The Blind Bandit (DISCONTINUE...

By Ladywhite12

In a savage world ruled by the pursuit of the most delicious foods, it's either eat or be eaten! This is the... More

Chapter 1: A new day begins
Chapter 2: Kings and a chef
Chapter 3: Puffer Whale part 1
Chapter 4: Puffer Whale part 2
Chapter 5: Capture complete. A new danger emerges
Chapter 6: The Battle Wolf part 1
Chapter 7: The Battle Wolf part 2
Chapter 8: The Battle Wolf. Part 3
Chapter 9: The Regal Mammoth part 1. Meeting Sunny
Chapter 10: The Regal Mammoth part 2. Separation
Chapter 11: The Regal Mammoth part 3. An ally
Chapter 12: The Regal Mammoth part 4. Reunited
Chapter 13: The Regal Mammoth part 5. In the belly of the beast
Chapter 14: The Jewel Meat. Part 1
Chapter 15: The Jewel Meat. Part 2
Chapter 16: The Jewel Meat part 3
Chapter 17: BB Corn part 1
Chapter 18: BB Corn part 2
Chapter 19: Terry vs Plant Hell
Chapter 20: The BB Corn cooking process
Chapter 21: Evolution. Toriko vs Grinpatch
Chapter 22: Welcome to Gourmet Town
Chapter 23: Gourmet National Treasure, Setsuno
Chapter 24: The Dining Hall. Legendary soup
Chapter 25: New region, Ice Hell
Chapter 26: Ice Hell part 1
Chapter 27: Ice Hell part 2
Chapter 28: Ice Hell part 3
Chapter 29: Ice Hell part 4
Chapter 30: Ice Hell part 5
Chapter 31: Ice Hell part 6
Chapter 32: The last drop part 1
Chapter 33: The last drop part 2
Chapter 34: The Country of Life
Chapter 35: The healing process
Chapter 36: The taste of the Century Soup
Chapter 37: Hope. God. And Toriko's sweet house.
Chapter 39: The Ozone part 1
Chapter 40: The Ozone part 2
Chapter 41: The Ozone part 3
Chapter 42: Partners. Toriko's decision
Chapter 43: Toriko enters the Gourmet World
Chapter 44: Feelings Understood. A Broken Soul
Chapter 45: Melk the Sharpener part 1
Chapter 46: Melk the Sharpener part 2
Chapter 47: Melk the Second's Secret
Chapter 48: The Melk Stardust
Chapter 49: Gourmet Carriage. Zebra part 1
Chapter 50: Zebra part 2
Chapter 51: Zebra part 3
Chapter 52: Gourmet Pyramid part 1
Chapter 53: Gourmet Pyramid part 2

Chapter 38: The IGO President

405 8 6
By Ladywhite12

Sarafina nervously gripped the box tighter and clutched it to her chest as the two climbed up the staircase. They just gotten off an underground train and dropped off in front of a long tunnel. "Relax, will ya? The harsh scent of fear is killing my nose." Toriko complained to her, reaching the top that revealed lush green grass, beautiful clear blue waters that were scattered with rocks poking out here and there. "I'm not scared! I'm too nervous!" She corrected him enjoying the fresh ocean scent. It got even more picture-like when the woman laid eyes on the house. It was a very humble wooden cottage.

"It's been....so long..." She whispered to herself. Kururu sensed her uneasiness and nuzzled against her cheek, hoping to comfort her. "Same thing." The hunter's voice snapped her out of the dreaminess of the place. "Very well then...." Sarafina sighed as she glanced at the box of cookies she had made for this meeting. Her blindness has hindered her skills in certain places...but making cookies were the thing she was able to do well in the kitchen. Thanks to a certain someone who took the time to teach her. "Sure hope he likes these." She muttered then got an annoyed look as the larger man complained once more. "I don't know why you made cookies for this. We're just seeing the old man."

"You do realise that this 'old man' just so happens to be the president of this place. The least I can do is make a good impression." Sarafina told him. Toriko hmphed then replied, "Explains why even you dressed up for this. He may not even like those plain cookies."

