His Rejected 'Queen'.

By Marie_Curia

Iris Black is a strong, smart, logical, sweet 21 years old girl with new life and name. Her real name is Dian... More

Author's Note!
Introduction.
Queen Made From Courage.
Still Exists...
In Confusion...
All About 'Her'...
Dreams VS Reality...
In Tension For Her...
Desperation For 'Two'...
A Queen Never Bows...
Too "Close"...
She Is Diana...
In 'Pain'...
Tension...
Truths & Regrettings...
Anything For Her...
"Already 'Inside' You..."
"You Are Mine...", Part I.
"You Are Mine...", Part II.
Triggering The Beast...
"One Last Chance..."
Contract, Jealously, Challenge.
'Her Royal Highness'.
"I Belong To You!"
Trust, Closeness, Nightmares.
"You Are My Queen!"
Insecurities, Passion, Rogues.
Worries, Feelings And Roses.
Earned It!
"Good Team!"
The Woman That Stole His Heart!
"With Me!"
"Important To Me!"
Reveals And Memories!
Together!
Tree Of Life!
Allies And Enemies!
There Is Love!
Enemies And Guardians.
Royal Birthday...
Queen's Battle!
The True King!
"With You!"
"I Love You!"
Family Conflicts...
Real Family's Love!
"Till Death!"
Strong Man!
"He Is My Home!"
"We Are One!"
Love And Sudden Problems.
Overshadowed Happiness...
To Northern Alaska!
Tensions And Instincts.
Stormy...
Reveals, Realizations And Shocks.
Her Truth.
One Breath Away.
Author's Note: Sharing Few Things.
Howls And Gunshot.
It's Now Or... Never!
Facing Death.
What Everyone Deserves...
Back To 'Life'!
Moving On With... Reveals.
The Two Extremes.
No More Secrets!

"Welcome" To The Palace...

8.2K 217 86
By Marie_Curia

"The day I first met you changed my life and me forever but... This seems that didn't work on you, you are still the same... I already knew it but look at me now! I am not weak anymore so get ready to face my new me..."

~about five days later, England~

Diana's (Iris') pov

"Miss Black, this is your seat!" the air assistant says leading me to the fist class' seats.

We don't start so well...

"Miss Black? Are you alright? You seem surprised..." she says worried and I snap my head to her.

"Um... Why first class?" I ask confused.

She smiles warmly, gets closer and motions to me to do the same. She looks around us quickly and once she gets sure we are alone she sighs.

"You are the best fighter in Europe's packs. The seats as well as the rooms at the palace have to do with your number in the rank. The King asked special treatment for the first 20 fighters in the rank. For now you are the best here so... And at the palace you will also have some more amenities as you are in the 12th place worldwide." She whispers and taps my shoulder in excitement.

Well shit!

I clear my throat, take a breath and force a smile. She seems nice, I have to admit it, her enthusiasm is a bit pleasant for me even in my condition.

"Thank you very much." I say as I leave my black, leather bag down and take off my leather jacket.

"If you need anything just let me know Miss. Um... Before I leave to continue my job can I please ask you something?" she asks timidly as I sit.

I lift my head up and look at her confused. What is it now?

Anyway, it is not her fault I am in so much tension and everything is annoying me. Some minutes ago I was sobbing while saying goodbye to my family and I am still overwhelmed with my eyes red from crying but... I have to get used to it from now so I have to act casually even if I want to kill someone...

"Yes, of course." I say smiling.

"I... I want to know how you managed to make it."

I freeze for a second and my heart begins beating like crazy. What the hell? What does she mean? Does she know who I am or what happened to me?

I exhale and observe her face's expression. She was smiling excited and now she looks troubled and nervous.

"What do you mean?" I ask awkwardly and pray to tell me something it won't be a problem for me to answer.

"I mean your fighting skills. You are the only woman in the top 20. I admire you, I may be 18 and I am not getting trained but I want to try. I love fighting more than this."

I sigh and smile relieved. Okay, I am an idiot. If I am getting panicked now then imagine me in the palace.

Fuck my life already!

"Training, will, concentration, motivation and a great trainer. I am sure you can make it, I did it so why not you? Just a small advice: Do not think about the rankings, let the spirit and passion come out naturally." I say and she smiles and nods quickly.

"Thank you very much Miss." She whispers and gets ready to leave but I grab her hand gently and motion her to lean to me again.

"If you need anything any time just ask me. You know who I am and where you can find me."

She nods again smiling brightly and leaves. I fall back sighing and close my eyes. Destiny was silent all these days but now she is groaning nervously and moves all the time in my head. She is making everything more difficult and I have to be the strong one this time but I don't blame her...

