His Rejected 'Queen'.

By Marie_Curia

Iris Black is a strong, smart, logical, sweet 21 years old girl with new life and name. Her real name is Dian... More

Author's Note!
Introduction.
Queen Made From Courage.
Still Exists...
"Welcome" To The Palace...
All About 'Her'...
Dreams VS Reality...
In Tension For Her...
Desperation For 'Two'...
A Queen Never Bows...
Too "Close"...
She Is Diana...
In 'Pain'...
Tension...
Truths & Regrettings...
Anything For Her...
"Already 'Inside' You..."
"You Are Mine...", Part I.
"You Are Mine...", Part II.
Triggering The Beast...
"One Last Chance..."
Contract, Jealously, Challenge.
'Her Royal Highness'.
"I Belong To You!"
Trust, Closeness, Nightmares.
"You Are My Queen!"
Insecurities, Passion, Rogues.
Worries, Feelings And Roses.
Earned It!
"Good Team!"
The Woman That Stole His Heart!
"With Me!"
"Important To Me!"
Reveals And Memories!
Together!
Tree Of Life!
Allies And Enemies!
There Is Love!
Enemies And Guardians.
Royal Birthday...
Queen's Battle!
The True King!
"With You!"
"I Love You!"
Family Conflicts...
Real Family's Love!
"Till Death!"
Strong Man!
"He Is My Home!"
"We Are One!"
Love And Sudden Problems.
Overshadowed Happiness...
To Northern Alaska!
Tensions And Instincts.
Stormy...
Reveals, Realizations And Shocks.
Her Truth.
One Breath Away.
Author's Note: Sharing Few Things.
Howls And Gunshot.
It's Now Or... Never!
Facing Death.
What Everyone Deserves...
Back To 'Life'!
Moving On With... Reveals.
The Two Extremes.
No More Secrets!

In Confusion...

8.2K 229 96
By Marie_Curia

"She is clarity and confusion.Never enough. Always too much. A simple, complicated, perfectly flawed mess for everyone around her."

Daniel's pov

"Can you tell me why? Are you serious?" Landon almost shouts angrily as we get inside my office with Elias close behind us.

"Keep your voice low. I do not want my parents to get frustrated." I hiss walking at my chair behind my office.

"You mean more frustrated than they already are. Do you have a brain? Do you?" he continues.

I sit and Elias closes and locks the door. Their expression is serious, they are too pissed off with me. They listened to me, damn!

"What is your problem now?" I growl pointing to Elias the bottle of vodka.

"My problem or yours? What the hell did you say to Iris? What a comment you made... God! You are an idiot Daniel!" he shouts and I roll my eyes bored.

"Man, really... You are a jerk! What do you care about the way she was dressed? Do you realize what a stupidity you said in front of everyone? The other fighters were shocked!" it's Elias' turn to say as he gives me a glass of vodka angrily.

"Not to mention your parents! Your father was ready to kill you." Landon adds sitting opposite of me and crosses his hands in front of his chest.

"And to be honest she was perfectly dressed! She had a long trip. Oh, man! Look at us. We are talking bullshit!" Elias groans.

"But I know someone that said something perfect! Iris! She put you in your fucking place jerk!" Landon says smirking satisfied and Elias nods excited.

"Can you stop now? I got tired of you two! Talk about something else!" I groan drinking a sip from my vodka.

They both shake their heads in disapproval but cut it here.

Fortunately.

"At least someone found his mate, he is happy and accepted her immediately... Right Daniel?" Landon says ironically.

I want to kill him, really! He is doing it on purpose to drive me crazy. The last days he is pain on my ass. He is serious, he bearably talks to me, he gets annoyed with everything, he is ironic with me...

Anyway...

He means Jeremy. He found his mate, her name is Ellie and once she came to take her keys my 'lovely' friend couldn't hold back so he just announced it and gave us all a time to remember. Okay, to be honest I am happy for him and I enjoyed it. He stopped the whole thing, got closer to her, said that she was his mate and then asked her if she accepted him.

And yes! She did accept him immediately and then he kissed her!

God! It is the first time I see someone acting like this. I am glad he is happy and now I will have a female Beta as well because once they mark each other she will become officially part of our family and she will share Jeremy's title.

They look good together, I like her, she is sweet and seems logical as well. We need a woman's opinion sometimes and my mom is older so she can't be so close to us (especially after our fight some days ago). Ellie can help us a lot.