The snow kitten growled at him and Sarafina raised an eyebrow her at his light smirk. "You're just moody because I refused to give you any." She said and watched him ring the doorbell. A second later a man answered the door. He was a short middle-aged man with pale skin and big lips. He appeared to be balding on the top of his head and has black hair on the side. He wears a black formal suit with a white dress shirt and a dark red bow tie.

He clasped his hands together and greeted them in a cheerful tone, "Well, well. We've been waiting, Toriko-sama and Sarafina-san." Extending a hand out a bit the hunter returned the greeting with a relaxed smile, "Hey there, Morton! Is the old man in?"

'Oh? The two knew each other?' Sarafina thought to herself with interest. From what Toriko had told her on the train, the president had raised Toriko and the other Heavenly Kings. Now that she thought about it, it did make sense.

"Yes, he's waiting. Right this way." The man, Morton, said as he invited the two inside and lead the way. Sarafina smiled to herself as she stepped inside. It hasn't changed a bit. Though Toriko wasn't even paying attention to the house at all. Except when he noticed the ornamental fish tank. "Oooh! That's one tasty-looking fish you've got in that gourmet case!"

"Toriko, that's ornamental. Do you not know what that is?" Sarafina chided him a bit, trying not to feel amused. "Th..that's not a gourmet case! It's an ornamental tank. This is one of only four Energy Arowana in the world." The hunter got a disappointment/don't care look as he replied, "You mean it's not food? Then I could care less. Ow?! What was that for?!" He rubbed his side a bit from where she hit him with her elbow.

"Don't be rude! Not every animal is food you know! I have to hurt you if you tried to eat my Kururu." Sarafina told him. Honestly, this man! Stomach instead of a brain! Just as he was about to reply, Toriko noticed the three had reached a very wide open terrace. "The president is on the terrance." Morton informed the two as the larger man said nothing for a moment then went, "Ah."

At the far end of the deck three chairs (one already occupied) and a small table with an umbrella waited for them. As the two walked over to the person Sarafina's heart was beating rapidly in her chest. Each step she took, she grew more and more nervous. Maybe it was a bad idea to come here. Before anything could be said when they reached the table Toriko plunked down the bottle of booze he had brought for his gift. She hoped he'll liked the chocolate chip cookies...or at least pretended or tell her nicely otherwise. "Brought you some rainbow fruit wine! It's 170% proof! Sorry it's such a plain souvenir, gramps." Toriko greeted him.

Sitting the chair, was a tan-skinned older man with blonde hair and a long blonde moustache. He wore a pair of sunglasses and leopard print shirt and pants. "What's plain about it? Rainbow fruit itself is so alcoholic that it's downright tacky!" The older man replied. Like he should talk! "Then what do you call that shirt?!" Toriko growled as he plopped down in a chair.

Sarafina smiled and shook her head in amusement as she sat down. The older man took the bottle from the table and grasped it, using a finger to pop off the cork with ease right into his mouth. "Heh heh. I've heard what you've been up to Toriko." The older man told him as he poured some of the wine up. "Don't eat the cork." Toriko told him in a "for real?" tone. The woman raised an eyebrow as the other man continued to talk.

"You've hunted down rainbow fruit, puffer pig, wonder meat, G1 corn and emerald soup. Right?" Just what the heck did he just rattle off? "Wrong! Other than the rainbow fruit, you got it all wrong!" The younger hunter shouted angrily. Sarafina gave off a small giggle as she listened to them talk. "So young lady. I don't believe we exchanged names." The woman blinked a bit when he turned his attention to her. Sarafina quickly became nervous and was filled with dread. She slightly hesitated before telling him.

"I'm...Sarafina." She replied politely and blinked in silent fear again when he glared, at least she believed he glared when he turned to face Toriko. "Why didn't you introduce the lovely lady sooner?! How rude!" The older man scolded Toriko a bit with the hunter retorting back, "You already know right? The whole situation I mean."

"That's beside the point! I'm Ichiryu, the IGO president."

"Nice to meet you." Sarafina started. She was so confused right now. What is going on here? "What's in the box? Smells good." The older man asked, looking at the box in her hands. Oh! She almost forgot about the cookies! "I didn't know what to bring so I made some cookies... But judging from everything else...you might not like them.." Sarafina said with crestfallen tone.

