Simply Naughty-Joey ✔

By Supernatural_baby_

Re-Upload She's suffocating from her problems and secrets until she has to tutor him. A collision of personal... More

C H A P T E R 1
C H A P T E R 2
C H A P T E R 3
C H A P T E R 4
C H A P T E R 5
C H A P T E R 6
C H A P T E R 7
C H A P T E R 8
C H A P T E R 9
C H A P T E R 10
C H A P T E R 11
C H A P T E R 12
C H A P T E R 13
C HA P T E R 14
C H A P T E R 15
C H A P T E R 16
C H A P T E R 17
C H A P T E R 18
C H A P T E R 19
C H A P T E R 20
C H A P T E R 21
C H A P T E R 22
C H A P T E R 23
C H A P T E R 24
C H A P T E R 25
C H A P T E R 26
C H A P T E R 27
C H A P T E R 28
C H A P T E R 29
C H A P T E R 30
C H A P T E R 31
C H A P T E R 32
C H A P T E R 33
C H A P T E R 34
C H A P T E R 35
C H A P T E R 36
C H A P T E R 37
C H A P T E R 38
C H A P T E R 40
C H A P T E R 41
E P I L O G U E

C H A P T E R 39

2.4K 66 4
By Supernatural_baby_

My mood turned bitter the closer it got towards exams. It wasn't the exams themselves that pissed me off, it was the fact that I had to continue getting tutoring from Enna, whether I liked it or not. After that day, I didn't want to have to do anything with her, I wanted to be away from her, I mean it would be easier for the both of us right?

Of course it would, but nope, no one would see it my way. Staying away from each other would have benefited Enna more than it would do me, but Josey sees it another ways and uses the excuse that there is a big chance that I would fail my exams without her help. In a way she was right, but I refused to admit it.

So now I was waiting for her to practice English. Our last exams were in this week, but Enna had already finished hers considering she's got different subjects to mine and my subjects were left to a minimum. This is the big one that I didn't want to do, but I was happy that this would be over and done with and hopefully, I wouldn't have to return to do it again.

I had to admit that Enna's got a lot of strength inside her because she was balancing her exams and revision with tutoring me and yes, Id id use that as an excuse to not have tutoring with her. I even had the guys over a couple times so that they caused a shit tonne of mess and noise, but Josey scared them away so I was left defeated.

Since we had study leave, the timetable was more broad and instead of sleeping through until 1, I was awake at 11 and waiting for Enna to come at 1. Every time I saw her, it reminded me that she was going soon. We didn't talk about anything else other than studying, we left no room for it at all which was why it made it harder.

I wish I could say that I was the only one in the house, but Josey was here and so was Skye. They were asleep upstairs and I kid you not when I say that Josey woke up when Skye was crying and used her as my human alarm clock and it did work. It also worked at getting me pissed off, but of course neither cared.

While I waited, I went on my social media and then when I got bored of that I started drawing, except now I didn't know what to draw. This had been happening since I finished my art exam and got my canvas graded. I tried to blame it on the lack of things to worry about and that I needed a break, but it was because I was preoccupied.

I stared at my drawing and realised that I drew Enna without realising I had done so. I scrunched up the paper and chucked it towards the bin, but it missed. I sighed and pushed my chair back, taking my phone out and checking the time. It wasn't like her to be late, but then again it wasn't even 1pm.

I cursed at myself for hoping that she would come already because just as I stepped into the kitchen, the doorbell rang. A string of curses sounded from my mouth as I walked to the door, but I stopped and breathed before I opened the door and then walked to the front room. This had been a daily occurrence.

"Hi." She whispered as she came in to sit in the same space she had been sitting in since we began tutoring again. As per usual, she avoided my gaze while mine bore into her. She shifted nervously as took things out of her bag, my look probably alarming her sixth sense because she knew that I was looking at her.

"Are you ready to start?" I made a sound at the back of my throat, which was a sound of agreement and then we began. It was a long three hour tutoring lesson that prevented me from escaping, but at least I managed to stay alive through it.

The whole time we were going over certain things, my head started to hurt but I stayed put. If I held this off, the longer she would stay and that was not what I wanted to have. But then, when I looked at her, stealing a glance, I shifted in my seat and cleared my throat. My heart pumped against my chest furiously, but I ignored that too.

"Is there anything you'd like to go over?" For the first time in a long time, her eyes looked straight into mine. You wouldn't be able to miss the dark circles under her eyes, the red rimmed eyes she had. She lost the light in her eyes a long time ago, but now it seemed to never want to return. Enna wasn't Enna any more.

"Why can't you stay?" The words tumbled out of my mouth before I could stop them, but while she looked taken aback from my question, I sat there quietly and waited for her to answer me. I sounded like a kid with my question, but again, the words came out before I could stop them. Maybe I didn't want to stop them.

