Lestrade Academy

By LeahKillem

Lestrade Academy consists of two parts with a high fence in between that seperates girls from boys. Each part... More

1. News
2. Last Week
3. Lestrade High
4. Distraction
5. Bruises
6. One More Day
7. Another Strange Event
8. Hospital
9. Unbruised
10. Mpuah
11. Cling
12. Possessive
13. Lovebirds
14. Family
15. Realization
16. Daters
17. STHAL
18. Talks
19. Sabrina
20. Lucid
21. Troubles
22. Reunion
23. What They Told Sabrina
25. Paradise
26. Unexpected
27. Mess
28. Wanted
29. Unlocked
30. I Love You
31. Numby
32.Cleared
33. Upcoming
34. Storm
35.Unravel
36. Hidden
37. Lost 'n Gone
38. NewsMan
39. End of Some
40. End of All
Epilogue
NEW BOOK!!!

24. Moderny

68 5 0
By LeahKillem

Chapter 24 :

Moderny

|

|

Staring out in the darkness, I unwrapped my right arm from around my knees once again and ran it through my messy hair that hasn't been brushed in days. Yet another sigh escaped my lips as I buried my face in my knees, hugging my legs as close as I could.

Another night rolled. Another banging was heard on my door.

"Zoe!" Ellie's voice shouted from the other side of the door, "Zo-eee!"

"Zoe," Nina's voice spoke, "Please, could you let us in? It's been a week!"

"Nobody wants to shelter us anymore!" Ellie shouted, "It's our room too, you know?"

They were right. They had whole right to come in at least now, but I didn't care. It's been a week, for the whole week I had the door to our room locked, with Ellie and Nina left outside. They kept banging on the door, but I never answered. They had stayed to other girls the whole week, so I guess everyone got tired from sheltering them. Even Clary called for me for a few times, but I kept shutting them out. I went by the lunch I had in my backpack for the whole week and it felt like if I stood up, I would lose consciousness and flow into the darkness; that sounded nice enough, but overthinking got me too trapped.

The room was dark due to the fact that it was already night time. It was so dark I couldn't understand if my eyes were open or closed. But still, my mind was darker.

I missed him, I missed him so much it felt like I'd scatter in pieces like canfitti if I didn't feel his body against mine right now. I've felt like this for the whole week. I never left my spot in the corner of the room. I stood up a few times just to pace back and forth out of nervousness and anger. I couldn't imagine how I looked like. I was slowly falling apart.

I felt this urge; the urge to stand up, scream swearing words to the world and go find Nick so I could finally embrace him in a hug. I've had it for a few days already. But something kept me down, something made me press my legs against my body even harder and hide my face as if that would help to escape reality. But reality was everywhere, it was waiting in all the corners of imaginative happiness, waiting to consume you once again.

I couldn't bear it anymore. I couldn't handle this shit anymore, I had to end it. I had to get up and find Nick.

Swallowed by the idea, I unwrapped my arms from around my legs slowly, and started pushing myself off the floor. As soon as I stood up my eyes went black and the room started spinning, but I ignored it and, following the wall so I wouldn't fall, I went to the bathroom. Eyeing my reflection in the mirror, I got scared. This thing couldn't be me. Everything was still spinning, but I managed to wet my face and remove old makeup stains. Dark rings under my eyes were too visible, but I couldn't care about it at the moment.

I went up to the door and opened it. No one was there. Ellie and Nina probably gave up once again and went to sleep with someone else. Everything was spinning wildly and I had no idea what direction I was going, but somehow I managed to take a hold of the railings and took the first step down the stairs. Then another, and soon I bravely walked down. It took me at least 10 minutes to go all the way from fourth floor to the first one, and when I finally did, I was exhausted, but this couldn't stop me.

Leaning onto random furnitures, I finally managed to reach the door and open it. The cold air tickled my skin and I felt goosebumps going everywhere from my neck to my legs. I stepped out and immediately started shivering. Closing the door behind me and pressing my teeth against each other, I walked down the porch as carefully as I could. Walk to the gates was another pain in the ass; there was nothing I could hold onto and I almost tripped four times.

It took me a lot to open the heavy metal gates, but when they were finally closed and left behind, I leaned onto the fence by my right hand and walked over to the boys' side. I was in the middle of boys' and girls' sides when I heard a loud screeching noise and the gate of the boys' side slowly opened. I stopped in my tracks to watch the dark silhouette. It was far enough for me to not be able to see, but it saw me.