"Most likely it won't suit your taste, old man." Toriko rumbled a bit and tried not to smile at the glare the woman gave him. "Stop your pouting! I'll make another batch just for you, you big baby." Sarafina told at him as she nervously passed the box of treats over to the older man...who ate them all in one bite. "Did you even taste them?" Sarafina asked amazed even though the hunter complained bout not getting one. "Not bad. Pretty tasty."

"Thanks. I just did simple ones because I didn't know what you'd like." Ichiryu chuckled a bit and gave a list of possibilities that wasn't gonna happen... "Anyway, I always love to hear you've been busy." Ichiryu started, clearing changing the topic to before, taking a sip from his cup. "Mm, this drink goes down easy." A split second later he spat it out quickly exclaiming, "Pyaah! The alcohol's too strong."

"You're not a big drinker, remember?!" Toriko angrily shouted at him before reaching for his own drink. "Sheesh. What'd you call us here for anyway? Do you want us to catch something?" This felt like a weird game going on with the old man. He brought the two out here for something important. She could think of a few things but only one stood out the most. That God ingredient. But things remain to be seen. But Sarafina desperately hoped it was God. She needed to capture that ingredient.

"Heh heh. Don't jump the gun, Toriko. I'm not so sure you can capture what I'm looking for." That sounded an awful like a taunt. The hunter calmly finished his drink then got a sly look. "I'll bite. What's the lucky food?" Toriko inquired glancing at the older man. Ichiryu said nothing for a moment then said abruptly, "God! More or less." Yes! Sarafina totally called. Some large animal that slightly resembled a large seal, splashed in the front of them and getting them wet from the droplets. Kururu flinched at the sudden contact of water and scurried away. Sarafina wiped a little out of her face but the hunter was transfixed onto the older man.

His expression was a little hard to read. It was a mixture of stunned surprise and slight shock. "You're...after God too.." Toriko started but Ichiryu seemed to try to wave it off. "Nah, forget it. Forget whatever I just said."

"You mean... Are you telling me..?" Toriko continued to try but got the response of, "Forget it." Sarafina was looking down. Eyes wide and body shaking all over. It's true...the rumours were true...! God was going to reappear...! 'It's true! I have to get God! No matter what!' Sarafina thought to herself. The blonde-haired man stared at her a bit as Toriko got a sharp penetrating look as he finished. "You're saying that the news that God would appear within the next few years...is true!" Toriko said.

The two didn't even appear to be bothered with water dripping down their faces. Ichiryu reached over onto the table and got one of the cigar barks that Toriko smokes and snapped his fingers to light it. "In Acacia's later years... He took on three disciples.. To leave his teachings on food to the world." The older man started then took a deep puff of the cigar and exhaled the smoke as he continued. "Phew.. I'm one of 'em!"

That surprised Toriko big time. "! Huh?!" Toriko exclaimed in surprise. The other man continued on. "The second is Knocking Master Jiro. And the third..is the current boss of Gourmet Corp." Now THAT was surprisingly disturbing. "What?! Gourmet Corp?!" Toriko exclaimed in surprise again. Then he quickly looked at the other man. "Wait! Just how old are You?!" Toriko just caught on to his astonishing old age?

"Acacia made any and every food available to us. But starting with God, everything pertaining to his own full course meal.. He kept from us. Acacia knew...that the food capable of stopping a war...could also start a war."

"Of course. Anything that could bring peace could be the very same tool to start the next war. Unfortunately." Sarafina commented, quietly cause this wasn't exactly her business. She failed to notice the slight twitch of Ichiryu's lips as the information sunk into the hunter. "God...could start wars?" Toriko asked in shock.

"God heralded in the age of go. Even if those who knew it's taste passed on... It's legacy could never be erased. Meaning that some people would stop at nothing to acquire God. Including people like you, Toriko. Me, I just want to prevent war. That's my duty as Acacia's disciple. I think of it as my greatest and final duty in the age of gourmet."

