His Rejected 'Queen'.

By Marie_Curia

Iris Black is a strong, smart, logical, sweet 21 years old girl with new life and name. Her real name is Dian... More

Author's Note!
Introduction.
Queen Made From Courage.
Still Exists...
"Welcome" To The Palace...
In Confusion...
All About 'Her'...
Dreams VS Reality...
In Tension For Her...
Desperation For 'Two'...
A Queen Never Bows...
Too "Close"...
She Is Diana...
In 'Pain'...
Tension...
Truths & Regrettings...
"Already 'Inside' You..."
"You Are Mine...", Part I.
"You Are Mine...", Part II.
Triggering The Beast...
"One Last Chance..."
Contract, Jealously, Challenge.
'Her Royal Highness'.
"I Belong To You!"
Trust, Closeness, Nightmares.
"You Are My Queen!"
Insecurities, Passion, Rogues.
Worries, Feelings And Roses.
Earned It!
"Good Team!"
The Woman That Stole His Heart!
"With Me!"
"Important To Me!"
Reveals And Memories!
Together!
Tree Of Life!
Allies And Enemies!
There Is Love!
Enemies And Guardians.
Royal Birthday...
Queen's Battle!
The True King!
"With You!"
"I Love You!"
Family Conflicts...
Real Family's Love!
"Till Death!"
Strong Man!
"He Is My Home!"
"We Are One!"
Love And Sudden Problems.
Overshadowed Happiness...
To Northern Alaska!
Tensions And Instincts.
Stormy...
Reveals, Realizations And Shocks.
Her Truth.
One Breath Away.
Author's Note: Sharing Few Things.
Howls And Gunshot.
It's Now Or... Never!
Facing Death.
What Everyone Deserves...
Back To 'Life'!
Moving On With... Reveals.
The Two Extremes.
No More Secrets!

Anything For Her...

7K 171 29
By Marie_Curia

"He is truly in love with her, she is his whole life and for this he is willing to do anything for her even if her demons are not allowing her to believe him."

~next day, Diana's room~

Diana's pov

I open my eyes and look at the quite cloudy sky from the big window. All these days it was raining constantly but fortunately today the weather is better and I am glad about it as I really need to have a walk at the garden. One more day in here and I will lose my mind!

I am a mess, physically and mentally, not to mention psychologically...

I still can't believe what happened last day, it is like a dream and I do not know if I can call it nightmare or...

Fuck!

He took back his rejection, he seemed like he cared, like he was in pain and I am so fucking confused!

I do not know how to feel, how to react, how to behave, I am lost since he left. I can't believe what he did, how hurt he seemed to be, how much he regretted it if he really did of course.

He stormed outside my room almost immediately after he took back his rejection and I didn't have time to react not that I could as I was sitting like a statue staring at him shocked. It was like someone or something was chasing him, he had a painful expression and I felt like he was scared of something.

I was lucky Ellie got inside my room some seconds after Daniel left and helped me go and take a bath because I quickly felt disgust for myself and him and I wanted to get rid of his scent.

I felt the bond getting stronger again, I felt like I had never accepted his rejection and met Grayson, like Daniel was always my only mate, like nothing had happened between us and this made me feel cheap. I felt like I am forgetting Gray and what he did for me when Daniel just 'killed' me and I am ashamed! I do not want to seem ungrateful, I love Gray with all my heart and I am mad at my body that 'reacted' to Daniel's touch, actions and words.

I do not want Daniel in my life, I never did after he rejected me and especially after I met Gray and I saw what real love means. I cannot believe him, I mustn't, he is just pretending now that they all know who I am, he is doing it for his Kingdom and his conscience. He wants to feel okay with himself and not so guilty, that's all!

I spent about an hour crying curled in the tab under the warm water with my eyes closed. I was in so much pain that I lost the time's sense. I just wanted to stay alone, cry and let all the pain out, my head was killing me, my heart was beating too fast and Destiny was again nowhere to be found.

I am glad that she didn't leave me alone to deal with Mason and Mila and saved me in time but after this she disappeared again. It took her too much strength to overpass her weakness and stand by my side as always and now she is recovering leaving me alone.

And shit I need her so damn much!

I want her to know what Daniel did, I need her opinion, her support, her logical way of thinking, her judgment because I know that I am not in condition to decide what to do on my own.

At least I didn't stay alone after Daniel left me, I had Ellie with me for hours last morning to help me take my bath, get myself dried, brush my hair, help me get dressed and come back to bed because I could bearably walk and then I had all my friends except from Hunt and also my brother (that hasn't left my side till now).

I am sure you are wondering if I told my friends and brother my story and I understand you so let me answer your question.

Yes! I did!

I was too broken to explain them everything but fortunately I did it! They deserved to know and Aiden already knew about Daniel and me so it was about time to tell them my whole story. Landon helped me a lot, I wanted him with me and Jeremy with Elias came to learn as well. They are friends of mine anyway so I think they had to know everything from me personally.

They all reacted quite calm because of my condition, they didn't want to overwhelm me more and I told them about Grayson as well. I made them promise me that Daniel won't know about him and they all agreed and respected my wish. I am sure they won't tell him, I feel safe with my secret but...

