Blinded by Limerence

By KaitlynSee413

"You, uh, plan to go out like that?" Furrowing my eyebrows, I cast my gaze downwards, and that's when I remem... More

00 | Author's Note
01 | Something Needs to Happen
02 | Making Progress
03 | The End of the World
04 | S.O.S.
05 | For Safe Keeping
06 | The Brew
07 | More to Him
08 | The Perfect Distraction
09 | I Like You
10 | On a Scale From One to Ten
11 | See You, Darhk
12 | I'm Happy for You
13 | Blushing Mess
14 | Behind Closed Doors
15 | Hot for Teacher
16 | Little Did I Know
17 | Lost Memories and Broken Promises
18 | Sudden Surge of Courage
19 | All I Need
20 | Gong Cha or CoCo?
21 | Her Knight in Shining Armor
22 | Be Careful Out There
23 | Long Shot
24 | What Can I Say?
26 | Shark Pajamas and Scalding Hot Lattes
27 | The Not-so-bad Bad Boy
28 | Nothing Else
29 | Broken
30 | I Promise
31 | Set My Heart Ablaze
32 | The Body Isn't Cold Yet
33 | A Bit of a Ladies' Man
34 | You Little Minx
35 | The Perfect Remedy
36 | I Want to Be Noticed
37 | Lack of Sobriety
38 | Thicker Than Water
39 | He Isn't Good for You
40 | She Feels for You
41 | Not Just Any Boy
42 | Get Your Girlfriend in Order
43 | Tomato Red
44 | She's Awake
45 | The Broken Hearts Club
46 | One Weird Afternoon
47 | You, Me, and the Boys
48 | They're Endgame
49 | The Bad Guy
50 | A Drunken State of Mind
51 | The After Party
52 | Attractive
53 | Where Are the O's
54 | She Didn't Deserve This
55 | Untouched
56 | Just a Thought
57 | Stranger in the Mirror
58 | His Smile
59 | Forget-me-nots
60 | He's Always Known
61 | In a Heartbeat
62 | The Role of Grieving Almost-Girlfriend
63 | All We Want
64 | Sleepy Hours
65 | One Day at a Time
66 | Thanks for Everything
67 | Happy Graduation!
68 | Her Redeeming Qualities
69 | The Lonely Hours of the Afternoon
70 | Missing
71 | She's Gone
72 | Lights Will Guide You Home
73 | Just Like His Father
74 | His Name
75 | The Sun and the Moon
76 | The Bane of Addie's Existence
77 | Noticeable Changes
78 | Five
79 | Adult Talk
80 | On Her Own
81 | Closure
82 | A Mess of Things
83 | Together At Last
84 | To Whom Her Heart Belongs
85 | The Moral of the Story
Epilogue
Afterword 🌸

25 | Mixed Signals

61 2 0
By KaitlynSee413

Morgan

"I can't believe it was a bust," I sighed as the feelings of regret and embarrassment sank into my soul and brought down my already-heavy heart. Glancing over at Collin to try and get a read, I sighed again as we walked down the streets of Brooklyn. "Sorry to waste your time. I-I really thought the exhibition would be better than that."

Collin, a warm smile plastered on his face despite everything, stopped in his tracks and exhaled. "Good weather we're having today, no?"

"Y-yeah," I replied, and I wondered if he was just trying to be nice to me and was secretly harboring feelings of distaste. What's going on in that unfathomable mind of his? I'm not a mind reader. 

"Care to stop for a bite?" He looked down at me, and as soon as my eyes met his steady gaze, all feelings of disappointment dissipated and was replaced by the amazing sensation of infatuation. My heart fluttered uncontrollably. 

"S-sure. I'm starving," I smiled shyly. "We could go to The Brew. I work there, so I get a discount on orders."

Collin chuckled. "Is that so?"

"Yeah," I answered. "The only thing is it's nowhere near Brooklyn."

He stared at me blankly before asking, "Then why bring it up?"

I smiled playfully, lifting my shoulders into a shrug. "I guess I was just informing you about this extremely interesting factoid about me," I joked.

Shaking his head, he grinned as he rolled his eyes. "Alright, well, then in that case, I know a place."

|

We stepped into this quaint little coffee shop that actually reminded me a lot of The Brew, and the aroma of coffee immediately took over my senses.

In hindsight, it's probably a good thing that we were spending the day in Brooklyn and far from my life. I wouldn't even know where to begin if I were to handle rumors that could come from this. Though, the fact that this... whatever this is... isn't really something that should be done... sends these exciting tingles up and down my spine. I guess that's why people are suckers for forbidden love.

"I'll have the usual," Collin told the barista with a wink. He turned to face me and asked, "Shall I order for you, Morgan?"

"Yeah, go for it," I grinned. "You come here often?"

"Yes, I grade your papers here," he chuckled before a small frown pulled the corners of his lips downwards. "Speaking of which..."

I gulped nervously. Oh no.

"You failed that last worksheet... along with the quiz before that," he said haughtily as he crossed his arms over his chest and leaned against the counter.

My heart sank at the mere fact that I failed something I actually studied so hard for. That shit hurts more than a breakup, you know. 