"Old man..." Toriko said quietly then got some sort of strange blank look in his eyes. This stubborn old coot wasn't going to go anywhere just yet. So he should relax. Ichiryu continued to speak. "Today.. Before that big, final job starts.. I wanted to see you one more time, Toriko. Coco, Sunny and Zebra too. Heh heh. I'll never forget your little faces...from those good old days. You boys...are going to be the pillars of the next age of gourmet!" A slight half smile grazed Toriko's lips as he wore a slight reminiscent expression.

Then it quickly went into a familiar cocky smirk. "Oh please. You've already retired from your position as "top" of the age of gourmet. All your meals are delivered to you and your arms have gotten flabby." Toriko told him as he careless waved a hand.

"That's the start of smack talk, Toriko. Be careful..." Sarafina tried to warn but she glared at him in annoyance as he brushed off her words. "The four kings are already the pillars of this age. If it's God you want.." Toriko hot a cocky look on his face as he boldly exclaimed, "I'll find it for you! You just relax, old man! Ow! What was that for?!" Toriko grumbled, rubbing his shoulder on the spot where Sarafina had smacked him. "Who said he was retiring, you fool?! You just spoke out a lot of smack talk! You better be able to back this up!" Sarafina scolded at him. "Of course he is! He just said so! I can totally back those words! When I get God you owe me an apology!"

Ichiryu watched them in amusement for a few moments before he broke into laughter, making the two blink and look over to him. "Of all the things I've heard! You make me laugh, Toriko! Sarafina, you're just too funny!"

Eh? That was funny..? "B-but..." The older man leaned close in to Toriko, who looked a little disturbed for having his personal space invaded, and continued to talk, "Like the kiddo said. Don't run your mouth off when you don't know the first thing about the gourmet world." The two watched as Ichiryu righted himself and removed his sunglasses corrected him, "For your information, I'm not retired. I'm just on vacation. Don't confuse me with that drunkard Jiro." The blond man then yanked down his shirt to reveal a well-built chest.

"Well, Toriko? How about you show me what you're capable of! Are you all bark, or do you bite too?" The challenge from his adopted father got Toriko quickly into fighting mode. "Fine! You're on! And I won't go easy on you!" Toriko challenged him right back. How did this visit turn into them fighting? "Heh heh. Come at me like you mean to kill me. My little Toriko." The blonde man taunted him a bit in a friendly manner. "Why do I have the feeling the whole thing was leading up this?" Sarafina sighed as she watched on. This was not what she had planned when she came here... But at least it's going to be interesting.

A while later

"I'm still question of how this even possible! It's both scary and amazing!" Sarafina squeaked out, tightening her grip on the older man's back as the two skipped across the water. Literally. Kururu was running across the water right beside them as upon contact, the water froze beneath her paws and she ran down the icy tail. When Ichiryu offered to take her to take to where he and Toriko were gonna fight she stupidly agreed, cause the boat was way too small, at least with a man as big, not to mention large, as Toriko taking up majority of the space in it for two, the one that the hunter was currently using anyway.

The older man laughed heartily as he adjusted her on his back with ease. "Not to worry, kiddo! Our destination is in sight! I'm happy you haven't change a bit. I missed you very much." He cheerfully told her as a rather large barren island except for grass and some trees scattered a bit came into view. Sarafina let out a gasp when Ichiryu said this. "You mean, you... I...I thought you've completely forgotten about me? I thought you angry with me."

"What?! What the hell are you saying?! As if I forget or be angry with the sweetest little girl I came across. I just acted the way I did because I figured you haven't told Toriko yet about us." Ichiryu said. That eased Sarafina heart as she smiled softly. He did have a point though. "I'm just happy I get to see you again, moon-drop."

"Hey! Quit getting so far ahead! Stop skipping on water!" Toriko's voice, sounding a tad annoyed, shouted from somewhere behind as the two landed gracefully onto land. After gently putting the blind woman down, Ichiryu surveyed the landscape and gave a deep "Hmph!" before saying, "This floating island outta be big enough. What do you think, kiddo?"