"And Ellie is best friend with Iris... Did you see it? Ellie went to her first! Looks like I will have a great time with their team... I liked everyone!" Elias murmurs on purpose and Landon nods excited.

"Yeah! The 8 of them are great, I read their files many times as everyone's else."

"Anyway... Can I have everyone's file? I need to read them personally as well." I say shortly wanting to get rid of them and Landon leaves the large package of papers he had been holding on my desk.

"These... We are leaving you then. Don't forget that in about one hour you have to come down for lunch. It is their first day and you have to be at the dining room in time." He states and gets out of my office with Elias behind him.

The door closes and I sigh.

I fall back on my chair and shut my eyes.

"You are an asshole!" I murmur to myself and Devon appears in my mind smirking.

"I am glad you admit it even now!"

"Welcome again! What happened with you today? I feel honored, twice a day in less than an hour?" I ask him in frustration and he growls.

"Last time you were begging me to stay with you... What is it kid? Problems with the young she wolf?" he asks laughing wickedly and I groan running my hands through my hair.

"I have no problem at all... She is not even a she wolf. I hate this type of women that can't respect their nature." I reply and he gets immediately in an attack mood.

"Listen to me carefully because I won't repeat myself again! Leave her alone and do not even dare go close to her. She is not a fucking, dirty, cheap slut! She is a real woman! Let her do her job and leave. I know you like her but she is not someone you can have as your toy!" he roars and shows me his teeth growling threateningly.

"Really? And you didn't like her? You appeared in my mind for the first time and you were happy! Stop accusing me for liking her because I don't! You do but guess what! She is not your idiot mate and you want no one else except from her!" I scream ready to lose my self control and break everything around me.

"I warned you kid... Keep your lies for someone else... Mark my words: She is not for you!" he replies and blocks me again.

The hell!

What is happening today?

No!

What is happening from the moment my eyes landed on her? 'Her' means Iris Black.

First of all, Devon appeared out of nowhere and he was more than happy, he was excited with her and for some seconds I was shocked. It is the first time after we had found our 'mate' that he was acting like this. He was like a puppy, he was shaking his tail impatiently, he was howling cheerfully, he was giving me a hard time.

I don't know what has gotten into him. I mean... He surely likes her, probably because she is annoying me already and she is an excellent fighter for a woman. He admires her and I know it.

Okay, I have to admit that once my eyes met hers I froze, they are the most beautiful thing I have ever seen, they are big, expressive and their color is unique. Everyone would like it and most people are jealous of them.

But...

As unique her eyes are so she is. She is not a normal woman, her expression, the way she was dressed with jeans and a blouse closed until her neck, the air around her, her aura were going against her nature. Fighter or not this image is dramatic, at least for me because everyone else likes her.

Okay, yes, she has a quite sweet face and her lips seem great, her hair is shining but it is too long and without much grace and elegance, her body has to be good but I can't be sure as I haven't seen her without clothes but she is nothing so charming.

And her scent, this damn drowning scent... Strawberries and blueberries... God! I think I still smell it like she is here.

I am a fucking mess! I did the mistake again...

I can't lie, I wanted to tease her but I didn't do it to hurt or piss her off so much as it seemed I did. She looked so angry when I told her that she can ask from the other female fighters help to change the way she gets dressed... I am an asshole, I can admit it to myself but I didn't expect she would take it so seriously.

Am I so wrong or is she just overreacting?

And then comes her fucking, promising answer!

She gave me a heart attack. No woman has ever dared to talk to me like this, she... Damn it! She had the nerves to give me a quite offending yet challenging response. I lost my breath.

"And I hope that by the end of my accommodation here you will learn that I am here to help you with my fighting skills and not with the way I get dressed..."

Just kill me already! This 'woman' is definitely something. Not even a man would have dared to offend me like this.

And I, the idiot!

"I take it as a challenge Iris and... You have to know that I love challenges..."

What was I thinking? Really, the more I think about it the more I find it inappropriate and more offending than her answer on my teasing...

I opened my big mouth in front of everyone and I fucked it up. I am supposed to act maturely but she woke up something wild inside me, I guess her cold gaze got me angry. No other woman have been so cold with me until now, I didn't affect her at all with my presence.

Can it be? Am I hurt?

What if...

No!

Caroline told me that... True love is out there and it will be here soon...

Does she mean Iris or my ex mate?

Can it be Iris or someone else?