She has been having a weird feeling all these days and she has warned me to be extremely careful (like everyone else). I know she is right, we both know where we are going and what we are going to face.

And no, I don't mean that piece of shit King. I mean the rogues that have been attacking the heart of the whole kingdom the last two months and no matter what the asshole has tried to do in order to find them he didn't succeed.

That's why he needs us, those bastards are tough and strong and we have to fight them with his permanent army.

Not that I am afraid of fighting them, in fact I am ready to kill anyone that has tried to harm even one member of the kingdom. I was born to fight, I have pure beta blood in my veins, my duty is to keep everyone safe and fight to protect them.

"Not that our destiny was to do the same on that asshole's side..." Destiny growls and if I had my eyes open I would have rolled them.

Not again, please!

"Almost one week now you are acting like a child girl! Stop it. I am getting tired. Try to help me because it won't be easy." I throw annoyed and she groans.

"Do you remember what we have told? Don't get close to him, don't show any kind of weird emotion, you are Iris and not Diana, we have been rejected about two year ago from a rogue and last but not least..."

"Do not let him touch you!" I interrupt her running out of patience and she shows me her teeth.

"Diana focus! Stop pissing me off!" she roars.

"You are already pissed off, I do nothing and I am focused. We have been always been one, don't ruin it now because of him." I say in frustration and she sighs annoyed.

"Whatever..." she murmurs and with this she pulls at the back of my mind without leaving me completely alone.

Finally, some peace!

I take some deep breaths and manage to relax a bit. I begin thinking about my last days at my home and my heart tightens.

It wasn't easy... No, correction! It was a living hell for me.

Every night I was falling asleep crying and then I had nightmares that left me no chance to rest as much as I wanted. I have no other complaint except from this. Everyone helped me and stood by my side.

My dad for example wanted to help me relax before I leave so he began replacing me (as he will for as long as I will be gone) immediately after I told him that I will go to USA. Yes! No codes, supplies, numbers and training for me! To be honest under different circumstances I would have problem with this and I would have tried to sneak inside my office and work a bit but noooooo! These last days I was going out for shopping, walks and anything else that someone can imagine accompanied of course by Violet, Luke, David or Charles.

Vi... Just show me some mercy! I don't even want to remember what she bought for me... The one is hotter than the other and I still don't know why I allowed her to take care of one of my three luggages, so now everything about clubbing, getting out or some not so formal occasions is her choice. God! I didn't even have the courage to see what she put in, I guess I am going to have a heart attack once I need to open it and I am not ready for now.

Fortunately I had Luke always there for me and I didn't get crazy. I love this man, he knows me so well! He took me for dinner once, only the two of us and I had a great time. We were talking about some funny family moments and in the end my makeup was awful as I was crying from the laughter. He also told me about two more familiar to us persons that will join me, Ellie and Thomas. Ellie is a great 22 years old girl which we know and like a lot. Her older brother is the Gamma in a pack very close to us and we have excellent relationships with both of them. And Thomas is the best fighter in a pack in Ireland. He is about 25 years old and very friendly and funny. I think I met him for the first time about two years ago when he accompanied his Alphas in a meeting with Luke and me in our pack.

This is something... I will have two trusted persons with me and I won't be completely alone.

Anyway.

As I was saying I had a great time with Luke and also Charles and David who were teasing me like crazy and I was laughing all the time. At least at the beginning because some seconds later I was crying emotional for leaving and then I had my uncle there to spoil me with my favorite desert, cream with pineapples! Okay, I admit I ate tones of it but this is the only thing that could make me stop crying for a while, I love it, what can I do?

And then it was my aunt! I love her and she is the best especially after we went in a beauty salon to have our nails and hair done. Of course I didn't stop only there, I decided to have also a full body's package and I can say I felt another woman when I got out of the salon. We also went to buy makeup products as she wanted to make me a small gift and to be honest I loved everything. She knows my style, we have the same, we don't like dark colors, plastic eyelashes and too much makeup. We prefer something more natural and simple.

At this point I have to make a statement-explaining. I know I don't like getting dressed like most women and I love more comfy clothes (like now that I am wearing light blue jeans and a black zhivago) but I am still a woman and I love taking care of myself. I guess I am quite weird but this is me!

Well, back to our topic because after my aunt comes the pack...

Okay, I promised I won't cry again so I am not going to say details but they held a surprise party for me last night and they made my heart melt! I even danced! Me! Me that except from a waltz that Grayson taught me I was ashamed of dancing anything. So, the party was a success and I would gladly want to live it again. I guess that when I come back I will have the luck to repeat it.

And now, last but not least... Jayden...

