The Resident Badboy

By ellexpierce

What happens when two complicated people with hearts of ice meet? She's the former captain of the squad and t... More

Meet The Cast
PROLOGUE
Chapter 1 • Resident Badgirl
Chapter 2 • Accidentally On Purpose
Chapter 3 • H for Vendetta
Chapter 4 • Don't Dare The Devil
Editor
Chapter 5 • How To Get Away With Trouble
Chapter 6 • Wednesdays With Whitelies
Chapter 7 • Nearly Harley Quinn
Chapter 8 • Speak of The Devil
Chapter 9 • The Devil Reappears
Chapter 10 • Royally Pissed
Chapter 11 • Ride-Or-Die
Casts
Chapter 12 - Series Of Shocking Events
Chapter 13 • The Night Bitches
Chapter 14 • Player Gets Played
Chapter 15 • All Bite, No Bark
Chapter 16 • Dialled Hell
Chapter 17 • Don't Matter
Chapter 18 • A Walk Not To Remember
Chapter 19 • My Petals To My Roots
Chapter 20 • Griseo
Chapter 21 • Truth Heist
Chapter 22 • Pres-caught
Chapter 24 • Harley Mary
Chapter 25 • Coalition-Collision
Chapter 26 • Trojan Virus
Chapter 27 • Yeaaaaaaaaaaar
Chapter 28 • Mr. Get Inside
Reaching out 🤝
Chapter 29 • Brave Heart
Chapter 30 • Respect Begets Respect
Chapter 31 • Endgame
I'm back!
Chapter 32 • Real Or Not Real?
Somewhere in Chicago...
Chapter 33 • Earth to Gray
Chapter 34 • Grayson's POV

Chapter 23 • Rivals Of The Year

6.1K 180 129
By ellexpierce

           As soon as Paul pull's away from me, a hand grabs him by the shoulder and drags him back. The hand belongs to no other than his bestfriend, Ian, who's glaring at him for what I sense is because of his lack of tact.

           "Let's go," Allison says in a low voice but with pure authority that made every single athletes and Prescott bystanders scurry away from the scene.

           I guess she's now the boss given that she's got a better view of my book and probably even took a page or two. If anything, I'm proud. She could be the best but she can never be me. I watch them all go except for one.

           "Hey," he smiles at me and I smirk back. He shakes his head in a you-still-hasn't-changed kind of way before taking a step forward.

           "Clarke," I acknowledge him.

           He then engulfs me in a brief brotherly hug. "You know they're just acting like that because..." he trails off.

           Even though Lexus people are behind me and are taking the scene, I will still do and say whatever want to. Prescott means a lot to me too. They could go all ballistic and hurt later but Clarke has always been the realest and the less biased of all.

           "Because they felt betrayed," I continue his sentence and he nods slightly.

           Clarke reaches for my arm and squeezes it. "And also because they're kinda hoping you'll withdraw from this."

           Of course they would. I've shared a different kind of connection—or should I say relationship—with them and no mother ever turns her back from those she had raised. I then feel sets of eyes heavy on my back. I'm not going to say this for the sake of Lexus feelings.

           "Clarke, you know I won't. They are my people, too," I say in a plain voice which surprisingly Clarke takes as sincere for he smiles at me and nods understandingly.

           "I know, babe," he pulls me towards him and plants a soft and chaste kiss on my forehead. Austin and Jace crosses my mind but leaves as fast as it had come.

           "Just do what you have to do," I tell him. It's my way of somehow saying that I've never forgotten where I came from. My heart did not split into two. I grew another one of the other.

           "It's really good to see you, Harley. We all feel the same," he says and after one lingering look, he's off to babysit my little Prescott wolves.

           Relief floods through me as the thought of Clarke and fair few other keeping those who've gone rabid at bay. Prescott will do what they know they need to do for the school. Even if it means they have to forget me and everything we've all shared before.

           That's fine by me.

           A hand suddenly places itself on my shoulder, starting me a little, and when I look up, I see Grayson staring down at me with unhooded and uncaring expression. "Let's go, babe."

           Those who have ears that heard what he had just said and minds that were able to decipher who's Grayson is copying, chuckles. I, on the other hand, raises my eyebrow at him.

           "We all need to talk," I jerk his hand off of me in a violent and irritated manner that catches him by surprise. I force a smile to him before turning to everyone. "Let me tell all of you how your actions and your tempers, when not leashed, will result to Lexus' downfall. Meet me at my room in an hour."