"Zoe!" Nick screamed at me and suddenly, I had all my will-power back and I started running. He ran towards me, too. I knew I would fall, sooner or later, but that couldn't keep me calm. As we were slowly getting closer and closer to each other, I saw that he looked nowhere better than me. It all happened like in slow motion, even though we were running to each other the fastest we could. Finally, the distance between us came to it's minimum and we almost ran against each other, embracing in a hug.

His scent travelled in my lunges, making me warm from the inside. I was standing on my tiptoes so I could wrap my arms around his neck normally. He had his arms wrapped around me so strong, yet so confortable, it felt like we haven't seen each other in years. Centuries. Lot's and lot's of centuries. He was finally there, he was finally in my arms.

"I love you," he whispered softly in my ear.

"Oh, Nick," I said, "I love you, too. I missed you like crazy."

"I missed you like you were the only thing I've ever had. Zoe," he said, pulling out a little.

I looked at him questioningly, waiting for him to say something, but instead he softly pressed his lips against mine and it was so much better that any words he could manage to choke out. His lips on mine were something that the universe craved with us, our kiss was like a whole new world. Having his arms around my waist, he let me to stand normally on my feet. My hands stayed on his neck as I pulled him closer and closer, just like he pulled me by my waist.

His tongue touched my lips, asking for entrance which I gladly give. His tongue travells in my mouth, leaving his sweet taste everywhere. Our tongues touched and now I knew what they meant by saying that kissing that one feels different. We could stay like this forever, warming each other, but soon our lunges started burning and we pulled out.

Staring into his eyes that stared back at me, I smiled.

"What are you smiling at?" Nick asked, his voice pleasuring my ears like always as he smiled himself.

I smiled wider, "I'm just happy."

He smiled and stared at me like I was the most wonderful thing in the world, even though I looked my worst, "I am, too."

I shivered as the cold wind blew, making goosebumps re-appear that disappeared when we kissed.

Nick frowned, "Are you cold?"

I shook my head, "It's okay."

He touched the tip of my nose with his palm, "You're icy," he told me, unwrapping both of his hands from around my waist, making me unwrap mine from his neck.

He started taking his jacket off and I looked at him unapprovingly, "This doesn't make sense if you catch a cold."

"I'm not cold," he said, smiling as he put his jacket on me.

"Whatever you say, but you'll be in trouble if you get sick."

His smile widened, "How can I get sick when I'm around you?"

Laughing, I jokingly punched his arm, "Not fair! We could at least get inside."

"Inside where? Academy, so they can seperate us? No way."

"Are you planning on standing here forever?"

"No, let's go to that place."

"That place?"

He nodded and I nodded back. We both knew that we talked about that place with that perfect view.

Halfway to the boys' gate, I saw something white falling down. Looking up at the night sky, I saw it was pink. Not that pink, but a little pink. And tiny snowflakes were falling down at us. Nick stopped beside me to look up, too.

"It's snowing," I whispered.

"I know," he whispered back.

"Get inside the Academy right now and get something warm," I told him.

Chuckling at me, he nodded, "Fine."

As we walked inside his side, we went towards the building that I accidentally entered on my first day here, thinking it was for girls. Smiling at the memory, I saw Nick opening the door and he walked inside, holding a door for me.

"I'll wait here," I told him, "Someone might see me inside."

He looked at me unapprovingly, "It's cold outside."

"We're going to be outside anyways, so what's the point?"

He rolled his eyes, "Zoe-"

"Just get something," I cut him off and he sighed, walking up the stairs but leaving the front door open nevertheless.

I waited for him for a couple of minutes before remembering he was also on the fourth floor and it was really cold outside.

"Darn it," I whispered to myself and walked inside, closing the door behind me and leaning onto it.

A couple of more minutes passed and Nick appeared on the stairs in a black coat. He chuckled when he saw me inside, "We're going outside so what's the point, huh?"

I smirked, "Just come on already."

We exited, seeing the thin layer of the white carpet on the ground. He wrapped his arm around my shoulders and I held his hand that hung from my side as we walked around the building and to our secret place. The perfect view was even more perfect when snowing. I saw the snowflakes slowly fall into the river water and join the flow. It was cloudy above us, but far away above the mountains, I could see the stars shine.

"It's strange," I whispered. We were sitting on the grass, his back pressed against the tree and my back against him.

I felt his chest vibrate as he spoke, "What's strange?"

"It's snowing here and over there I can see the stars."

He nodded, "Nothing surprises me anymore."

I chuckled heavily, "Yea... Listen, do you- do you think what they told is true?"

