Welcome to Gang Life

By Fishbish101

I've been telling myself for years that I wasn't good enough and the minute I'm finally ready to commit the d... More

Character Appearances/Aesthetics
•1•
•2•
•3•
•4•
•5•
•6•
•7•
•8•
•9•
•10•
•11•
•12•
•13•
•14•
•15•
•16•
•17•
•18•
•19•
•20•
•21•
•22•
•23•
•24•
•25•
•26•
•27•
•28•
•29•
•30•
•31•
•32•
•33•
•34•
New Character Appearances/Aesthetics
Gang Information
•35•
•36•
•37•
•38•
•39•
•40•

•41•

6.8K 171 196
By Fishbish101

RING RING RING RING.

I groan in frustration and slowly get up trying to find the phone that's making that stupid noise. Liam falls off the couch while Jake yawns, stretching his arms. Mason is seen in the kitchen eating some cereal while Elijah is on the chair watching football. Leo is still fast asleep even though Liam's yelling and cursing at him for pushing him off.

" What time is it?" I ask.

" 6:45 why?" Elijah says his eyes staying glued to the T.V.

" Shit I gotta get to my morning class in 45,"

I head towards my room and stop at my door to hear Derek talking on the phone. I press my ear against the door and listen.

" It's not my fucking problem that the shipments are screwed up...no Dad it's yours....whatever I don't care...I'll deal with it ok?....bye."

Derek stops talking and I bolt back a few steps to make it seem like I was just about to enter. He exits the room and nods his head at me while going to the living room.

I've noticed that Derek's and his fathers relationship is kinda rocky. They don't seem to like each other that much and only tolerate each other for the sake of the gang. I mean I don't blame Derek for not liking the guy I'm not too fond of him either.

You've barely gotten to know him dumbass. Maybe you should try having a conversation with him.

A conversation would not go well considering my temper and his lack of patience.

I head towards my bathroom and take a quick shower. After I take out a random outfit and put it on not bothering with my hair so I leave it down. I quickly go to my drawer and take out my usual pills and swallow them with water. I go to the living room to find all the guys now focused on the game.

" Hey when you guys leave make sure to turn everything off and to lock the door, okay?" I ask.

They all nod their heads and I head out, taking out my headphones and putting them in my ears while I walk to my campus. I take note that I have to finish one of the essays tonight and do some extra homework I've been procrastinating. I also have to go bartender tomorrow night and the day after and after all my classes finish up by 3:00 I gotta take a couple shifts at the diner till 8:00.

Today's gonna be a long day.

Jakes POV~
" FUCKING BULLSHIT!" I shout.

All the other guys shout at the T.V as well while the other team makes a touchdown. I roll my eyes and click the T.V off not wanting to watch anymore.

" We should probably go guys," I say.

Liam blankly stares at me and heads towards April's room.

" Um what're you doing?" Mason asks.

" What do you think I'm looking through her stuff," Liam says opening the door to her bedroom.

We all walk in looking around. When I went into her bedroom that one time I didn't really pay attention. Now that I'm really looking it seems pretty simple.

She has a black bed with white sheets and some pillows with grey patterns with a picture of a bull hanging above it. Two drawers are to either side to her bed and her closet is to the right.

I like how simple it is. It's not too much and not too little. A full length mirror is towards the far left next to her white vanity.

" This is like an invasion of privacy," Derek snaps at Liam.

" Whatever it's just her room. April's fine she's got nothing to hide I'm just looking around," Liam says looking through her drawer.

He takes out two containers of pills and inspects them.

" What the hell?" He mumbles.

Derek snatches one of the pill containers from him and reads it himself.

" Did you know she suffers from PTSD?" Liam asks us.

We all glance at one another and shake our heads.

" What's the other one for?" Leo asks.

" Depression. I would've known if she was depressed there are clear signs...right?" Derek says.

" April's good at hiding stuff. Plus it says there that it's mild depression so it's not full blown," Leo says pointing to the fine print on the pill bottle.

" Yeah I guess it still doesn't make it any better," Derek mumbles.

Derek, Liam, Leo, and Elijah sit on the bed while Mason and I sit on the bench in front of her bed.