I do not feel safe when it comes to Daniel and 'our' thing.

They know about what he did. They were all shocked and Ellie was screaming hysterically for minutes! Do you believe it? She was not angry, I assure you, she was excited! She had been insulting Daniel for two days in the raw and two seconds were enough for her to change her mind and begin liking him again!

This woman is super crazy!

She melted when I told them that he took back his rejection, she believes that he is not acting, he loves me and he wants me back in his life again.

Damn my life!

Anyway... I don't want to think of it anymore, I have already enough and I am quite dizzy as last night I didn't sleep at all. I had nightmares, well to be honest I had basically one!

My 'parents' and what they did to me that day in the forest.

I guess that now that I saw them again I remembered everything more intense than other times and this triggered my bad dreams more. Okay, I know I already had nightmares while I was here but yesterday it was way worse. I was closing my eyes and every time I was jumping up some seconds later scared or better panicked, I was about to sleep every single time but my past was changing my plans all the time and fortunately for me I had my savior on my side...

Aiden!

Yes, my brother never left me, he stayed here with me, he tried to calm me down and help me sleep but in the end he realized that it was pointless to keep on trying and we passed the whole night hugged talking and laughing. He tried to cheer me up even if I was not so willing to have fun, I can't!

"Hey! Miss Dreamy Lady!" he says and tickles me playfully.

I turn and look at him confused, he is smiling but his bright smile freezes when he meets my gaze.

"I guess you have been thinking again, haven't you?" he asks me with a forced, awkward smile and I nod.

"And I guess that you have been talking to me all this time!" I murmur apologetically and he laughs.

"Yeap! Clever woman you are little sis!" he says and tightens his hold around me.

We are in bed about 12 hours now and I love being in his arms but suddenly I feel too drown. It's like I am imprison. I... I feel like I do not belong in here, I missed home and not even Aiden's presence helps me.

"Are you thinking of him?" he asks me after some deadly seconds and I close my eyes nodding.

"Daniel..." he murmurs and kisses my forehead.

I feel his warm lips on my quite cold skin and I smile melancholically. I open my eyes and bury myself better in his embrace.

"I don't know what to think brother. He keeps on hurting me. His presence, he! Everything about him hurts." I whisper and he sighs.

"Maybe you are overreacting and before you open your mouth to protest let me explain myself!" he says quickly preventing me from shouting at him.

He knows me too well! God!

"Can I continue?" he asks me impatiently and I roll my eyes annoyed.

"Stop being ironic with your older brother damn it! Queen or not your power leaves me unaffected! I can still kick your ass if I want to!" he groans pretending to be angry and I give him a fake smile making him laugh.

"Okay, so now I can continue!" he states and sits up a bit.

Shit! I know this look he has right now, I won't like it at all!

"From what I have seen until now I can clearly say that Daniel is truly in love with you! He didn't know who you were but he was stuck on you, it was more than obvious and from what Ellie told me he reacted too bad when he learned the truth. Just imagine it! The poor man was informed the moment that he was about to lose you for good and yet he gained his mind and came to save you! He brought you here in time Diana, he gave blood for you, he didn't leave your side the first night, he... He tried to help me, he was doing his best to be discreet in front of me, he wanted to tell me about you two, he never tried to hide me anything. The man almost got crazy when I told him my suspicions about you being alive some days ago! Diana, he even called the bastards to come because he didn't know and thought that you would be happy! I am not taking his side but let's be honest, he loves you!"

"Aiden, he rejected me!" I protest sitting up as well and he shakes his head in confusion.

"But he took back his rejection and he seems to have regretted it. The man is in pain, I assure you! I am not telling you to forgive him just like that but try to soften a bit. Give him time and opportunities to prove how sorry he is. Maybe you are too hard on him!" he says and gives me a soft, playful squeeze on my arm.

"I hate you Den! You are taking the asshole's side clearly!" I groan and cross my hands angrily.

"Damn it woman! You are more stubborn than you were! Why are you so mad at him?"

"You forget about his slut, right? Did you listen to what Landon and Elias told us last afternoon? She was behind everything, she wanted to kill me! Who let her? Huh? Your favorite 'brother in law'!" I shout and push him off of me.

"Oh God! Diana, he didn't know! He threw her out of the palace for you! Stop being so difficult to be pleased!" he shouts and raises his hand, grabs me and pulls me again in his arms.

I do not protest, I just groan and give him an annoyed expression. I love him but I would love to punch him right now!

"Just do not dare help him! Am I clear?" I ask him frustrated and he smirks with a satisfied expression.

"I promise, I won't interfere at all but try not to kill him and leave us without our King! And also now you can't keep on accusing him for telling them... You know what I mean, they somehow knew but it wasn't him that told them! Not to mention that you had to let him kill them!" he scolds me firmly and I lower by gaze defeated.

"Can we stop this discussion now please?" I ask giving him a begging look and he gets ready to reply but suddenly freezes and some seconds later growls.

"Den?" I whisper worried and he stands up shaking from anger in less than a second.

