She's a Challenge | 5sos AU

By Liadne_14

"You're a challenge I gladly accept." He smiled. Lola Heart, a complex girl that no one has really figured ou... More

Prologue
Heartless Lola
Get a Clue
Lost
Group Therapy
Not A Date
Shots
Mr. Popular
A Challenge
No Option
Never Have I Ever
Fairness
Mission
Space
Thief
No Fighting
Probable Regret
The Reason
Advice
Repairing A Friendship
No Scars
Fights and Scolding
Muffins and Awkward Feelings
No Simplicity
Insecurities
Progress
Walking And Talking
Appearance
Ideas
Broken Promise
Banners and Stuffed Penguins
Day Gone Wrong
Troubles
What Falls, Breaks
A Day With Lulu
Comfort
Threats
Problems
Revelation
Fortune Cookies
Broken
Time
New Start
Champagnes and Past Lovers
Epilogue
A/N

Sweet Victory

919 47 1
By Liadne_14

Chapter 27: Sweet Victory

"I'm strips your solids," He said after breaking.

I rolled my eyes. "Hurry up." I rushed with an impatient look on my face.

"Calm down." He chuckled, giving me a kiss while passing me.

"Are you going to do that every time you go around me?"

"Maybe." He shrugged then missed the pocket.

I chuckled as I lined up my shot. He groaned when I sunk the five and two ball in. Passing him, I smirked and he just glared.

"Are you going to mock me the whole time?" He asked.

"Maybe." I shrugged.

"Just hurry up."

"Not so fun when I comes to you, huh?" He grew impatient when I sunk in another.

"Lola," I turned around and found Vance smiling at me. "Fancy meeting you here."

"Sure . . . " I said, leaning on my stick.

"Did you get a table?" Michael walked up to him. "Hey," he said to me with wide eyes. It's been awhile since I've seen Mikey, but I'm relieved that he finally changed his hair color. No more black depressing hair, now it's firery red.

"Hi," I gave a small smile.

An arm was flung around me and I was pulled into the person. I glared at Luke as his pierced smile was glowing all over his face.

"Sorry man, we got the last table." He said squeezing my shoulder a bit. I raised a brow at him, wondering what was his plan.

"Maybe next time," Vance said, patting Mikey's back.

"Or we can share the table," Luke suggested. "I mean, if that's what you want."

"What are you doing?" I whispered.

"Yeah, sounds cool," Vance said. "How 'bout you, Mike?"

He nodded and grabbed a stick. He powdered his hands and put chalk on the tip of the stick. Silence was irritating me at the moment and I think Luke could sense it causing his outburst.

"Teams," he said, circling the table.

"The lovely couple and the cousins." Vance said.

"We're not a couple." I glared at him.

"Then you don't mind me taking him." He put his arm around his shoulder with a bright smile, mocking me.

"Fine, Mikey and I will kick your ass." I looked over at Mikey and he just nodded. "Our bet's still on, piercings." I pointed at him, serious as fuck.

"Never said it wasn't." He smiled at me.

"We're so going to win," Vance muttered.

"Don't test her," Mikey mumbled.

"If I do?" He leaned on his stick, anticipating on Mikey's answer.

"You won't." He smiled, breaking the treacherous ice. "No one has beaten Lola before." He nudged me.

"Let's see about that," Vance said, finally taking his shot after what felt like forever.

"Missed!" Mikey yelled while Vance groaned. "You're up, Lola."

I rolled my eyes and took my shot sinking in the three and seven. Vance was gaping while Luke patted his back, chuckling at his dumbfounded partner. I shrugged and patted Mikey on the back signaling him to take his shot.

He sighed and lined up his stick then sunk the cue ball in. Vance snickered and I rolled my eyes. "I never said I was good." Mikey defended crossing his arms. "Someone go already."

Luke chuckled and grabbed the cue ball, "I'm going to win at this pace." He whispered in my ear as he passed me.