Now it was his turn to sigh, "Honestly? I don't know. That sounds so unbelievable, yet it explains everything."

I nod, "That explains even Sabrina's words. Although she did go a little mad, being too Catholic. It also explains my bruised wrist and the fact that we were meeting everyday."

"And the fact that I can't last a day without you," he added, making me smile.

I lowered my head, "Seriously, that feels unnatural. Feels like I won't make it without you."

"Do you think that... Silvas are real? And that we're them?"

I sigh, "I can't find another explanation, but I can't fully believe it, either."

Suddenly, something vibrated and Nick's phone went off. He shuffled, taking the phone out of his pocket and answering, "Hello?" I could only hear the half of the conversation and it made no sense, "Matthew? Wha-what... What?... Yes, why?... I don't think that's a good idea... Listen, no... What is it?... Fine!..." putting his phone back in his pocket, he stood up, also helping me up.

"Who was it?" I asked, dusting my jeans off.

"Matthew," he answered, "He asked if we were together and I said yes. He said we had to talk and we gotta go to that same study."

"Why? What's wrong?"

"No idea. He just told me to get there the soonest we could. Let's go?"

I nodded carefully and, holding hands, we left our favourite place and went to the study. As soon as we entered my school I felt my nose going red as it was really warm inside. We knocked at Mrs. Shoo's door and walked in only after hearing "come in". Whole crew was there: Mrs. Shoo, Mr. Rockets amd Matthew.

"Sit," Matthew said. We sat down and he started talking, standing next to us, "So we have to understand something and please, just answer questions without further questioning, we'll explain everything."

"So," said Mrs. Shoo, snapping all the heads to her. Her soft nature was nowhere to be seen as it was replaced with seriousity and just a little bit of excitemen. "You told us that Nick cured your wrist. Tell us in details."

"Um," I started, furrowing my eyebrows in confusion as I remembered, "There was this guy that held my wrist so strongly there was a bruise all around it. It was all bluish-reddish, looked like it was there for a while. When Nick saw it, he bandaged my wrist and the next day he took it off to have a look and it was completely gone. It happened twice. The same situation in all details."

Mrs. Shoo now had a little bit of fear in her expression as she spoke, "Has anything stange happened more?"

I nod, "Yea, a lot. I didn't pay attention to it at the moment, but now it seems weird. For example, when we first met the light bulbs flickered and burned in the whole building. Then there was this glass that exploded out of nothing. On our first date I saw the stars shining and the next minute it rained. Also, before we started dating, we were always exiting the academy at exactly the same time and went to the same place, but that could be the soulmate thing, right?"

Mrs. Shoo shook her head, "No, not right. Anything else?"

I was about to shake my head when Nick spoke up, "Yes, there's another thing."

I looked at him questioningly, I had nothing else strange on my mind.

"Mall," he said, looking at me, "Remember? The fight?"

My eyes widen, "Yes!" I exclaim, "I was in the mall with friends and there was a fight between two teenage girls. One of them even had a knife. Suddenly, out of nowhere, Nick and his friend appear and held the girls. That girl with the knife stabbed Nick. I still have no idea what happened, but I remember fainting. It was like I was stabbed instead of him. At the hospital they said that all the symptoms told I've lost lot's of blood, when in reality I haven't. It was like the blood just disappeared from my veins. As soon as Nick felt good, I was on my feet, totally alright."

All the three of them were exchanging glances nervously and I could tell something was very, very wrong.

"Your turn," Nick said and all of us looked at him, "We told our part, your turn."

All the three of them sighed in unison. Nick and I exchanged confused glances, something was very out of order.

Mrs. Shoo took a deep breathe before talking, "Everything is not as easy as we thought it was," she spoke carefully, like if she said one wrong word, we'd stand up and run and that made me go mad the most.

"We did know you were soulmates," she kept on, "But didn't pay attention to obvious. As I've said, Silva soulmates are losing their powers when together, they're even weaker than the average humans," she didn't keep on until we nodded, "Nick cured your wrist, Zoe. He wasn't supposed to have any powers near you, yet he cured your wrist twice. You even said that it rained from a clear sky and that had to be because the most powerful couple collided and not out of jokes. I was looking outside at the stars when it started snowing. Snowing from the clear sky and that's when we thought about it and called you."

Just what else was happening? Did I have to lock myself up for another week?

"What's that supposed to mean?" Nick asked.

"There is only one couple," she replied, "That is able to go back home. Back to Thella. When together, they don't make each other weaker, but stronger; a lot stronger. When together you can have all the powers in the world, just like Lestrade. You are the Stil Couple."