I narrow my eyes confused and try to think. Why is he so pissed off so suddenly?

It hits me almost like a lightening...

Hunter!

"Hunt?" I ask, almost shout and jump off of my bed.

"Diana, don't you dare open to that traitor!" Aiden shouts but I ignore him completely and rush to open the door.

I missed him so damn much!

"Hunt!" I scream as I open the door and fall in his arms immediately without even thinking about it.

"Baby! I am so sorry, so, so, so sorry! How are you?" he says and wraps his arms around me tightly making me lose my breath but right now I do not care.

I just want him to hold me, I was so worried about him, I feel so guilty, so awful for everything he has suffered these days because of me!

"I am sorry! It's my fault! You were right, I had to keep you out of it!" I say and pull my head a bit back to look at him crying.

This is breaking my heart, he is so sweet with me, he loves me and all I did was being troubles for him. He was in the forest for almost two days trying to find Samantha, he had a fight with Aiden, Daniel warned him and I did nothing to help him.

"Are you alright? I missed you, I was so worried about you!" I say in hurry and hug him again but the next second I am pulled out of his arms and I hit on another hard body.

Aiden!

"How dare you appear in front of me bastard? How? I told you that I am going to kill you!" Aiden roars and tries to push me back and attack Hunter but I wrap my hands around his waist and do my best to stay between them.

"Aiden please let me explain, I..." Hunter says but Aiden interrupts him quickly.

"No! I don't want to listen to your cheap excuses, you knew and never told me, I could have lost her!"

"Aiden, I asked him not to tell you! It was my fault, he wanted to tell you but I convinced him for the exact opposite thing! I had enough of this shit!" I yell and push him back with all the power I have.

"Diana stay out of it!" he screams with his eyes darkening and I growl tightening my fists.

I HAD ENOUGH!

"Aiden you stop this stupidity right now or else I swear I am going to stop talking to you! Do you listen to me? I am telling you that it is my fault! It was my decision, both Hunt and Land wanted to tell you but I told them not to! He is feeling so bad because of me, he feels worse than you do, he was in the middle, I put him in this condition, stop being such an arrogant man because I know you are not!" I shout steadily with a firm look in a quite strong yet imposing tone.

I observe his face's expression and keep my breath in agony. I really want them to be again like before. Hunter is like a brother for Aiden, they know each other for years and Hunt stood by his side when Aiden needed him the most. They never broke apart, they are best friends and I can't see them like this because of my stupidity.

"Den, please! Do it for me, I feel awful!" I whisper ready to cry and take a step to him lowering my head.

"Shit sister! You are killing me!" he yells and sighs heavily.

I try to give him a discreet look and watch him fighting with himself. He doesn't know what to do and he is going up and down in front of me like a lion in the cage.

God! Just take a fucking decision Aiden!

"Fine! You won! I am forgiving him!" he screams some seconds later in desperation and walks quickly to me.

Thanks God!

"Thank you brother!" I say as he pulls me in his arms and kisses the top of my head.

"You are the craziest girl I have ever met! I have to thank you to be honest..." he whispers and breaks our hug slowly with his eyes locked on Hunter that is stepping now next to me.

"I am sorry brother! It was killing me not to talk to you and I feel awful but I was too angry and scared of losing her. Thank you for standing on her side when I couldn't. I know you had good intentions!" he continues and gives Hunter his hand for a handshake.

"And I am sorry for not telling you, I had to insist more and keep pressuring her to tell you! I knew I was risking it!" Hunter replies and takes his hand in his smiling.

Finally!

"So we are the team of three again!" I say clapping my hands and they both pull me in a group hug.

"We are! From now everything is going to get only better!" Aiden states confidently and I smile fighting to really believe it.

"Oh, now that we are good I almost forgot about it! Please, give me a second!" Hunter says and gets out of my room leaving me and Aiden confused.

What is it now?

He gets in again almost immediately with a massive bouquet of purple roses in his arms and closes the door behind him in hurry. He turns and walks to me quickly and hands me the bouquet with an enigmatic expression.

This isn't from him?

"I found it outside your door when I came but I wanted to get sure that I will be okay with Aiden and that you are alright!" he explains as I take it in my hands surprised.

"How long could it be outside the door? Did you hear anything?" I ask Aiden and he shakes his head thoughtfully.

"No idea but it has a note, look!" he says pointing a small card on the left side of the bouquet.

I take it in my hands and open it quickly. My heartbeat is already getting faster and I have a feeling I know from whom it is but again I can't hide my nervousness. I do not know if I want to be from him or not, I am confused.

"After rain there is always a rainbow my Queen. You never know what is going to happen next, maybe today is a better day than the previous one..." I read and I instantly feel my head spinning, my legs getting weaker and my heart stiffening.

"No signature?" Aiden asks me with meaning and I prefer not to reply.

I feel like drowning, it's really from him!

I pass by Aiden and throw the bouquet on my bed. I walk quickly to the balcony door and open it widely.

I need some air or else I will get crazy!

