even more anxious to see what it was all about..." he draws out.

I nod my head at him to continue as he takes another deep breath, "The day arrived and for the first part of it, I loved it. The elephants, the tight rope people, and even the super tall guy, I was amazed. But that was before it happened."

"It?"

"It was about half way through and I just remember having to go to the bathroom very badly. I looked over at my parents to ask one of them to take me, but they were both laughing and smiling from the circus. Me being my small self felt guilty for making them miss it... so I went by myself."

"Oh no..."

"Oh no indeed. Not even after a full minute of trying to find it, I was terribly lost. Before I knew it I was walking down a strange, dark corridor. I don't know why I just didn't turn around and go back, I guess I was just curious at the time to see what laid beforehand... but I wish I didn't."

I didn't say anything, as he continued with his story.

Not gonna lie, his story is starting to get a little scary.

It's just the basics of all horror films! Going down a strange, dark corridor never ends well.

"I suddenly ended up at a dark room, nothing but boxes upon boxes. Realizing my mistake, I went to turn around to walk back, but suddenly, a quiet, but noticeable sound of shuffling made its way from somewhere around the room.

But without reacting, I just stood there, glancing around my surroundings.

Nothing was there.

So I took another step away from the boxes, and then footsteps, the noice seeming a little louder than the shuffling."

His words start to bring me chills as I lean back in my seat a little.

Now I really don't like where this story is going.

I mean, when he said that there was a story behind it, I didn't think it would be anything like how this one is playing out.

"Me being a clueless little boy and acting like any other character in a horror film, I walk towards the noise... A few boxes that were stacked a little higher than the rest of the boxes in the room.

I stood there, waiting for the sound to happen again, but it didn't. So taking it into my own hands, I peaked around the boxes.

Nothing was there."

"Oh thank god."

"Until..."

"Why does that word suddenly seem scary?"

"There was a loud SMASH!!!!"

"NO!!!"

"A now, broken box with all of its items spilled laid only a few feet away from where I was standing. Slowly, I crept towards it, and behind where that box laid was a single string of red hair.

I went to pick it up, to take a closer look, but then, out of nowhere, I was GRABBED by a hand!!!"

His voice became louder towards the end causing me to jump up slightly in my seat.

"There it was, a clown. All it did was stare at me... until it gave me the creepiest smile I have probably ever seen!

I screamed.

I screamed like my life depended on it, which at the time, it felt like it did.

I sprinted out of there, lucky for me, my parents were already looking around for me so we happened to meet. They were mad at me for running off but I didn't care, the encounter haunted me.

Haunted me for years."

He finishes his story, leaning back in his seat as he takes a large sip from his McFlurry.

"Wow." Is all I am able to manage to say.

"Not what you expected?" He gives me a small smirk as I shake my head.

"If I went through that, I wouldn't be just scarred for years, I would be scarred for life." I say with widened eyes as he laughs at my words while shaking his head.

"But now that I think back on it, he was probably a harmless dude that was just trying to be friendly, but I think he forgot he had clown makeup on because that's what made his smile look so creepy." Damien takes another sip from his McFlurry, finishing it as he sets the empty cup back on the table.

"So you aren't scared of clowns anymore, not at all?" I ask as he shakes his head.

"Nope, I'm not a kid anymore, I think I've outgrown that stage of my life."

"Really..." I draw out as he looks at me, confused, not noticing the evil glint in my eyes.

"Huh...."

"So you are saying you are not a kid anymore."

"Nope."

"Not even a little..." I look at him, squinting my eyes slightly, looking like I was judging him.

"I'm not!!!"

"Sure..."

"I am sure! I think I can even be considered a man." He smirks.

"But don't you have to, you know, be manly... to be a man?" I try to hide a wicked grin as his face drops.

He sits up in his seat slightly, continuing to make intense eye contact with me from across the small table.

"I am very manly, I do manly things."

"Mhhhm."

"What do you mean by 'Mhmmm'?"

"Well...." I try to hide my laugh as he leans his body closer to mine.

"Well...?"

"I mean... manly?"

"Excuse you, name one instance where I acted childishly."

"You just ordered a happy meal."

"That's completely normal!"

"And you just complained for five minutes how they gave you the wrong toy." I smirk at him as he shoots me a playful glare, but I couldn't ignore the gleamer in his eyes.