I said I don't need true love, I don't want it and I am certainly against it, especially if the true love's face is Iris or Diana... I rejected Diana and I don't like Iris so I find it logical to don't be fun of the whole idea of us together.

Anyway, I am not going to think about it anymore, she is already a headache for me. They are all impressed with her and my parents' faces lightened once they saw her, not to mention my friends. Landon for example already adores her, the way he is staring at her or talks about her is something weird because he is usually distant and too serious with everyone he doesn't know.

I don't like it, I mean... He wants her? And she... She was so warm when they talked, she surely has a sympathy for him.

I open my eyes and sigh. I take my glass of vodka again and drink one big sip. My curiosity is getting bigger second by second but I am fighting to keep myself under control.

I have lost my mind after Caroline saw my future... Her words are playing in my mind again and again.

No! I can't hold back!

I take closer the pack of papers Landon left me and pass the first 11. I stop once I see Iris' name and take it in my hands. I take a deep breath and curse in frustration.

Okay, I am doing it to kill my curiosity. Once I read her file I will stop thinking about her.

I start reading and open my eyes widely immediately. She was found almost dead by her father about 5 years ago in a forest here in USA. Her pack got attacked when she was 6 years old and she got kidnapped while her mother got killed. Everyone believed that she was dead from a body they had found some days later but... Goddess... The face's body had so many bruises, cuts and wounds that they got tricked because everything else was the same... Iris was locked for about 10 years in a basement from those rogues and one day she managed to escape but they found her again and decided to 'kill' her.

Shit!

They almost did it, her condition was dramatic, broken rips, cuts from silver knife, deep wounds from bites everywhere, bruises on her face and hands...

I growl in frustration feeling my blood boiling and take some deep breaths. Devon appears again but he stays silent, he just wants to know more and it is the first time I agree with him.

I continue...

She had depression for about two years and some panic attacks as the long captivity left her behind in everything we find normal. She had to learn everything from the beginning and too fast. She managed to get through her depression and half a year after she shifted for the first time she took the Beta's title from her father. She is the best fighter, she has great diplomatic skills, she is strong, logical, caring, supporting and willing to do anything for her pack and family.

Like most Betas... It's in her blood but...

Shit!

Devon is already howling outraged. No way!

She got rejected from her mate, a rogue about two years ago and one year later she got shot from hunters with silver and she almost died. She is too vulnerable because of that asshole!

"Who is the dirty dog? Find him!" he begins screaming and I leave the file fall on my desk.

My hands turn into fists and my whole body begins shaking. I understand that someone can reject his mate, I did it so it would be hypocritical to say that I have a problem with him but after everything I read my heart aches in pain.

She has been through so many things and look at her now, she is one of the best despite the fact that she almost died a year ago. I am amused, she is worth of the admiration they all show to her.

She is certainly special.

"I told you! Don't try to hurt her more! Stay away from her!" Devon growls and I sigh confused.

"Um... I won't do a thing, she is nothing to me anyway." I murmur but he roars making me jump up.

"I feel what you feel, I know what you think, like and want so cut the lies! Be careful or else you will have a big problem with me!" he says and disappears again like a flash leaving me alone.

This is why he is so protective over her, I can explain it now. Maybe Iris reminds him of Diana... They got rejected, they suffered...

I take again the file and pass her tests' results that by the way are all A's.

In the end there is her photo.

My eyes freeze once they land on hers and I stop breathing. My heart starts beating fast again and a weird feeling I can't explain begins building up making me feel nervous.

Her eyes are shining, she is smiling and she looks happy in the photo. It has to be recent because she is the same and her hair is a bit shorter than now.

I feel a warmth I have never felt before and I stiffen nervously...

What is happening to me?

Diana's (Iris') pov

"Do you believe it? Wasn't I right?" I ask trying not to shout and sit on my double sized bed sighing annoyed.

"Do you want me to come babe?" Luke asks me with clear anger in his voice and shows me his fists.

We are talking in Skype with my whole family and David with Charles and I just told them about the asshole's comments. Luke got angry like David and Charles, I see it in his face, his eyes are turning black. My uncles seem nervous and Violet is shocked. My dad from the other side looks... Upset and scared!

"I am fine, really... I am just so pissed off right now. I put him in his place and I don't regret it. In fact, I feel great with myself I did it. The time he could lower me is far too gone!" I say through my teeth and the boys smile proud.