I set my bare feet on the cold floor and sigh relieved once the cold air hits my face. I look at the big, beautiful garden in front of me and smile emotionally making great amends not to cry. At least Daniel gave me a great room with view one of the best part of the gardens and also with the main entrance quite visible.

I turn my head on my right and look towards the main entrance to see a black limousine stopping right before the long stairs and I stay like this confused.

Daniel has guests?

I knew nothing, not that I am complaining about it or I care but it is weird because we all knew nothing.

I keep my eyes locked on the limousine that is now completely stopped and I watch Jim, Daniel's Delta walking down the stairs in hurry with two guards following him close behind. Some seconds later and one of the guards is opening the back door of the limousine and a man sets his foot on the ground almost immediately.

I can't take my eyes of the scene in front of me for an unknown reason as my heart keeps on telling me that something is happening and soon my eyes open widely, my heart stops beating and I gasp shocked!

I can't believe my eyes, it's like a dream, this can't be happening!

He is... Here?

~at the same time, palace's main entrance~

Daniel's pov

I think I am losing my mind and my nervousness has passed every limit there is!

I can't believe how I did it but how could I not after everything that happened yesterday?

He is the only one that she wants, he is the man she loves like no one else, she needs him and if I want her happy then I can't do anything else than what I did last evening.

I called him and I swear it was the first time I was so scared of someone's reaction. I mean, it is logical because this man is by far the best of all of us, even me! He is remarkable and what he has been doing all these years is the proof we all need to respect him truly.

I am more than grateful to him, I own him everything, my Kingdom's power, my mate's life, my life!

This man is... Gideon Black!

Diana's father with all the word's meaning.

I may don't know many things but from what Landon, Ellie, Thomas and Jeremy told me last evening after they talked with Diana I am sure that this man is her entire life and she is his. He saved her life, loved her immediately, took her with him, stood by her side and raised her like his own daughter and no one can doubt that she really is his daughter.

I feel too little in front of him and his actions, I sent her to death and he pulled her out of it. He was always on her side when I wasn't and he helped her become the strongest and best woman there is so...

I had to call him no matter how ashamed I feel.

I can do anything for her so I couldn't keep him away from her for more.

Diana needs him here more than ever after what I did by mistake last day and I need to meet him, I have to explain him, his approval is necessary for me and I am sure that he is the only one that can tell me what happened because Diana and Aiden won't and the guys prefer not to interfere and tell me what Diana trusted them yesterday.

If I have to ask for someone's approval or 'blessing' to get close to Diana then this one is Gideon and I want to do the right things from now so he is my savior, my only hope and also from what I have understood he is the one that can keep Diana under control and this is a big relief for me. He wants the best for her and he is going to do anything it takes to help her recover 100%.

I turn and look at my father on my right, he is smiling brightly with my mother standing on his side with her eyes shining from pride. I asked their opinion before I call Gideon and they were more than excited yet satisfied with my decision. They both know and admire him truly, especially now that we know what he did for Diana.

Landon and Ellie with Jeremy and Thomas are on my left and Landon seems nervous for a reason I can't understand. He is happy to meet Gideon but worried at the same time and I am getting confused. Ellie and Jeremy with Thomas are more than ecstatic to meet him as Ellie and Thomas already know Gideon and keep on saying that we had to call him from the first second as he deserved to know and I agree but I didn't know back then what I know now.

When I called him last night he was more than shocked, Diana had told him nothing. She was texting him saying that she was too busy but alright and the fear in his voice was more than obvious when I told him what happened to her. I felt bad to say the truth, I felt guilty for not telling him personally that night when Diana was shot.

The man lost his voice for some seconds and then he began sobbing. He was in so much pain that even Devon and I felt sympathy for him, my heart was breaking from his cries.

He really loves her!

I sent my private jet to bring him here and he is not alone as I asked him to take with him two more persons and they are...

"Your Royal Highness, the guests are here." Jim says smiling after he gets inside and bows in hurry.

"Please let them in!" I reply immediately and take a deep breath doing my best to stay calm and casual as I want to make a good impression to them!

"Try not to sweat that much! You are acting like a pup!" Devon growls frustrated and I sigh deeply to get rid of my nervousness.

I listen to footsteps and take a step forward instinctually with my father tapping my back gently and when he appears some meters right in front of me I feel the ground under my feet disappearing.

He is such a royal man, so handsome, so elegant and imposing with a powerful aura surrounding him.

He is tall like me, with brown, thick hair that is shining, bears of three days, two big expressive eyes like Diana's, they have exactly the same color but he has bags under his eyes and he is pale if you ask me. He is wearing a pair of dark blue trousers and a white shirt. His appearance is generally perfect and believe me I am jealous of him. If he is like this in his 41 years then how was he when he was in my current age?

He walks quickly to me almost immediately ignoring everyone around us and about two meters away from me he stops and gets ready to bow but something inside me makes me stop him.

"Your Royal Highness!" he says leaning forward but I take two big steps, reach him and place my hands on his shoulders in order to prevent him from bowing.

"Mister Black if someone has to bow then this someone is me!" I say truthfully and he raises his eyebrows realizing what I mean.

What a clever man he is! Not that I had doubts...