           "But Coach Bradford said...." the male volleyball team captain says.

       "Then the choice is yours. Be Bradford's lapdog or be a captain of my circle," I say with my coldest smile before turning on my heels and walking as fast as I could.

      Lexus and Prescott are not the only ones here and the news about the former Vixen captain betraying her former team does not just circulate between the two. It runs all around the roster of participants. I'm not in the mood to be looked at like I'm wearing a sign that I'm fostering Lucifer's children. I need to stay out of the spotlight.

           "Okay listen up," I start when everyone has settled down on Bridget and I's room where the party was held last night.

           Austin and Jace surprisingly showed up but they made sure they're on measurable distance from me and our queen brat. Grayson's lounging on his abdomen on my bed with Evo and Bridget. And the rest just sort of scattered around, sat on the floor and leaned against the wall.

           "The Prescotts are not in any way intimidated by all of you," I drop it just like that, wounding all of their already defeated egos. Good job, Gold.

           "If you didn't ju——"

           "I don't need your mouth, Levy," I snap at him, glaring for a few seconds before turning back to our grinning co-players.

           "You certainly did before," he says and his mischievous grin drops as quickly as it appeared. The realization of what he has just said dawn on him.

           And it dawned on Austin and Jace, too. They way their faces turned dark and violent confirms that they get it. They must be thinking that I've made out with the spawn of Satan.

           But I have a different understanding. I don't give a damn about the kiss recently. Was Grayson talking about before, like two years ago?

           I shake my head to get rid of the thoughts. We're on game mode now so we all better focus and not dwell on irrelevant things, like Grayson's stupidity to be exact.

           "Today's game is a show game for Lexus but Prescott used this as a chance to study us. During the game, they've been nothing but observant, trying to look for any loopholes because they're sure I'll turn you as formidable as you all can be," I turn to Grayson who's scowling at me. He knows I have every intentions on smudging his reputation. "And your golden boy, the star quarterback, your resident bad boy, the——"

           "They get it," Grayson cuts in, scowl still on his face and I smirk.

           "Gave them something to toy with," I continue and everyone throws a meaningful side glance to the subject of the matter.

           "And that is?" asks Sam, Grayson's friend and the one who wore white pants on her red days. She's the captain of the women's volleyball team.

           "As if you didn't see what he did at the field," I scoff.

           "Err..." Evo starts and all attention is now on him. He scratches his head looking clueless. "Apart from Grayson attacking him because he's been ass since the start of the game, what else are you referring to?"

           I pinch the bridge of my nose. If I tell them what's the real deal, a whole new definition of Grayson-Harley will be out to the world. Guess this is now or never.

           "Ian was staring at me and for some reason your golden boy..." Grayson groans in protest. "...tackled him down. After that, he looked at Grayson and I and ran back to his team with a big smirk. What stupidity do you think formed on that head of his?"

           Mia, as usual, knows. She apparently became the president of Grayson and I's fan club. "That there's something going on between the two of you?"

           I nod and their jaws drop, apart from Austin and Jace who shared meaningful looks. "And that Grayson is ill-tempered, a trait Prescott will now toy with to get a reaction out of you and derail you from whatever it is you're planning to do."

           There's a moment of silence for a minute or two. Some may be blaming and cursing Grayson at the back of their heads or they're contemplating if they're even that ready to the real devils I created.

           "In this battle, do you want to know who your really enemy is?" I look at them one by one, except for the Satan reincarnated. "It's yourself. Our plan is genius but in order to work it out, you have to let your egos get wounded and bruised before rising to your feet and burying your enemies. And I know it's hard. No one in their right mind will endure the feeling of being looked down and humiliated."

           "Then let's think of other plans instead," interrupts Grayson and I'm not even surprised. His ego's probably the size of the freaking sun.

           "Got anything in your mind?" I dare him and he shakes his head, ego deflating but in protest.

           "Thought so," I smirk then continue growing my fellow athletes' horns. "What time is the next game?"

           "It's Westfields versus Kingston," Jaron informs me. Great, the two of the Big Three. So that means we will be sitting on the benches together with the other teams and Prescott. "In an hour."

           I should brace myself for the inevitable stare down competition. It's not going to be pretty out there.

           "Then get your best faces on and keep your tempers on leash. I'm talking to you, Grayson," I keep a blank face as he scowls at me for calling him out and for the second time, shaming him.

           "Nothing to worry about, really," he counters and now all eyes are on him. He looks at me and I give him questioning look. "What? As long as Harley is around, not only Lexus will be kept on check but so does Prescott. I mean..."

