All For Show : Markhyuck

By thefuckno

One award show. One picture. One meeting. One contract. That's all it took. Fake Dating AU Completed DisclaIm... More

Intro
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Self Promo
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chaptet 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Q & A
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49 [M]
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Epilogue
Self Promo
Epilogue 2

Chapter 27

6.9K 427 154
By thefuckno

Yoohoo!

Big Summer Blowout!

This story is literally a kdrama...

Vote and Comment!

AKD

---- ---- ---- ----

It was the day of the party and Donghyuck was going through the checklist in her head, feeling stressed out. Mark has told him many times that nobody is going to care what the house looks like, but Donghyuck being Donghyuck and the perfectionist that Donghyuck was, couldn't just have an 'alright' house.

Donghyuck needed to make it perfect!

Donghyuck needed it to be beautiful and amazing and like Mark and Donghyuck were in love. Donghyuck needed to sell the lie, sell them, sell the fairytale that was "Markhyuck".

Donghyuck walked outside to the huge garden and started going through the checklist in her mind.

Porch Lights? On.

Fairy Lights? Hung up and are on.

Drinks? By the table at the back, already set up.

Cups? Plastic cups are by the drinks.

Snacks? On the table beside the drinks. There are more packets in the house if need be.

Ice? In the icebox in the middle of both the drink table and the snack table. There are more in another icebox inside the house.

Chairs? There are some already out and placed in the garden just in case people didn't want to stand and talk.

"Mark!" Donghyuck called out, biting the tip of his nail, a nervous habit.

"Yeah?" Mark said, walking out to Donghyuck in the garden.

"Are you sure we can't have a barbecue?" Donghyuck asked.

"Why would a housewarming party have a barbecue, Donghyuck?" Mark asked with a laugh.

"I'm just saying..." Donghyuck said, trailing off, looking at the set up in the garden.

"You're worrying too much," Mark said, putting his hands on Donghyuck's shoulders, "It looks great! They're going to love it."

"But what if they want barbecue?" Donghyuck asked.

"They're not going to," Mark said, laughing. "They have snacks and drinks and the pizza is on its way."

"Did you remember to lock your room?" Donghyuck asked, "And the garage?"

Mark nodded, "I still don't understand why, but yeah I did."

"If you want people having sex in your room that's fine by me!" Donghyuck scoffed, "I'm not going to clean that up."

Mark just laughed.

"It looks alright, right? There's nothing missing?" Donghyuck said, turning back around to face Mark, too worried about the party to notice how close they were standing.

Anyone looking in would honestly believe they were actually together from how tenderly and fondly Mark was looking at Donghyuck.

"Nothing at all," Mark said, eyes darting down to see Donghyuck biting on his bottom lip.

Before Mark could realize what he was doing, he brought his hand up to Donghyuck's chin and gave it a gentle tug, pulling his lip out from between his teeth.

They stood there, electricity flowing between them.

Donghyuck looked at Mark in disbelief, not knowing what to say or do. They'd been living together, playing house for three weeks now and never did something like this happens between them. Mark's hand was now on his cheek and his eyes were staring straight at Donghyuck's honey-colored ones.

Donghyuck stepped back first after a couple of seconds and cleared his throat. "I, uhh, I'm going to check inside."

"Yeah," Mark said, nodding, "I'm going to get a drink. Want anything?"

"No, uhm, I'm good for now. Thanks." Donghyuck said and rushed inside, ignoring his thumping heart.

"Why did I do that?" Mark mumbled to himself, walking to the drinks table and pouring himself a drink.

He took a sip and then said, "Oh right, 'cause I'm a dumbass!"

Mark took a couple more sips of his drink, staring into the french window that was opened. He could see Donghyuck walking back and forth, making sure everything was just as he liked it while Mark screamed at himself in his mind for being, in his words, 'An idiotic dumbass that potentially ruined everything.'

Donghyuck walked outside, and already Mark knew that he was conflicted. Donghyuck had always worn his heart on his sleeve and this time was no exception.

Donghyuck was avoiding biting his lips and instead chose to bite on his nail, eyes scanning the garden as if he was looking for something but Mark knew better. He could tell that Donghyuck was just working up the courage to talk to him. Instead of pushing it, Mark kept himself busy, letting Donghyuck take his time. He topped up his already half-empty cup and took a sip.