"My friend!" my dad says emotionally and walks to us with Gideon hugging him quickly.

"How is she? Where? Is she really alright?" he asks us worried and before I even open my mouth to reply we hear voices and footsteps from upstairs.

"DAD!"

"DIANA!" he shouts and jumps up turning to the stairs panicked.

God! How did she know? I wanted this to be a surprise...

"Diana what is happening? Why are you running?" Aiden yells surely from somewhere behind her and her scent feels my lungs almost immediately.

She is too close!

"Dad are you here?" she shouts again and the next second she appears running like a flash the last stairs with a dark grey sport trouser, a white top and her long hair free in big waves.

"Diana!" he screams as he walks to her and then she jumps in his arms and buries herself in his embrace.

Shit!

I want to cry right now, this is so intense, so...

Strong!

They both burst into crying and Gideon keeps on kissing the top of her head with his arms wrapped tightly around her quite skinnier now body. They are both suffering, they may be relieved, yes but...

They are suffering because of me, I made them be apart and I couldn't keep Diana safe, I failed.

"Dad, I missed you so much! I missed you!" she murmurs and kisses him lots of times on his cheek making him smile emotionally.

"Are you alright sweetheart? Are you?" he asks her worried and cups her face in his hands with his eyes never leaving hers.

"I am fine now! I am so happy you are here, I missed you!" she says and buries her face in his neck.

"Great... Make me more emotional!" Ellie says with a trembling voice and comes next to me crying with Jeremy holding her.

"Diana..." Aiden says standing frozen at the last stair with Hunter behind him and she pulls back and turns to him smiling and wiping her tears.

She is very sweet like this...

"Den... This is Gideon! My dad!" she introduces him and stands next to Gideon proudly.

Aiden walks to them nervously and smile forcefully, he is feeling more awkward than I do...

"Aiden, I am so happy to meet you my boy! Diana was talking about you constantly!" Gideon says and lifts his hand for a handshake.

"I know a lot about you as well Mister Black, I own you! Thank you for taking care of her!" Aiden replies giving him his hand.

"You don't have to thank me Aiden. I did the least I could, I own her and please call me Gideon!" Gideon says warmly and my dad clears his throat discreetly.

"Diana, look right behind you... The surprises aren't over yet!"

I smile as I watch her turning to the entrance where the two women are standing smiling with the older one crying touched and Landon gets closer to me quite pale and shocked.

"I feel hurt honey! It's not only your dad that is here..." the older woman says stepping closer to Diana.

"Auntie!" she yells and runs to her laughing.

"Oh, my crazy bunny! Are you okay baby? You scared us all!" Luna Leah exclaims as they hug each other.

"I am sorry! I didn't want to. I..." Diana starts but is cut from the other young woman with long blonde hair that must be near her 30s.

"You did your brave things again, as always!"

"Nikki! What are you doing here?" Diana shouts and breaks her hug with Luna Leah to hug Nikki that is now reaching them.

"I am your personal doctor, who knows this body of yours better than I do my friend?" Nikki replies smirking wickedly and Diana laughs.

I smile and feel too drown to Diana but with the corner of my eye I see Landon passing by me with his eyes locked on Nikki and I instantly realize what is happening.

"Mate!" he says shortly and we all open our eyes widely with Nikki staring at him breathless.

Diana slowly pulls back with Nikki standing there like a statue and turns to look at Landon but her eyes land on me and we both freeze breathless. Every time happens the same thing, the time stops, everything stops and it is just us, her and I...

Her puffy, red eyes that are wet from crying are now shining and I can't hold back my smile and excitement. I want her to see how I feel , I need her to know and not doubt me.

"Yeah! The family grows bigger!" Jeremy screams enthusiastic from next to me and we all jump up surprised.

Well, I will deal with him later for ruining the moment I had with my mate!

And back to our main 'for now' topic, Landon and Nikki that is now blushing with Diana pushing her discreetly to Landon with an impatient smile.

"Just talk man!" Jeremy yells excited and I roll my eyes.

He is making it worse for Landon!

"Um... Don't you think that they have to stay alone? It is awkward with all of us present." Diana states in sympathy and Landon seems to listen to her as he nods quickly and gives Nikki a questioning look.

"I... Agree..." Nikki whispers making all of us smile relieved and I lean closer to Ellie and Jeremy on my left.

"Could you take them somewhere else because Landon is too lost to make a move. Leave them alone to talk in a neutral place." I whisper discreetly and Ellie closes her eye with meaning.

"Come Land, let them stay alone as well, I am sure Mister Black has a lot to discuss with Diana and the rest..." Jeremy speaks up smiling mechanically and I groan in annoyance for his comment about our discussion as this made Diana stiffen.

"Nikki, come with us, we will take you to one of the best playrooms in the palace!" Ellie says next saving the whole thing and smiles at me wickedly.

Jeremy taps Landon's shoulder and slowly turn and walk away heading to the left side of the palace while Diana pushes Nikki gently to Ellie's direction giving her a bright, encouraging smile. Ellie takes Nikki from the hand and follow Landon and Jeremy walking away as well leaving us alone and the atmosphere gets heavy almost immediately.

