Mason

By MaisieGreene

Mason Miller is a quiet, seventeen-year-old girl who's lived a normal, mundane life in Brighton, England. Wit... More

Hello
Eradication
Introductions
Anxious
Boys
Amygdala
Enigmatic
Assassin
Contrite
Elude
Apodyopsis
Obstinate
Tipsy
Mortification
Perplexed
Sinister
Lilliputian
Unrequited
Shanghaied
Compunctious
Irresolute
Cretinous
Pulchritudinous
Covetous
Unsolicited
Voyeurism
Flustered
Avoidance
Morale
Warped
Extenuation
Permutation
Falling
Affected
Smitten
Gossip
Purjer
Knocking
Blackmail
Apologetic
Shithead
Sorry
Amore
Baby
Forgotten
Shattered
Ignoramus
Exhausted
Sarang
Viridity
Eccedentesiast
Abience
Philocaly
Orphic
Quatervois
Kilig
Atelophobia
Epilogue
1 MILLION
It's been a while...

Eunoia

15.6K 443 81
By MaisieGreene

[ʸᵒᵒ ⁻ ⁿᵒʸ ⁻ ᵘʰ] ᴳʳᵉᵉᵏ

⁽ⁿ.⁾ ᵃ ᵖᵘʳᵉ ᵃⁿᵈ ʷᵉˡˡ⁻ᵇᵃˡᵃⁿᶜᵉᵈ ᵐⁱⁿᵈ, ᵃ ᵍᵒᵒᵈ ˢᵖⁱʳⁱᵗ

"ᵇᵉᵃᵘᵗⁱᶠᵘˡ ᵗʰⁱⁿᵏⁱⁿᵍ'

》》》

Mason

"Hello, Mason. Are you even listening to me?"

I jumped slightly, looking at Mason. "Yeah, of course, I am."

"Okay then, what did I just say?"

"Uh. Okay, so maybe I wasn't. I'm sorry. What were you saying?"

"I said, Mom and Dad, asked if you were going to be coming over for Christmas?"

"Uh, no I don't think so."

"Mason, please. Everyone misses you."

"I still see them, Miles."

"Yeah but it's been what, nearly a year since you moved out? I don't know why you won't come back. He moved out right after you guys broke up so I don't see what the problem is."

I sighed, looking up at him. "Just because he moved out doesn't mean he's not going to show up for Christmas."

"He never showed up for Thanksgiving, so I don't really see why he'd bother now. Besides, he hasn't answered any of our calls or texts in months."

My stomach twisted at his words. Just because I had ended things, didn't mean that I don't still care about him. "Is he okay?"

He waved me off. "He's fine. He sent my mom an email letting her know he was fine. You know how Alex is."

"I'm sorry."

He looked at me perplexed. "What the hell are you apologizing for Mase?"

"For everything. If Alex and I had never gotten involved, none of this would have happened and if none of this would have happened then Alex would still be living at home or at least talking to you guys. I fucked everything up when I moved in and I'm sorry I tore your family apart."

Miles snorted loudly. "Mason I swear, sometimes you are so daft. You didn't ruin anything, especially not our family. Alex has his issues and he always will, they were there before you came and trust me, they were still there after you moved out. You can't take the blame because you and Alex didn't work out. I know you loved each other but it obviously wasn't the right time. You had just lost your father and moved to a completely different country with people you had never met. Not to mention, Alex was far from being ready to be in a relationship. He has things to deal with that he chooses to ignore instead of face head-on and that has nothing to do with you."

"Yeah but maybe if I,"

"No maybe's Mason. There are still things you don't know about Alex and I'm not about to sit here and tell you all of them but that doesn't mean that I'm going to allow you to blame yourself for things you had no control over. Despite loving each other, neither one of you were ready for a relationship."

I sighed, knowing what he said was true. And although I was unaware of the things that Alex still needed to work through; I knew now, that I was in no position to be in a relationship back then. After breaking up with Alex, Isabella and Alessandro had soon learned about everything that had happened between Alex and I, well, At least for the most part. We kept the kidnappings and illegal fighting a secret. And after talking with them, they asked if I would like to go live with the boy's grandmother, Lucy who lived a town over.

I agreed, wanting to do anything to get out of the house and away from Alex. Of course, I still spent time with the De Luca's, apart from Alex but I soon learned that he had moved out shortly after I had. And despite was Miles says, I still feel somewhat responsible for the lack of communication between him and his family.

"I just, I don't know Miles. I don't think it's a good idea."

