The Materialists | Book 1 + 2...

Od Kujiis

[ FINISHED - unedited ] ❝How do I... How do I stop them?" "You want to stop them?" Rachel raised an eyebrow. ... Více

00
00.5
prologue + disclaimer
01 | Gold Digger
02 | Gucci is Slutty
03 | Social Suicide
04 | Pre-fuckup Plans
05 | Pretty boys
06 | Bathroom sex
07 | Cake Face
08 | A Party for the Privileged
09 | She's Too Perfect
10 | The Queen Bee is a Bitch
11 | The Real Devil Is Never Disguised
12 | The Beginning of the Beginning
13 | You Aren't Important Enough
The Invitation
15 | The People in Power are Fools
16 | Bruised Apple
17 | You play Chess, I play Checkers
18 | The Game Of Life
19 | Lucifer is a Saint
20 | Tic-Tac-Toe
21 | You Should Be Scared
22 | She Is Temporary
23 | You can drown or you can die
THE DYNASTY {} Book 2
Cast & Playlist {} Book 2
01 | im only famous in AUS
02 | this is the GIRLS bathroom
03 | I make allies not friends
04 | you'd be a terrible businesswoman
05 | the queen bee is a bitch, pt 2.
06 | there's always something to be tired of
07 | but please don't hate me
08 | so no goodbye?
09 | this isn't a formal gathering
10 | dogs get the scraps
11 | every story has two sides
12 | a devils resurrection
13 | the queen hasn't fallen, yet
14 | always one step behind
15 | scared of the crown
16 | you are officially fucked
17 | one last gesture
18 | the lonely king that was never alone
19 | you weren't thinking
20 | the truth
21 | do I look like a cat person to you?
22 | but I missed you
23 | shes her mothers daughter
24 | so I'm not allowed to care?
25 | we can figure this out
26 | comfort and closure
27 | self control
28 | one-way ticket
29 | the good kind of selfish
30 | In a while crocodile
31 | farewell, _____ _____
Epilogue
Authors Q&A

14 | Champagne for the Sane

5.2K 191 84
Od Kujiis

. I told her just call me Zues .

THE CLOCK JUST HIT 9:00 PM, and I'd been eagerly waiting for the first party to show up. I knew Leah, Ryan, Yasmin, and their friends would show up exactly on time. They feared me and being late much more than the A-listers did. And that's what I was scared of, even the slightest bit because I wasn't very scared at all. I was worried that they wouldn't show up at all. Of course, I was almost 98% sure they would, Tao would love to try to figure out what I had planned, even though I actually had nothing planned. I called in my cook to prepare some party-worthy yet classy food, and she was cooking quickly and quietly in the kitchen as I sat at the table, listen to my playlist being played over the speaker. Later that week, I found that my friends from New York were stopping by to visit. Well, not visit at all, actually. They all had meetings for business down here and it was way too easy to convince them to show up. At least for the first party, I wanted it to feel more...like a party.

And it helped that no one from here knew my American friends. Their parents as well were very wealthy but also unknown. I was also aware of the fact Tao would try to squeeze information out of me from them, so I gave them a headsup, sending a picture to our group chat of what the A-listers looked like and not to give any information about my past life to here. I was sure they wouldn't because I added in a little threat. Our parents worked in the same line of companies, and since my parents were more valued and higher up on the social ranking there, not high enough that the public eye would know them, but high enough to fire their parents. Honestly, anything was as easy as the snap of your fingers if you had money.

But I had it all sorted out. My closet had a private elevator down to the main floor, and once I had greeted everyone, I'd disappear in the fog of chatter and the music. Through the security cameras, I would be able to see and hear everything. All I had to do was wait in the security room I had access to, and watch it all unfold. Honestly, at this point, I was just making bets with myself on how long it would take Yasmin and Ryan to get on each other's last nerve and one of their socalled 'friends' record it all and post it on social media. Of course, if they didn't I would. 