"Mark," Donghyuck said, walking up to him.

"Yeah?" Mark said, placing his cup on the table.

"I have to ask you for something," Donghyuck said.

"Ask away."

"It might be a little.." Donghyuck said, trying to find the right word.

"Donghyuck," Mark said, "Compromise remember? You can tell me anything."

"This might be a little out of the compromise-" Donghyuck started to say but Mark cut him off.

"You can tell me anything," Mark repeated, "I'm not going to be mad or sad or hurt or whatever. We're friends." (You just put yourself in the friendzone! Bad move, broski!)

"Right, okay," Donghyuck said, breathing out an almost sigh of relief.

Donghyuck stood there, in front of the drinks table, silent.

"Donghyuck?" Mark said more than asked when Donghyuck didn't move or say anything.

"Look, I know that you..." Donghyuck said but stopped halfway.

"I what?"

"No, wait, scratch that," Donghyuck said, waving his hand as if to make his words go away.

"Okay?"

"Mark," Donghyuck started, thinking carefully about his words. Just as Donghyuck was about to speak the doorbell rang.

"Mark what?" Mark asked.

"Forget it," Donghyuck said, turning around to walk to the door.

Mark took a couple of steps and caught Donghyuck's wrist, holding it there while Donghyuck turned around. He asked again, "Mark, what?"

"Nothing," Donghyuck said, shaking his head.

"Clearly it's not nothing," Mark said.

The doorbell rang again.

"You don't want to keep everyone waiting," Mark told him, "So tell me."

"Mark, let it go," Donghyuck said.

"No, this is clearly something you want to tell me."

"You're going to get mad," Donghyuck said, his lips turning into a pout.

"I promise I won't."

The doorbell rang again.

"Tell me," Mark encouraged, his eyes softening.

Donghyuck sighed, "I know it's stupid but the people coming here today are our friends. Whether or not they bring their friends with them is another thing...But, just..."

"Just what?" Mark asked, already knowing where this was going, but hoping he was wrong anyway.

"They could become sources in magazines or they might even-"

"Might even tell people that they slept with me?"

"Yeah," Donghyuck breathed out, not able to look him in the eye.

"What are you asking me to do, Donghyuck?"

The doorbell rang again and Donghyuck looked inside the french window as if he could see the door from here.

"I'm asking you not to have sex with anyone at the party tonight."

Mark let Donghyuck's wrist go, hurt written all over his face.

"Look, I know that you haven't had any since we moved in together and I know you have needs," Donghyuck rambled, "But-"

"Just open the door, Donghyuck," Mark said, walking back to the drink table to pick up his full glass.

"Mark.." Donghyuck said, trailing off.

"Your friends are waiting." He said.

"Mark-"

"Go. Your friends are waiting." Mark said, back towards Donghyuck as he downed the full contents of his plastic cup.

Not Edited

Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Ohhh, drama!

Song recommendation:

"i i i" by suggi

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7K 204 4
in which you're convinced that you don't have a tattoo, and that you're in love with lee donghyuck ; non-idol au, matching tattoo soulmate au, love...
43.1K 2K 41
You were my first love~ But well I believe not everything you want comes your way.......I wonder how you would look after so long. ~Minhyung~ Cover...
9.8K 1K 40
❝ ᴀɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴘʀᴏᴜᴅ ᴏꜰ ʙᴇɪɴɢ ᴀ ʙɪᴛᴄʜ? ❞ ❝ ᴠᴇʀʏ! ❞ [ discontinued] Deceitful, disrespectful and downright detestable; Derya took pride in being unapo...
126K 8.5K 22
ɪɴ ᴀ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ᴏғ sᴏᴜʟᴍᴀᴛᴇs, ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴍᴀʀᴋ ғɪɴᴀʟʟʏ ɢᴇᴛs ʜɪs ʀᴇᴅ sᴛʀɪɴɢ, ʜᴇ's ᴄᴏɴɴᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ʟᴀsᴛ ᴘᴇʀsᴏɴ ʜᴇ ʜᴀᴅ ᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ ɪᴛ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ. sʜᴏʀᴛ sᴛᴏʀʏ! ʙᴇsᴛ ʀᴀɴᴋ :...