The Resident Badboy

Από ellexpierce

What happens when two complicated people with hearts of ice meet? She's the former captain of the squad and t... Περισσότερα

Meet The Cast
PROLOGUE
Chapter 1 • Resident Badgirl
Chapter 2 • Accidentally On Purpose
Chapter 3 • H for Vendetta
Chapter 4 • Don't Dare The Devil
Editor
Chapter 5 • How To Get Away With Trouble
Chapter 6 • Wednesdays With Whitelies
Chapter 7 • Nearly Harley Quinn
Chapter 8 • Speak of The Devil
Chapter 9 • The Devil Reappears
Chapter 10 • Royally Pissed
Chapter 11 • Ride-Or-Die
Casts
Chapter 12 - Series Of Shocking Events
Chapter 13 • The Night Bitches
Chapter 14 • Player Gets Played
Chapter 15 • All Bite, No Bark
Chapter 16 • Dialled Hell
Chapter 17 • Don't Matter
Chapter 18 • A Walk Not To Remember
Chapter 19 • My Petals To My Roots
Chapter 20 • Griseo
Chapter 21 • Truth Heist
Chapter 22 • Pres-caught
Chapter 23 • Rivals Of The Year
Chapter 24 • Harley Mary
Chapter 25 • Coalition-Collision
Chapter 27 • Yeaaaaaaaaaaar
Chapter 28 • Mr. Get Inside
Reaching out 🤝
Chapter 29 • Brave Heart
Chapter 30 • Respect Begets Respect
Chapter 31 • Endgame
I'm back!
Chapter 32 • Real Or Not Real?
Somewhere in Chicago...
Chapter 33 • Earth to Gray
Chapter 34 • Grayson's POV

Chapter 26 • Trojan Virus

5.4K 169 111
Από ellexpierce

"What the hell did you do to Allison?" Kurt grabs me by the arm and jerks me towards him. A lot of eyes are now on us, watching as what looks like a war between Prescott and Lexus unfold.

Only Kurt will soon be a Lexus. If he choose to switch sides and garnered some balls to do so.

"What the hell are you talking about?" I ask, and for the record, I'm not faking it. I am really clueless. As far as I remember, I didn't do anything exaggerated to Allison. I only gave her a piece of my mind.

"Allison went back to our quarters, screaming blue murder and your name as if it were a curse," he says and something struck a nerve in me sending warning signals—red flags.

"Yeah, that sounds like Allison," I calmly take his hand off my arm and smile at him sarcastically. I may look collected as ever but my mind is racing and I'm itching to grab his throat and bury my nails in it.

           "So you didn't do anything? I thought you pulled a hair on her or something," Kurt scratches his head and I give him a seriously? kind of look.

           "And that sounds like you. Gullible and all," I smile and dashes away from him before I could even act out the scenario that's running in my mind.

If you come to think of it, Kurt said he got expelled out of the Prescott team and was treated as an outcast. Awhile ago, he mentioned 'our quarter' and as a former member of Prescott, I know we don't welcome those who aren't part of our team inside the four corners of the quarter. If he's really out of the game, then what the hell is he doing here in a showgame? Waving the traitor flag loud and proud?

And as if a light bulb pops in over my head, I got it all figured out. Kurt is not an outcast, neither is he a possible ally. He is Prescott's plan, a virus the wolves are planning to plant inside our walls.

I hurriedly work my way through the crowd to get to my teammates who effortlessly fell for Kurt's acting. I admit, I did too since he was so convincing and the fact that he's related to our Principal added more spice to his agenda.

Grayson's eyes zeroed on my as I walk towards him looking all dangerous and storming through the sea of people. I have to admit, his eyes and the way he stares at me deters my composure. I am the ice princess but damn this hellspawn is melting me.

"I know that look. What's going on?" he asks as I settle myself beside him, doing everything I can to make it discreet. Prescott must not notice that I already know. I could use this as an upperhand.

"You do? Then shut up," I snap, my eyes trained at the field where the closing ceremony is about to start.

Minutes passed and I can still feel his eyes in the side of my face. Even when on my ice princess state, Grayson thaws me.

I shake my head as I try to drown every single Kurt related thought inside my head but I really just couldn't. Kurt is a master of words, a real wordsmith if you're going to ask me so there's no wonder how he made it so easy to get into my teammates' good side.