I was wearing a much too extra red dress that came dangerously close to exposing my boobs, and a diamond watch, necklace, and ring to replace the pearls. I felt powerful, again. I felt like the only thing stopping me was myself, and why would I ever stop myself when it was so much fun? Yes, I must admit it. Ruining the lives of people who ruined other's is so much fun. I finally saw what they saw. A game, it was all a game. And if somehow, someway I managed to lose, I could easily say game over and go to college. 

It wasn't a big deal for me, because I didn't care about them. I cared about me, and I wanted to be the queen. I felt...evil almost. Like I didn't want to stop even if I got to the top. I wanted to keep going with this game because playing them like toys seemed more like a hobby now, and I'd want to pursue it.

But who cares? Certainly not me.

"Ryan, Leah, Ladies!" I greeted them, ushering them inside the apartment where the couches were moved into a storage room, replaced by a flatscreen TV playing Scream Queens and loud music covering up the audio. They were dressed in their finest party dresses, as far as I could tell compared to what they normally wore.

The large group stepped inside, greeting me with hugs I easily dismissed. I wasn't a hugger. "Thanks for the invite," Leah and Ryan said, but I could tell they were nervous. Overall, I kind of did force them to show up. 

"No problem. Make yourself at home, everyone else should be arriving very short-," Before I could even finish the doorbell rang again. "There they are, actually."

A group of at least 15 people appeared at my door. Smiling at the familiar faces I never thought I'd see again after moving, I hugged all of them, mostly because I didn't have a choice as they were already surrounding and squishing me with hugs. I almost forgot. You see, back in America, I was more known as the peppy, usually drunk, popular party girl. Everyone loved me, which worked back then, but here, if no one feared me I'd get nowhere. I felt a ping of sadness and homesick, but it went away much too quickly. As much as I cared for these people, they weren't my friends. I don't have any friends. I'd used all of my real ones to my advantage and I'm not ashamed to admit I dropped them the second I made it to the top. 

Maybe that's why I'm so excited to take down the A-listers. Because no one I'd ever met in the past 4 years had meant anything to me. I look at them like building blocks that I'll use in my path to success. 

The next to arrive was Yasmin and her group, and then the A-listers. Tao walked in first, wearing one of her nicer dresses as well. Which is saying a lot because all of her clothes cost thousands. Next was Brandy, Isaia, Ace, Zia, Cajes, and Sonny. They might've looked like Gods, but I felt like Zeus. I was their King, their Queen, their superior. Tao walked straight up to me first.

"You left today, after handing out the stupid invitations," She commented. "You looked like an idiot."

I only smiled. I looked powerful, and she knew it. Why else would she be so mad about a card? "Maybe to you I did," I said, shrugging.

Tao rolled her eyes, and the A-lister's quickly made themselves comfortable. My American friends were chatting busily away with almost everyone, God they were so different. My heart leaped of joy when I noticed Yasmin and her group sending daggers across the room at Ryan, who was staring back in the midst of her conversation.

I decided it was a great time to leave, it would be so easy to disappear with the dim lights and blaring music. The champagne in my glass tasted almost like water but a little sweeter, something so light I wouldn't even get close to tipsy sipping on it. I swirled it around, looking out among the crowd of people. It was like I owned them. I was about to stand up when Isaia appeared next to me, sitting at the counter.

"Having fun?" He asked, moving strangely close to me. I bet you a million dollars he'd use this party as a way to steal a kiss or a piece of my heart.

"As much fun as a sober person can have," I replied, glancing over to him. He was wearing a black velvet Yves Saint Laurent suit that revealed much of his chest.

"We could always change that," Of course. I knew this would be how he'd try to seduce me. Get me drunk. And if I didn't know his plan, that would've worked extremely well considering how I can't handle my alcohol, as well as I should be able to by this point.

"I'm fine with what I'm drinking now, but you feel free to rummage the wine cabinet," I nodded my head towards a little area in the kitchen where bottles upon bottles of beer, wine, and champagne were located.

"What happened to loosen up? Just taking your advice," Isaia smirked, getting up and quickly returning with two glasses and a wine bottle. He poured a bit in each glass, before handing one to me despite the half-finished drink already in my hand, and took a sip of his own.