This man keeps on surprising me. I mean... Once I called to tell him that I am going to USA he got stuck on me. He had been calling me every day more than one time and we met on Wednesday morning to go and see his mother, Carla as I had promised him.

I cried a lot that day... Maybe because she remembered me and didn't let me out of her hug for the two hours we stayed with her. I can't believe that she recognizes/remembers only one person and this is me!

I was shocked, it was the first time this happened and the only thing I managed to do all that time was to caress her dark blonde hair and stare at her emotional. She seemed so happy and calm... Her personal nurse said that she had more than a year to see her like that.

God! She even made Jayden cry.

His expression broke my heart, who could have imagined it?

The strong, rude, arrogant, distant, cold billionaire can cry like a small kid and the reason is two women... Most of the time he was hugging both of us, I have never seen him like this, not even when we lost Grayson. Now he was worse than ever, he was bearably talking and when we left he broke into sobbing in my arms. I don't know how much time we were locked inside his limousine and to which places far away from London the driver took us in order to give us the time we needed to calm down. The drive was surely long but I wasn't paying attention to the road, my only concern was Jayden.

Shit! Even Destiny was crying with him. It was hard for both of us to see him so broken and it still surprises me. I mean... Why now? He had never shown me any sign that he could react like this.

Damn it, damn it and damn it!

I couldn't leave him alone, I stayed with him for the whole day and I insisted to come with me to the pack for dinner. He needed company and I wouldn't be able to relax knowing that he was suffering alone. Fortunately it didn't take me much effort and he agreed. I am glad we managed to make him smile a bit and in the end after we had been talking for hours and having fun he ended up sleeping at the guests' room. The next morning he was much better and this made me very happy and now I feel quite relieved because I couldn't leave feeling him in pain.

Who could have thought about it?

Jayden and I so close... It sounds like a dream, no! It is a dream, a great one. Jayden and Carla are the only persons I have so close to Grayson and I need them in my life. I know that Jayden was an ass until we lost Gray but he is with me now that I need him the most. I hadn't realized that he was important to me until some days ago... I was quite distant because of our past and quite scared of him still but he proved that it was my mistake, I had to be more open up to him.

And moreover he meant every single word he told me that day in Gray's grave, one of his personal jets is already in USA quite close to the kingdom. If I need to leave from there, it will be ready to bring me back immediately. I won't lie, this is a big relief and gives me confidence at some point. Knowing that I have such a help if I decide I have enough feels amazing and gives me strength.

Oh, I almost forgot that he...

"Iris!"

I open my eyes and see Ellie and Thomas walking to me with the air assistant pointing the two empty seats on my left.

The young werewolf (sorry I didn't mention it before) air assistant leaves and I stand up to greet them. I hug and kiss Ellie who responds immediately with a big, bear hug and then hug Thomas as well. I observe them quickly and I smile, they haven't changed that much.

Ellie is a bit shorter than me with a slim body and curves like mine, big, hazel eyes, quite rose skin and straight black shining hair that reaches her breasts and is longer than the last time I saw her. She is wearing a quite narrow, dark grey dress that stops a bit under her knees and flat, black boots and he is smiling excited.

Thomas from the other side is about one head taller than me with board chest and shoulders, his muscles are obvious even under his dark blue shirt and his legs are so long that if we had to walk together I would probably run to stay next to him. His dark brown hair are shorter than when I saw him and his dark blue eyes are full of life.

They both look fantastic!

"How are you Beta? Long time, no seen..." Thomas begins playfully as we all sit with Ellie in the middle.

"You tell me?! I am great, I was worried that you wouldn't make it!" I reply removing my hair at my back.

"No way babe! We were outside with our families waiting for our turn and we also saw yours! Your dad and Luke seemed heartbroken. They love you very much!" Ellie explains and I nod with a melancholic expression.

"You know if you weren't cousins with Luke I would say that you two are crazy in love. You adore each other. I saw you together only once and I still remember the way you two behave and look each other. Even my Alphas got impressed..." Thomas says and I feel my checks getting red.

What ridicule!

I already know we seem to be a couple but we are not! He is just my other half in everything else.

"Oh! Stop teasing her Tom! They are just very close as cousins!" Ellie scolds him teasingly and really saves me because I think I have lost my tongue from embarrassment.

"Okay, I am going to stop, at least for now." He replies smirking devilishly and we laugh from his expression.

"Goddess! What is this necklace?" Ellie asks impressed pointing my neck.

"Oh this..." I murmur and smile.

This is what I was thinking about when Ellie and Thomas appeared. Jayden took me a symbolic present, it's a small, discreet necklace with a  thin chain and a not so small diamond in my eyes' color. I don't know where he managed to find it but I can't deny I loved it. This color is too rare, I didn't even know that there are diamonds in this.