"Don't you dare freaking out," Matthew cut in, "Don't you even think about freaking out."

That was right about time because I was just about to freak out.

"No one ever knew that the Stir Couple were real," said Mrs. Shoo, oblivious to my reaction, "The last legend of them takes place in the early 30s, but no one knows if it has really happened. Although, Escorts do exist. Escort is someone that's ability is helping you to go back home and you need to find your Escort."

"How the hell?" Nick and I asked in unison.

"Language," said Mr. Rockets sternly.

Mrs. Shoo sighed, "You'll figure that out. You'll nees regular soulmates, both escorts."

"What is special about us?" I asked, finding no sense in anything.

"You are meant to return back home. Nature has given you all the abilities in the world for this. You are more intensely connected than others. You might feel like fainting after a few days of not seeing each other, but it'll get better as soon as you meet."

Nick and I looked at each other.

"I was locked up in my room the whole week," I told him regretfully.

"So was I," he replied.

"I barely walked to gates I was so weak," I kept on.

He nodded, "And when I saw you walking towards me it's like all my strenght came back to me."

I nod back, "And I ran, although I wasn't able to walk a second before."

He laughed, "I left Cole and Thomas out of our room."

My eyes widen, "So did I! Nina and Ellie had to sleep with other girls all the week!"

He nodded, looking back at the principal. I looked at them too, suddenly remembering we were not alone.

"About all that always-meeting," said Mrs. Shoo, "That was a part of Stir Couple. As you know, soulmates are better without ever meeting, so we keep the rule for the ban on meeting between the sides. Legend says that the Stir Couple will find their way to each other in Lestrade or out of it. And you did."

"But maybe you are wrong," I said, holding onto that small piece of hope. Not being human was a problem itself, not to mention finding Escorts and going to goddamn Thella.

She shook her head, "You're having Lucid Dreaming every night, right?"

"Yes, so?"

"Average silva has it a few times a year while a human has it a couple of times in a lifetime. As a feminine part of the Stir Couple, you're having it every night. Nick, on the other hand," she said, turning to Nick, "You are having no dreams at all, never, while an average male Silva dreams a few times a year. It all started when you met. You slowly transformed, now you can't last without each other, have strange night times, powers and all other things."

I started rubbing my forehead with my fingers, closing my eyes; this was too stressing.

"Is there something we should do?" I heard Nick ask from beside me, "Or we should just wait until our Escorts appear and then go to that Thella?"

"Do we even have to go to Thella?" I asked, looking up, "We can do it, but we have a choice, don't we?"

"Well," Mrs. Shoo said, looking away, "Sure you won't go there if you refuse, but its not only about whether you want it or not."

"What then?" Nick asked, irritated.

"Vladimir Lestrade was sent to this world at late ages, he's seen the Silva world; he's seen Thella. As the story tells, he said there was a war back there. A terrible war that only Stir Couple could stop."

My heart fell, "What? How?"

"I don't know, you'll figure it out. Thousands and thousands of Silvas are dying right now and only you can stop it. Your choice."

Well, if you put it like that, I'm not heartless. But stop the war? In another world? I am sure the last time I checked I was attending an academy and not an asylum. I can not do this! I am a 17-year-older girl that has never listened to her parents and as a proof for that I'm dating a boy that's forbidden to date. This is not a goddamn modern novel by Suzanne Collins or Cassandra Clare!

Sighing, I dropped my head back, "Why does it have to be so damn difficult?"

I felt something extremely warm and comforting touch my hand and I immediately knew what it was. Looking down, I saw Nick's fingers interwined with mine, his thumb gently brushing the back of my hand.

I looked back at the principal, "Can we go now or maybe you have any more missions for us?"

"You can go."

I muttered a heartless "thank you" and stood up. Still holding hands with Nick, I opened the door and exited with Nick following. That night we sure as hell weren't going to seperate.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

254 12 28
A young girl named Rose is one of the most popular girls in school. At least in the eyes of most of the boys on campus. However even though this is t...
1.1K 148 31
#45 in teenagegirl 12/30/19 #8 in teenagegirl 12/31/19 Zo Jones thought she had a normal, teenage life: she graduated high school and is now doing he...
1.7K 129 33
Mrs. Scarlet stood up and placed her hands on the desk, leaning towards me. She spoke in a low voice "I think Starlight Academy has something to do w...
498K 17K 43
γ€Š Highest Ranking: #5 in Vampire 》 "Is that Marcus? Marcus as in, from our High School Marcus!" Casey squeaked. I spun around, not quite believing h...