"I'm not interested," I set the glass down on the counter, continuing to slowly sip on the mostly water drink.

"Come on, Laura. It's a party, one sip won't hurt, will it?" He pushed, reaching behind me, his hand brushing up against my exposed back. Goosebumps rose on my skin, and I wanted to slap him away, but I didn't. I remained calmed, composed, I remained unchanged.

"Maybe not. But I'm not a fan of wine, I've recently been preferring this champagne," I held up the glass higher so he'd get a see that I was already drinking something. I wonder if he knew I noticed he grabbed the strongest wine on the counter.

"Please, that thing? There's almost no alcohol in that," He raised an eyebrow.

"Just as I like it."

He sighed, tugging at the hem of his suit. "Then we should play a game."

"A game?" I laughed a little. How ironic, suggesting we play a game as if we aren't already playing one.

"You like games, right?"

"Depends on the kind," I answered, raising an eyebrow.

He smirked, "I have just the game for you. It's quite easy to play, actually. You pick anyone in this room and try to tell what they're thinking."

"Seems...easy," I replied. I need to lead him on, lead him to think I'm innocent and clueless. "You first?"

Isaia nodded, glancing around the room quickly before pointing at Jasmine. One of my friends from America. She was dancing happily with Chris, another one of my friends. Friends. "You see her?" He waited until I nodded before continuing. "She's probably not drunk, and probably not even into that guy she's dancing with. She's trying to make someone jealous. I'm guessing that guy with the brown hair and blue eyes, with the freckles."

I tried not to laugh, I tried not to cackle. Jasmine had been into Chris since the beginning of time and had been on and off since Freshman year of high school. I would've mentioned that, but I could tell Isaia was lying. He knew that he was wrong, and he was just making easy stuff up, stuff that could be used as leverage. He wanted opinions not facts. I could tell by the way he knew it so precisely. He didn't have to think, he'd already been thinking about it. "Your turn."

I pursed my lips, looking out among my friends before smirking. Pointing at Yasmin, I nudged Isaia's arm. "Yasmin is going to go off on Ryan any second now."

"Well, obviously, Laura. They hate each other," Isaia laughed, but it was restricted. It wasn't an easy laugh. He wanted more. "You suck at this game."

I laughed in return, making sure to keep it bouncy. "I guess I do," We sat there for at least 30 more seconds before I stood up. "I should probably go talk to Yasmin, make sure nothing happens, you know?"

Isaia nodded, standing up as well. "I'm going to go find Tao."

We parted, and I waited for him to disappear in the crowd of dancing Americans before hurrying to my bedroom door and pushing it open. The sly smile across my face never faded so fast in my life.

"Brandy. What are you doing in here?"

Song Of The Chapter:

Somehow we bounced from 100 reads to 200 in one day! That's actually insane! Thank you so much for reading and I hope you enjoy it. I'd just like to say sorry if Laura seems a little like a bitch. I wanted to display her as the literal Queen and someone who could easily take down the A-listers rather than a wimpy girl wanting a chance in the spotlight, you know?

Anyway, please don't forget to comment and vote! Also I'd like you to listen to the songs before, while, or after you read because some of them really set the mood for the chapter and make the reading experience better. (In my opinion).

Question: Opinions on Rachel? Is she sketch or Nah?

Question: Have you guys noticed any plotholes or grammar mistakes I need to fix? I usually miss them when reading the story myself.

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

4.6M 142K 48
BOOK ONE OF THE ELITE SERIES. After being expelled for the third time, this time for breaking a misogynistic teacher's bones, the secret billionaire...
129K 5.4K 24
❝Mysterious," he hummed in amusement. "I like it. Are you new then, mystery girl?❞ - High school is like a game of chess. You have to gamble the move...
4.6K 184 34
𝐒𝐢𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐄𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐧 was raised from the ground up knowing nothing but comparison and perfection. She compared herself to her successful parent...
7.8K 309 80
" Charity Service Group " yep that's a real thing in Elmhurst High School . What do you think will happen when a girl enters through that group? Y...