           Grayson pushes himself up on my bed, every single muscle in his arms flexing and showing themselves, and then kneels. He is matching my authoritative stance, a thing we both kind of have everytime we're on our captain mode.

           "They are after her. We're just nothing to them until Harley came. So really, all we have to do is put everything on her shoulders and let her take the wheel. She's the reason behind of it all," he mocks.

           Oh so that's where he wants to go.

           I smirk at Grayson, sending him a message that I get what he's been meaning to tell me. This is him acting out of spite because I smudged his freaking reputation. The bad boy is a softy after all.

           "All yours, babe," he winks at me before throwing himself back on my bed.

           I walk towards him, all eyes on us, warily watching and anticipating that hell will break lose between the two of us. I reach a hand to his head and pat him there. "Remember, you're a target as I am, too. We're both in this, bad boy."

           His reply is something I wasn't prepared for. My mocking is countered and shut down by his... "Always."

           The team suggested that we go to the field before anyone else gets there. Not to have our respected seats but to avoid the spotlight so we will all remain unseen. For them, a game of being the talk of the town is unnerving. They can't afford another one.

           But as usual, I say different. I have already asked Coach Bradford—yes, I talked to him and it's out of my will—to reserve seats for all of us. Since he's good at manipulating people, I'm confident he can get as much as he can. And of course, my team objected but they really can't do anything about it. I want to show them off. I want the world to see that I am now back to where I came from. I want to set their expectations high for Lexus in order for us to effectively pull out our plans.

           The higher their expectations towards Lexus's gameplay, the higher the chances that every act will be believable. Disappointment is convincing.

           "I think I'm gonna go back," I heard Jace says. Little did they know, I'm just standing silently behind them.

           "Don't you want to see them? The people she spent her life with while she's away?" Austin asks, the irritation is evident on his tone. I can't blame him though. Jace and Bridget irritates us without even trying.

           "I already had and the pre——"

           "Just fucking man up, idiot. You're blabbering like a girl!" Austin snaps and that's my cue to enter their bubble.

           I pat Jace on the shoulder, making him jump. He curses at me as he tries to steady himself and his heart rate. The petrified look on their faces sends red flags on my head. Is there something that I shouldn't have heard?

           "Put your big boy pants on Jace. Prescott knows that I have three bestfriends in Lexus and they will be looking out for all of you as well," I say, half-kidding and half-dead serious.

           When I was at Colorado, mom took the liberty of telling the tale to my Prescott friends how tight and unbreakable the Lexus Troublemakers are. She did a wonderful job on setting my former team's perspective towards Bridget, Austin and Jace. I bet she even spiked their jealousy and envy.

           Now that I'm back home and with how everything is going on, I have no idea how Prescott sees my bestfriends.

           "Not helping, Harley," Jace says and glares at me. He may be sporting an annoyed face but he is pouting like a baby. Oh how I miss this idiot.

           Claps erupted in the air and it's not for a victory, it's a clap to summon us all. Coach Bradford stands at the center of the lobby directing to the field. There are few other students from other schools in here but they are nothing compared to our bunch. Standing beside him is our Principal.

           What the hell is Principal Hayes doing here?

           And that question is on Bridget's head too since she turn half of her body towards me and cocks a questioning brow. I shrug and she rolls her eyes.

           "Principal has decided to join us," Coach announces and I know it's unintentional but given the fact that everyone murmurs and groans at the same time, it became audible.

           "I'm not here to guard your every move," Principal starts but he looks at my way and with that, I beg to fucking differ. "I'm here to watch our opponents because I was told by Coach Bradford yesterday that the tension Hurricane Harley has brought us is too strong. I want to experience that overwhelming feeling."

           Wow, what a class A arrogant idiot.

           "So let us all proceed and watch th——"

           "Everyone move!" I say, cutting Principal's feigning softness. I'm not buying it and neither does everyone else. I can see it in Coach Bradford's face as well.

           "Harley..." Principal calls me in warning but everyone else's running out the lobby and to the field, wanting to get as far away as possible from our unwanted guardian from hell.

           "I know she can be a pain in the ass," a familiar voice cuts through the air and I stop walking.

           I twist around and see that my former Principal is making his way towards my former-and-somehow-new one. Oh this can't be good.

           "Principal Watson!" Principal Hayes exclaims with forceful elation, his hands are up in the air and his mouth curved into a grin.

