don't hold on | rick grimes...

By misslovqly

-.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。. 𝐓𝐖𝐃 | 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘶𝘱𝘱𝘰𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘦𝘢𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘪�... More

act one , farm
01
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
act two , prison
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
act three , aftermath
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
act four, sanctuary
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
act five , alexandria.
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
epilogue
goodbye

02

26.1K 699 692
By misslovqly

y'all i'm trying to rewrite this book just bear with me please 🙏🏽🙏🏽 you'll be able to know the chapters aren't edited when they shift from third person(he, they, it, she) to first person(i, me).

nikki was in her, shane, and their daughter lola's tent, folding some clothes, it was something she did daily, just because it took up time. she loved the farm, infact, she hopes it'll be their forever home, it's just currently, well, she feels stuck, bored. and when doing boring things, nikki's mind constantly drifted off, she considered herself a hard thinker, remembering her youth, her lost loved ones, anything she really could.

good memories, they really were. the ones i cherished the most, ones she wished she could return to, even for just a minute. nikki missed her coworkers, and neighbors. she missed mrs. lawrence, a science teacher that lived right next door, always had a bright smile, and gifted her and nikki's family amazing food during the holidays.

gosh, what nikki would do for a bite of that lovely lady's casserole again. it was unfortunate that she was one of the first to go when the world fell.

the flap to the tent nikki sat comfortably in had opened, it was her husband, shane. she flashed him a small smile. "hey." she greeted him, continuing to fold lola's purple shirt.

in an instant nikki was able to identify his unusual body language, the way his hands gripped his hips nervously, profusely looking over in his wife's direction, she knew something was wrong.

"shane?" she questioned, standing up from their cot to walk over to him. he throws off his hat and rubs his bald head, he was thinking about something, something that was stressing him out. he lets out a long sigh, placing his hands on his hips, "lori's pregnant."

she jolted her head back in surprise, "w-what?" she squeaked, this was the last thing nikki was expecting. she'd noticed that lori had been acting strange lately, but wasn't expecting this.

"yeah." he says in a low tone, but shane, he was acting off. something was wrong, there was more to this. "shane." i step closer to him, "what's wrong?"

he shakes his head, "nothing baby it's just-" he lets out a stressful sigh, "i just hope this baby don't impact the group. or we loose someone. this whole barn full 'a walkers thing is just crazy too."

nikki wanted to believe her husband, but luckily for her, he was a terrible liar, something was off about this. and it all left a sour taste in her mouth. but she couldn't bring it up now, not now, it wasn't the time.

the brunette nodded understandably, she was close enough to place her hand on his broad shoulder, "it's okay, we-we'll figure this out. i know that, there's nothing our group can't handle." she assured her husband. shane turned his head to look at his wife, she could feel his warm breath on her soft lips. she flickered her  eyes away, before back to his brown eyes, "lola ain't gon' be back any soon, she's with carl and carol pickin' crops."

right now, nikki had no huge reasons to act indifferent towards her husband, and she was silently praying that wasn't going to change. but for the time being, he was still her husband, and she was his.

shane chuckled lightly before eagerly grabbing her by the waist, and pulling her closer. their lips collided instantly, and the man didn't hesitate to slide his tongue in her mouth. his kisses were desperate, and rough, and that's how it always was between them when it got sexual.

shane found no problem with it, but nikki on the other hand, was open to something different, like a gentler approach. she just wished he knew that, and didn't wanna have to ask for it.

-

today continued to be a beautiful, yet beaming hot day. nikki and most of the group sat out on the front porch of hershel's home, socializing with many there were. patricia and beth were showing carl and lola some sort of board game on the outside table, and she was engaged in a conversation talking with her sister, karleen.

while talking did help, she and the others hadn't heard from rick, shane, or hershel in hours, and was beginning to be worried about all the bad possibilities that could've occurred.

nikki picked up the sound of creaking stairs behind her, and when turned to look it happened to be glenn, standing up from the steps he was sitting on, and began heading towards the front. the mother had been so into talking with her sister, she hadn't noticed the two figures approaching the house, andrea and t-dog.