I pushed him and he just laughed some more. I rolled my eyes and sat at a nearby table. Mikey sat next to me and smiled. I felt everything shift and it was uncomfortable.

"How are you two?" He asked.

"Good." I couldn't find other words to say besides good.

"Just good?"

I looked at him curiously, where he was going with what he's asking. "Yeah, why?"

He shook his head. "Nothing, just trying to make conversation."

I nodded. "How are you?" I asked.

"Good."

"Just good?" I smirked.

He started to smile then chuckle. "I've missed you."

"I've missed you too." I smiled. "I know things are different now but that doesn't mean we can't be friends."

"I know, it's just hard to adjust."

"I know the feeling," I muttered.

"Come on, pro. It's your turn," Vance called out.

I rolled my eyes and got up. I examine the table and started laughing. "What happened to the four?" I looked at Luke and he gestured towards Vance.

"I've been trapped for four years planting weed to get out of torture, so don't make fun of my pool skills." He crossed his arms and huffed.

I shook my head and took my shot. "Mikey, you're up."

He sighed. "What am I suppose to do?"

"You don't know?" Vance asked, appalled.

"I've never gotten this far." He argued. Which is true. I've always beaten Mikey at pool and he's never won a game against me. Call me cocky, but it's true.

"You call the pocket you want the eight ball to go into, then you shoot it in," Luke explained for him.

He nodded. "Corner right pocket." He took a breath. He lined up his shot. "I can't do this, Lola," he said suddenly, handing me his stick.

I rolled my eyes. "After this we'll get pizza," I said, pushing the stick towards him.

"Okay," He took another breath. "Corner right pocket." He repeated then sunk it in.

I smiled at him and gave him a thumbs up. He put his fists in the air yelling 'victory' and rubbed it in Vance's face.

Arms snaked around my waist while a pierced lip kiss was set upon my cheek. Oh gosh, I sound like a wanna be poet. "That means you win," he whispered in my ear. I smiled and interlocked our hands, closing my eyes and feeling his warm breath on my cheek as I heard his slow breathing. "We have an hour left, what do you want to do?" He asked.

I opened my eyes and found Mikey dancing. I rolled my eyes, wanting to throw my shoe at him to stop. Then he started to sing Sweet Victory.

"Shut up!" Vance yelled.

Mikey laughed as he put his stick back. "Pizza time," He smiled.

"I never knew that about you," Luke said gaping on the other side of the booth.

"No one does really," Mikey said, shoving a slice into his mouth next to me.

I rolled my eyes. "Is it that big of a shocker?" I muttered.

"It is," Vance said.

"Big whoop, I like Taylor Swift songs, sue me." I threw my hands around.

"Why?" Luke chuckled.

"Well . . ."

"Mikey, that's enough." I rolled my eyes and huffed.

The table became silent and I can feel their stares on me as I ate. I ignored it and tried to focus on anything else but it's hard to when you have three people staring you down.

"Some of her songs are, like, revenge," I blurted. "Just stop staring at me now, geez."

"Is there anything else?" Vance asked.

"No, gosh. Just shut the fuck up and eat your damn pizza," I snapped then groaned when Vance muttered profanities.

I felt Luke's feet brush against mine. I pushed his away so I can have leg room but he ended up snatching my foot with his feet, smiling at himself. I rolled my eyes and used my other foot to kick him.

"Stop playing Footsy," Mikey groaned. "Some people are trying to eat here."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 80 48
When Alana moves to a different state (US), she is alone. She has no friends that live down the street anymore. When she starts the school year at a...
7.4K 452 76
He's trying to save his band and his friendship from falling apart. She's a troublemaker who pushed her parents too far They have to spend 2 months...
120 0 20
After a tragic change in her life, she's gotta find a place where she belongs. Her group of friends try to help her, but one tries more then the othe...
162K 4.7K 40
Rebellious ,rich, bad boy, Luke Hemmings is forced by his dad to live with his mum, in Sydney, for the summer in hopes to change his attitude. When...