Willow

By Thushiisawesome

Willow Catherina Moonclaw. One of the only two female Alphas in the top twelve packs. Her past follows her li... More

PROLOGUE
Chapter 1: An Unknown Call
Chapter 2: Arrangements
Chapter 3: The Lost Alpha
Chapter 4: Demons and Angels
Chapter 5: Battles and Shopping
Chapter 6: Something unexpected
Chapter 7: Storming around
A/N
Chapter 8: Collisions
Chapter 9: Little Siren
Chapter 10: Recovering
Chapter 11: Late night wars
Chapter 12: Friendship
Chapter 13: Breakfast and Royals
Chapter 14: Two Alpha Wolves
Chapter 15: Problems...
Chapter 16: A little green eyed
Chapter 17: Awful habits
Chapter 18: Baby sitting
Chapter 19: Teasing
Chapter 20: Mates
Chapter 22: The Hunt (Part 1)
Chapter 23: The Hunt (Part 2)
A/N: the second
Chapter 24: Fae are mean

Chapter 21: An unexpected date

102 4 1
By Thushiisawesome

I'm so sorry for this extremely late update. I've been having a very busy and slightly shitty number of days. And on top of that I'm facing a little bit of a writer's block. But I'm back now so enjoy the chapter, and do press the little star at the end of it.

Willow's P.O.V

The Queen finally proposed something interesting today. And while this announcement pushed back my date with Micah, it also allowed for something quite exiting.

"Today their will be a competition of sorts. A little spice to your so far languid stay," Queen Victoria announced, "It won't be between Alphas or Lunas, no, it'll be between every member present here excluding me and the King. It'll be between Lunas and Betas, Alphas and Lunas, Alphas and princes. You may join either as a mated pair or single players. Players below the age of sixteen will be left in the daycare and gaming rooms. There will be three stages to this competition. The first will take place in the forest. Due to the recent incident that took place, we have made sure to thoroughly screen through and assure you that it is safe. The first stage is a treasure hunt. We have hidden a precious and rare artifact in the forest and you are to find it by scent. Further details will be explained later on. Please return to your rooms and prepare. Once the bell is rung, proceed to the western hall and register yourself or your pair. Now enjoy your breakfast because you will be needing as much energy as you can muster."

The breakfast hall burst into exited chatter and the scent in the room grew thick with competitiveness. Wolves were territorial animals and in most cases hungry for more. A precious artifact could mean anything from a cursed crown to an enchanted robe, and I for one was thoroughly curios.

"Do you know what it might be?" Ray asked nudging me.

"No but color me intrigued," I muttered before turning towards my Beta, "I assume you'll be partnering with your mate."

I was surprised to see Ray grimace a little, "Yeah, of course, but Nat isn't really too fond of trudging through snow."

My brows rose along with my irritation,"She'll have to learn Ray, I will not have my Beta female staying back because she's afraid of a little snow." 

Ray nodded in resignation at my statement and kept quiet for the rest of breakfast. I was never harsh on him unless I deemed it necessary, and I hated that it had been made so because of his mate.

My eyes wondered to my own mate who was talking to his own Beta. He was actually smiling really brightly and I wondered what their conversation was about.

After breakfast I immediately sought out Micah. He was waiting for me by the end of the hall and grinned as I walked towards him.

"And what exactly has you so happy this early in the morning?" I questioned teasingly.

"Annabeth and Frank aren't participating" he stated still grinning.

"Okay? Um, why?" I asked completely confused, "Did you not want them to? Is somethin-"

"Anna's pregnant!" he exclaimed, his grin nearly splitting his face as he hugged my shocked body.

"What? Seriously? Congratulations!" I wished, hugging him back as I felt him vibrating with happiness. No wonder Annabeth wasn't there at breakfast.

He pulled back and cupped my face, "I'm just so happy Willow. I'm so happy for my best friends. They've been trying for the past two years now but haven't been successful and now Selene's finally blessed them. You don't know the amount of pain they went through with every negative test."

I rose to my tiptoes and kissed his forehead lovingly. This man was simply adorable.

"I'm happy for them Micah, they obviously deserve this. I'll be sure to pay Anna a visit today. Did Frank leave already?" I asked and I could feel Violet puff up. Another member would be joining her pack soon. She'll have someone new to protect.

"The love-sick puppy hightailed it out of here as soon as the Royals left the room. I had to drag him here for the sake of appearances," Micah replied chuckling. Then his mood changed and he glanced down at me smirking,"Speaking of Royals, this treasure hunt wasn't exactly how I pictured our first date."

I laughed and pushed him back, "Oh you'll have to do much better than a treasure hunt to impress me my sweet Alpha."

He growled at me playfully and then suddenly his eyes lit up. A competitive glint entered his pupil and I immediately wanted to know what was on his mind.

"What? What are you thinking?" I asked suspiciously.

"Tell me, Siren, who do you think is going to find the treasure first?" he asked and his wicked smile was definitely turning me on. "Will it be you or me?"

I immediately caught his drift and Violet crouched into a fighting stance, her tail wagging at the challenge, "Why don't we find out darling?"

With that, we grinned challengingly at each other before dashing to our rooms.

....................................................................