"do you know what's goin' on?"

"where is everyone?"

she stood up from the wooden steps, and made her way towards them. "you haven't seen rick?" glenn questions as nikki came up beside him.

"he went off with hershel, we were supposed to leave a couple hours ago." andrea answered plainly, seeming just as confused as the rest of us.

"yeah, you were. what the hell?" daryl and carol came up on her left suddenly, their eyes squinted from the bright sun. "rick told us he was goin' out."

there was a slight pause of silence as everyone took in the unexpected news. it didn't make sense, why would rick lie? and were shane and hershel with his as well? "damn it! is anyone takin' this seriously?" daryl curses in anger, a mean scowl of annoyance on his face.

when daryl whirls around he points, "oh, here we go."

nicki looked up, and saw it was shane with a familiar bag of guns slumped on his shoulder, along with what looked like a big rifle gun in his hand.

when shane got closer daryl took a step towards him, "what's all this?"

shane ignored his question and handed him a rifle, "you with me man?" he handed it to daryl, and without hesitation, the redneck took it. "time to grow up." he began to hand guns while everyone started asking questions. when he got to nikki he got closer, "you got yours?"

she nodded, and patted her side, where her black pistol was tucked out of sight, nikki was well aware of hershel's no gun policy, but just a day or so ago shane had given her one, advising her to keep it all all times. that was the first time she realized she should've gotten concerned. "yeah, where's dale?"

shane muttered a "he's on his way back" and looked up at the others on the porch, clearly not wanting to waste his breathe on the mention of the old man.

"now it was one 'thang pickin daises when we thought this place was safe. but now we know it ain't." he walked up to glenn, handing him a shotgun, "how 'bout chu man? you gonna protect yours?"

glenn glanced apprehensively over at maggie, who was just as baffled as everyone else , but he took took the shotgun. "that's it." shane praised, then looked at maggie, "can you shoot?"

"can you stop!" maggie shot back fiercely as shane started rummaging through the bag of guns on his shoulder. maggie continued to protest at what shane was doing, "you do this, you hand out these guns, my father will make you leave tonight."

"we have to stay shane." carl chimed in, walking down the steps towards him. "what is this?" lori asked with determination as she walked towards them, she had clearly emerged from the house.

"we ain't goin' nowhere, now hershel, he-he just gotta understand. okay-now he's just gonna have to." he revealed a revolver out from his belt, handing it to the young boy, "now we needa' find sophia, right?" he bent down in front of him, "now i want you to take this. you take this, you keep your mother safe, do whatever it takes-"

nikki couldn't take this, she needed to step in. she gently pushed carl back and got in front of him, she glared down at shane, "rick said no. this ain't your call. this ain't your decision to make." she spat sternly to shane, she could feel the anger building up inside of her. what the hell was he doing?

"oh shit."

the group turned towards t-dog's direction to see what he brought attention to. it was rick, hershel, and jimmy, with-with walkers on sticks? what the hell? they were emerging  out the deep forest, and jimmy was shouting out random things to get the walkers' attention, so they wouldn't turn around on rick and hersh.

nikki hadn't seen anything like it.

"what is that?" shane mutters before breaking off into a sprint. without thinking, and knowing how shane was, without her being there by his side, he could make irrational decisions, so she broke off into a fast run right after him.

her adrenaline pumped through her, she could feel the hair brushing against her neck, and the combination of her fellow group mate's behind her. whatever shane was gonna do, or attempt, this wasn't gonna end well.

"what the hell you doing?" shane hollered as he busts open the gate, and nikki followed in right after him, screaming his name. circling rick and hershel, he began to shout from the bottom of his gut, lecturing them, us, on how they were dead, not sick, but gone.

she felt someone cling to her side during his yelling, and when she peeks down, she sees it's her daughter, lola, her face buried into her upper hips. to reassure her everything was gonna be okay, nikki began to lovingly stroke her soft stroking his hair.