"Close his mouth with the clothes I chose!" Violet states screaming suddenly giving us a fright and I roll my eyes.

"Not again Vi! Stop it, I am not going to prove him anything. I know my worth and I don't care what he thinks of me. I just want him to stay away from me until I leave from here."

"Did you see Aiden?" my aunt asks me then and I smile blushing.

I am so excited about us but the asshole had to make me forget about it.

"Yeah! We talked already! He has the room next to mine and he seemed enthusiastic about the two of us. He is the same Aiden, kind, friendly, sweet. We promised that we will spend time together! You have no idea how happy I am! This is one of the reasons I am glad I came."

"Oh, well... No, what? One of them? What did we miss? Which are the other reasons?" Vi asks surprised once she realizes my words and I laugh.

"You mean Ellie and Thomas? Do you have a good time with them?" Luke asks confused.

"And them! We are great and Ellie found her mate. He is the second Beta, Jeremy and they accepted each other immediately. She is excited and now they are together." I say smiling enthusiastic.

"So? What else did you mean?" he asks again.

"Mmm... Thomas met us some other guys. We are a group of 8 now. I liked them all and except from Aiden I also have Hunter right opposite of my room. He asked me to be partners in some trainings and I accepted."

"Woooow! Who is Hunter? Is he a hottie one? Does he like you? You look impressed..." Vi asks smirking wickedly and I blink my eyes feeling my cheeks getting red again from embarrassment.

God this girl!

"I want to speak alone with Diana. Could you please leave me alone?" my dad quickly says interrupting the whole discussion and disappoints Violet.

"But uncle I..."

"Violet! Respect your uncle's wish. He needs to stay alone with his daughter." My uncle cuts her off and gets up with my aunt doing the same.

"Okay then. Babe, we all love you! Whatever you need call me at any time. Take care!" Luke says nervously and pushes David and Charles after they greet me.

Violet them sends me some kisses and gives me a meaningful look to call her later and they all disappear from the screen. Some seconds later I hear the door closing and my father stays alone in my office.

I know this expression he holds.

He is nervous and I know the reason. What happened earlier is more than enough but it wasn't my fault.

"Are you alright? And I want the truth baby girl." He says worried and I smile weakly.

I am not okay when I think about the incident but I have to forget about it if I want to stay strong and make it till the end of my stay here. Also, I do not want to worry him more, he is already suffering and thinking of me constantly but it is not right to lie to him...

"I am great when I forget that he is here and I have to face him three times the day for sure..." I admit awkwardly and he nods with a painful look.

"You are going to eat with him, right?"

"Yeah... Unfortunately I have to but at least I won't be alone, except from Aiden and Hunter I will also have Ellie now that we found out she is the future second female Beta."

"What about Jonathan and Victoria?" he asks me next and I press my lips together from pain once I remember how tired and miserable they seemed to be.

"They mustn't be so well dad. At the beginning they were a bit lost and sad. I don't know why but something is bothering them and it has to be serious. Except from this they are the same kind people I remember. They welcomed me warmly in the end when we finished the whole process with our keys."

"Do you think that anyone could be suspicious?"

"No!" I reply immediately without even having to think about it.

"There is no way dad! I assure you. Even Aiden believed me so we don't have to worry. My brother knows me better than anyone so we are safe."

"Are you sure?" he asks again more nervous than before.

"Why are you so persistent? What are you thinking about?"

"Diana... Daniel... What he did, I don't know. Do you think he did it incidentally?"

I stay silent for some seconds staring at him worried. I think about it and I begin sweating in the idea.

One thing I don't want to.

ONE!

He mustn't know. For as long as I stay here no one can find out who I am or else I will have problem. A small mistake or carelessness and he can discover everything.

But... Does he know already? Is this why he insulted me with his cocky comment immediately?

No! This can't be happening...

"Dad..." I start but pause immediately gasping for air as the idea is drowning me.

"... If he knew then I am sure he would have surely done worse. At least, I guess so..." I whisper and sigh worried.

"Look baby..." he begins and both I and Destiny perk our ears.

"I want you to try to ignore him. The last thing you need is him challenging you. Avoid him as much as you can, stay away from him. The more you reply to him the more he is going to chase you. He is the King, he doesn't take no for answer and you haven't even got there and you gained his interest. Do not show any sign of interest Diana. Be careful, don't play with the fire." He says and I nod groaning.