"Of course you don't but Mom and Dad do and they'd really like to see you. They miss you, ya know. You're their child too and they want you there for Christmas."

"What if he's there?"

"Then he's there and we'll avoid him like the plague."

I chuckled, shaking my head. "I don't know."

"Well, I do and you're going. Let's go pack your bag and we can head over now."

"Uh, wait. What? Christmas isn't for four days."

"But we have things we need to do." He urged, grabbing my hand and pulling me up.

"Like what?"

"Like decorating the tree."

"What? You haven't decorated the tree yet? Christmas is only four days away."

"Yeah, but Mom was hoping you'd come so she made us hold off on all of the Christmas decorations and cookie decorating in hopes that I could convince you to come."

A smile immediately made its way to my mouth as I halted our trek up the stairs. "Really?"

He tugged on my arm once again. "Yes now hurry up. We've all been deprived of Mom's Christmas cookies because of you and I can tell you now that if you don't come willingly, I have ten other people that are willing to help me kidnap you to ensure that we can have our damn cookies. Now let's go, woman! Times a-wastin'. "

I allowed him to pull me up the steps, smiling as he whined about his cookie deprivation and how it was all my fault.

"Could you pack any slower?" He whined, stomping his foot like a petulant child.

"I'm going as fast as I can." I lied. Okay, so maybe I was moving a tad slower just to irritate him but I mean, come on; I couldn't really pass up the opportunity now, could I?

"Mason Marie Miller, stop being a little twat and hurry up. You and I both know that it does not take you that long to pack and you're just being a butthole to tease me."

I cackled, zipping up my suitcase and placing it on the ground. "Your behavior makes me question why Greyson still puts up with you."

"Don't you bring my man into this." He sassed, heading out the door.

I snorted, shoving my things into the backseat. "Eye, eye Captain."

Squinting at me, he climbed into the driver's side but not before smacking his forehead on the side of the car; which of course, sent me into a fit of laughter.

Grunting, he rubbed his head as he turned the key in the ignition. "Damn mother for liking you and damn me for volunteering to be the one to come get you."

I smiled, fastening my seatbelt. "And what made you so sure I would come with you."

He glanced in the rearview window and began backing out. "I didn't." He shrugged, looking back at me for a moment as he shifted into drive. "But I brought duct tape and sleeping pills just in case."

I gasped, "You did not."

"Oh, you can bet your ass I did."

"Miles DeLuca, I am ashamed of you."

He snorted, "Bitch, I ain't about to let you or anyone else get in the way of me and my Christmas cookies."

"You wouldn't have really used them."

"Hell yeah, I would. I need my damn cookies and I've waited long enough. You were coming with me willingly or not."

I scoffed, crossing my arms over my chest. "I can't believe you."

"Yeah, yeah. Don't act like your ass wouldn't do the same for some candy." I opened my mouth to object but quickly shut it, knowing he was right.

Slumping back in my seat, I leaned my head against the window. I was nervous, more than nervous actually. Not just about seeing everyone together but at the possibility of him being there. I mean, I wouldn't expect anything less. Of course, I see them as my family as well but he's their son which gives him precedence over me any day.

I hadn't faced him since that day in the cafeteria. I hadn't even meant for all of that to come out, it just did. And though I cried for weeks on end, It was what was best; for the both of us. Miles was right earlier, neither of us were ready for whatever it is we were trying to do. The relationship, if you could even call it that was an unhealthy mess with far too much fighting and miscommunication. Not to mention the fact that we had things we needed to deal with before even thinking about being in a relationship.

A year later and I now realize that despite what I thought and what I wanted, I didn't love him, not in that way. Not in the way I thought I did. I couldn't. I couldn't love him when I didn't even love myself. Obviously, I'm not saying there weren't any feelings there or that love couldn't have been a possibility but at the time in my life, it wasn't on the table. I wasn't ready for it.

And by no means am I saying I am now but I sure as hell know that I'm a lot better now. I'm in healthier mind space and though it's taken some time, I've learned to love myself for me. I've also come to terms with my father's death and the fact that he's no longer here. I think before, I just wanted so badly to not feel the pain and gut-wrenching ache I had whenever he'd come to mind; that I threw myself out there into any and everything whether that be a date with a cute boy or pursuing my attraction of Alex well before I was mentally ready.

I hadn't processed anything. I hadn't given myself the time to and now that I have, I can say confidently that I'm better. Of course, I'll never get over the pain of losing him and some days are harder than others but that doesn't mean that I'm not getting better.