"the hell is he doin'?" karleen queried with a worried tone. her younger sister shook her head with disapproval, unable to find the right words to answer her, "just bein' shane."

"now hersh. lemme ask you sum', can ah livin' breathin' person walk away from this." suddenly, and unexpectedly, shane whips out his pistol and shoots three rounds into the walkers chest. nikki felt her daughter flinch in fear, clinging on tightly to her mother. "no!" rick shouts, "stop it!"

shane then continued shouting and putting bullets into the walkers chest, and that's when shane's mentality on walkers was proved right. they're nothing, just walking monsters without souls. walkers weren't alive, they had no feelings.

but nikki already knew that when she witnessed mrs. lawrence's husband bite into her neck like a chicken bone on the front lawn. the lawrence's sprinklers were on that day, she remembered.

shane fired a final round into the walkers' head, letting it drop dead into the dirt. he continued yelling and screaming at us as he marched with purpose running towards the barn.

he grabbed the wooden plank that barricaded the barn, throwing it to the side. he started unraveling the chains, a handful of everyone shouting at him not to do it, including his wife. she contemplated running up and stopping him, but what could she do? this behavior of his, whatever it is, is unstoppable, and there wasn't a thing nikki could do.

when the rusted chains finally unraveled, he grabbed the barn door handles and yanked them wide open, he then started to back up.

he whipped out his gun and pointed it at the door, waiting. waiting for them to come. seconds later, they all emerged from the dark barn, their eyes adjusting to the light as they came forwards, toward us. shane and the boys immediately started firing. my ears started to ring, i was going in a daze again.

nikki squatted down and shielded lola, covering her ears while doing so. as her head was buried in her chest, she glanced back at the barn. the boys were gathered in a line, continuously firing at the walkers, they just kept coming. how many walkers were stuffed in that damn barn? a whole town?

when the last walker came through daryl finished it off with a single bullet that echoed through the unnerving silence of the group. now that it was finally over, nikki stood up with lola glued to her side, both of them stared intently at the littered dead bodies, their eyes unable to peel away from the shock of it. all of this, was caused by my husband, the one who was shouting like a maniac, shane.

suddenly, a faint snarl came from the barn, grabbing everyone's attention. huh, one more walker came late to the party? that's when the final walker came from the darkness, the short, petite girl we all once knew, was a walker.

it was sophia.

-
!gif is of nikki when she sees sophia!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 34 20
❝𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘭𝘪𝘱𝘴, 𝘮𝘺 𝘭𝘪𝘱𝘴. 𝘢𝘱𝘰𝘤𝘢𝘭𝘺𝘱𝘴𝘦.❞ kinda 𝗢𝗡 𝗛𝗢𝗟𝗗 ( carl grimes x fem!oc ) the walking dead || season 3 - ?
203K 5.4K 34
❝ єνєяувσ∂у тσℓ∂ мє, ∂σ ησт ℓσσѕє нσρє. вυт ι ∂ι∂, ι ℓσѕт нσρє ιη єνєяутнιηg. υηтιℓ уσυ gανє мє α яєαѕση тσ нανє нσρє αgαιη.❞ - Far...
5.5K 239 9
I am not a good person. Seasons one - six Daryl Dixon x Fem!oc © angsteens, 2022
2.6K 48 39
"ᴀɴᴅ ᴅᴇꜱᴘɪᴛᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴛᴏʀᴍ ʀᴀɢɪɴɢ ᴏɴ ᴏᴜᴛꜱɪᴅᴇ, ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ꜰᴇʟᴛ ꜰᴀʀ ᴛᴏᴏ Qᴜɪᴇᴛ." ⚠️ ᴡᴀʀɴɪɴɢ ⚠️ ᴛʜɪꜱ ʙᴏᴏᴋ ᴡɪʟʟ ᴄᴏɴᴛᴀɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰᴏʟʟᴏᴡɪɴɢ: ʜᴇᴀᴠʏ ʟᴀɴɢᴜᴀɢᴇ, ᴠɪᴏʟᴇɴᴄᴇ...