To Protect

By JanieKayne

Harry never knew his Father James Potter had a little sister. That he had other options besides living with t... More

01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
110
111
112
113
114
115
116
117

51

62K 2.2K 1.5K
By JanieKayne

"Damn!" Snape cursed, "I found him!" Snape called. He spotted the boy by the lakeshore. He quickly checked a pulse to see if he was breathing.

He was, thank god.

Than he looked to the side, swearing he saw Blacks body laying not far from an unconscious Harry when he discovered him, but he wasn't there.

Must have been his imagination.

Snape heard hurried rustling, turning his head to see who he expected. Eleanor who was out of breath from panic besides the running. She slid down the sloped hill that coved itself with  boulders, almost tripping over one in motion but picked herself up.

"Is he alright?" Asked Hermione who stood over the slopped hill with Ron leaning on her shoulder.

Eleanor gripped onto Harry, pulling him close to see if he was hurt. He was limb, but seemed to be breathing which was all that mattered.

"H-he's just unconscious is all." She sniffed, looking around. "W-where did Sirius go?" She asked.

"Who cares, now let's put the boy on a stretcher." Snape motioned his wand to conjure a stretcher. Both Eleanor and Snape helped put Harry on a lifter.

"Ron," Eleanor called summoning one for the boy which Hermione helped him on.

The walk to the castle had been silent, but everyone's mind was loud. Eleanor worried about Sirius and Remus who was out somewhere in the forbidden forest. She wondered if the dementors had gotten ahold of Sirius Black by now, which had her tear up at the thought of it, he was innocent and now Peter Pettigrew is somewhere out there alive and not jailed for his crime.

Snape glanced at Eleanors state seeing a tear run down her face, he didnt understand why. The boy was fine.

It wasnt until they got to the castle when Severus had spoken, "Granger, guide them to the hospital wing and only to the hospital wing. Understood?" He said

Hermione nodded her head, "Yes Professor."

Snape turned on his heal facing Eleanor who slumped against the pillar of the outside corridor. "You dont understand." She spoke up, "He's innocent."

"My god," Severus replied in a low icy whispter, "He charmed you, didn't he?" Severus grabbed her hand motioning to follow along, "let's get you to the hospital wing—"

"IM NOT UNDER A SPELL!" Eleanor shouted looking like a crazed woman. "Don't you see, it was Peter Pettigrew, he was Ron's rat!"

"You're delusional."

"And you're too stubborn to see the truth!" Was Eleanors reply, Snape glared down at her. Astonished that she said such a thing.

"I've been telling you the truth for awhile now to keep you safe. You act like you know everything or do everything in your power to avoid it. You're defending a murderer and a werewolf, between the two of us who is the one that's too stubborn for truth?" Asked Severus as he folded his arms over his chest.

Eleanor couldn't manage to get a word out as her jaw dropped. Her bright hazel eyes were woeful, facing him with such a soft expression.

"I never asked for you to keep me safe." Her voice was quiet and sounded like silk in his ears.

Snape felt stuck, so he said nothing and turned away.

Eleanor walked after him a bit, "So that's it than." She watched him pause, "You won't believe me?"

Severus stood frozen, his back facing her as he finally spoke, "Even if he was innocent what would you expect me to do about it? Talk to the ministry themselves? Beg on my knees to let him go?"

"I just want you to trust me without asking you to." Eleanor replied.

"Now you know how I've felt." Snape muttered under his breath before he walked away and leaving her sight.

She stood there starring for awhile, dumbfounded, tired and overwhelmed with emotions. Sirius Black was missing again, possibly hurt or killed, she had just gotten him back and he was gone. Peter Pettigrew got away and there is no proof besides a few kids, herself and Remus.

But who would believe them?

"Whatever you're thinking about, you're probably overthinking it." Said a sudden voice from behind.

She looked around, Eleanor could have sworn she forgotten to breathe once she saw Sirius Black smiling down at her. He was sitting on a hippogriff. This scene reminded her of the story books about the brave knight riding his noble steed to rescue the damsel in distress.

"You're alive." She said unbelievably as she watch him hop off the hippogriff, giving the creature a stroke on its beak.

He chuckled to her response, his eyes looking all around her face. Like he was savoring every detail he could make out in the light of night. "You can thank Harry for that." He smiled stepping forward to her, "I see alot of James and Lily but you as well."

Eleanor blushed at his closeness.

"You haven't changed." He spoke

"Believe me, 12 years can change alot about a person." Her voice was hushed.

Sirius stared at her for a few more moments until a smirk came across his face, "You make everything sound so dramatic."

Eleanor smiled down at the ground shrugging her shoulders not really knowing what to do or say to that.

"I invited Harry to stay with me." He said which she popped her head up to.

"What?"

"Well, obviously after I get my name cleared and have my own place. He deserves the family he was meant to be with." Sirius smiled to her softly. She looked conflicted. "Are you okay with that?"

She nodded her head, "Of course, you're the godfather after all."

It was silent for a moment, but Sirius had taken that moment to think about a way to ask her, "And- you know, if your- wanting to be, I mean—" he cleared his throat, "You're welcome to stay there too, if you'd like."

All she could do was stare up at him. This man, someone she hasn't been accounted with for more than a decade had asked her to live with him and Harry.

To be a family.

"Wow, I- I dont know what to say." She blinked up at him with a grin.

He shrugged, "Just think about it."

"I will."

Sirius smiled ear to ear before looking at his shoes, "I wish I didn't have to go." His voice gruff, watching her facial expressions closely.

"I forgot you were a wanted criminal." She said before they both burst into a fit of quiet laughter.

"I've missed you." He finally spoke out.

"I've missed you too."

Sirius was quick to wrap his arms around her, pulling her into his chest like he never wanted to let go.

She felt like home to him.

Eleanor felt a tear run down her cheek, she hadn't realized the strong emotions until their embrace.

They stood like that for what seemed like forever and they were okay with that. "I'll be back for you." He whispered to her.

That's when he backed away, whipping the tear off of her cheek with his thumb. He bend down, kissing the side of her face.

She stood ther stunned, looking at him with tender eyes as he got up on the hippogriff. They just looked into eachothers eyes, not needing to say anything.

"I hope you liked the necklace I brought to you. I bought it for you a few nights before that Halloween." He said, "Wish I could have given it to you sooner."

"I love it." She spoke in a small voice smiling as tears of joy came down her face.

"Good." He winked, "Make sure you get some rest."

She nodded with a smile beginning to turn around.

"And Eleanor," he announced. She turned around looking at him, he looked as if he wanted to say something important but than he pushed it away. "Chin up, my love. It will all be worth it soon."

And just like that, he was gone.

AN: lol hey, this chapter was a day late and I sincerely apologize.. um.. I hope you all are doing well and I wish nothing but wellness for you. Ok. Bye. Hehe.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.4K 217 16
Veronica 'Ronnie' Lupin grew up close with her brother, Remus, and his idiotic friends who all acted as if they were her personal bodyguards, making...
18.5K 632 53
James Potter's younger sister joins him at Hogwarts becoming a part of the Marauder mayhem. War is on the horizon, but there are more pressing matter...
3.7K 189 13
Harry learns things about his life he never would've before gaining a new family member and reuniting with old ones, coming to terms with people tryi...
3.3K 115 5
Y/N is introduced to the marauders through a childhood friend and is quickly integrated into their group. She soon develops unique relationships with...