The revelation

The screen haunted me. If Simon was calling it means,

"Hello," I tried my best that I don't sound too shock.

"Mr. Erno," He said,

"And, what the fu*k you have been doing all this time." I roared while my brain processed all the events quite fast. Is this why he was asking me to attend his party?

"Frederick Erno, he is visiting Jane's sweets quite often," He replied,

"What the fu*k did you say?" I gritted,
"It's her bakery. You asked me to only disturb you if there is any prospective suitor around her."

"Simon," I huffed,
"Tell me, every fu*king detail."

"Miss Monroe has started a bakery a few days ago. And Mr. Erno had given them a huge order for his upcoming campaign party. This is the reason that he visit their bakery quite often and I saw him always taking more interest in Miss Monroe. But recently, he has asked for Jane's presence in their event to manage their confectionary."

"Where is this place?" I asked,
"It is the same place in South Lane where Fiona used to work." He replied and my mind was haywire.

She started her business and Simon didn't believe I need to know. But then, I was the one who asked him to never disturb me much.

I was breathing heavily when I went to the parking. But I was angry at myself. Why the hell on the earth even the thought of her beside someone else was enough to kill me. But I knew there was no time to hate myself. I knew Frederick somehow knew that she was my weakness and he was only approaching her to hurt me. And, she doesn't deserve this. She was kind and stupid enough to fall for his trap but I wouldn't want this for her. Because this congestion in my chest was enough to inform me that I wanted her. No matter what it will cost I wanted her.

Pulling my car in front of that bakery I admired the infrastructure. It was always a good location but she painted the walls in white. I saw Carol offering samples while the banners suggest to some promotional activity.

So, you wanted a huge order. Right? All I could think about was to make her stop to go to Erno's event.

I called the first person who came into my mind, "Hey Dan, just know that I am offering you all the confectionery at your wedding and that includes your wedding cake too,"

"But,....." He was about to say something when I interrupted.
"Of course, if you don't want me to tell that sweet fiance of your's that little encounter in Miami."

"But Sarah wants something she wants to have. Because it's her fu*king wedding." He argued,

"Ask her to have it from Jane's sweets. Whatever she wants or where ever she wants. I will pay." I offered,

"I will try to talk to her, Alex. But our wedding is in five days. We had to cancel the previous orders...." He could have continued but I cut him off.

"Don't, just send it to some orphanage. It will be on me, too." I offered,

"Is there anything else you want to decide for me?" He asked,

"Yes, you will ask that person Jane to personally be there in all of the events,..... to look for the things," I ordered,

"Wait, is this the same Jane you are going to marry?" He asked and I cut the call.

In the next days, Dan called me and kept me informed. I get to know that Sarah was more impressed by Jane's work and services. And knowing it is for free Sarah appreciated it even more.

The day finally came. I was thrilled that Jane won't be going to his party. I was not going to Erno's campaign party because I had a more important event to attend to, Dan's wedding.

I, so, looked forward to meeting Jane. And claiming back what's mine. I knew we had to work on a lot of things. But I knew she will agree to work out things with me. I knew I had to be more flexible about Fiona because I had heard she is so close to her nowadays and cared about her like her own daughter.

Or we might get married on the same day as I decided previously. I smiled as I passed my butler and got out to where my driver had the door opened for me.

The venue was the backyard of Dan's huge mansion. Only two hundred people were invited. But I couldn't help but look for the sweets.

And, there she was. I looked at her back. Her pink dress had a V-cut on the back and hair was neatly set into the low bun. Everything about her was plain and humble. The traits I never thought can lurk me into the extent that everything seemed to revolve around her.

I went to the long stall where she was talking to one of the guests. I didn't hear what they were talking about when I asked for her attention.

"Hello, Jane."
She turned and her face became a shade lighter. She was startled when her eyes went up to look at me while I couldn't look away from her mouth. Especially when I knew how sweet it would taste.

"Hello," She managed a little smile and look around. I knew I had an effect on her. And, this was enough to know that this territory was still mine.

"How are you doing?" She asked,
"Not, good," I said and she looked at me surprised.
"I crave for you. I don't want this Jane's sweet,...." I pointed to all those colorful confectionery.
"... I want my sweet Jane." I said while I tried my best not to look at her chest. Because it seems quite full. Maybe it was the dress that made her look this way.

Please, let's work on this. I am ready to take in Fiona, too. All I want is you. I can't,..." This time I looked at her left hand that came to rest on her belly.

Is she fat? But this fat seems so weird. Is she ill?

"What happened?" I asked gawking at her belly.
"Are you fine?" I added while I walk around the table to have a look at her better.

She wasn't fat anywhere else but her belly protrudes a lot than normal. No one, can put on weight in just a month or maybe you can do when you run a bakery.

"Please, tell me you are fine," I asked a little loud that made her jump a little but I couldn't care, I was so worried for her.

An old lady beside us, slurred while filling her plate with cupcakes. "Watch your tone, with your pregnant wife,"

My mind went numb. She was what?
"Jane,...." I breathed.

I felt my feet cold. It never happened before except that one time when I was told my mother was dead.

"I am_am pregnant." She managed to say, and every fu*king thing stopped. 

****************

You can read the whole book on Booknet.com now

The price will be $2.99. And, you will get access to the whole book.

The name of the site is Booknet.com