Everything he said is true and that's what made him believable even though his intentions aren't pure. Sure, he confided in us regarding about his relationship with Principal, told mighty tales about my Prescott days and spoke so high of me but it's all a part of his devious plans to be the virus inside our fortress.

Once he's in Lexus, the facade will continue and I would like him to know that we're just going with his plans. Little did he know, I'm always one step ahead of them.

The event concluded and off we all go. After a few cheers for our teams and a numerous snide remarks coming from our rivalry schools, Sunday away-game finally came to an end.

"Okay, you need to snap out of that behaviour, Harley," Grayson exclaims, attracting every single person in the school bus.

"What's going on?" Austin asks, his glare directed to—of course—Grayson.

I am surprised that even at the bus, I'm sitting right next to him. This is what happens when I spend the entire hours drowning in my own thoughts. I have a team to prepare, former friends to plan against and mafia lords on my ass. How comforting that is, eh?

Grayson ignores Austin but not after he returns his glare. He then looks at me and nudges me slightly, "Harley?"

           I can't talk while Principal is around and it's not because he is Kurt's uncle and might take some action regarding the matter but because I really want to lure Kurt into our lair. The lesser Principal knows, the more chances he'll welcome the blood of his blood to his fortress.

           Principal Hayes will definitely give Kurt a special treatment and the whole school will do everything in their power to make him feel at home, because then again... that's Kurt's plans. I'd like to use that treatment and Kurt's belief that he has everyone wrapped around his finger as a cover up for our strategies. He will be blinded by the niceness of Lexus people that he will fail to see that we're already working under his nose.

           I need the Principal of Lexus and its students as distraction.

           "I'm just exhausted," I tell him but as soon as our eyes connect, I give him a meaningful look which he instantly gets and then nods in understanding.

           He rests his back on the chair making the air from inside of it blow softly to my face. The scent of the leather suddenly drifts my mind to the danger that's about to welcome me back to Chicago. My life is indeed exhausting. In every aspect, I just couldn't seem to take a break.

           As soon as the bus pulls down the road, Grayson twists his head and regards me with a different expression. He stretches his hand and I frown as I watch it go slowly reaches the other side of my face, my chin grazing over his forearm. He tucks a lose lock and then rubs his thumb against the skin of my cheek. "You will be alright," he tells me reassuringly as though he knows what I'm going through.

           "Rise and shine, you little bitch!" Bridget's voice rings in my ear and my eyes snap open.

           She is hovering over us, wearing a wide grin. US. As the realization dawns on me, I quickly pull my head off Grayson's shoulder and the bad boy chuckles with my horrified expression.

           "Uhhh, as much as I want to watch the two of you all day..." Bridget cuts in, still wearing a cheeky grin. "...Harley and I have some place to be."

           "And that is?" Grayson and I ask in unison. I send him a side glare which he counters with a blinding grin.

           "Home," she replies with a duh tone. "Why? Are you to planning to play house in here?"

           Exhausted and annoyed, I wave my hand in front of them and scurry out of the bus, not minding for a second if my bag hits anything particularly Grayson's face.

Weird but I kind of miss those days when Bridget reacts so violently everytime Grayson and I are close. But now, she said she could watch us all day sleeping side by side and she wouldn't mind.

We haul ourselves into his dad's car and we're both greeted with a loving smile. Doug has always been warmest dad amongst the four of them. My dad's the father of everyone but I'm sure as hell he won't act all mushy on anyone, not even to my brothers. That side of him only appears when I'm around. Jace's dad is more like the don't-fuck-with-me-when-I'm-not-in-the-mood kind of person and I guess that's because he's a doctor so the level of seriousness runs deep to his soul. And lastly, Austin's dad, the loudest of them all and the crankiest. But all in all, they're pranksters and annoying as hell.

"Are we going somewhere?" Bridget sarcastically asks her dad when we both notice Doug doesn't have any intentions on driving the car.

"Are you waiting for someone?" I ask, trying to neutralize Bridget's approach.

Doug points at someone using his pout and we follow it with our eyes. Walking towards the car are Jace and Austin who are talking to each other, not minding the mini audience they have as they walk with a hell lot of pageantry.

"This better be good," Bridget murmurs as Jace opens the door and Austin walks around to go to other side.

Are they really expecting me to sit in between them? I scoot to the side where Austin has just opened the door. The devil looks at Jace who's already sitting beside me and then he shoved so hard sending me tumbling to Jace's lap.

