Tenebrous ❆ Sirius Black [2]

Da ProudToBeSarcastic

Tenebrous (adj.) - dark, shadowy and obscure That is what their world was becoming: tenebrous. The darkness w... Altro

Author's Note
Cast
Playlist
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One
Chapter Sixty Two
Chapter Sixty Three
Chapter Sixty Four
Chapter Sixty Five
Chapter Sixty Six
Chapter Sixty Seven
Chapter Sixty Eight
Chapter Sixty Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy One
Chapter Seventy Two
Chapter Seventy Three
Chapter Seventy Four
Chapter Seventy Five
Chapter Seventy Six
Chapter Seventy Seven
Chapter Seventy Eight
Chapter Seventy Nine
Chapter Eighty
Chapter Eighty One
Chapter Eighty Two
Chapter Eighty Three
Chapter Eighty Four
Chapter Eighty Five
Chapter Eighty Six
Chapter Eighty Seven
Chapter Eighty Eight
Author's Note
Other books are up!

Chapter Six

3K 138 83
Da ProudToBeSarcastic

Author's note: Small but important detail! Whatever is written in italics is meant to represent the characters speaking in Russian.

"You just moved in and now you're leaving me again." Sirius whined, his arms wrapped around Nadia's waist from the back as he refused to let go of her like a toddler being dropped off for his first day at kindergarten.

"Sirius, it's just a couple of days. I'll be back before you know it." She said with a heavy sigh as she turned towards him and set her travelling bag down on the floor so she could place her arms on his shoulders.

"What am I supposed to do without you? I'll be all alone." Sirius questioned dramatically making her send him a small glare.

"You'll have Tybalt. And don't you dare forget to feed him and give him water. You also have to water the plants." Nadia repeated the instructions for the thousandth time that afternoon.

"Don't worry love. I won't let the plants or the cat die." Sirius said in a reassuring tone as he chuckled in amusement. He had already asked Mrs. Garner's House elf to make sure he doesn't forget to do either thing. With how much Nipsey loved her job, he was pretty sure the house elf wouldn't even take the step of reminding him but just apparate into their flat to do it for him.

"I'll hold you to that. If those plants die Sirius Black, you and your fleas will be sleeping in the hall." Nadia threatened making him let out a loud laugh at her choice of threat. Ever since Camille and Remus brought that wormwood plant a couple of days ago Nadia had been rather focused on his fleas, non-existent ones as he liked to remind her.

"Stop worrying and go already woman." He exclaimed making her raise an eyebrow at him in a questioning manner.

"Weren't you just whining about me leaving?" She asked jokingly making him shake his head at her.

"Considering you still plan on going to Hogwarts before to the airport, you're going to be late for your flight." Sirius pointed out making her eyes widen as she looked at the clock on the wall. He was right, she was cutting her time short.

Nadia was supposed to meet her father at the airport. She could easily apparate there, but the whole point was going with her father and helping him settle back into their old home in Moscow. And carrying all the luggage he would have while apparating was just a summons to the tragedy of splinching.

But first she had to talk to Professor Dumbledore, because making plans to go to Russia had given her an idea which she wanted to run by him to ensure it was alright if she did what she had planned. She had a way to help the Order, and help would surely be welcomed.

"Oh Merlin you're right." She exclaimed as she moved out of his arms and started to pull on her coat in a rush before grabbing her bag. "I love you, I'll miss you and I'll come back as soon as my dad's settled." She spoke quickly and in one breath as she placed a haste kiss to his lips before rushing out the door and pulling out her wand; ready to apparate to Hogsmeade.

"I love you too." Sirius called, hoping she would hear him as she rushed out the door, unable to disapparate within the walls of their flat due to the many protective spells placed upon it.

"Don't let Tybalt starve!" Nadia said finally before waving her wand and disappearing, not letting him reassure her he wouldn't before she was gone. With a shake of his head, Sirius closed the door behind her. He turned to look at the now empty apartment to find the cat in question looking at him curiously from where it sat on top of the dining table... Again.

"Can you believe how little faith she has in me? You think I can do it, right Tyb?" Sirius asked the cat who looked at him with a blank look for a second more before jumping down from the table and disappearing into the bedroom. "I'll choose to take that as a cat yes!" He called after the ball of black fur.

Nadia never thought she'd be back in these halls. To make it even more odd, she wasn't used to them being so empty and desolate. For the last couple of days she had spent in Moscow, a part of her dreaded going back here, but after speaking with Dumbledore the night she left London she knew it was something she had to do. Her only consolation was that she was looking forward to see the person she had come here for.

So as her walk through the dark halls of Koldovstoretz finally ended once she came to stand in front of a familiar door, Nadia couldn't help the small smile which came over her face. As she knocked, she could hear the soft murmur of voices coming from the inside and hoped she wasn't interrupting anything too important. But soon after the call to come in sounded and she pushed the door open to find herself looking at the familiar man.

His brown hair was slicked back as always, and she could see that he had aged in the mere two years she had been gone. He sat at his desk beside which stood a young woman who bore a great resemblance to him. Their bright eyes focused on Nadia, and while the woman didn't recognize her, the man's face split into a smile as he stood from his seat.

"Nadia Volkov. Is that you or do my eyes deceive me?" He asked as he approached her with a happy smile on his face.

"Professor Orlov, always a pleasure to see you." Nadia greeted as she shook his hand politely. Professor Viktor Orlov had taught Nadia during her time at the Russian wizarding school. And while he was the Charms professor, he taught her much more than that.

Viktor had always had a much different opinion on the position of Muggleborns and Halfbloods within the school, and often took many under his wing. Nadia was one such student, and while he may have been her Charms professor, he had taught her much more. This man was the reason she was so good in Defence Against the Dark Arts; he was the reason she was able to brew potions which weren't in any of the schools curriculums. This was the person who helped Nadia become an Animagus in her fourth year.