I look everyone around me quickly and my eyes stop on Hunter that is standing behind Aiden with his eyes already locked on me. He knows that I took back my rejection and Diana is not available for him anymore and believe me it feels so damn good! He has to know his place, he has to stay away from my mate.

"Um... Beta Black, it's nice to meet you again!" Thomas says breaking the silence and taking one step stopping next to me.

"Thomas! How are you my child?" Gideon says smiling and motions for Thomas to go closer to him.

"I am fine Mister Black, how are you?"

"To be honest I have been better, my daughter gave me a heart attack again!" Gideon replies meaningfully and Diana lowers her head with guilt.

God, she is so sweet when she is blushing!

"I understand Mister Black, in your place I would have felt the same way..." Thomas says reaching him and giving him a warm handshake.

"Okay... Well dad I would like you to meet someone else..." Diana states cutting the awkward conversation and turning to look at Hunter.

Fuck my life!

I want to kill him firstly and then lock her in a room!

If she wants to drive me crazy then she knows the way, this hurts, I am so fucking jealous!

How is she doing this in front of me?

"Hunter, right?" Gideon says smirking in a satisfied way and Hunter nods walking to him nervously.

"Yes, I am pleased to meet you Mister Black!"

"Me too, Diana has told me a lot about you! Thank you for taking care of her..." Gideon says and gives me a quick look.

I am boiling, I want to kill someone right now, well one, Hunter!

"And now..." Gideon says preventing me from saying even a single word.

"Back to our topic young lady..." he continues turning again to Diana that is looking at him already ashamed.

His eyes travel all over her body inquisitive and he stops when his eyes land on her feet. I also lower my gaze confused from the sudden anger in his face and I open my eyes widely.

Okay, my mate is crazy!

"Diana Black can you give me a logical reason and tell me why you aren't wearing shoes?" he growls raising his voice.

I already love this man!

"Um... I saw you from my balcony and I got excited, I forgot to put them on... I just wanted to come and see you!" she replies apologetically and almost everyone giggles (everyone except from me, Gideon and Aiden that we seem worried).

"Every time the same thing with you!" he groans troubled and passes his right hand through his hair.

"Dad, I..."

"No, Diana! This time I talk and you listen!" Gideon interrupts her immediately and she really stops and stiffens defeated.

"What have I told you? You have to tell me everything and what did you do? You didn't tell me that you got shot, you lied to me and I had to be informed about everything from Daniel last night!" he continues pointing me and Diana turns and looks at me shocked.

I guess she wasn't expecting it and I am happy for it, I wanted to make her a surprise like this.

"Dad, I didn't want to worry you and..." she trembles quite dizzy from the small reveal.

"Not a single word from you young lady! Who knows what else you haven't told me. You are going up in your room right now and with your aunt and I will come in a while to have a good talk together!" he says shortly not giving her opportunity to deny or protest and she nods a bit unwillingly.

"Okay, brother calm down... She is fine now and she is going to get better so try to stop being so worried." Luna Leah speaks up walking to Diana's side and he sighs heavily.

"Alright, I will come with you and maybe Aiden should carry Diana upstairs. She is already too tired to do it on her own." My mom says joining them and Aiden shakes his head in approval.

"But I can and..." Diana protest but a short growl from Gideon and she stops.

That's my good girl, I am glad Gideon is here to put her in her place.

"Alright, you can go and I think that some have some things to talk about..." my dad says looking at Gideon and me and we nod immediately.

It was about time...

~some time later, Daniel's office~

"Please Mister Black, after you!" I say opening my office's door for him to get in first.

"Thank you..." he murmurs as he walks in with me behind him.

I close the door and take a deep breath to calm my nerves down. This man is something else and I feel so nervous. His opinion about me matters and I want him to have a good impression of me.

Anyway, I will do my best!

I turn and point the chairs in front of my office for him to sit. He smiles and nods.

"Would you like something to drink Mister Black?" I ask forcing an awkward smile and he smirks in a sympathetic way.

"You can call me Gideon Your..."

"No, please!" I cut him off immediately.

"Call me Daniel, forget the formalities with me."

"Okay then, the same goes to you!" he says smiling and sits on one of the two chairs as I walk behind my office and take my sit.

This is so fucking awkward even if he seems so friendly...

"Talk damn it!" Devon screams angrily and I sigh once more trying to lift my eyes and look at him.

"I am glad you are here Gideon, I have no idea what I would have done without you!" I begin and he smiles at me warmly.

"I have to thank you Daniel. You called and told me about her. If it wasn't you then I wouldn't have know and I wouldn't have been here next to her!"

"I did the least I could for her Gideon! She needs you more than anyone else and to be honest with you I need you here! I desperately need you!" I say and he shakes his head in understanding.

"I am going to ask you something and I want the truth Daniel. I have every right to ask you because she is MY DAUGHTER no matter what anyone dares to say. Okay?" he asks me suddenly serious and I sign for him to continue.

"Do you love my daughter Daniel? Do you really love her or you want to please your ego and then throw her again out of your life?"