"Excuse me," Austin tries to make a straight face with what he did. He thinks it's funny?

"Are you for real?" I ask Austin and he responded with a loud bang on Doug's door.

"Hey!" Doug exclaims making the four of us jump. The realization of what Austin just did dawns on all of us and the devil grins shyly. "You know I love you like a son, boy. But be gentle with my car!"

"Sorry, Doug," Austin chuckles and before anyone of us could even react on many things, Doug floored the gas pedal and the sudden movement sent us all flying to the backrest of our seats.

My phone starts buzzing on my inside pocket and the vibration can be felt not just only by me but also by Jace who's glaring at it.

"Answer it, Harls. My leg's getting numb with the vibration," he complains.

As much as I want to, I'm afraid to do so. That could be Geoff and I can't afford any of them to see who's calling me so let it vibrate all it wants. Geoff can wait.

I can feel a sharp glare on the side of my face and when I turn to Austin, he's sporting the look he only wears when I'm around Grayson Levy.

Now, I don't know which is worse. My bestfriends seeing Geoff's name on the screen or them thinking it's freaking Grayson who's bothering me when we've only been apart for several minutes. I guess boys with the name starting with G will be the death of.

"Yeah, answer it," Austin urges—or more like ordered. His eyes are narrowing at my front pocket where the vibration continues.

The tension is growing, enough to make Doug steal glances at the three of us from his rearview mirror. Bridget happens to turn the same time my eyes land on her and as though she understands the reason why I can't answer it, she jumps to my defense. "Oh come on, idiot 1 and idiot 2. You spent days not talking to us and you guys are assuming all is fine?"

That's a good way of distracting them. I smirk at Bridget on my head and mouth a 'Thanks'.

"Your dad offered to bring us home. We can't just say no to him," Austin replies.

"There it is. Bring you two home, not place your noses on our businesses," Bridget spats back. And I have this feeling that this will go overboard.

"God, Bridget's being a bitch," Jace complains as he pinches the bridge of his nose and slumps back to his seat looking all frustrated and exhausted.

"And the two of you are just plain stupid. I wonder why my dad even offered you guys a ride home," Bridget grumbles.

"Because unlike you..." Austin leans forward so his face is near Bridget. "...your dad is nice and not a bitch."

"And the dad is here!" Doug finally exclaims, stopping the World War 100 from starting.

Their crestfallen faces grow into grins and in just a matter of second, the three are chuckling and all is fine with the Lexus Troublemakers again. And the idea of my phone going unanswered has left their minds.

A sense of relief flooded through me but it's immediately ceases as I realize, once I'm out of this car and in my house, the reality of my life on the line will smack me on the face. I will be alone without any of my brothers and my father looking after me. I'm not afraid. It's just that...

I have this odd feeling that I went through this before only that I wasn't alone and now that I don't have any of the boys with me, I feel so isolated and so defenceless.

"First stop..." Doug announces and pulls over the front of my house.

None of the boys have the intention to let me out and Doug probably has grown annoyed with their bickering so he climbs out of his car, opens the trunk, takes out my bag, opened Jace's side of the door and drags him out forcefully, making way for me.

"Ow!" Jace exclaims as Doug laughs.

"Come on, Harley. Rid yourself of these pests," he tells me with a beaming grin.

Doug loves us all and he surely does love picking on Jace because after all, Jace is the son of everyone. Too easy to love and to be with.

"Are you included?" Jace remarks, earning himself a thwack on the back of his head from Doug.

As soon as I'm out and fresh air terrorizes my lungs, the feeling of entering yet another world is making my head spin but I have to keep a straight face or they will offer to stay with me and I can't afford being with them when all else is getting chaotic in my other world.

"Call Luke," Doug says before kissing the top of my head and hauling himself inside his car. Jace does the same and they all wave goodbye before going back to the road.

As soon as they're out of sight, I hurriedly go inside my house. I fumble for the keys as though being inside will keep me undeniably safe. The door clicks opens just as when a motorbike roars and stops behind me. Son-of-a-b....

"I thought you're dead or something," Grayson voices calms—and annoys—everything in me at the moment. It's a good thing it's not Danvers.

I spin around and glare at him. "What do you want?"

Grayson pulls his helmet and presents his glorious face to my eyes. I blink uncomfortably with the sight of him. "I was calling you and you weren't—"

"That's you?!" I cut in and he nods. "Why the hell are you calling me?"