"Oh please, if my memory serves you are no longer a student in any school. And as such I'm quite sure you can call me Viktor." He said with a small laugh as he released her hand. "Nadia this is my daughter, Ksenia. Ksenia, this is-"Viktor tried to introduce but his daughter interrupted him as she let out a laugh.

"Nadia Volkov, yes dad, not only have I heard but I also would have been able to guess from the way you always spoke of her. Even after you left, he couldn't shut up." Ksenia said with a friendly smile on her face as she too shook Nadia's hand.

"I believe great talent should always be appreciated." Viktor pointed out as she once more sat behind his desk and turned to Nadia with an interested look. "Tell me Nadia, how is your father? Still a professor even in the UK?"

"He was, but now he's actually back here; he's back at his old job at Moscow University." Nadia stated openly. Viktor had always been expressive in his admiration of her father's work. He admired anyone who aspired to teach younger generations, no matter the subject.

"And your mother? How is she faring these days?" Viktor asked, but this time, Nadia's face fell into a sullen expression.

"My mother died seven months ago." She said honestly, and at her words the smiles were wiped from both the faces of both Orlovs.

"I am terribly sorry to hear that." Viktor said sadly. He remembered Nadia's mother as an exceptional woman and had often interacted with her during his time spent at the Russian Ministry where his son worked. It was sad news to hear indeed. "But that is part of the reason I'm here." Nadia added, hoping to get to her reasons and the proposition she had for Viktor.

"Ah yes, that was my next question. Tell me, what is it that brings you back to these halls?" Viktor's elbows leaned on his table as he and his daughter looked at her with interest, both ready to listen for her reasons.

"I don't know how much the information about the state of the wizarding world in the UK has reached you." Nadia started her explanation but was soon interrupted.

"Ah yes... The idiot who wishes to call himself Lord, how big of a pompous ass can you be? And don't get me started on his whole propaganda of bull-" Ksenia began to grumble but was interrupted as her father let out one of his scolding 'Shut up' coughs. While her father may be a Pureblood, her mother was a Muggleborn, and Ksenia had been raised to be accepting of all no matter the blood status her whole life. It was part of the reason her parents had chosen to home school both their children instead of sending them to the close minded hell that was Koldovstoretz.

"There are many who would share your opinion, but there is also a great number of those who support him. And those numbers only keep growing." Nadia said with a small nod before continuing. "The headmaster of Hogwarts, Albus Dumbledore has organised a group of witches and wizards with a multitude of talents to help the Auror division of the Ministry fight these threats."

"Ah I remember Albus from some of the international meetings for magical education. A fine man I must say." Viktor mumbled as he thought of the bearded wizard.

"This group, the Order of the Phoenix. We do our best, but we still need help. And that is why I am here. To ask for yours." Nadia stated openly, her voice determined, but the small traces of hope lined through it made Viktor give her a sympathetic look. "I remember your teachings, I remember your talents professor, and your kindness to all. Merlin forbid, should You Know Who win this war, he won't stop with the United Kingdom. He wants to spread his beliefs, his propaganda and make it true in all of the Wizarding community. We're trying to stop that, but we can't do it alone."

"You want me to come to London, to help?" Viktor asked, wanting to make sure he had understood what she was offering him. And he knew it was a choice that would be hard to refuse. Perhaps one man could not make much of a difference in this war, but the professor knew his former students was right. If the war wasn't won in favour of those fighting for the good, who know what horrors would spread on through their world.

"Yes. I know it is a lot to ask, and I would completely understand if you refused. You have a family and a life here, and who knows what would wait for you over there. But I had nothing to lose by coming to ask." Nadia explained, looking at him expectantly wishing to hear what his response would be. A small silence fell upon them as Viktor looked towards his daughter unsure of what to do. Well, he knew what he wanted to do, but Nadia was right once again. His life was here. He looked towards his daughter as he pondered his decision, and seeing his eyes on her, Ksenia sent him a small smile as she spoke up.

"Papa, I know you; mum knows you; Alexei knows you. We're your family and we know that you would not rest easy if you stayed. Nadia is right, they need help. The UK is small, and Russia has one of the largest as well as most close minded wizarding populations in the world. It is not too farfetched to believe this would be the Lord of Self-obsession's next stop. If you want to go, you should." Ksenia spoke. Of course the idea of her father leaving to join the war across the continent made her uneasy, but the idea of what might happen should he not also brought her some worry. He was a talented wizard, that was undeniable, and while he was one man, she was sure her father would be of great help to this Order of the Phoenix.

"Ksenia is right, of course." Viktor said with a small smile on his face. His daughter was always right. "I will have to discuss this with the rest of my family, but I will get back to you by tomorrow. Nadia I am pleased you came to me for help, and I promise to do as much as I can."

"Thank you Professor. It means more than you can imagine." Nadia sent him a grateful smile. He may not join them, he may not join the Order, but any form of help was more than welcome. And she knew that was what mattered most at this time. Because this war, it was something they couldn't lose.

Published: 29th September, 2019

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

125K 5.4K 62
Cassiopeia Black had never been one to follow her families beliefs, and the war was no different. Whilst her family were known supporters of Voldemo...
831 31 13
She knew. Deep down in her heart, she had always known that he was innocent. That he could never do such a crime, especially to his best friend, some...
1M 49.8K 97
Bonnie Miller always thought of herself as a coward. After the First Wizarding War, she ran away to America from the terrible truth that all of her f...
1.9M 69.3K 50
She'd expected to possibly give her life to this war, she'd even prepared for the reality that they might lose the war. But the one thing Hermione Gr...