She gave a slight shrug. "Not my first choice, but it is sufficient. At least it's large enough for a fight for too. Are you sure I can't fight as well?" She asked. Kururu jumped up and climbed onto Sarafina's shoulder

"No, it's alright. I have faith that you've gotten strong enough compared to before, but after this is done. I want a chance to talk to you, alright?" Ichiryu asked her with a soft, yet serious tone. Sarafina nodded her head and some splashing was heard from behind and Sarafina tuned to sense the hunter paddle up to the shore line. "Took you long enough, Toriko." Ichiryu said, glancing back towards the younger man. "That's because you were skipping over the water like a lizard." Toriko responded, slightly annoyed.

"But it WAS pretty cool though. You have to admit that much." Sarafina said excitedly. Even though the jumps were high it wasn't bad compared to before on everything else. "Meh. Not really..." Toriko replied nonchalantly, clearly not impressed and bursting her excitement. She pouted a bit as the older man scolded Toriko a bit, "Hey, hey! No need to be like that! That's no way to treat a lady." Ichiryu cleared his throat for a moment then continued, "I can teach you how to do that. I'm pretty sure a certain someone would like it~~~" Oh great. Now he's bringing HER into his teasing? Again? "No thanks." Toriko replied as he started to remove his shirt. "That'd be a waste of time."

Sarafina looked for a safe spot and gave the two combatants space. "This should be good...I hope those two won't go completely insane." The woman muttered, sitting almost on the edge of the island. "Mew." Hopefully the fight won't get too bad.

"Heh heh." Ichiryu chuckled a bit then said, "Let's just hope it even becomes a fight." Kururu blinked and tried to resist the urge to bat the older man's moustache, which flapped up and down. Sarafina placed her hand on her kitten's back to hold her back. "Look, Toriko." The tanned blonde told him pointing to it with a big grin on his face. "Doesn't this bring back memories? Remember the cat toy? Come and play, little kitty." A dark serious smirk and look came over the hunter's face as he calmly responded, "I'm not...playing around. Make sure to stay back, Fina."

"As you wish." She called out.

All was quiet for a moment, a gentle breeze ruffling a grass. Suddenly Toriko made the first move, unleashing numerous knives towards the older man. "Guess they weren't kidding when they said fight like they were gonna kill each other.." Sarafina muttered as she watched the blonde man stopped all the knives with a single exhale of his breath. The knives hanging in the air like some weird decorations. 'Impressive, as always' Sarafina thought as she smiled. Meanwhile, Toriko was feeling the opposite of what the blind woman was feeling. He stared in shocked dismay at the frozen still knives.

"What?!" The hunter exclaimed in dismay. Oh no... Don't tell her Toriko thought this would be an easy fight? Heh, yeah right. Ichiryu placed his hands on his hips and grinned at Toriko. "So now you can throw knives. You're ready to join the circus, Toriko." That's one way to get the younger man motivated but doesn't he ever stop teasing? Probably not. Toriko drew back his left hand and threw his fork attack, grunting a "HRR...RAAH!" as he did so. Ichiryu didn't seem very impressed, given the way he stared down at the attack. The older man stuck out his hand straight in front of him using his other hand to steady his arm. The fork literally crumbled upon itself when it struck the open hand.

Movement by the blonde got both their attention. Nice! When the president was distracted by the previous attack, Toriko took advantage to get close and got his next move ready. "My regenerated left arm is powered up. 13 Fold..." Toriko informed his parent who only went "Hm?" in response just as Toriko finished, "Spiked punch!" and punched Ichiryu right in the stomach.

"Oh!" Sarafina squeaked out, watching the attack do its work. Or not apparently. The older man "Hmph"ed, unfazed by the punch that only caused him to move back a bit. He narrowed his eyes and grinned cockily before he said, "Nice Spiked Punch. So you're up to 13 now, are you?" "C'mon!" Toriko complained a bit, "Doesn't it hurt a little?" The woman tried not to laugh. That man doesn't strike her as the type to fake injury.

"Sorry, nothing coming." The older man told him. "Then how about this?" Toriko said, readying his leg fork. It's hard to aim...and it will take a lot of his leg but...it was the best weapon he's got! "Leg...Fork!" He shouted launching the attack. As the woman watched she noticed it did get Ichiryu's attention, if the excited grin was anything to go by. "HRMPH!" The blonde grunted punching the attack into the ground. Rocks and other debris flew everywhere as the attack drilled down, she was willing to bet that it went straight through the island and into the water. Before the dust had time to settle Toriko started to launch his next move.