"But dad I did nothing. It was his fault, I just said the truth." I try to defend myself but he shakes his head in disapproval firmly.

"I know you better than anyone. You wanted to humiliate him like he did to you... So stop lying to your father. Am I clear baby girl? I want only the truth." He states and I nod defeated.

Okay, I admit I was so mad that I wanted to insult him back but I didn't imagine he would react so badly. I still feel my legs shaking remembering his last words.

Challenge...

I didn't want to challenge him.

"Diana... I want to ask you something. Just be honest with me, okay?"

I take a deep breath and motion to move on even if I have a feeling I won't like it at all.

"Do you have feelings for him?"

No, I didn't hear this. My ears are wrong. No. He didn't ask me what I think he did.

"Do you sweetheart?" he repeats and I growl showing him my teeth as Destiny is getting ready to take full control.

"Have you lost your mind?" I growl shaking from anger.

"He is your true mate and now that you saw him..."

"No!" I interrupt him shortly.

"Our bond was just a mistake. I had only one true mate and he was Grayson Reigns. Don't you ever think to ask me again this stupidity dad because despite my love for you I won't be able to control myself. Am I clear?"

He doesn't talk, he just nods. He knows how angry I am, he doesn't want to piss me off more now that I am here alone. He realized he said something that can't be happening.

Damn! I still can't believe it!

"Did you call Jayden to tell him you got there?" he asks after some seconds wanting to enlighten my mood.

"I texted him. Don't tell him what happened with the asshole." I reply shortly.

"And what about that Hunter? I stopped Violet but this doesn't mean I don't want to know..." he continues smirking.

I knew it! I was just expecting it to come...

"I just liked him, okay? He was very warm with me and I am enthusiastic. It is like I knew him already, I felt familiar and I also got impressed when he asked me to be partners." I explain blushing and he raises his eyebrows wickedly.

Oh man! I know this look...

"Are you sure young lady? Do not lie, isn't he interested in you?"

"Dad stop it! He is just nice and he is Aiden's friend. That's all..." I protest and he rolls his eyes laughing.

I can't continue like this, maybe I have to end it but while I am thinking of it a knock at the door stops me.

I guess now I can end the video call anyway.

"As you heard I have a visitor. I will call you again later. I love you, take care and don't be sad!" I say smiling innocently and he shakes his head ironically to tease me.

"I love you too baby. Take care and have fun until the lessons begin. I will miss you!"

I send him a big kiss and he laughs. He ends our call and I leave my phone on the bed. I get up and walk to the door quickly. Once I open it I find Hunter and Aiden smiling brightly and I giggle.

I am glad they knocked my door, I was thinking the same thing.

"My lady, we came to ask you if you want to join us for a first walk in the palace to get to know the place a bit." Hunter begins and Aiden nods.

"And it will be a great honor if you accept our invitation." He adds and I chuckle.

"Sure gentlemen! I would love to." I say and they both nod pleased.

"So shall we?" Hunter suggests and I get out of my room, close the door and lock it in hurry.

I nod and they both motion me to get between them. I do as they say and they give me their hands to escort me like we are in a formal ball.

Finally, some fun with my brother. I will try not to get emotional and enjoy it. I will get close to him steadily and everything is going to be okay, he already likes me, his instinct pushes him on me.

"Ready Misters?" I ask smirking taking their hands.

"Of course." Hunter replies fixing his white shirt like a duke.

"So, let our tour begin!"

~hours later, night, palace's gardens~

Third person's pov

Diana couldn't sleep after one more nightmare she had from the long day and its incidents. She was in tension and her feelings were mixed. It was almost midnight and she went for a walk in the large garden wanting to get some fresh air and calm her nerves.

She was feeling confused...

From the one hand she was excited about seeing her brother again after 8 years and happy for the friends she had already made. They were all great and at the afternoon the 8 of them with Jeremy met in one of the palace's playrooms to relax and have fun. She laughed a lot, it was the first time she didn't realize how the time passed and dinner's time came.

Thomas was the typical man that was teasing everyone but his side joined Parker who was very funny and fast to commend anything in his personal, unique way. Andrea and Peyton were very simple girls and got very close to her and Ellie. They also arranged to go for shopping one of the following days and Diana asked them to visit a salon as well, it was her weakness after all. Next was coming Hunter...