Apart from proving that Austin's hunch is right and yup, that is probably the worse than receiving a call from Geoff... Grayson's call is really unexpected.

"I need to know you're alright," he says and when my face morphs into something that tells him oh-is-that-so?, he blushes in embarrassment.

Grayson swings his leg over his bike—I didn't know he drives one—and gets off of it. "It's not what you think."

"Whatever helps you sleep at night, Levy," I wink at him and he chuckles.

"Oh... so you're flirting with me now?" he counters and the horror on my face with what he just said made him guffaw. "I'm just kidding. I was talking about your attitude before you joined us for the closing ceremony."

That...

My head starts pounding but not that wild to put me down again. I have a lot of things going on in my mind today and it's stressing my dysfunctional brain.

"It's about Kurt," I tell him and his face turns from happy to dead serious.

"Did he touch you?" he growls and my face contorts into disgust, making him sigh in relief.

"Did you get enough balls to the head, Levy?" I counter and glare at him.

"Sorry, it's just that... your face then... it was..." he was stuttering, unable to tell me straight up and as much as I hate to admit it, I can see he's very concern of me.

"Just get over here, Levy," I tell him as I roll his eyes. Does he really expect us to talk with a few feet between us?

"Harley, if you——"

"Don't fucking sexualize this, Levy. Or I won't talk to you," I cut him before he gets to the part where he's going to feed his already oversized ego.

He raises his hand as he strides toward me, grinning to himself. If only he's not an ass and if he doesn't have this glitch with my friends that made me hate him in the first place, Grayson is a good person to keep.

"Okay, captain," Grayson starts when we're at arm's length.

I drop my bag on the floor and walk towards the seat on our porch. I am not inviting him to do the same and fortunately, he didn't. He leans his back against the wall, crosses his arms making his muscles bulge even more.

"Crawford's not an ally," I drop it just like that.

Grayson's eyebrows shoot up. "Look, Gold. I know you and Kurt are not in the best of terms but that guy is actually nice and he deserves to be with us."

Of course, he'll side with him given the fact that Kurt has just fed his ego and gave them advice on how to face my demons. Kurt managed to get to their good sides, like they planned to.

I shake my head. "You're not totally stupid, Grayson," I put emphasis on the word totally to somehow hit on him. "Sure, Crawford's got all the beautiful things he can offer to Lexus because just like me, he's from Prescott. But he is not an ally, Levy."

"So you're suggesting?"

"I'm not suggesting. I'm sure," I keep my face as cold and as empty as possible because the more I think of Kurt, the more I want to retaliate. Plus my head is not doing any better so.

"He is Principal's nephew, Harley," he justifies him and I scoff.

"See? With all the facts laid out for him, Kurt's way of getting into us was effortless. I can't believe I for once even considered on taking him with us," I huff out a frustrated sigh.

There's a short silence between the two of us and we both just stare at each other. And in that silence, Grayson comes into consideration with what I'm saying.

"So, Kurt's not an ally?"

"He's a virus, Levy. Planted by Prescott and easily adapted by our team," I declare.

"Can you elaborate further?" Grayson asks and I can see he's struggling on grasping the fact that he's possible new friend is anything but.

And just before I open my mouth to start explaining things—because to be honest, Grayson's the only person I'm planning to be with me as I work on my plan with Kurt—the resident bad boy pushes himself up and is on hostile mode.

"What the fuck are you doing here?!" he growls.

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

Chasing Charming ✔️ Από Kayla

Εφηβική Φαντασία

29.6K 978 28
Complete! "You know I really like you, right?" He was definitely drunk. "You do?" I asked. My voice was supposed to be teasing, but I think it ca...
1.1M 29.1K 66
It's hard having a crush, but it's harder having a crush on the asshole bad boy. /////////// Harley Deyes doesn't have a best friend. She doesn't hav...
I Will Love You Forever ✔️ Από j.k

Εφηβική Φαντασία

153K 4.6K 33
Completed "What the hell do you think you're doing?" I asked, glaring at him while he forcefully dragged me out of class. "You told me you need help...
Severed Lies Από Anesthesia

Εφηβική Φαντασία

14.1K 1.1K 43
He is a ruthless, invincible, notorious bad boy who is broken with indiscreet, volatile emotions, hiding a dark secret. She is a compassionate, inno...