"Leg..." He started to say bringing his leg back then shouted, throwing the attack once again at the old man. "Knife!" He finished with a shout. No matter how many times she saw the move it always impressed her. The attack charged at the other man as he countered this one as well. This time Ichiryu brought his arms in front of himself, crossing them forming a shield for his body. He still had that cocky smirk from before.

"Men! Honestly..." Fyreia said in annoyance. 'True...but do you expect anything less from the types?' Sarafina asked her with a smile.

"MMGH!" The blonde grunted just before the attack nailed him head on. The force of it pushed him back, dirt and debris flying once more into the air. Sarafina blinked as the older man gave another grunt and roared a bit as he used his arms to dispel the force.

Once it quickly cleared up, a large deep gouge was formed in the ground. "Ah-ah-ah. I'm not done yet." Toriko chided cockily getting his hand ready. Dang that man was fast! She didn't sense him get close again. "A one point...Concentrated 13 Fold..." The hunter started putting his energy into the attack. Ichiryu stayed silent for a moment then smiled proudly saying, "You've grown up...Toriko." From the look of things the fight will be wrapping up in a moment. "ICE PICK SPIKED PUNCH!" Toriko finished shouting throwing his fist at the older man who easily stopped it using only three fingers. Wow...that's extremely impressive... "As a reward, I'll teach you how to skip on water." Eh? What did Ichiryu mean by that?

Her eyes widened as she watched the blonde punch Toriko right square in the nose. The force of it sending Toriko high into the air, flew right over her head which forced her to whip her around as she watched him skip across the water like a skipping stone and out of sight. "Toriko?!" Sarafina exclaimed a bit as the older man laughed a bit walking up to her. "He's perfectly fine. A little roughing up never hurt anyone. Besides, if he has any hope of protecting you he'll learn. Here we go.."

"Ah!" Sarafina yelped a bit as Ichiryu easily picked her up and proceeded to where Toriko was. "I can sense him!" She said as an island with a large downed figure started to come into view. The moment he put her down the woman quickly rushed over to check on Toriko. "Now don't go spoiling him Sarafina." The blonde playfully chided her, putting his hands on his hips and turned his attention to the younger man. She wasn't spoiling him! Was she..?

"Should I answer that question for you?" Fyreia asked. 'Not now, Fyreia! I don't want to hear this for too.' Sarafina told her.

"Heh heh. How'd you like that, Toriko?" Ichiryu inquired with a grin. "You enjoy the feeling of skipping on water?" Toriko from the looks of it had a broken nose and his face was starting to turn red. He was huffing and puffing trying to catch his breath from m the fight. "Daaah, dammit! I didn't win." Toriko complained a bit.

He blinked a bit as he felt a warm soft hand ruffled his hair playfully. "But you did pretty well." Sarafina said, smiling at him. "I think you forgot to add something to that." Toriko said drily. He narrowed his eyes a bit as her expression turned innocent. "I didn't say a word did I?" She started when Ichiryu cut in with a big old pleased grin on his. "Now, now. You've grown very strong, Toriko. I'm pleased."

"I've show you..." Toriko started, as he started to sit up shakily. "..pretty much all of my moves. So old man." An excited look came over his face as he asked, "Can I make it in the Gourmet World?"

"Absolutely not. You'd die in the first 15 seconds." Sarafina answered bluntly. Kururu nodded her head in agreement. "That was fast! And kinda cold..." Toriko said, surprised at her reaction. For real? Didn't she have any faith in him? Ichiryu laughed hard. "Smart woman we've got there." The older man said with a laugh. Ichiryu became somber a bit as he said, "Hmph. I can't say you lack the power and skill to get by. But you can't survive in the Gourmet World on those alone. In the Gourmet World, it's not just creatures that are your enemies. The climate and weather are nothing to sniffle at. If you can't hold your own against the elements, then you'll never make it out of the Gourmet World alive."