           "Having a hard time leashing Harley?" Principal Watson teases but I beg to differ. Only a blind will not be able to see that he's fetching for information. He wants to know if I'm really up to this championship.

           "You know the little girl, she can't be tamed, Principal Watson," he replies and I grit my teeth. My least favorite persons in the world are talking about me as though I am not here.

           The Prescott Principal chuckles and shakes his head. Such a good actor if you're going to ask me. "Yeah, that's true. But she's a gold, isn't she?"

           Evo shifts uncomfortably beside me. When I stopped to look at the Principals, my bestfriends and Grayson's mimicked me and decided to watch as well.

           "Yes. I've known her pretty much since she was a child," replies the Lexus Principal.

           This is no longer a battle for information, it's a battle of who knows—or better yet, who really owns—Harley Gold and their high levels of testosterone circulating the air. I roll my eyes at their subtlety. I don't want to witness this anymore.

           As I'm about to walk out, Principal Watson catches my attention. "Isn't it enough that you've sent a spy to my school? Now you're stealing my former captain? Are you really that desperate?"

           "Whoa..." Grayson whispers.

           That is three blows in one breathing. I know Principal Watson as a cool but tough leader of a school, but never someone who blames and someone this emotional. Apparently, my decision of siding with Prescott impacted him too.

           "Harley decided on her own. Besides, we are her first family. I honestly believe there are no stealing from you that happened, Principal Watson," the Lexus Principal remains calm and smiling as he replies to his accuser. "As for the spy you——"

           "Harley!" shouts a familiar voice and I nearly jump.

           I'm so absorb thinking about the spy Principal Watson was talking about. Did Hayes really do that? And who?

           "It's so good to see you, my lovely," coos Ms. Palamolla, my Brazillian teacher at Prescott who never stops gushing about her lipstick and how more beautiful would I be if i let her touch my golden hair and supple skin. Her words, not mine.

I like her but sometimes... she's too much. I force a smile to her and literally jumps to engulf me in her skinny arms. On my peripherals, the megalomaniac Principals ceases bantering and starts watching us.

"Thanks, Ms. P," I say and she sighs dreamily. She pulls away from the hug and pats me on my cheek gently.

"I'll see you around, okay? Be a good girl," she says and then her eyes catches Principal Watson making her look at him twice before squealing. "There you are! We've been looking for you. Ohhhhhh, are you confronting him about his spy? I talked to the kid you know. I think we're accusing him of something he did not do. Poor thing, he's been a good captain to our school."

Ms. Palamolla did all those—from patting my cheek to walking towards the Principals to blabbing about the spy—in one breathing. How extraordinary.

The horn blows signalling the start of the game and it's our cue to leave. Since I already have a hunch who's the spy they're talking about, I'm out of here.

           I spin on my heels and grab whoever my hand can grab. Unfortunately, it's Grayson and I drag him out of the lobby and everyone else's follows.

           "Are we really going to leave Principal Hayes with that mafia looking Principal?" asks Jace and I'm surprised by his concern towards him.

"Wanna go back and save him?" Jaron asks, teasing. I know it's not only me but there is no tension in the air.

Jace's bestfriends and Grayson's company are huddled in one group. If this isn't a sight for disaster, I don't know what is. I pray to heavens that this won't all blow up right now.

I suddenly feel a hand grabbing mine that's holding Grayson's arm so I snap my head to him and he grins mischievously. He is playfully touching my hand in order to acknowledge the fact and tease me about it that I am still holding him. I roll my eyes at him and he chuckles.

"Look who it is..."

That voice. That familiar and annoying big voice that'll piss me off wherever part of the world I hear it. Everyone whips their head towards the intruder as I slowly turn, already sporting a bored and uninterested expression on my face.

Kurt fxcking Crawford.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

I apologize if that's all I could
write on this chapter.
I wrote that in between my
work breaks. 😂

I'll do better next chapter.

All the love,

Elle.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 55.3K 41
Willow's always been known as the good girl with the wealthy parents who could do no wrong. Little do they know that this seemingly perfect girl has...
29.4M 871K 71
He tips my head toward his with his index finger, keeping my eyes trained on him and driving me crazy with the primal look on his face. His grey eyes...
79.6K 1.9K 40
"𝘐𝘧 𝘪 𝘥𝘪𝘦 𝘥𝘰𝘯𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘮𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘯 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘢 𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮" Alesia amor has been antisocial since the b...
9.7M 455K 34
Kara Hawthorne refuses to fall in love until the brooding Cameron crashes into her life. He burns for her like no other. But the past doesn't forget...