"Joey, I can't." She was exhausted, it was clear but I was there to push her. I gave her a look, making her continue. "What is there to stay for? I have no friends here, everything bad has happened here, there's no hope left for me to stay attached to, Joey! It's pointless to stay in a place that makes me want to run away and never come back."

"So I'm not your friend? I'm not a reason for you to stay?" She parted her lips, eyes widening once hearing my tone. "All those times I came to help you, it was for fucking nothing? Right, so I know how you feel about me. You can get the fuck out of my house, Ennalise. Sorry that you're a fucking lost cause, sorry I am some pointless being in your life."

She didn't protest, she didn't cry, she just sighed lowly before turning around and walking towards the front door. Her shoulders were slumped, her posture mirroring her emotion of exhaustion but I just let her carry on to the door and waiting for her to leave. My excitement rose when she had opened the door, but then dropped when she slammed the door shut.

"No, you know what? No I'm not going to leave, Joey." She turned to me, finger pointed at my chest. "I have every right to leave, I have every right to say that it's pointless staying here because it is! Unless you have something you want to say to me? What, was it my tutoring that changed your mind? Wh-"

She stopped talking when she had a look of realisation on her face, but that ceased when her phone rang and she went to retrieve it. I didn't understand why she had that look on her face, it was bothering me that she knew something that I didn't, like she saw a ghost and it wasn't called Casper.

I cursed at her then turned my back on her, walking into the kitchen and leaving her where she stood. However, just as I stepped foot into the kitchen, I noticed that the back door was slightly open and when I went to close it, my eyes zoomed in on a red ribbon that was attached to the door handle.

This was Chelsie's, I knew it was because that rat always loved to be old fashioned and put these ribbons in her hair. But why the fuck was it on the door handle? My stomach lurched forward when the worst thought came to mind and I ran back into the room where Enna stood, emotionless with her phone by her side.

She seemed to stare into space for the longest time, not even noticing that I was there not even when I stepped forward. I could hear that someone was still on the phone, still trying to get her attention but she wasn't responding. I roughly grabbed her phone and hung up, wanting to hear what happened to her.

"Enna, Enna who was that?" I asked her, shaking her a little to get her back into reality. Her eyes slid to mine and parted her lips, releasing a shaky breath. "He's gone. Oliver, Oliver is not in jail any more and he's escaped. They said it might have been someone on the force that helped him out, Joey."

Something inside me grew at full force, something I willed myself to not feel again. Fear. It was the two of us that stood in the front room feeling that one emotion that curled inside us and anchored itself there. I couldn't move because I wasn't able to at the thought that what I was thinking was true.

"I need to call th-" I stopped mid sentence and looked towards the clock that hung on the wall, noticing that Drew should have picked her up by now. They should have been home! At that second, my phone began to ring and I was quick to pick it up, Drew's name across the screen.

"Joey! Did you pick up Chelsie?" He questioned, his voice breathless. "I can't find her, I tried calling Josette, but her phone's off. Did she come pick her up?" I wasn't able to speak, my heart shattered at that second. Chelsie was taken and it wasn't a coincidence that Oliver had escaped from jail.

"No....No, Drew." I spoke stronger the second time around and then cursed under my breath. "I think you need to call the cops. Oliver's escaped from jail and you would not believe the fuckery that he's been doing." I heard Josey walking down the stairs, Skye's words coming out of her mouth happy and oblivious to the fact her sister was missing.

"Fuck! Shit, shit, shit! I'll call you later." Drew said, his voice thrown into full frantic panic. Josette instantly noticed the tension in the room and went to put Skye down onto the floor. Neither one of us spoke for a while until Josey touched my arm and I snapped out of it, whereas Enna was still standing there emotionless.

"Oliver's escaped from jail." Her head whipped around to look at Enna and started walking towards her until I grabbed her arm and stopped her. I looked into my sister's eyes, the same eyes that looked at me and lied to me to keep me safe, always. She kept up her strength through everything but this for sure would break her.

"Chelsie's missing." At first there was no sound from Josey until she broke down in tears, falling to her knees and clutching onto me as she screamed for her daughter and we couldn't do anything but feel her pain.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 48.1K 74
'"Can you spread your legs a little farther for me, baby?" he asks me, his voice a low whisper. I nod, doing exactly as I'm told, and he bites down o...
748K 22K 41
Winner of Best Plot of The Bad Boy Awards 2019 Excerpt: "Come on, Lena," he said, his eyes darkening in desire, "Be my dirty little secret and let m...
87.4M 1.9M 47
#1 in Young Adult #9 in Badboy #1 in Cold #3 in Goodgirl #1 in Sweetheart #14 in Love *Currently available at Amazon!!!* He'd never met someone with...
478K 11.6K 40
Re-Upload It's a little cat and mouse game between this good girl and the smirking bad boy, with the catch being more than anyone could bargain for.