" Why would she have PTSD though?" I ask.

" Probably from her past from when she was in foster care. I've heard some pretty fucked up shit happens there. Definitely not all the time but sometimes some kids just get placed with adults who shouldn't be parents or guardians," Elijah says.

We all nod our heads and a piece of brown paper catches my eye. I stand up and go toward her drawer to see a wanted poster.

" The fuck?" I mutter.

" What?" Mason asks.

I hand the paper over to Derek and they all crowd around it.

" Damn that's cruel," Liam mutters,

" Why would April have it?" I ask.

" She probably just kept the poster with her to remember the description or something or for her brother James since he was a police officer," Elijah says.

" Yeah probably," Derek says.

I look over to her closet to see a black jacket with a hood identical to the one in the picture. I walk over to it and take it out examining it. I pat it down to reach something. I gently take it out to reveal a gun.

A black gun.

" Um guys..." I mumble.

I put the jacket on the bed and hold the gun up.

" Dude why do you have a gun on you right now?" Liam asks.

" It's not mine. I pulled it out of April's jacket,"

" Why would April of all people have a gun?" Elijah asks.

" We all know April's been through a lot from her childhood. Maybe she has one to feel safe," Mason says inspecting it.

" Yeah I guess," Elijah says.

Then it all clicks. Information overwhelms me and the pieces start fitting together.

" Guys..." I whisper.

" What?" Derek questions.

" You know how April reacted very calmly when we told her about what we did...about the gang," I begin.

" Yeah what about it?" Liam asks.

" Well maybe just maybe she already knew about it,"

" Sure,"

" Whatever you say,"

" Mhm,"

" Wait just listen. When we told April about everything she seemed unfazed and she fits the description the poster says...5'7, female, age in early twenties," I reason.

" Jake do you hear yourself you sound fucking insane. Your basing all of this off of assumptions and some stupid gun in a black jacket which by the way millions of people have black fucking jackets with hoods," Leo says in a duh tone.

" I know I know. Remember when we did that background check on April and we couldn't find the past year of her life from May of last year..."

" Yeah..."

" Well on the news it says this killer has last been cited in May and all of the sudden April appears a week later in June but almost a year of her life can't be found by any of our gang members or investigators," I say.

" But that doesn't mean...," Mason begins.

Liam cuts him off, " You guys are fucking insane this is April we're talking about she probably went on some vacation or something."

" April has told us how she's struggling financially so there's no way she could've gone on vacation," Elijah replies.

" It makes sense. She wasn't fazed by all the shit we told her, she can fight, she fits the description, she wasn't seen for almost a year which was when the killer was most active, and she has a bunch of bruises on her hands, arms, and back," Leo rants.

Liam scoffs and looks at Derek.

" Der come on you don't believe she is this...killer right?" Liam asks shoving the wanted poster aside giving Derek a pleading look.

" We'll have to ask her when she gets back," Derek says in a monotone voice.

" Fine whatever, make a fool out of yourselves and hurt April by accusing of this I don't care," Liam says rolling his eyes and leaving the room.

A loud bang of the door shutting echoes throughout the apartment and we all sit on the bed consumed in our own thoughts.

We wait and wait on edge for hours waiting for April to return. Waiting to see if it's true.

Waiting to see if she's a killer...like us.

Authors note~
Hey guys! The next chapter is gonna be when the confrontation takes place so I hope you enjoy.

How do you think the confrontation is gonna play out?

Who do you like better Axel or Ace?

Byee.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.4K 941 39
C̺͆O̺͆M̺͆P̺͆L̺͆E̺͆T̺͆E̺͆D̺͆ Started ~ February 13, 2021 Ended ~ April 3, 2021 ~ Re-write ~ May 28, 2021 End ~ August 18, 2021 *************** Disclai...
190 42 6
"You should care, Dylan. You would still be living in the back of a car, stealing from Seven Eleven! Is that what you want?" ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...
15.8K 697 52
In the United States, a new disease has surfaced and has a fatality rate of 100%. There is no medicine which can cure this disease. The disease destr...
747 16 20
What is life? Why am I alive? Time and time again, I can't help but ask myself these questions. How come I am the survivor? What did I do to earn suc...