Kill me, he is throwing me in deep waters immediately!

I clear my throat nervously fighting to find my voice and he leans forwards with an inquisitive look on his face. I guess he is trying to read my thoughts?!

"Forgive me for my quite offending hypothetical presentation but when it comes to Diana I can't be soft or show much understanding. I just need an answer!" he says again softer than before.

"You have every right to react like this Gideon! I have nothing to forgive you, in fact it is you that have to forgive me. I hurt her once and she almost died... And now... I love her! I love her with all my heart and I want to assure you that I am never going to hurt her again! I can't live without her, her place is next to me and my place is next to her." I reply with a confidence I had never imagined and he raises his eyebrows impressed.

"Alright then, good! I like your determination but I am warning you! Hurt my baby girl and I will kill you with my own hands no matter who you are! Am I clear? I want my daughter happy!" he says firmly raising his hand warningly and I nod quickly excited.

"Thank you Gideon, I am too happy that we have this conversation, I needed this. I... I told you yesterdays the basic things but I really need to tell you more..." I say with obvious panic in the end that makes him narrow his eyes confused yet thoughtfully.

"Okay... You told me that she was shot, the person behind all this was Samantha and I know who is was from Diana, you told me that you took back your rejection as well and also I will make a guess... You gave blood for her, didn't you?" he asks me smirking and I open my eyes widely surprised.

"How did you know?" I ask breathless.

"Daniel... I have seen her again after an incident like this and she has nothing to do with how she had been back then. She wasn't even walking and now she is running! I am not an idiot, I know her better than anyone! I am sure you are behind this..."

"Yes, I did it and you are right but this is not the only thing I want to talk to you about... I am sure that she is going to tell you by herself sooner or later but I have to talk with you about it, I am feeling awful and I want your opinion." I explain and he motions to continue.

"This is going to be difficult for both of us but anyway. I won't take it too far. Last day her 'parents' came here, I didn't know and I called them..." I say in hurry and he jumps up slamming his fists on my desk with his eyes almost black.

That was way too fast!

"WHERE. ARE. THEY?" he growls through his teeth leaning closer to me.

"Gideon... She wanted to let them live this time, I couldn't interfere. Even Destiny made her appearance and dealt with them, I couldn't react!" I explain desperately and he curses slamming his fists again on my desk and almost managing to break it.

I can't blame him, he is right, she is his daughter and he is right to be mad. They had to die, I am an idiot but I couldn't make it worse for Diana.

"I want you to calm down. I understand and believe me I agree with you but if you want to help her and me then please calm down." I say with concern and he groans falling back on his chair with force.

"Shit!" he shouts and runs his hands through his hair while trying to breathe.

"You have no idea how much I hate them! You have no idea what they did to her... It is breaking my heart every time I remember how I found her that day! How much they made her suffer damn it!" he murmurs in frustration and lifts his eyes to look at me.

My blood freezes in my veins when I look deeply into his eyes. They are so cold but full of pain at the same time and this is scaring me. He is capable of everything for her and I feel again too little in front of him.

"Would you like to tell me? I am certain that Diana is not going to tell me and I really want to know..." I say softly and he sighs heavily.

"I am not going to tell you many things, it is not my place to interfere between you two and also it is your own battle, not mine. I can tell you some basic things and explain to you what happened but I can't help you approach her. It won't be right and fair for her, you need to find your way with her... Agreed?"

"Of course!" I say in hurry and he nods.

"The day I found her almost dead in the forest I felt alive for the first time after lots of years of being dead inside... I felt scared, I saw my past again in front of me, I lived the same agony, pain, fear... I saw my Iris in her place and my heart broke. The only thing I wanted was to save her, I wouldn't have been able to lose her even if I didn't know her at all. Her condition was so dramatic that she stopped breathing for more than three times while I was trying to take her to my friend's house. She was so pale, so skinny, covered with blood everywhere, with her clothes ripped leaving her almost naked. They... They even tried to bite her heart and kill her after they were done from hurting her and watching her suffering. You have no idea what I felt that day... No one can, not even Diana. She came in my life out of nowhere and brought the light!" he says wiping some tears from his already watery eyes and tries to breathe.

This is killing me, his condition while he is talking about that day hurts like hell. I could have never imagined that I would listen to something like this... This man deserves my full respect and admiration. He is so different, he is strong, kind and sensitive at the same time.

"Daniel... I know she is not my biological daughter but I swear I love her even more for this. She is what I needed, she became my whole world and I couldn't have been happier for her existence in my life. This girl became my rock, my purpose in life. No matter how difficult times we lived together because she was too weak and she had to stay in hospital too many times, no matter how many times I died watching her suffering I can assure you that I do not regret it. I can't imagine my life without her, I wish I could have been able to take all the pain she has felt until now in her entire life and I am not going to leave her alone as long as I live. You can't understand how I feel but it's alright. I know it is difficult." He continues and starts crying slightly.

"Gideon..." I whisper emotional, get up and walk to him with shaking legs.

I kneel next to him and he turns and looks at me with a painful expression. I place my hand on his shoulder and give it a squeeze smiling warmly. I really like this man, I would love to get to know him better, I have too many lessons to take from him.