Miles and I chatted away and sang some of our favorite Jonas Brothers songs as well as making sure to stop and get eggnog milkshakes which honestly, were incredible.

My stomach clenched as we pulled into the familiar driveway which was, as usual, filled with cars. Stepping out, I shivered slightly at the sudden gust of wind brushing by me. "No Christmas lights?"

"Nope. I told you, Mom wouldn't allow us to decorate anything without you and now we look like we hate Christmas all thanks to you. Why do you hate us Mason and why do you hate Christmas?"

"Hey! I never once said I hated Christmas and of course, I love all of you; well, maybe except you. You're being extra grouchy today and I don't like it."

"I'm telling you, Mason, it's because I need my damn cookies." He grunted, shoving open the door. Immediately, the smell of gingerbread surrounded me. Miles did a little wiggle and hip thrust next to me.

"I thought you said she wouldn't make cookies without me?" I teased.

"Oh, she did but I texted her while you were packing to let her know that we were coming and that she could go ahead and get started on the cookies."

"And she believed you? For all she knew, you could have been lying."

"I took a video of you being a damn snail and packing things."

"Uh, yeah because that's not creepy."

He shrugged, pulling his jacket off. "Whatever, I'm still getting my cookies." I smiled, shaking my head as I followed him into the kitchen, the aroma of Christmas baking getting stronger. "Mother, please tell me there and some cookies ready?" Miles pleaded.

Instantly, Isabella turned around a wide grin stretching across her lips as she rushed around the island and over to me, immediately embracing me in a hug. I smiled, quickly wrapping my arms back around her. "I'm so glad you came." She pulled back, keeping her hands on the top of my arms. Her eyes glistened with unshed tears making me feel horrible.

"Please don't cry. I'm so sorry, I didn't,"

She laughed lightly, shaking her head as she wiped away a single tear. "You have nothing to apologize for sweetheart, I'm just so happy you're here."

"I am too."

"Yes, yes. We're all excited she's here. The cookies Mother?"

She sighed, letting go of my arms to face her impatient son. "Let me get them for you, you beast." Walking back to the counter, she pulled out a platter of perfectly decorated cookies causing Miles to squeal like a girl. Just as he reached out to grab one, she pulled the tray back. "Uh, uh. Ladies first."

I smirked at Miles who gave me the stink eye as I slowly grabbed the biggest cookie on the tray. As soon as the tray was in front of him, he grabbed three cookies causing Isabella to shake her head. "You're ridiculous child. You know, I'm only allowing you to have so many because you got my Mason here."'

Smirking evilly, I turned to her. "I'm happy I came but, did you know that Miles brought sleeping pills and duct tape with him in case I didn't agree."

Miles' mouth dropped open as Isabella gasped turning to him. "You did not."

"No Momma, I would never." He was blatantly lying and it took everything in me not to burst out laughing.

"He said he had them in his trunk if you need proof."

In the blink of an eye, all of the Christmas cookies were snatched out of his hand. "Shame on you."

"But, but, Mom! My cookies."

"Well, maybe you should have thought about that before. Now I believe you owe Mason and apology."

"Can I have my cookies after I say sorry?"

"No. Maybe, if you can behave yourself you can have one after dinner."

"One?!"

"Do you want to make it zero?"

He sighed, his shoulders slumping. "No."

"Good boy. Now apologize to Mason and then go help your brothers grab the boxes from the hallway. We have tons of decorating to do."

As soon as she left, his eyes flicked to me. "You're evil."

I snickered, taking a massive bite of my delicious cookie; making sure to moan for exaggeration. Nodding, I looked right back at him, "It's so good."

Huffing, he turned around mumbling, "You suck."

"So do you."

》》》

authors note,

Hello!!!

Welcome to the sequel to DeLuca. I hope you all enjoy it as much as you did the first book and thank you all again for reading!

I love you all,

Maisie

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.4M 138K 39
She - Innocent, shy, clumsy, naïve 19 year old beautiful girl who's trying to face the challenges life is throwing at her. With no parents besides he...
745K 16K 33
Briar has to move to a new place with her mother after she has found a new job. One that can benefit both of them. She now has to go to a new school...
67.9K 932 31
Enemies to lovers❤️ Imagine if your worst enemy would move in RIGHT NEXT TO YOUR HOUSE? This book about Grayson and Isabella will tell you how she ex...
123K 5.2K 47
meet Lilly White a nineteenth year old who has been abused by her dad for nine years since her mom died who her dad along with herself believes is th...