Should I?

Impulsively following my heart and blocking out my better judgement, my confidence wavered as I gently placed my hands on his clothed chest. "I'm so sorry, sir," I said softly, pursing my lips. "I... I can never focus in class..."

"Is that so?"

"Yes... Collin," I responded bravely, giddy with our close proximity. "You're... too distracting."

Collin didn't fail to take notice of the change in name. However, as soon as I had said the suggestive words, Collin laughed and shook his head, effectively ruining the mood. "Morgan, this is inap—"

That was when I decided to make my move. I pulled the collar of his blazer towards me and connected our lips in a sweet but chaste kiss.

When I pulled away, I saw that his face was bright pink, and it was evident to me and probably the entire coffee shop that his mind couldn't process what just happened... but it was also clear that he wasn't about to back down. With a grin that darkened his usually bright eyes, he suddenly placed his hand at the back of my head and attached my lips to his again.

Collin's mouth came down hard on mine. One of his hands cupped my chin while the other crept round my waist, turning me towards him. He nipped at my bottom lip with his teeth before sliding his tongue into my mouth. It felt so right; I didn't want it to end.

"Excuse me, sir?" a waitress suddenly interrupted, drawing our session to an abrupt end, much to my dismay. "Your order's ready."

He coughed, flustered, as he looked away to hide his blushing face. "Y-yes, thank you."

As we walked away from the counter with our food, Collin smirked and whispered into my ear, "You know... I'm not so hungry anymore now that I've finally gotten a taste of you."

||

The sun had set, and dusk settled over Brooklyn. Collin and I were exploring this serene part of the city, lost in its silent but warm and welcoming environment.

Holding onto the doggy bag with the untouched food from the coffee shop, Collin whiffed the cool air and smiled fondly. "I love Brooklyn at night," he said.

I giggled. "What's so special about Brooklyn?"

"Well, for one," he began, and, curiously enough, a smirk began to make its way to his face. He wrapped his arms around my waist in a gentle matter, then, in contrast to his tender actions, he suddenly backed me against a bricked wall and pressed his lips onto mine. "I get to do this," he breathed out against my lips, sending shivers down my spine.

As our lips moved together in perfect sync, my breath hitched, and I smiled into the kiss; I could smell the familiar vanilla scent of his blazer as my back was pressed further onto the wall.

I'm living the dream, I thought to myself as I continued to make out with my sexy physics teacher right there on the sidewalk of Brooklyn.

|||

"This is me," I told Collin, pointing to the house down the street a few blocks away.

He chuckled. "Hiding from the parents, are we?"

Figuring he understood the risk of our being seen together at this time of night, I nodded and laughed. "Of course," I replied. "What would you say if you knew your daughter was out on a date with her teacher?"

Collin's gentle blue eyes met mine, and he averted his gaze to the pebbles on the ground. "So this was a date," he said softly.

At his words, I internally panicked. I stammered, "Uh, n-no, that would be inappropriate—"

His soft, melodic laugh cut me off, and I cocked my head to the side curiously. "What's so funny?" I asked.

"Please, Morgan," he grinned mischievously. "At this point, we're way past inappropriate."

My cheeks flared up, the memory of his lips on mine still fresh. I looked away, trying my best to ignore my libido.

Still nervous, I felt the knot in my stomach twist painfully, but I was anxious to get it out. "Collin," I ventured, "what are we?"

Casually, he inserted his hands into his pockets and shivered as a gust of night wind blew over the two of us on the empty intersection. "Well," he said, looking up at the starless night sky, "for starters, I'm your teacher, and you're my student."

"And?"

"And... That's it." 

Suddenly, the sinking feeling was back, and I found myself wanting to cry.

"What... What does that mean?" I asked, dumbfounded.

"It means that... I'll see you on Monday," said Collin with a straight face. "Goodnight, Morgan."

With that final greeting, Collin began to walk away in the opposite direction.

Desperate, I called out, "Collin—"

"It's Mr. Donavan to you," he said sternly without looking back.

He was driving me crazy. One moment he was kissing me like there's no tomorrow, and the next he's telling me to call him Mr. Donavan, as if we'd never left the confines of the classroom. He's sending me mixed signals, alright, and I don't know what to make of them.

His retreating silhouette began to fade away as he disappeared from my line of sight. Soon, he's gone, and I'm left standing on the pavement, picking up the pieces of my broken heart, wondering where it all went wrong.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

154K 7.2K 63
Gawking two guys in a hot-blown make-out session in the mathematical section of the library was not what I expected my first day after Winter breaks...
94.6K 6.4K 85
✨COMPLETED✨ I took a few steps before I stopped to face him again. "Jay?" I said, barely above a whisper. "Hmm?" "I love you. You know that right?" I...
135K 2.3K 54
"I try so hard to be just friends but you sure don't make it easy." He averts his gaze from mine, and I wish he'd just look me in the face. "I don't...
238K 6.3K 62
"I need you to be the put together one because I'm so fucked up. You've saved me." He whispers. "Carter, we saved each other." I mutter looking at hi...