That man was a real gentleman and he was constantly on her side from the moment he went with Aiden to take her for a walk in the palace. She liked him very much, the more she was spending time with him the more she was finding something more about him that was impressing her. He was kind, caring, logical, quite funny and an excellent interlocutor. She could spend hours talking with him about everything and he was too wise for his age as he was 24 years old like her brother, Aiden.

She learnt that these two had met each other when they were for training at the college and it was more than enough for her to trust Hunter immediately. If Aiden trusted and loved him that much then she had no reason to doubt him.

Aiden was also the other person that was closer to her. Diana was right, their bond was pushing him to her and she was happier than ever. He hadn't told her about his sister yet but after some cut commends from Hunter Aiden had promised that he would tell her his story with the first chance. From those commends she had also understood that he had a bad relationship with their 'parents' as always because when they all began talking about their families he avoided telling a thing. She wasn't surprised, she already knew it. Aiden hated them for the way they had been treating him and Diana. He was disgusted to call them his 'parents' and he was bearably talking to them. His only family was her and he was hers, that's what they were always saying to each other and the last years they were both alone dealing with their demons on their own.

In the end was Ellie with Jeremy who stuck on them immediately and he became a part of their team so now they were 9 and not 8. They were both excited, their faces were shining and couldn't stay away from each other for even one minute. They were all happy about them and Diana knew that Ellie was too lucky to have such a sweet and caring man for mate. She was happier for Ellie than Ellie for her own self, she would have a great life next to Jeremy. Diana liked him, he was 25 years old and very willing to meet everyone. He was a special, strong man but his behavior was simple unlike his title something that Diana admired on him.

On the other hand Diana had displeasing feelings for Daniel and... One of his sluts that joined them for dinner, her name was Samantha and she was around 35 years old. She felt disgusted from her appearance. She was cheap, exactly what she had imagined for the women Daniel was interested in.

She had fake hair and its color was blonde, almost white. She was also wearing blue contact lenses, she was too slim but surely with plastic butt and breasts that were almost reaching the other side of the table and her makeup was so heavy that without it she surely could not be recognizable. Moreover she had nails like a witch and her dress was bearably covering her inner thing, breasts and butt. Also it was obvious she had made some surgeries but still she seemed too old.

Disgust!

Only this word could describe her feeling during the dinner. She was sure about Daniel's taste in women but seeing it in front of her own eyes was way worse. Her heart wasn't sorry for herself, she was feeling lucky she didn't have to spend her life with someone like Daniel but what about the kingdom?

Everyone at the table was obviously annoyed from Samantha's presence and according to some rumors Diana had heard from Jeremy later the whole kingdom was disapproving its King's decisions. They were all saying that they wanted their real Queen and gradually more and more were learning about Daniel and his rejected mate.

Diana didn't want to become Queen, the whole idea had never crossed her mind and especially after Daniel's rejection that was something prohibitive for her. She knew she wasn't enough to become a Queen, she wasn't even capable of becoming someone's mate. After Grayson's death she wanted nothing else except from being a great Beta for the pack that treated her like family. Now she had to help the kingdom and then she would be free to go back and continue her life as she knew it.

She was pleased but everyone's opinion about Daniel rejecting the rightful Queen was hurting her a bit. She wanted a Queen, a great one, someone strong and capable of standing next to him even if he was only an asshole.

Destiny from the other side was howling during the dinner from anger and hatred. She might didn't want her first mate but she was losing her patience watching a stupid, shameless whore sitting on the place she was supposed to sit at the left side of Daniel. She wanted someone better, she was feeling underprivileged and that was something that was going against her proud nature.

Moreover Victoria and Jonathan's expressions while they were eating were breaking her heart. They seemed ashamed and devastated for their son's choices and his mistress' presence. Jonathan as a man was more self-collected than Victoria. He was talking a bit with the fighters, he was asking about their families and packs and his biggest interest fell on Aiden and her for different reasons. Victoria from the other side was silent, she ate almost nothing, she bearably said two sentences and she smiled only at the beginning and in the end.

"He is hurting everyone..." Destiny growled and Diana sighed in agreement.

She was now walking at a place of the garden that was like a park with big trees, lots of thumbs, flowers and a path from white small stones. Fortunately the path had lights and some benches. Some meter away there was a small river with a short waterfall and then a lake with ducks, swans and geese.

The water's noise was always helping her calm down so she decided to sit on one of the benches. The small breeze was a small help but her mind was still running and no matter how much she was trying to stop thinking she couldn't.

