Legend of Zelda x Reader Ones...

By Wolfie_is_ROOD

This will include mostly Breath of the wild characters, but I do accept requests for any legend of Zelda char... More

Revali x Reader - Cold Arrogance
Revali x Reader - Insulted (EDITED)
Revali x Reader - Untie Me
Revali x Reader - Two Left Feet
Revali x Reader - Crazy
Revali x Reader - Bad Timing
Sidon x Reader - Unspeakable Fate
Ghirahim x Reader - Hide and Seek
Dark Link x Reader - Hat-Tastrophe
Revali x Reader - Heart Attack
Sidon x Reader - Traditions
Revali x Reader - Unfamiliar
Sidon x Reader - Freefall
Zelda x Child!Reader - Stay the Night
Revali x Reader - World's Apart
Revali x Reader - Worlds Apart 2
Revali x Reader - Worlds Apart 3 (FINALE)
Revali x Drunk!Reader - Just no!
Teba x Reader - Thaw the Snow with Pure Rage
Vaati x Reader - Whoops
Vaati x Goddess!Reader - Divine Intervention
Vaati x Goddess!Reader PT2 - Understanding You
Vaati x Goddess!Reader PT 3 - Fallen Angel
A/N - IT'S A DRAWING
Ghirahim x Reader - Bandages
Sidon x Reader - Awkward and Very Stupid
Urbosa x Fem!Reader - Sunsets and Sunshines
Modern!Summertime Special Oneshot
Sidon x Drunk!Reader - Royal Afterparty
Young!Muzu x Reader - Past, present, and future
Young!Muzu x Reader PT 2 -
Young!Muzu x Reader Part 3 - Engaging in Confrontation
Fierce Deity!Link x Reader - What Happens in Termina Stays in Termina
MM!Link x Reader PT2 - A Zora Hero
Ghirahim x Reader - Clutz
Vaati x Reader - Failure is not an Option
Sidon x Reader - One-sided tickle fight
Kass x Reader - Accompanimy
Volga x Reader - Unlikely Knight
Volga x Reader Part 2 - Begin Again
Volga x Reader Part 3 - Cries of a Pheonix
A/N - BOOOOOIIIIIIIII
An Update
Another fucking update lol
Ravio x Reader - Almost Never Afraid
Ghirahim x Sick!Reader - Told Ya So
Vaati x Reader - Happy

SS!Link x Reader - Growing Wings

4K 90 38
By Wolfie_is_ROOD

Hhhhhh most notes are at the end. This was requested a while back by  x-b1tch1n-x lol thanks for being so patient and I fucking adore that tag lmaoo

(Word count: 2791)

~~

Watching the rising sun from the deck just behind the Goddess Statue was your favorite part of being alive. The sky lit up with various different hues of orange, pink, and purple. The morning air was crisp and cool; bringing goosebumps to your skin. It was just the thing you needed to wake up and start your day before classes began.

"If I jumped, would you save me...? Or would you just let me die...?"

However, waiting until the crack of dawn to go through with your master plan wasn't your smartest idea. The night patrols were switching out with the day shift at the moment. Nobody was on alert right now. So basically, if your half-assed plan failed, it was very likely that you'd die before anyone had the chance to save you.

Glancing down at the cloud barrier far below, you cringed at the overwhelming drop. No, it would NOT be fun jumping straight into what you could only assume to be the void. However, you were running out of options and getting desperate for results. You cooked homemade nutritious loftwing feed, studied extensively on different bird calls, and even danced and prayed in the fucking rain. Nothing ever seemed to work.

So, you spread your arms like they were wings and let gravity pull you off the wooden landing.

The wind was loud in your ears and your hair whipped viciously in your face, but it somehow soothed you as you plummeted under the floating city. You swiftly brought your fingers to your lips and blew air through them as hard as you could. The sound pierced through the strong wind, and you waited patiently for something to happen. However, after a good thirty seconds of free-falling, you knew your loftwing would not be making an appearance just like it never did.

"Well, shit..."

Watching as the floating island got smaller in the distance, your mind began to wander. Maybe you should've written a note or said your goodbye's before doing something as stupid as jumping to certain death. It was a shame, too. You were such an optimist, and you were hoping today was the day you'd meet your loftwing. Sadly, your dreams were crushed once again. Only this time, you wouldn't be alive long enough to mope about it.

Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse, you heard the beautiful call of a whistle and saw a blur of red feathers. The loftwing circled around you and caught you on its back. Then, it turned to swiftly catch its blonde master who was still in free fall.

Suddenly, you wished you DID fall to your death instead.

You were well aware of Link's overprotective tendencies, so you were in for an earful this fine morning. "(Name), I'm compelled to ask what the hell is wrong with you!?" He yelled as soon as he landed behind you.

You laughed nervously while scratching the back of your neck. "Well, I know there's an explanation somewhere, but for the life of me, I just can't find it." You shrugged lightly, trying to lighten the mood.

Link shook his head and gently guided his loftwing toward the village. Somehow, you could tell he was anything but done with you. "Come on, (Name). You're so smart, so why would you do something so stupid?"

"Would you believe me if I said it was because I have faith?"

Link tried his best to stay mad at you, but your witty comments seemed to break his rage. "No, you're just crazy!" He chuckled.

"Possibly!!" You replied happily. You figured that would be the end of it. Your days would continue as normal. You'd grab some quick breakfast and go to class together and everything would be normal. You'd go back to your usual goofy antics and plotting your next loftwing idea.

Of course, your blonde friend had other plans for you. His loftwing circled around the Goddess Statue before landing on the stone platform. "Um, what are we doing up here?" You asked warily.

"I think we should talk about what's going on." Link said quietly, sitting on the edge. He patted the stone beside him, gesturing for you to sit by him.

"Oh, we don't need to do that. You're sure as hell not my therapist, but thanks for trying." You replied with a hint of amusement. But one glance at Link's crystal eyes said it all, though. 'Sit down', they said. 'Let me be your friend.'

With a huff, you dragged your feet over to where he sat before plopping beside him. You prayed to the Goddess he'd just fuck off and stay quiet. Maybe you could still enjoy the sunrise if he didn't continue.

"There's nothing to talk about-."

"Nothing to talk about?!" Link yelled suddenly. His anger flared up, but you knew it was just because he was worried about you. "What you did was CRAZY! You could've DIED!"

Biting your lip, you glanced down at your dangling feet. "I know..." You muttered, rubbing away the first tear. "But what's the point of being one of the best in our class if I can't ever actually become a knight? I don't have a loftwing, so I'll never actually graduate... Whatever, it's fine. I don't care." You turned to Link and smiled, but it never reached your eyes.

Link stared at you with concerned, crystal blue eyes. "(Name), you don't have to pretend everything's okay. You can be mad, yknow? Let loose, tell me what's on your mind."

What's on your mind? No, you couldn't do that. Despite him saying it was okay to get angry about your problems and vent to him, you held back. Link didn't deserve to take the brunt of your rage. So, you only looked straight ahead, off into the distance.

"I don't want to be mad about it anymore." You lied. "I've been pissed ever since I was 13. It's just that I'm sick of being the only person my age without a loftwing! It's so damn frustrating! I can't go anywhere without hitching a ride with someone, and I am SO-!" A soft hand draped itself over one of your own, and you finally noticed you were clenching your fists until your knuckles turned white. Despite your best efforts, you couldn't stop the anger from leaking through. "... so done with it..." You finished quietly.

Without warning, the dirty blonde let go of your hand only to wrap his arm around your shoulders. He pulled you into his chest, and the coolness of his skin put out the flames of your fury.

"You have every right to be upset."

And with those words, Link had opened the floodgates. He held you close while you cried tears of agony into his shirt. The blonde said nothing as you cried, only running his fingers through your hair occasionally. His comforting tactics began to soothe you, and your tears slowly began to dry. Once your sobs were quiet, the two of you watched the sunrise above the horizon.

~~

The day went by as normal as it could be. Link stuck to you like glue the entire school day, though. It was like he thought you'd jump off the nearest deck as soon as he looked away. Groose gave Link shit like usual, and he gave YOU a casual thumbs-up like Link wasn't even there... Like usual. Zelda picked up on your less-than-enthusiastic mood and took it upon herself to make you smile at every turn. And it worked; by the end of the day, you were back to your giggly self.

Once the bell rang and classes were over, you and Link decided to end your day in the same place you started it.

Together, you walked around the Goddess Statue, calmly passing under its long shadow. "So, if I leave you by yourself..." Link started cautiously. "Are you gonna almost die again?"

