Contract Marriage 2 (Sample)

By AshlehQueen

Nervous? No, This word cant even start to explain the way I was feeling right now. Caressing my bump I assure... More

Prologue and Characters
The New Year
It's Broke
A day out!
Fredrick Erno
A friend in need, again.
Fiona
An angel
Toxic
His rival
The revelation

Closure

27.7K 1.7K 160
By AshlehQueen

This is to announce one book worth anyone's attention and that is Ex Mrs. Martins by Prexeles
She is awesome. I hope that you people have fun reading her work.
*******************
Please, leave comments. I will try to reply to each of you. 

"Where were you?" My mom asked looking at Evelyn. My mother's stare was enough to send shivers downright my whole body. I just held my sister's hand more tightly.

"She is talking to me, J! Let me deal," she whispered in her mouth just audible enough for me.

Words, Evelyn!" My mom yelled while Mrs. Adams tried to cool my mom down by patting her shoulder but one look at her face was enough to tell anyone that she was breaking.

"It's not what you think; I was there for J's regular checkup." My sister answered with confidence.

"Don't you dare lie; I got this in our house." My mom gritted the words showing my positive pregnancy strip while her eyes were shedding tears.

"Mom, this,...."Evelyn trailed off while I was freaking out. I felt Evelyn's hands getting cold.

"Mom, it's me," My voice came out more like a whisper and I heard Grace's sarcastic laugh.

"Mom, it's my friends', " while Evelyn lied at the same time. But the reaction from my mother was unexpected. Throwing that pregnancy strip she yelled, "Is this a joke to you?"

I shook by her reaction but next, my mom burst up. "I always knew you will be like your sl*tty mother, Evelyn! I was so wrong to think that the brought up can make a difference. "

"Mom!" I yelled to make an attempt to stop her but the damage was already done. I looked at Evelyn who didn't show any surprise at her face.

"Good, It's me, you got it right, I am exactly like her, Now what?" She replied quite rudely and ran up to the stairs.

"Evelyn," I called, "You don't talk to me like that!" My mother yelled behind her while I looked at Grace who was sitting there unfazed and only trying to look sympathetic.

"You should leave," I almost spat at her while she seems to be dumbfounded looking at my annoyed face. But that was it, this woman needed help. She should know better than to be in others' matters.

"Trust me, Jane, you should,...." Grace started to say but I cut her off saying,

"LEAVE!" My voice was so loud that it made my mom look at me but I didn't care because it seems to be working as Grace put the cup on the table and got her bag to leave.

"Thank God, we are not related to you people anymore," We all heard her say as she left.

I was about to make my way upstairs to Evelyn when I heard Mrs. Adams say, "Breath, Elle, breathe," I looked back to find my mother having an asthma attack and shoot for the kitchen to get her inhaler. Even after ten minutes, she was not getting normal.

"I am going to take her to hospital," I heard Mrs. Adams say. Nodding my head in agreement, I head to try Evelyn's door. "Evelyn, open up, mom is having an asthma attack. We are going to the hospital,"

She didn't take much time to open the door. I tried to look at her face but she had her face down and quickly made her way past me. I, too, made my way to my car and we drove behind Mrs. Adam's car.

"You are not going to tell about your pregnancy," Evelyn said,

"Why? I have already told her," I raised my brow.

"And she didn't believe you. If you want her to get well, you are not going to tell her, Either find some man or never tell anyone at home." Freaking out, she was talking nonstop and even burst at the end.

My stomach dropped. It was just too much to take. Best day of my life turned out to be the worst day in my sister's life or maybe not,

"For how long you knew this," I asked,

"It's been two years; she screamed the truth at me when I failed my first semester. You were in your things at that time, you know," She replied looking straight.

I can only imagine the trouble she went through. If I was getting through a divorce, my family was going through hell too. There is no way that I will make my family go through all of this again. At least, not because of me.

"Then, what we are going to tell her?" I asked as I pulled the car in front of the hospital.

"At least not this," She said pointing at my belly and I was hurt. Can't I have a single person around me who would truly be happy for me? Maybe not today.

We went to see mom and waited until the doctor said that she was alright. Evelyn talked to mom and tried to explain to her that she was not pregnant and it was really her friend's strip. Well, my mom believed her after she made her went through tests. And, it was getting awful with each passing second. About her friend, Evelyn said that she doesn't want to reveal the name and getting back home my mother's lectures Evelyn for not having a friend like this was a whole other story.

At night, I tried to sleep but all I could recall how much of a failure sister I was, how the day I find out about my pregnancy went, and not to mention it was the first day of this new year.

The morning was awkward. Dad, Ryan, and my brother Jake sensed something but didn't speak. I, on the other hand, tried to reason with Evelyn but she had only one thing to say,

"You will leave, before mom senses something."

"Evelyn, this is not practical. She has to deal with it, someday." I tried to reason weakly as I watched her packing my suitcase. I knew Evelyn had been through a lot since yesterday but she can at least try to process that I am not wrong either.

Busy in packing things she replied, without looking at me, "You can come when you have some man beside you, find someone, or anyone. But until then don't come here,"

"Are you for real?" I almost choked out the words.

"Are you for real?" She barked the words at me. I looked at her eyes that seemed red.

"I am sorry," I whispered, and this made her stop browsing my closet as she came with her open arms to me. Just like, she used to do when she was a kid and came at top of me hugging hard.

"You are no kid, Evelyn and I am pregnant," I tried to remind her that I am sure she can't forget anytime soon. This made her slide beside me and looked at the ceiling saying,

"You don't need to be sorry. I wish I could have done more. I can offer you some money if you want but take good care of yourself". She said but her voice cracked.   