All participants were gathered along the border of the east forest. I had changed into pair of white leggings and matching tank top. My hair trailed my back in a single braid and a pair of snow boots encased my feet. Others wore similar outfits but I noticed some males wearing a jacket and tie and some females wearing tight dresses. They were definitely going to be at a disadvantage, especially the one wearing the red dress.

Then I realized it was Natasha.

I resisted the urge to scream before walking towards my Beta pair. She was already complaining about the state of her flats and I could only be grateful she'd had the brain to not wear heels. She was pointing at Ray's legging and tank top attire and clearly scolding him about it. The audacity of this woman.

"Good morning, Natasha," I greeted politely and ignored the grateful look Ray threw at me.

Natasha whirled around and smiled forcefully at me, "Alpha Willow! Good morning!"

"Can I know why my beta female is wearing maxi dress for a treasure hunt in a forest?" I asked pursing my lips. I was past worrying about what Ray might think. He was her mate, but she was my Beta female.

"But- But Alpha Willow!" she whined, "I can't be seen wearing common clothing!"

"Common?" I asked incredulously, "This is standard gym and training attire. Have you undergone a single training session in your old pack?"

"Of course not, I was the princess!" she exclaimed and Ray gave her arm a reassuring squeeze, though his eyes looked pain. The poor bastard was going through this all these days.

"I believe Princess Celeste is over there with her brothers and she has been training since she shifted," I stated, "So if the real princess can find it in herself to train, as is compulsory for protection, why can't a normal Alpha's daughter like you?"

Natasha's face was now red with anger and she openly glared at me. Violet immediately came forward and flashed her teeth and the weak girl stepped into her mate's arms cowering. Violet spoke next.

"I cannot fault you for the teachings of your old pack, but you are part of my pack now," she growled, "And the Moonclaw pack doesn't tolerate disrespect. Nor are we in need of a beta female that cannot protect our pack. This will be the last time you shame my pack's name. So as soon as we return you will be trained. And should you refuse, I will choose a new Beta female and you can continue to be Ray's mate but nothing more." 

She whimpered and sniffled, her head hanging low and Ray looked at me pleadingly.

We'll talk later Ray, I mind-linked him before walking away.

I stormed away to the supply table to chose my weapon. The Queen earlier announced that this would indeed be a serious game. We were allowed to physically hurt each other but not up to the point of death. We were each given a tracking bracelet after we registered and a new piece of information about the artifact was released. Whoever found it, could keep it. And also the object in question emitted a presence. Once you were close to it, you would feel it. This only meant that it was a powerful, because for an object to emit a presence, quite a bit of strength was needed.

My amethyst eyes danced over the selection of weapons when they landed on a set of throwing knives. They were conveniently arranged around a belt  and by tapping the metal, it was confirmed as steel. All the weapons were most likely steel. Silver in this competition would probably cause lasting damage.

I grabbed the belt and tied it around my hips and picked up two hunting daggers and slipped then into my boots. Now I felt ready to face against fellow high ranking wolves.

I felt a pair of arms wrap around me and  I immediately relaxed into them, smiling as I did, "Yes Micah?"

"You looked a little stressed earlier, not worried about loosing are we?" he chortled nipping my ear and eliciting a harmless growl from me.

"You'll be eating snow soon, Wolfsbane," I commented before getting serious and deciding to confide in him, "And no I was actually stressing about my Beta's mate."

"Natasha Evergreen?" he asked and then seemed to remember something, "Oh I remember her."

My jealousy suddenly flared, "Do explain?"

"Well you run two thirds of the US, while me and Alpha Evergreen run our respective halves of the remaining one third along with half of Canada for me and a part of Mexico for him," he stated and continued explaining, "I visited the Evergreen pack around four to five years ago and that's where I remember her from. She was a huge headache during my one night stay. She offered to give me a tour and then purposely got lost, threw a tantrum at the dinner table and raised her voice at the omegas, kept throwing herself at me, and back then I was still waiting for you. And her parents never said a word against her."

"That's... interesting to know," I commented, not really knowing what to stay. Her case was going to have to wait till we returned back to Moonclaw territory. But if she pissed me off again, I will not be held responsible for my actions.

My thought process was interrupted by the Queen and me and Micah broke off and headed towards the hastily made podium.

"Listen closely wolves," the Queen addressed, glowing in her light blue icicle dress, "The hunt will start with General Kurt's howl," she pointed at a large mahogany brown wolf, "and you will enter the forest. You will be going in basically blind and the challenge is to sense a presence you are not aware of. If anyone is severely harmed, please hit the red button on your tracker. If someone finds the prize, please press the green button. I wish you all good luck and may Selene bless you."

Before anyone could even take a breath, General Kurt's howl cut through the air and the white field fell into chaos.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.5K 506 34
Selene was blessed by the Goddess Artemis. Having lived in the Bloodwood forest all her life, what happens when she stumbles upon a little werewolf...
256K 12.4K 67
"I'm going to erase and replace that man-every man-from your mind," Alexander's grip on me tightens. A snarl escaping his lips to remind me exactly w...
29.9K 859 50
Kathy lost her mate of over seventeen years in a rogue attack. After two years she, her mother and son relocate to a new pack hoping for a fresh star...
2.2K 94 17
This is a world where power and dominance stand above anything and everything else. This is a world where you don't want to run around in the dark. ...