"For me you are more than her father. What you have been doing for her the last five years is the only proof I need. I know you are honest and you have gained my full respect, you are a great man and do you know what? I think it was meant for you two to meet and become family. You are both blessed with your bond that is too strong despite the fact that you do not have the same blood! This means already enough and I saw real love between you two, I felt it, I... I am too small to feel the way you feel but I understand you and you have my word that you are never going to lose her as long as I breathe! You have to be proud of yourself and her, you did an excellent job with her and you know what? She knows it!" I say and he gives me a bright smile tapping my arm.

"Thank you Daniel, for calling me and for your understanding."

"No, I have to thank you. You are the only one that she needs so much and also the one that can keep her under control! She is not taking care of herself and especially after what happened yesterday. She didn't sleep, she is not eating, she is bearably drinking some water and I am worried. We can't pressure her, we feel bad and she is too stubborn, even Aiden can't make her eat or sleep, she..."

"Is too strong and difficult to deal with! She has a wild spirit!" he says reading my thoughts and I nod worried.

"I know, I believe you. Look, I don't want to get involved to the whole thing between you and I want you to know that I am not going to help you or her but I am going to tell you only one thing about her. Diana is very proud, independed, smart, strong and unpredictable. It is difficult for someone to keep her under control..."

"But you did! I saw it a while ago, you are the only one that can help her!" I protest confused and he laughs slightly.

"Yes, I am not going to deny it but things are not so simple even for me. Believe me, sometimes even I am caught out of guard from her words and actions. She just loves me very much and wants me to be happy, that's why she is doing what I say but as you saw some time ago and will see from now on she doesn't do it with satisfaction, she is pressuring herself. I understand your wary and your reasons, I agree with you and I promise you that now that I am here you don't have to worry about her, she is going to recover completely too soon but don't think that she is not going to complain or do her crazy, secret stuffs. She is full of surprises, as I said a wild and unpredictable spirit, crazy and brave heart that can't be tamed." He replies with a sympathetic smile.

"You are killing me now... This is not so encouraging. I really need your help, I don't know what to do with her! She is too distant, I feel like all my tries are hitting on a wall." I say disappointed with a dose of desperation.

"I cannot help you more Daniel. When you come in my age you will understand me."

"What do you mean?"

"Relationships need time and lots of efforts from both sides to work, especially in your situation with the past you have. You have to find your own way and she needs to learn hers. It's between you two and not me or anyone else. You have to learn how and what to offer and accept from each other. You have to live and respect each other's limits, see your needs and wants on your own. This is the only way for your relationship to last until the end. And also..." he pauses and leans closer to me with his eyes locked on mine.

"If anything happens and she gets hurt, I will feel guilty for helping you and make her believe in you. I won't bear such a weight in my heart. Do you understand me?" he whispers and I nod sighing heavily.

"Yes, you are right. I won't put you in difficult position, you have my word but it is just that I am scared and already hurt. I don't want to lose her and she doesn't seem willing to give me a chance. I don't know what to do..." I murmur nervously.

He smirks and shakes his head thoughtfully without taking his hand from my arm. I feel my fears growing bigger again and even Devon exhales deeply in need to release our demons.

I don't want to lose her!

"Daniel... If you really love her that much as you say do not forget my last 'trusting' words to you. Okay?" he states suddenly making me almost jump up surprised.

"I will do anything for her!" I reply immediately.

"Be patient, smart, kind, real and prepared for everything because Diana's heart and mind won't fall for you without a fight or even... A war! Andbelieve me, she is not an easy opponent!"

****************************

Hello my friends!!!

And yes the 16th chapter is on and it is quite long, I made it sooner than I had expected!

Also you can go and find me in Dreame with the same name and photo.

And now back to our story as I really want to know your thoughts and opinions! How do feel about this chapter? What is going to happen next? What role is Gideon going to play now? Will Daniel manage to get closer to Diana?

As always at this point I would like to thank you very much for your love, support, commends and impatience in order to read the chapters. The book has reached about 2.450 views, I am grateful. I am trying my best so continue showing me how much you want more and:

1) Vote,

2) Commend and tell me your opinions and thoughts, or

3) Share the story.

This is it for this week, see you again in the next chapter. Be safe and happy until next time!

I love you all,

                                                     Marie...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

116K 6.9K 52
Book 2 in the Rootbridge Pack series. You DON'T need to have read book 1 in order to enjoy this. You'll find a plot summary for An Alpha's Alpha (Boo...
111K 2.7K 48
☆ 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐈𝐫𝐢𝐬 𝐓𝐨 𝐇𝐢𝐬 𝐄𝐲𝐞𝐬 ☆ Iris was just another girl. She was intelligent, caring, clever, and much more. She lived a normal and happy...
8.5K 1.1K 46
Zoe lands in the walking city of Archigram for her last assassination as an apprentice. Her mission, kill a millennia-old immortal who founded the ci...
13 5 2
Diana is a queen in shackles, enslaved by the vampire kingdom, and served as their prey since the age of 17, she survived by sheer will power and the...