You giggled and jumped in front of him, sticking your tongue out at him. "You can't stop me! I'm uncontrollable!"

"Yeah, that's the problem..."

You rolled your eyes and went back to walking beside him. "Oh relax. I've learned my lesson. No more putting my life in danger for my nonexistent loftwing." You even crossed your heart to emphasize your sincerity.

"I don't trust that, but I don't have a choice. Dinner is starting soon." Link said, slowing his feet to a stop. He went to leave but suddenly turned back to you with a shining grin. "You're welcome to join me if you want."

You giggled and pushed him playfully. "Are you coming onto me?" You asked jokingly. "Because I won't say NO, but I don't know if I should say yes." Link rolled his eyes and pulled you into a warm embrace. "Thanks for today, I really appreciate you watching out for me." You said sweetly.

"Well, someone has to." He teased. "Don't do something dumb while I'm gone, please." And then, completely out of left field, Link bowed his head down and brushed his lips against your forehead.

"I-!" You quickly pulled away and stared at Link in awe. He was giving you a warm smile with a light blush adorning his cheeks. Meanwhile, your face was completely on fire. You felt like a fish out of water, but you somehow pulled yourself together just long enough for one sentence. "I-I'll try to try." You joked with a little smile of your own.

As soon as Link was gone, you sat in front of the statue in complete shock. What just happened? Was that him trying to make a pass, or was he just being friendly? Was he just trying to make you feel better? Are you reading too far into this?

The sun had long since set by the time your mind calmed down. Now, you sat under the Goddess Statue that was bathed in the moonlight. It was quiet except for the soft wind blowing through the trees nearby.

You suddenly yawned and stretched your arms, realizing it's time to go back to your dorm room. So, you pulled yourself up to your feet and took your first few steps back to town. But then you stopped, clenching your fists. With a turn on your heel, you glared up at the stone statue.

"Hylia..." You began with gritted teeth. "I don't know what I've down to deserve any of this, but if you honestly think I'm going to sit here like a loyal dog and beg for your forgiveness, then you'd better re-evaluate, Lady. Go to hell." Once you had finished your heated rant, you took a deep breath and walked away.

A gust of wind forced you to stumble forward, nearly making you fall on your face. Then you turned your head to see what happened. A gasp briefly escaped your lips and you nearly collapsed at the sight before you.

Ruffling its feathers in an annoyed manner, an ivory-colored loftwing stared at you with piercing golden eyes. It tilted its head in curiosity, and its eyes hypnotically beckoned you. Your already quiet surroundings went completely still. It was like the entire world was completely frozen. Only you and your bird remained.

You took a hesitant step forward.

Some people believe a loftwing is the spirit of one's ancestor. They were reborn as a bird to guide their descendants down the right path.

Another step, and now you were stretching your hand out towards it.

Others say they represent one's other half of themselves. And once the two meet, together they become whole.

Your hand was now lightly brushing against the side of its face. The bird, in turn, rubbed its cheek into your palm sweetly. Looking into those shining yellow eyes, it felt like the world was clear. The fog had lifted and you could see everything in a new light.

Happily, you wrapped your arms around its neck in reckless abandon. It was warm... Not just the bird, but your entire body was tingling all over. It was like butterflies fluttering in your stomach. Everything was almost perfect...

Almost.

You hastily pulled away from your loftwing. "H-Holy crap!" You exclaimed. "I have to get Link!"

You broke out into a sprint, leaving the silvery-white bird in its confusion. Dashing into the dorm hallway, you slammed your fist into the wooden door with Link's name on it.

"Link!" You whisper-yelled banging on his door. "Link! Wake the hell up! Come on! Wake up, wake up, wake uuup!"

The door swung open to reveal an angry blonde with a dark look on his face. "What is SO important that you need to wake me up before 10 am?" He muttered, rubbing his eyes.

Link's expression didn't deter you, however. With a large grin, you grabbed his wrist and pulled him along. "Come on, slowpoke! I need to show you something crazy!"

"Right, and this couldn't wait till morning!?" He yelled back.

"Nope!"

You put up a giddy front, but some part of you was doubtful. 'Please, please be there.' You begged silently as you dragged Link to the statue. 'Don't leave, Loftwing. Wait for me.'

Unfortunately, the garden was completely empty. No white-feathered bird in sight.