Everything was too much for her to deal with. She was slowly realizing the position she was in and she was starting to feel desperate.

One mistake and then everyone would know, Daniel would react bad, her brother even worse for Daniel's rejection and her life would change forever. She wouldn't be able to live a normal life with her true identity on the light.

She sighed and buried her face in her hands fighting with some tears that were bothering her for some time and Destiny left out some low cries in sympathy. Diana was stronger than her the previous days and she wasn't helping her at all with her behavior. Even at the dinner she was giving her a hard time with her howls, screams, growls and groans.

She had to be more focused and strong from the following day to support Diana the more she could.

"A white rose for your thoughts my beautiful lady!" a male's voice said and Diana jumped up surprised.

"Beta Landon!" she exclaimed breathless and he bowed smiling offering her a white rose.

She took the rose timidly and smiled at him. She was about to stand up to bow to him as well from respect but he quickly stopped her and sat next to her with a weird, enigmatic expression that Diana couldn't read.

"Thank you very much Beta but I have to bow, I..." Diana/ Iris began but Landon raised his hand and stopped her.

He looked around them and took some deep breaths to get sure that they were alone. He smiled nervously and lowered his head. He was fighting to find the right way to say what he wanted but it was very difficult but not saying it would be worse, he couldn't hold it for himself.

He had to...

He took a deep breath and lifted his head up. His eyes met hers and she raised her eyebrows confused.

It was then or never...

"If someone has to bow then this one will have to be me, Iris... Diana or better Your Royal Highness!" he whispered breathless yet determinate with a serious expression.

Diana almost jumped up and her heart stopped from the shock. His words were echoing in her mind and Destiny was speechless not able to help her. She quickly got pale and her body paralyzed.

It was too sudden and unexpected for her, she hadn't imagined that someone knew.

Landon seeing her reaction felt a bit guilty and hurt. He was expecting worse but the panic in her eyes was killing him.

"You are mistaken I..." Diana tried to say but paused breathless.

She sat again on the bench and looked deeply into his eyes with a blank expression.

Her biggest fear had come true, her identity was not a secret anymore, it got revealed.

"Calm down, okay? I am not going to say a thing to anyone. I just had to tell you that I know who you are..." Landon spoke up first and she nodded instinctually.

"How did you find out?" she asked him not thinking what she was saying as the question came out naturally.

"Three days ago I was reading one last time everyone's files. I had done it before but not continuously. I read your file, I mean Iris' and after one more fighter's it was Aiden's. I am quite careful and I have a good memory so I realized that the day you were found was the same day Aiden's sister was also found dead... You know what they all believe about you... That you got killed from rogues." He explained and Diana nodded.

"I know what they said... I have read it in our data. And how did you think of it? I mean you reached at this conclusion?" she asked next.

"I had seen you with your parents... Remember? I think I knew that something was wrong with the three of you. You were skinny with bags under your eyes, weak, quite scared... All those years I hadn't thought about it but once I read everything in yours and Aiden's files I got sure that everything was your parents' job, right? They did this to you. They bitted you till death and left you alone to die, then they said that you run away once you got back to your pack and they found you killed from rogues. They knew Daniel had rejected you and they were trying to find a reason to get rid of you... They didn't think that Gideon Black would find you in time and save your life. Later I had to check some files about Iris Black and bingo!"

Diana was speechless. She couldn't talk, she couldn't move and she was breathing with difficulty and lots of amends. She didn't know what to say. Landon had surprised her enough to give her a heart attack.

"I won't say a thing, I promise you." He stated again seeing her fainting even more.

"Then why did you tell me?"

"I wasn't planning to tell you but after what Daniel did today I couldn't feel you alone. I can imagine how hard it must be for you and I am sure that no one else knows. I want to help you in any way I can."

"Why?" she asked him confused.

He smiled in sympathy and took her hand in his. He gave it a squeeze and looked into her eyes breathless.

"You are my Queen, my duty is to stand by your side and protect you from everyone, even if this means Daniel as well. You are my heart Diana. No one cares what Daniel thinks. What matters is that our Goddess chose you to rule us and we are never going to go against her. You are our rightful Queen and it is not strange the fact that every single person that saw you today loved you immediately."

"Not everyone..." she joked weakly and he laughed shortly.

"Yes... That bitch, well don't even think about her. No one cares what she thinks or wants. I could see the way she was looking at you. No one liked it, not even Daniel. Believe it or not he was annoyed from her behavior, I know him." he replied and caressed her hand gently.