"I. Wanted. The. Red. Power. Ranger."

"And..."

"THEY GAVE ME THE GREEN ONE!!!! What's the point of having a power ranger toy if it's not the one that's the strongest and most powerful??!"

"I guess they just didn't realize a seventeen year, high school boy was so desperate to get his specific power ranger."

"Well now they do!!" He throws his hands up in the air, not being able to hold it in anymore, I erupt into a fit of laughter.

A cute pout laid upon his face as he tries to seem upset by my sudden outburst. But I could see how he tried not to crack a smile as I continued to laugh.

It took a few seconds this time for me to calm, to which he took the opportunity to change the topic.

"By the way..." He pauses for a second before he continues, "Even though it hasn't been that long since we helped out at the children's hospital together, my sister has been asking about you, you know, when you would come visit again."

"Really?"

"Yeah, she really likes you, but I seriously don't know why though..." he teases as I lightly punch his shoulder.

"No wonder why your sister is my favorite out of the two of you." I stick my tongue out at him as he does so in return.

...

"Okay I think we both might actually be kids."

"I agree." He chuckles as he stands up with his trash, as do I as we head towards the trash can.

"Where would you like to go next?" Damien asks as he turns towards me, I glance up at the clock that was above the soda machine and sigh.

"I think it's starting to get late, and I told my Dad I wouldn't be out too late." I mutter.

Although I would die to hangout with Damien for just a few more hours, I know that my Dad gets worried when I'm not home by dark, even if he does know where I am.

I guess it's just a Dad thing.

Damien follows my eyes to the clock, "Oh you're right," he looks back at me, "Sorry if this didn't make up for everything I-..."

I interrupt him, "Damien, you didn't have to make up anything to me in the first place, plus, I enjoyed spending this time with you, even if it was only for a few hours."

He smiles, "you're right, and we also got to learn a lot about each other."

I follow him out the door, curious, "What did you learn about me?"

"Well..." he smirks, "you aren't the best skater-..."

"Hey!!!"

"-.... but you are a really sweet and kind hearted person, even though I already knew that before today."

Heat starts to form in my cheeks as I turn my head away from his to try and hide my blush.

"T-thanks." I rush towards the passenger side of his door and sit down.

He takes takes a seat in the drivers seat and starts the car, "So..."

"So...?"

"What did you learn about me?"

His words make me flustered as I look ahead at the road, "Well, you are very generous, even though I still feel bad that you kept paying for me-..."

"I owe it to you!!!"

"Still, you didn't have to."

"But-..." he tries to say but I interrupt him.

"But-... I also learned that through your shy appearance that you are actually really funny."

"Really?" He looks over at me, his eyes shined with happiness at my words.

"Really! You shouldn't be afraid to be more outspoken. I think you've made me laugh more in the past hour than in my life."

He seemed so surprised but happy by my words.

I couldn't understand why though.

"Thank you."

"For what?"

He shrugs his shoulders, "By saying that, I never considered myself funny"

"Why not?"

Again, he shrugs his shoulders, "I've always just been the shy one, the soft spoken one, I guess it's nice to hear something different for a change."

I didn't know what to say, so I just nod my head at his words.

There was a small silence as we sat in thought, until one last thing came to mind.

"Oh and I almost forgot." A sly smirk appears on my face.

"Forgot what?"

"I learned one more thing about you."

"Which is...?"

"Your hidden obsession with the power rangers."

...

"I'm NOT obsessed!!!"

Hey guys!!!!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Again, I am so sorry it's been this long, I feel so bad but I will try to make it up.

If you have to or had to look back at last chapters to figure out what the frick was going on...

Sorry...

But I will work hard to try and get back on track of posting chapters.

Love you!!!

~juls

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

798K 26K 43
Everything was tasteless..bland. People in this universe never tasted anything until they found their soulmates. The number of days until they get to...
10.8M 609K 43
*Completed* "I just want to know why." I say as I turn over, trying to find his figure through the dark of my room. "Why what?" He asks. "Why you'...
752 57 30
Scarlet just wants to be left alone and finish high school as she moved away from her home. People at her old school saw her as odd and she only had...
263K 10.5K 29
Started 16.4.17 Finished 7.6.17 HIGHEST RANK IS #10 IN TEEN FICTION :) Current cover is by @Aisling_Page "Hey," an unfamiliar voice said behind me, I...