Lovers

By villageisaglow

Harper and Patrick Alwyn are ready for their lives to be normal. They want to settle down and escape from the... More

False Alarm
Poor Little Girl
New York Is Calling
Early Morning Flight
Sing
Press Release
New Friends
Only Three Months
Suitcase
Ring Of Keys
London Boy
Panic
When I Grow Up
Nothing Holding Her Back
Gorgeous
Royal Albert Hall
Tech Week
Packing
See You Again
Dress Rehearsal
Charming
After Party
Secret Moments
Afternoon Naps
Stress
Save The Tears For The Subway
Smoothies
And Juliet
Medicine
Being Apart
Results
Something's Up
Tell The Truth
It's Real
Adapting
A Special Time
An Ocean Away
Moving In
Explanations
Uncomfortable
Pack A Suitcase
Reunited
Where The Heart Is
One Last Time
Speeches
Ours
No Place Like Home
One More Thing
Parents
After Dinner
Dance With You
Tonight Belongs To You
Drinks
Goodnight
Heartbeat
Naughty
In The Mirror
Her Mum
Stressed
Costume Party
Shopping
Practically Perfect
It's A...
Biggest And Best Adventure
Kicking
Sunrise, Sunset
Welcome, Christmas
New Year's Day
In Two Weeks
Keep No Secrets
Plans
Useless
Your Childhood Room
Frustrated
Shower
Black Swan
What's In A Name?
When I Drive
Up In The Nursery
I'll Know
Heart Full Of Love
Easter Bunny
Grandparents
For Good
Pretty Perfect
A Warning
Catch Up
New Kind Of Normal
Reunion
Daddy's Little Girl
Moments Like These
On The Town
Close My Eyes And Leap
Takeaway Pizza
Darkest Night
Lullaby Of The City
Make It Work
Something On Her Mind
The Dream I Dreamed
Spilling The News
Fantine
Somewhere Beyond The Barricade
Keep Her Legacy Alive
Frustrating
Hold The Baby
Drink With Me
Unruly Heart
Letters
Request
In The Morning
Costume Party
Family Time
Fantine Sisters
Screaming And Crying
Appointment
Diagnosis
Another Op'nin Another Show
Opening Night Press Gala
Kindness
One-Ended Conversation
Smitten
Honesty
Call To The Stands
In The West End
Permanent
Three Months
Press Day
Lullabies
An Offer
Accepting
I Wonder...
Many Questions
Shine
New Adventure
No Way To Stop It
Soft Start
Growth
Harsh
Change
Pretty
Therapy
Surprise
Out Of Bed
Flowers
Smoothies
On The Barricade
Remember Forever
One Last Time
Epilogue

Vitamins

79 4 1
By villageisaglow

In case anyone was wondering, I saw Les Mis again today, because I'm trash. I probably won't see it again for a few years, though.... (maybe not even until I study abroad in London and I'll be back on Harper's old stomping grounds hehe.) anyway, I met Jillian Butler today at the stage door, who has been a HUGE inspiration for me for the past few years, which was SO cool. Today's show was even better than Friday's show, which is craazzzyy. I'll shut up about Les Mis now though lol. Enjoy this chapter- it's a bit of a filler but quite fluffy yayyyy. Comment and vote please and thank yoouuu xxx
-ab

———————————————-

September 6, 2027

Harper

My days with Great Comet are starting to grow limited. I've had a great time with Nessa and Gabe this week, when I haven't been onstage, and with September beginning, I've realized that I don't have too much longer before it's time to go back to London.

I can't say that's a bad thing, quite honestly. I miss Patrick, and can't wait to have some time to focus solely on growing into a mother. I'm going to have to do it soon, becuase the baby will be here in April. I'm so excited, and I know that Patrick is, too. It will also be nice to have some time to just rest. I've been absolutely exhausted lately, on top of still feeling morning sickness. It has been far from easy, but I've been trying to push it all out of my mind and truly focus on my job in New York. Even when it doesn't feel like that, being in this show really is my job, and I have to be aware of that. I have to give it my all, just like Patrick would in his job, or Nessa would in her job, or anybody would in their job, no matter how traditional or nontraditional.