You stared at the ground, dejected. Link lightly grabbed your shoulder. "What's wrong? What is it you wanted to show me?" He asked quietly.

"I..." You started slowly. You were going to tell him at first but eventually decided against it. It could wait until morning. "Nevermind, it's not important. Sorry for waking-."

Without any sort of warning, you were pulled off your feet and flung into the air. Instead of landing painfully on the ground, however, you were comfortably sat on the back of a white loftwing. Link stood in front of you both with wide eyes.

"Uh... tada!" You said with a big smile. "Look who I found!"

At this point, any of Link's tiredness was long gone. "(Name), that's incredible!"

"I know!" You responded just as happily.

"Have you gone on a test ride yet?" Link wondered curiously.

You shook your head. "No, I wanted to wait for you... Hey, let's do that right now!"

"Right now?" He repeated. "But we'll get caught. We should wait until morning so we don't get in trouble."

"Oh, come on! Don't be such a wuss!" You gently kicked the side of your bird, nudging him to go forward. "Let's go, buddy!" Your loftwing nodded and sped forward, taking to the sky. "Woo!"

For the first time in your entire life, you would enjoy the rush of flying by yourself. It was exhilarating, to say the least. There was no one to tell you it was time to get off. You were only dependent on your beautiful bird. It was just you and your other half in the open night sky.

A loud whistle echoed through the air, and you turned to see Link latching onto his crimson loftwing and following after you. Once he finally caught up, he gave you a bright smile. "So, is it everything you ever hoped for?"

"Are you kidding? This is the first time I can be independent! I feel like I might go crazy from the excitement!" I screamed happily.

We flew together for a couple more hours, just gliding in silence. Then, I bit my lip nervously. "Um, Link?"

"Yeah, what's up?"

Your mouth opened to speak, but no words came out. But why? There was so much to say! You wanted to tell him how happy you were! Dare him to race you around Skyloft till the sun came up! Tell him how much his kiss earlier affected you!

You wanted to tell him how much you cared about him...

Link was staring at you questioningly; wondering why you hadn't said anything. You still stayed silent. Meanwhile, your knowing loftwing flung you into the air and flew off; leaving the responsibility of catching you to Link.

He and his lofting moved swiftly to save you, and you landed safely in Link's arms. "Are you alright?" Was the first thing he said; completely disregarding how close your faces were.

You, however, were all too aware of your position, and your face lit up like a bonfire. "I-I um... Link, I really like you?" You said quietly, but it came out more like a question.

"I know."

You blinked twice. "You... You what?"

"I said I know," Link repeated, his childish grin growing bigger. Before you could respond, the crystal-eyed boy leaned forward and pressed his lips against yours.

If meeting your loftwing was a warm, tingly feeling, then kissing Link was like a burning flame. It started out small, but you helped fan the fire of passion. Your love only grew the longer you embraced.

Love. You love Link.

Well, it wasn't really a surprise. But, that final realization nearly made you pass out... Well, that, or a lack of oxygen...

You reluctantly willed yourself to pull away; gasping for as much breath as you could. You vaguely noticed Link was doing the same.

"I'll be honest," He began. "I was kind of wondering when you'd kiss me like that."

You smiled sweetly at him. "Well, I'm sorry to keep you waiting."

Then you leaned in once more.

~~

Okay so, I know I said I was coming back, and I was fully planning to. But uh. I got. Uh. WELL DEPRESSION TOLD ME NOT TO, SO I BLAME HER. SHE A THOT. 

Okay anyway, I'll TRY to be back but ummmmm just don't expect anything on a schedule. It comes out when it comes out lol

ALSO right after this goes up, I'm posted a fully edited version of the chapter Insulted. It was an old Revali oneshot that was honestly pretty awful. But a bit has been added, and I think it's definitely worth another read! So check that out in a bit!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2K 105 15
(Y/N), a Zonai and the descendant of the leader of the Zon'Hirith Town, has been chosen as the 5th Champion. This means they'll also be in charge of...
19.6K 563 25
For all of you Medusa fans out there, here's a book of oneshots for one of Fate's best girls. Unfortunately, there are no requests unless certain cir...
156K 6.5K 24
Write your own fate in the stars, I will be here to pick you up should you fall while finishing your story, and if al...
44.4K 717 21
one shots with bleach characters. will be taking requests, angst, fluff,x OC's and whatever you requests. disclaimer bleach does not belong to me. O...