"Weather?" Toriko echoed, confused on why the weather would be an enemy. "Toriko, while you were in ice hell...Did your breath turn white?" The older man inquired. "Huh?" Toriko went before cupping his chin in a thinking manner. "Well, duh. That's what happens in the cold." Sarafina quickly covered her mouth to stop the laughter that threaten to come out at the expression of the older man as he waved his hand saying, "That won't do. Sarafina is right. You won't make it." A giggle managed to slip out, her shoulders shaking a bit as she tried to hold back the laughter. "Huh?!" What gives?!" He cried out in dismay then continued. "What gives?! People's breath always turns white when it's cold!"

"Toriko." Ichiryu said sternly before continuing. "Your body has to become instantaneously adaptable to the climate." An idea suddenly came to him. "Ah. That's it's!" The older man slightly slapped his fist down on the other hand in thinking mode. "Toriko, I've got a job for you!" "WHAT?! A JOB?!" Toriko exclaimed in shock that quickly turned into a sweat drop as the other man got a questionable grin holding up a finger. "It's something delicious. And it'll be great training."

"Training..." Toriko didn't sound very thrilled at the prospect.. "Tens of thousands of meters above the earth's surface grows a plant called Ozone Grass."

"Wait. What? The Ozone Grass?" Sarafina asked as she tried to process the information Toriko went, "Did you say Ozone Layer..? No, Ozone herb!!"

"Since one bite will send you into heavenly bless, it's also known as heavenly grass. How about making it the salad in your full course meal?" Ichiryu asked Toriko.

Sarafina narrowed her eyes a bit as the idea of it being in his course went through his head. She knew they were going when he got that sign in his soul. Great.. "I'll explain the details once we get back. There's more I want to tell you."

"Hey!" Sarafina once again squeaked out as she was once again picked up again by the older man and the two took off with him calling back at the hunter, "Follow me, Toriko!"

"A little warning would be nice!" The blind woman growled a bit as Toriko shouted after them, "Hey! I can't skip my way home!"

Sarafina let out a sigh. "I think you've really riled him up for this training. Once again, you really know how you truly inspire others...grandfather." Sarafina gave the older man a loving hug as Ichiryu smiled down at his moon-drop. "Heh-heh, someone's got to keep a guy like Toriko on his toes right?" Then his smile faded as he said, "Sarafina... I know you haven't said a single thing to anyone...but I think it's time that Toriko knows the truth. About you and what's going to become of you."

Sarafina snapped her head up at her grandfather and nearly shouted, "No! Grandfather, I can't! If Toriko were to find out then....I'll be nothing but a burden to him! Everything's complicated enough without him knowing the truth... I don't want him to be chained to me...just like you."

"Sarafina...."

"I'm sorry....But that's why I left. I caused you so much trouble that I thought it be best if I wasn't around to dragging you down." Sarafina said. Tears formed near the corners of her eyes as she began to remember the painful memories that occurred which made her decided to plunge into the Gourmet World and ultimately leave again without a word.

"Sarafina. Look at me." Ichiryu said softly. When she did, Ichiryu continued. "Sarafina when you left, I thought it was because I had done something wrong to make you leave. But I never would've thought of you as a burden. I chose you save you and take you in because I wanted to. You were just a little girl, and you're my granddaughter. I love you, and I always will."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.2K 193 22
π•Šπ•’π•₯π• π•£π•¦π•©π•Šπ•¦π•˜π•¦π•£π•¦π•©π”½π•–π•žβ„π•–π•’π••π•–π•£ ~ ᴇɴᴇᴍʏ ᴛᴏ ΚŸα΄α΄ α΄‡Κ€κœ± α΄›Κ€α΄α΄˜α΄‡!!!! π’π‹πŽπ– 𝐁𝐔𝐑𝐍 & 𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐒𝐓 Y/N has never felt as much hatred for someo...
67.9K 2.1K 82
After dying the typical Isekai death our young protagonist won an after death prize. Where he gets to explore fiction and develop his powers to becom...
78.7K 1.8K 29
You've always had a thing for Gojo, you are attending jujutsu training, your team is with Gojo, he is you're sensei as well as the rest. Knowing you...
2.1K 105 14
~Don't underestimate the allure of darkness, even the purest hearts are drowned to it~ How did I end up like this... β€’Hello, this story will be a li...