"Landon can we stop mentioning him, please." She almost begged him and he nodded.

"You hate him, don't you? You are right, he rejected you, he is the main reason your parents almost killed you..." he murmured.

"And even more. He did more but I don't want to talk about it, I won't bare it." She said and his expression changed to a painful one.

"I am sorry to hear that but don't worry now. I am here and I am going to help you as much as I can. He won't find out, I won't let him."

"And why will you help me? I mean you are all asking about the Queen..."

"Diana, I won't lie, I would love to have you here, we all need you but I know you won't be happy with Daniel. You don't deserve more pain, as I told you before my duty is to stand by your side and not going against you or being the reason you are in pain. If going back to England makes you happy then I am ready to help you."

By the end of his words he was pulled in her arms for a big hug. He smiled and his heart began beating faster from joy. He was happy she was calmer and he could help her. He needed her to be happy.

"Thank you Landon. I own you a big favor, really!" she whispered and began sobbing relieved.

"Don't mention it. I am here for you. I will have my link open for you all the time, okay? And one more thing: Do not say anything to anyone. You can't trust them or even Aiden that is your brother because he will be happy and won't be able to control himself. For anything ask me." He said and she pulled back nodding.

"I know, I was thinking about the same thing. Aiden will know once we leave from here."

"Good! Now... I wonder how I am going to call you... Iris and not Diana or Your Royal Highness..." he said thoughtfully and she laughed.

"Iris or Beta... No formalities with me. Remember, I got rejected so I am not the Queen and I won't be." She replied in frustration and he sighed disappointed.

"It is late now. We have to go and rest, you need it after such a day. Do you feel better?" he asked her worried and she nodded smiling excited wiping her tears.

"I am, I needed someone, you were right. Let's go back then, shall we?"

"Of course my lady!" he replied and stood up offering her his arm.

She jumped up with the white rose in her hand and took his arm.

"Okay, let's go!"

They began walking to the palace while talking and laughing. They were enjoying each other's company and it was clear that a new, strong friendship had just begun.

After some minutes they were almost in front of the palace's main entrance and slowed down. They didn't want to stop their small chat and they were teasing each other unaware that someone was watching them from his room.

Daniel...

His wolf was present again and was ready to take control. His eyes were almost black and his fists were shaking uncontrollably.

He couldn't explain why he was so angry watching them so close together and soon enough his rage reached its peak once he saw Landon leaning and whispering something close to her ear. She laughed and wrapped her arms around his neck while holding a rose on her right hand.

Their view so close to each other and so happy made him growl and his wolf howled outraged from jealously.

Yes, they were both jealous no matter what they had said to each other earlier in the morning. They were both jealous of her in their best friend's arms but they couldn't explain why...

But then...

He observed them kissing each other on the cheek and his heart tightened from pain and disappointment. He was right... Landon wanted her but him...

Why him? What was happening with him?

He couldn't calm himself no matter how much he was trying and there was only one question in his mind...

"What is going on with you Iris Black? What?"

***********************

Hello everyone!

And yes, I know that this update came too fast but I don't know what has gotten into me and ... Yes, another chapter is on, the 5th and I am excited! 

So, someone knows who is 'Iris' and Daniel is a mess... What do you think about everything that happened in this chapter?

Tell me your opinion and thoughts guys! What is going to happen next? Will Daniel find out Iris' identity and if yes then how is he going to react?

Also, thank you very much for your love, support, commends and impatience in order to read the chapters. I am grateful to each and every one from you, I am trying my best so continue showing me how much you want more from the story now that it is the beginning and:

1) Vote,

2) Commend and tell me your opinions and thoughts, or

3) Share the story.

This is it for this week, see you again in the next chapter. Be safe and happy until next time!

I love you all,

                                 Marie...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

129K 2.1K 29
(**Violence in some parts**) Abused physically and mentally. Diana takes it all for her sister Emma, the only blood related person she has left. She...
5K 360 22
He knows his mate is dead. He never met her but he knows. No wolf wants to be without their mate but young Alpha Bane has lost his before he could ev...
7M 255K 52
Lila had a family. And for a while they were happy. Then on her eighteenth birthday, her Parents, brother, and his mate died in a tragic car accident...
182K 4.3K 28
Danielle is the new Alpha of the Star pack. After her parents were murdered the position was passed down to her. At 15 years old, and just had her fi...