"Do you love him?" I asked. I don't know who that kid at school was who played her but I wanted to ask her this thing for so long.

"He is a jerk," She replied, she looked so lost and my heart ached for her. She was so young to go through any of this.

"Let' get you a Louis Vuitton bag," I said and she looked at me like I have grown two horns and replied,

"You do realize that you shouldn't waste your money when you are, you know expecting,"

"Well, let's just say it's your 16th birthday gift. If I won't be here, at least my present will be," I replied,

"I think it makes sense." She replied I know it can't reverse her damage but can surely take her mind off of things. We went to buy her bag in the evening and my mom was happy after days thinking I am doing very well at L.A. I never told her that I only own fifteen thousand dollars and spent almost three on the bag.

I took my family out for lunch. I just wanted to celebrate and only Evelyn knew the true reason. The rest of the members believed that it is for Evelyn's birthday that was still weeks due. My mother tried to make up with Evelyn by giving her early present too that was a Toyota Corolla but only allowed her to drive once she completes her proper driving lessons. I guess she was lacking in this department too and can never focus on anything.

The day went well and I informed my people that I will be going back to L.A, the day after tomorrow as I have some important engagements I can't delay.

We were making our way out of the restaurant and Evelyn was literally jumping like a kid while Ryan was making fun of her about something she is a loser at but her happy mood didn't seem to care. My parents took their car while we all decided to try Evelyn's new car that Jake was going to drive. Jake went to take that car when I noticed some familiar figures coming from the parking lot.

It was Paul, Amanda, and their daughter. Amanda had her daughter in her arms and was wearing a beautiful white dress with a fur coat. Her lipstick was popping out perfect. But for some reason, I can see the hollow in that woman's eyes.

We all saw each other but decided to ignore. Something so unbelievable flashed through my mind and I looked at the couple again. But this time my whole focus was that little girl. Nothing in that baby girl looks similar to Paul. Her eyes, hair, and face everything matched to her mother. And, this thing didn't let me sleep the whole night. Was my marriage destroyed by someone's lies? Things must have been different greatly if that woman hadn't lied.

I made my way to Paul's house in the morning. Determined to tell him that I am pregnant and I was never lacking I got out of my car. I was sure that the baby was not his and he and his mother are just too blind to notice.

But the moment I saw him playing with that little girl on the lawn. My feet froze. What I was going to do and why? If Paul was bringing up someone else's kid thinking as his own, it shouldn't concern me. If that woman lied to break my marriage she gets a husband like Paul in return. They got what they deserved but my revelations will only make this little girl suffers. Everyone was where they should be. Somewhere they belonged and deserved. All of this changed my mind. I knew I got my closure and turned my back to the house that I once owned and found so dear to my heart. 

I wish you never have single trouble in your life. I thought, keeping my hand to my belly and started the engine of my car. 

Carol called me in the evening and I told her about me coming back to L.A. the next day. I didn't tell her about my plan to sell that apartment as my mom was sitting beside me at that time and I didn't want her to ask unwanted questions. At night, Evelyn came into my room and we watched her favorite Marvel movies. She took a promise from me to mail her my pictures from time to time. And, I didn't forget to pack all the jewelry Alex sent me. I planned to return all these or maybe tell him about my pregnancy.

Everything went smooth in the morning. I chose to wear a knee-length blue dress and bid my farewell to my family on a happy note. Ryan and Jake were leaving too and Evelyn couldn't be happier to have the whole house to her.

Letting out a sigh I started my laptop to scroll my feed and looked at all the questions that I had yet to answer on my blog. Oh, Jane, you should take your work seriously if you want to provide for your kid. I thought and smiled. I was still in my thoughts when the announcement for my flight was made. Getting my carry on, I made my way when the call from Evelyn stopped me in my tracks and someone bumped into me. I was landing to floor head straight when I felt an arm around my waist pulling me.

"I am sorry," I felt a minty breath on my ear. Turning my face I looked up to find a pair of green eyes as I tried to get on my feet. 

Can you please leave a vote or follow my Wattpad account. I will be thankful. 

Thank you so much for leaving the votes on my request. I am happy with the outcome.

I know English is not my first language and I made a lot of mistakes that are repulsive at times. But I promise to edit my books once I finish them. I will not start any new project before I edit my previous books.

You can point out the mistakes but at least don't say that I shouldn't be writing or something. It sounds rude. Because I know it is not that bad. It is just a little mistake here and there. And, I am just one person and human error can happen.

Instagram: theashlehqueen

Twitter: AshlehQ

Facebook page: Ashleh Queen 

The next update will be up in a few hours. Just know that story hasn't even started yet. How can the story start even start if there is no Alex? But again I am telling you all that he will appear. So,..... Relax.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 34.2K 66
WARNING: THIS BOOK IS CUTE, HOT, SWEET, SEXY, ROMANTIC, MUSSY, DRAMATIC, EMOTIONAL, INTENSE. Beware. EXTRACT (SUMMARY BELOW): “Like father, like son...
400K 7.7K 22
Rated R "Please, faster," I begged but he didn't oblige. "No, my control, my pace," he said. Then, I felt his lips on mine as he continued easing in...
13.3K 463 20
"Well, well, well. Guess who's back? But what takes you too long, I've missed you already." "You're a monster!" "I did all of this for you, but they...
1.1M 24.6K 43
"I am pregnant, " I say looking into his eyes intensely but his face is emotionless. "what? " he asks stunned, he paces around for a few minutes "I...