Choosing My Heart's Direction...

By laurent413

[Sequel to Hearts in All Directions (1D FanFic).] Louis and Alexis have saved their relationship, but was it... More

Things Changing
Desire
Heads Will Roll
New Opinions
Breaking
Nothing
Different
Broken
Starting to Fix
Promises
Old Personalities
Promises and Decisions
Secrets- Not Just A Game
Nothing Perfect Can Last
Shattering
I'm Sorry You're Blue
Wrong
The Girls
Drama Free
Violet
TwitCam
For Nothing
Wasted
Let Go
I'm Okay
Over
Screwed
Questioned Trust
Analyzing
Eliminating
Memory
Regaining Hope
It Was Nothing
Other Options
No One Does It Better

Try Again

332 9 6
By laurent413

Alexis P.O.V.

The boy's concert had just ended and they were in the middle of a meet-and-greet. Not feeling too well, I decided to retire early and was now lounging around the bus.

It had only been about 10 minutes, but I was getting bored. I decided to call Carson.

She answered on the third ring.

"Lex!" she screeched.

"Hey Carson!"

"What's up, babe?"

"Nothing much, bored. What's up with you? How's college?"

"Eh, boring. Well, the classes are. The parties and the boys are super yummy. Like, who knew there were so many more attractive guys in this world than at our stupid, lame ass high school?"

I laughed lightly, loving how easy it was to talk to Carson.

"But what's new with you? Anything exciting happen?" she asked quickly.

I bit my lip, debating on telling her or not. I highly doubted she'd give me any useful advice, so there really wasn't much of a point.

"Nope," I lied. I thought I heard her sigh from the other end, but she instantly perked back up, making me doubt myself.

"How's Louis?"

"Good," I responded shortly.

"Yeah.." she trailed off.

"How's Jas and Abby?"

"They're good," she said. This conversation wasn't really going anywhere.

Right when I was about to make up some excuse to hang up, the door to the bus burst open, slamming against the wall.

"Alexis!" a very angry voice yelled as footsteps stomped up the stairs.

My eyes widened and I quickly stood up. "I gotta go," I quietly told Carson, hanging up before she could ask anything.

A red-faced Louis was now at the top of the stairs. His eyes locked with mine and he stormed over to where I was now frozen on the spot.

"Why didn't you tell me?" he growled.

My breath caught in my throat. What did he know? Liam? Harry? Both?

"W- what?" I stuttered, feeling on the verge of both tears and a mental breakdown.

"Don't fucking lie to me. That's all you do! All you do is lie!" he shouted, getting right up in my face.

I felt my heart shattering into thousands of pieces.

"Were you going to tell me? Or were you just going to continue lying every time it happened?"

Every time it happened? I didn't plan on sleeping with them again anytime soon.

"Lex! Answer me!" he screamed. Not only was he red with anger, but he also seemed to have tears in his eyes. I had hurt him.

"I- I- I'm sorry," I whispered, a few silent tears falling.

"Why didn't you tell me Josh was back?" he asked in a much quieter voice.

My eyes widened in surprise. This was about Josh? So he didn't know about Harry or Liam?

"I don't know," I whispered.

He let out a deep breath, running a hand through his hair. "Lex, you have to tell me things like this. How can we have a relationship if we can't trust each other?"

"We can't," I whispered.

Louis closed his eyes for a few seconds before reopening them, tears dangerously close to spilling over. "Lex, I can't keep doing this. This whole relationship is a mess, and now you don't even trust me enough to tell me things as important as you went and talked to Josh. How can I trust you?"

I shook my head. At least he thought I'd only talked to Josh. That was good, right?

"How did you find out?" I asked, tears spilling down my face.

"Josh sent me a picture of you two drinking coffee or something. But that's not important."

I nodded. Louis was right. Our relationship was a mess. I wasn't even sure of my feelings for Louis anymore.

"So what now?" I whispered.

He let out another deep breath. "I don't know, Lex. I really don't know."

I shook my head, wanting it to all go away. Everything. I just wanted to start over. Start over from when I was born and just re-live my life.

But that's not possible.

"Maybe we should take a break."

As he said the words, it felt like a thousand tons of bricks spilling over me, crushing me to the ground. The first boy I had ever truly loved was dumping me.

A choking sob racked through my body.

"No, Lex, please don't cry," Louis pleaded. He began to reach for me, but quickly drew his arms back, wrapping them around himself.

I shook my head. "I just, I need to go for a run," I managed to choke out.

"Lex, it's like after midnight and I don't even know what city we're in. You can't."

I nodded, knowing he was right. His eyes were filled with sadness as he watched me slowly deteriorating in front of him.

"Shit," he whispered. "Lex-" he stopped, tears running down his face. "I just don't know anymore."

"What happened to us? We went from the perfect couple to hardly a couple at all."

"I have no fucking clue," he exhaled.

"I miss what we used to have," I admitted.

Louis nodded. "I do too. I miss it more than you could imagine."

"So it's over?" I asked, more sobs threatening to break through.

"I don't know."

I dropped my head in my hands. "Louis, what are we doing?"

"Dragging each other along."

He was right. Neither of us knew what we wanted, so we were just pulling each other along for the ride.

"What do we do?"

He shook his head, wiping some of the tears away. "What do you want?"

"I want what we used to have," I replied truthfully. Even though I may have feelings for Liam, that was what I wanted more than anything.

"Do you want to try again?"

His words reverberated in my head. Try again. Start over. That's what I wanted.

"Can we?"

His face lit up with a smile. "Alexis Indigo Davidson, will you be my girlfriend?"

I giggled, smiling at him. "Of course."

He closed the difference between us, wrapping his arms around me and planting a light, soothing kiss on my lips. I wanted there to be fireworks. I wanted to feel those butterflies in my stomach. But I didn't.

--------

"Lou, mate, are you here?" Harry called, walking into the bus, followed by the other boys.

"We're in here!" Louis called from where we were snuggled in the back of the bus.

The boys all walked in. "Why'd you leave?" Liam asked Louis.

"Um, stuff came up," Louis answered awkwardly.

"Probably just wanted a good fuck," Niall smirked. Nobody even cracked a smile at his comment. "Tough crowd," he muttered.

"Well, I'm exhausted," I said, standing up. "Goodnight boys," I smiled and walked out of the room, crawling into my bed.

A minute later, Louis appeared above me. "Goodnight, love," he whispered, kissing my forehead.

"Goodnight, Lou," I whispered back, falling into a dreamless sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 32 46
what happens when Lexi finally meet the boys
2.6K 221 40
Had known each other in high school.. Always had liked each other... So what happens when they come across each other.... 》Harry in the world's bigge...
174K 4.3K 26
** WARNING!!! ** some chapters have been deleted and I had no backup copies so read but don't get confused or angry when something about redirecting...
8.7K 193 44
***SECOND BOOK IN ONLY LOVE TRILOGY*** Kayley Meyers has had a pretty messed up past: an abusive ex-boyfriend, almost getting killed by him and one o...