Mr. And Ms. billionaire

By ArinStone

'You're Leira Smith aren't you? That poor nerdy social freak who always hid behind Violet's shadow like a los... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
NOT AN UPDATE
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
NOT AN UPDATE
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31

Chapter 24

7K 270 43
By ArinStone

'What.Are.You.Doing.Here?' Laura's familiar voice booms from the parking lot of the club.

Jared has reached just a few minutes ago and he was about to go inside when he hears Laura's low shout. He gets curious so he goes towards the direction of her voice.

'Huh? Who are you? I don't know you.' The blonde teen age girl says to Laura and then looks up at the bulky body guard beside her. 'And hey there big guy, you should leave now. I wasn't trying to enter your club. I had just lost my way.'

Jared laughs at the kid's remarks. He used to be like her once. Always going to the club's with fake id's despite being a teen. The only difference is they never got caught.

'Ella, behave. You are supposed to be at the summer house. What the heck do you think you're doing here, trying to enter a club all alone? You're a sixteen year old who looks like thirteen.' Laura cries out.

Jared silently laughs at Laura's outburst. Now he remembers that girl. She's Laura's cousin.

Laura talks to the body guard who had caught Ella red handed with an fake id and apologises to him. He leaves after that.

Just after the body guard is out of earshot Ella protests.

'Hey I don't look like thirteen. I'm going to turn seventeen soon. And what are you doing here anyways? After all you, Ms. Boring never go to clubs.'

'I'm not boring and don't change the subject. You shouldn't have come here at this time. Even recklessness has a limit to it.' Laura strongly says.

'Come on! Why are you making this a big deal when it's not?'

Laura leaves an irritated sigh.

'Not a big deal! Seriously? How the hell did you manage to get out out anyways. Dad had removed all the pipes around your room's windows so that you don't pull a stunt like this.'

'Uncle forgot to cut the tree in front of my window. So...' Ella trails off with a sheepish smile.

Laura smacks her forehead and Jared starts laughing loudly. He has to give Ella credits. She's genius.

Both girls whip their heads at Jared's direction. He's in casual wear looking good as always.

When Jared realises that he's been spotted he rounds a corner and within a few seconds he reaches them.

First of all he notices Ella's hawk like stare and then looks at Laura. He pauses for a second.

Laura's always looking good but today her looks has reached another world. In a black knee lengthed dress and her original ginger hair back with a bit highlight she's looking great.

But suddenly Jared's eyes gets stuck at Laura's lips. She has put on red lipstick. Her lips come in full display with the deep red colour.

He averts his gaze from her lips but then takes a quick glance again. Normally he takes a U turn when he sees someone with red lipstick but in this case it seems like Laura's lips are just calling out to him.

But still he forces himself to not to take a look again. It would look creepy  and.......it'll be too obvious.

He mockingly glares at Laura.

'What a great way to say hi. Totally making me regret telling you about that.'

Laura just smirks but says nothing.

Jared then greets Ella which she blatantly ignores.

This girl totally hates him. Jared thinks. Too bad. She could be the female version of him.

'Take the car and go back to my place. I'll inform dad about your little escapade.' Laura says to Ella.

Ella childishly grits her teeth and then suddenly her eyes brightens and she says in a sickly sweet tone,

'If I take your car then how would you go back? Wouldn't it be better if I just stay with you and then leave together?'

Laura's reply is instant.

'No.' Then she adds, 'I'll just take a cab or something.'

'Or I can give you a ride.' Jared pipes in.

Laura again keeps quiet at this and after a while of persuading Ella, she finally leaves.

Laura leaves a tired sigh.

'Let's go inside.'

As she starts going ahead Jared follows after her.

'So what do you say about the ride?' Jared asks.

'I don't want it. Spending more than a hour in a car was torture enough.' Laura says.

'Why? Does my close proximity bother you, princess?' Jared says in a flirtious tone.

Laura stops on her tracks and turns her head at Jared with one of her eyebrows raised.

After a second she suddenly asks in a curious tone,

'Does that ever work?' She refers to pet name.

Jared gets dumbstruck and then answers in a strained voice,

'Yeah. It does actually.'

I just forgot who I was talking to. He thinks.

..................

'Two shots.' Jared tells the bartender.

After greeting their teammates,they take seats on the counter. Everyone has gone off to the dance floor. Even Grace who rarely smiles. No surprise there.

Laura hates dancing and Jared has no intention of getting laid today so both of them are quietly sipping on their drinks.

Laura notices a lot of eyes boring holes on their direction. Or to be precise, on Jared's direction. But she can't really blame those girls. After all he is a sour sight to eyes.

Without looking away from the dance floor she breaks the silence.

'Why are you sitting here being boring?'

She notices Grace snapping at Reid. He has once again managed to step in Grace's foot. Despite not dancing together. Laura smiles. Only Reid knows how he does that while being so far away from Grace.

'I could ask you the same question.'

Laura turns her face in Jared's direction to see that he's looking right at her.

'I asked first.'

A mocking thoughtful expression crosses his features.

'Well, you're right about that. Let me think. Mmm perhaps because I want to give you company so that you don't feel lonely?'

Jared's last words come out as a question.

Laura says in a fake grateful tone.

'Aww. I didn't take you as a gentleman.'

'I know you always misunderstand me.' Jared says in fake wounded tone.

'I don't think that's hundred percent true. Like I believe that you're a total flirt and whether willingly or not you break girls' hearts; a lot.' Laura says in a neutral tone.

Jared becomes a bit surprised when he doesn't detect any judgement on her tone. She's once again looking at the dance floor.

'I am a flirt. But to those who knows to take them lightly. And about me breaking hearts, well I never give them false hopes. So I can't really take the blame.'