On Nessa and Gabe's last day in London, which is conveniently my day off, I set aside some time to hang out with them. I'm going to meet up with them for lunch, spend the afternoon with them, then go out for a quick dinner before I take them to the airport. They had to check out of their hotel this morning, so they are going to come here and drop their suitcases off before we head to the restaurant. I picked one near Taylor's flat, so it'll just be a short subway ride to the restaurant that I booked us reservations for in Chelsea.

When they knock on my door, I'd be lying if I said that I was ready. In fact, I'm still in my pyjamas and barely out of bed. My hair is sticking in many directions, and my stomach is churning. In spite of that, I stumble towards the door, wrapping a blanket around myself, paste a smile on my face, and let them in.

"Just have a seat. Feel free to raid my kitchen if you want a snack, and just give me a second," I explain to them, letting out a small laugh. "I'm so sorry. I was completely exhausted yesterday evening, and I just forgot to set my alarm, I guess."

"It's not a problem, really," Gabe assures me.

"Thank you. I'll hurry along," I promise, then run off to my room so that I can get dressed and ready for the day.

I hurry to select my outfit and do my hair and makeup. As I'm doing so, I try to not get sick, but I'm not feeling great at all. I'm, in fact, rather the opposite. Nothing new there, in all honesty.

Shoot, I think to myself as I'm almost ready, I haven't taken my vitamins for the morning. I'm taking both prenatal vitamins and probiotics right now, with the later being to keep me healthy for the show, as well as to avoid me getting an actual illness while I'm pregnant and can't take medicines.

I don't know how I'm going to do that one without Nessa and Gabe noticing.

I slip out into the corridor, then walk to the kitchen, with hopes that they won't see me, but Nessa is already there, getting a glass of water. I did tell them that they could raid my kitchen, I suppose.

"Hey," I give her a little smile. "Just a second." I open up the cabinet and pull out both bottles of pills.

I watch Nessa glance over, and raise her eyebrows. "Does that bottle say 'prenatal vitamins?'"

"Um..." I bite my lip, "well, yeah..."

"Are you pregnant?"

Shoot. I don't want her knowing this quite yet. I don't really want anybody else knowing until I at least get the scan.

"Well, see, it's a funny story..." I bite my lip. An idea pops into my head. "I'm actually nutrient deficient and they put me on those vitamins to help me out."

"Oh god, are you okay?" Nessa asks.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I insist, forcing a small laugh.

I pop both of the pills, then slip on my shoes and grab my purse. "I'm all ready if you guys are."

"Perfect," Gabe smiles, standing up. Nessa and Gabe put their shoes on as well, then we head out into the city.

The three of us have a lovely day together. While I am sad to say goodbye to them, I know that it'll just be a few more weeks before I see them again. The next time that I'm at the airport in New York City, I'll be with Patrick, and we will be going back home to London.

The show will have closed by then. It could be years before I see some of my New York friends again, and some of my cast mates, I may never again cross paths with in this lifetime. That makes me a bit sad. Even the people in my cast who aren't my super close friends are still super amazing people, and I love them. They light up my day by simply being there, and I might not ever see some of them again, after the closing of our show. We follow each other on social medias, of course, but realistically, I don't know if I would ever put in effort involving traveling across the ocean to see anyone except for Maia and Elise again.

After I go home, I see the vitamin bottle sitting out on the counter, as I was distracted and forgot to put it away. I suddenly remember that I lied to Nessa. That probably wasn't the smartest idea. It's going to put me in an awkward situation in a few months. While she will probably understand, my conscious is going to eat away at me for that, probably.

I just try my best to forget it, and have a quiet night to myself, including going to bed early. I had such a fun day with my friends, but I'm exhausted now and want to have energy for the show tomorrow.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

387K 7.3K 110
Social media can really help you to meet the love of your life❤️
32.8K 232 18
When Maddie's life takes an unexpected turn, she is forced to go live in London with an old friend. She finds her self falling in love with his best...
3.5K 122 16
Kennedi isn't just a normal 20 year old girl. What isn't normal about her, is that she has an imaginary friend. His name is Harry. Harry is Kennedi's...
6.9K 80 32
Julia and Niall broke up three months ago because he was leaving for world tour. She loves him and he loves her. Are they ready to forget about each...