An angel

Dedicated to my very old readers
loly9991
LeylaRasooli
gurdia_magon
DodiHasan
upreeto

It's been fifteen minutes since I sent a message to Carol to inform her about my arrival. Taking my hair drier and robe, I went to my bathroom.

"Is it good?" I asked Fiona who was sitting in my bathtub while I hanged the robe and placed my hair drier there.

"Thank you," She mumbled and I passed a smile to her. Her blue eyes and natural blonde hair were amazing but her face looked dull and eyes baggy.

"I will be waiting outside," I said and left to make some hot chocolate milk when the door to my apartment was knocked.

Checking from the peephole I saw Carol and opened the door. She walked passed me to the couch when I offered,
"Hot chocolate?"
"Please," She replied,

I went to prepare three glasses and was working on it when my phone chimed.
The ID showed it to be a message from Alex.
And I clicked to read, Why the hell on the earth you went to your apartment? I want you at my place and you have until I am home.

I read the message and ignored it. Preparing three glass I get to where Carol was sitting and noticed Fiona getting out.

"Come here," I invited her to take a seat beside me while Carol who seems a little lost seeing a pregnant teenager girl didn't take more than a few seconds to get a hold on her facial expression and passed a little smile to Fiona while I know she is impatiently waiting for me to tell her everything.

"Carol, this is Fiona and Fiona, Carol is my friend and the only person I know in L.A, and Carol, Antonio has to be given money by us. But don't worry we still have a week." I said in a breath and Carol's face dropped.

"I had two before," She replied monotonously and my jaw dropped because I accepted Antonio's challenge without knowing we had two weeks previously.

"I am sorry," I mumbled,

"What does Alex offered?" She asked,
"Alex,...." I tried to lie but couldn't make myself to hide my wrongdoings.
"Actually, Antonio offered to let you off without having a penny but,...." I trailed off again.

"But what Jane,..." She asked and I responded,

"I saw him bullying this little girl here and I couldn't stay out of it. And I,...." I recalled the event.

"I told him very mean things and, and he offered that this girl's punishment can be relaxed but he won't offer Carol any concession but, but the way he told me this was so demeaning. Like he was telling me that I am nothing and then I told him off that his money will be sent to him. And this made Antonio angry and he told Alex to tame me but Alex sitting there said that as his fiance I can do whatever I want so I took the girl and his car and told his driver to drive me here at my apartment."

I said in a breath and could feel my hands getting cold.

"You are what?" Both women shouted.
"I am what, what..." I asked,
"You said you are Alex's fiance," Carol reminded me,
"About that,..." I wanted to make it clear but Carol chirped, "It means he will help you out, half a million is nothing for him," She seems excited,

"But I will never accept his money," I said in a hurry.
"But why?" Carol asked,
"Because I am not related to him." I cleared my stance.
"But you are his fiance," She asked in confusion this time.