'See. I don't always misunderstand you.' Laura says in a joking tone. 'But you definitely do. I mean how could you think that you won't regret talking heart to heart with me?'

Jared laughs at this.

'Yeah, I totally underestimated you. You actually put on red lipstick just to disturb me.'

His eyes immediately takes another quick glance of her lips.

'It's actually strange. Everyone uses red lipstick on a daily basis. How can it be possible that you steer clear of this colour.' Laura says just as the hot bartender hands her another drink.

'Sadly you're right. Just because of this reason I did so many stupid things. Like one time, dad and I went to a function together. A very important partner of ours had also come with his wife. Dad was talking to him and his wife started approaching me just as I noticed that she had red lipstick on. So like an idiot I took a really rude U turn just as she had approached me. Suffice to say she never even glanced at me after that incident. It kinda turned into a scandal.' Jared finishes.

Laura starts laughing. In the laughing marathon she even start hiccuping at some point. The hot bartender hands her a glass of water.

'Thanks...' Laura says with all of her tooth on display smiling like a Cheshire cat.

'Give me one more of these.' Laura holds up her empty drink with almost a puppy dog eyes and the bartender hands her one with a charming smile.

Jared finally starts gritting his teeth when the bartender winks at Laura and then goes to the opposite side of the counter. Laura starts sipping on her drink again.

'You didn't do that.' Jared says.

Laura asks in a curious tone.

'Do what?'

'Flirt with that bartender like that.'

Laura twitches her eyebrows a bit funnily.

'I just thanked him. Do you flirt like this that you considered that flirting?' Laura says this, now turning fully towards Jared.

'Obviously not. Believe me you don't wanna know what kind of pickup lines I used to use.'

Jared also turns towards her. They're now facing each other. Their thighs grazing.

Laura finishes her drink in one gulp. Then she leans a bit towards Jared and says with a devilish glint and a challenging tone, 'Try me.'

Jared gives a cocky smile back. Meaning: challenge accepted.

'Other than being sexy, what do you do for a living?'

Laura notices Jared's voice is sounding attractive.

She rolls her eyes.

'Eh! Not good.'

Jared doesn't take a second to reply.

'My name's Microsoft. Can I crash at your place tonight?'

Laura laughs at this. Waving her hands as: that was a good one.

Jared continues throwing pickup lines at her. Like- I was a little off today- but you've turned me on again. Or, did you invent airplane? Because you seem just wright. Or, are you a magician? Because when I look at you, You make everyone else disappear.

When Jared finally shuts up Laura's doubling over with laughter and Jared's looking at her with amusement. He realises that she's tipsy. Because she's laughing like a madwoman adding some hiccups to it.

Laura doesn't realise that she's really close to Jared now. Their nose would touch if they lean a bit more. Their close proximity not unnoticed by Jared.

They're both looking at each other intensely. Not a trace of smile at their faces. They both thinking about different things about each other.

Jared's suddenly looking a bit too attractive for Laura's liking. His lips looking too inevitable. Soft lips.

Jared starts looking at Laura's lips evidently. She's tipsy and isn't even realising anything around them- he thinks. His mind starts playing scenes in front of his eyes. Him leaning a bit more. Just a bit more and touching her soft and plump lips. Perhaps even really kissing her.

He shakes his head. What the heck he's thinking? They barely stand each other. Can't even talk properly for three minutes without bickering? Although he wants to touch those lips but it would be too...too..whatever. It's just not possible.

But seems like Laura's mind isn't over thinking like his one is doing.

Because even before he can think he feels a pair of lips at his ones.

I didn't know that I was starving
Till I tasted you.
Don't need no butterflies when you
Give me the whole damn zoo.

He barely hears the lyrics. Everything passing like a blur. He's too busy grasping the situition.

But Laura's not thinking anything. Not seeing anything. Just feeling his lips. Just as he gets his shit together, he kisses back. Their lips moulding together. Moving in a sync. Both of them not thinking anything anymore. Just feeling each other.

After Jared gets down from his high, he realises that her lips are feeling a bit too cold and a bit too still. Just as he let's go of her lips her head falls on his shoulder.

And he finally realises that Laura freaking Williams first kissed him and then she fell asleep while doing so!

And stupid him...kissed her BACK!

...............

OH MY GOD!

They just kissed. Like holy shit how did that happened? I have no freaking idea.

Okay I did. But at first it was supposed to be a peck. Then just Laura kissing him then falling asleep. But then I thought it would be too unfair.

(Devilishly smiling)

While writing them staring into each other's lips I thought perhaps I should stop them there. Just to imagining you all groaning in fustration. But then I remebered that I'm the one who's the culprit here and not you guys. So you shouldn't be the one punished.

First of all I'm sorry for not updating. But I did warn you guys about this beforehand so I'm not really guilty.

Lastly, the next update wouldn't be till 11th November. I'll be free as a Bird after that so I'll be updating more regularly than ever.

Do pray for me because I have exams from tomorrow and I'm freaking out about that.

Till next time

-Arin

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

438K 15.1K 46
"He's hotter than Chris Evans" i thought in my mind. "cool ! you think I'm hotter than Chris Evans?" i heard a voice from above my head. Did i sa...
139K 11.5K 43
Unedited... Laura is the second daughter of Chief West and the first and only child of Chief West's late first wife. She had lost her mother in a gha...
153K 21.4K 70
A flirty bartender entraps two men, an average guy and a billionaire. She's sought after by both men, who desire her. Madison Hart is outspoken, dete...
633K 22.8K 42
"don't come any closer" I stutter as he takes long strides towards me. I press my back against the shelf and he traps me with his two hands. "do you...