This man is killing me.

"It is a gift from a friend! He gave it to me about two days ago..." I say emotional and she bites her lip in sympathy.

Okay, no more tears! I don't want to have such a hard time from now.

"So, how is your brother? I have more than a year to see him." I say to Ellie.

"He is great, you know, the great analytic mind he always was. He told me to send you his greetings and once we come back he wants to meet you. We were worried for you girl! When we learnt you got shot from hunters and you were in critical condition we called Luke. I am glad you are alright now." She says with a sad expression and takes my hand in hers gently.

"I know, it is okay now. I am fine now, thanks Goddess."

"No! You look better than ever. Do you know any woman that would have done what you did? You almost died but you are in the 12th place in the rank and the only woman that has ever managed to be so high. If you weren't shot then you could have been even in the 1rst place!" Thomas protests and I laugh slightly.

"Come on! I never cared about this but anyway... I am proud I can help in any way I can the kingdom." I murmur and Ellie nods.

"And I am happy I have you two with me. Thomas, you will be our protector, you are the man of our team!" she adds punching his shoulder playfully.

"I think that if someone has to protect us then this is Iris! Sorry but I am not that good my lady. So turn and ask this charming sweetie to have your back..." he states pointing me and closes his eye to me.

I laugh and Ellie rolls her eyes. We are going to have a great time, I am too lucky!

"And now that we are talking about abilities and all these, did you see the names? It is the first time 40 women manage to get in the top list, most of the times they were less than 20..." Ellie begins thoughtfully and turns to look both of us.

"Yeah, I didn't see the list to be honest, I knew about no one else except from you two but I heard about it. Oh..." I pause looking around me and noticing that there are too few sits in our small private plane.

"... How many fighters we are going?" I ask curiously.

"Um... I have the list here with me. Let me see the details." Tom says and takes out of his jacket's pocket the small pack of the papers we had received.

He opens it and begins reading the second paper out loud.

"There are 57 fighters from Europe, 102 from the whole America, 20 from Australia and 21 from Africa and Asia. We are going to meet all together in New York where the vans will be waiting to take us to the palace."

"We are more than the last time. If I remember correctly when our fathers were in our place the fighters from Europe were about 45." Ellie murmurs looking at me and I nod.

"Yes, he has told me some stories from then."

"And he has also trained you better than anyone else. No wonder why you are so good. Wasn't he one of the best 5 that was in lead of the smaller teams they were separated?" she asks.

"He was and he warned me about what is waiting for us. Get ready for more training, special lessons and tests!" I reply sighing bored.

"Well shit!" she exclaims and I laugh immediately.

"More training? Seriously? All these years weren't enough?!" Thomas murmurs.

"Do not ask me... Ask His Royal Highness..." I say trying to hide my bitterness and disgust.

"Can he answer anything else except from questions about the women he is having 'fun' with?" Ellie says annoyed crossing her hands in frustration.

Wow! Looks like I found my partner in vilifying the asshole!

"Oh! I see you know his achievements in bed..." Thomas whispers smirking.

"Everyone knows about it... And if the rumor my brother also told me is true then he is a fucking pig as well!" she growls through her teeth and I see her hands shaking into fists.

Shit! What is wrong with her?

"What do you mean?" I ask breathless trying to hide my nervousness and Destiny perks her ears in alert.

"I don't know if it's true but one of my brother's best friends that happens to live close to the palace told him that the King found his mate about 5 years ago but rejected her immediately. He wanted to sleep with a different woman every night."

"This means that..." Thomas whispers shocked and pauses placing his hand on his mouth speechless.

"... Our rightful Queen lost her place because of him and his fucking dick." Ellie growls again shaking even more.

I don't say a thing, I don't move and not because I can't but because I don't need to speak. Every logical werewolf would agree with Ellie and it is logical. We are growing up waiting for our mate, my other half, the one our Goddess has chosen for us.

Mates are supposed to accept and love each other more than even their own selves.

That asshole did the exact opposite and it is even worse because he is the King and he is supposed to be everyone's example.

Anyway, I do not even care he rejected me, I feel lucky he did it. There is no way I would have spent even one day with him by my side when he would be cheating on me all the time with cheap whores. I just feel bad about the kingdom, it needs a Queen and this is certainly not me, I am not capable of such an honor and duties.

I am nothing...

"We need a Queen... How egoistic of him... His first priority should have been us and not his 'needs'." Tom says disappointed and they both turn to look at me.

"What is it?" I ask panicked.

"You are too silent and you have also fainted. Aren't you going to commend something?" Ellie asks me worried.

"I do not know. I am not in position to judge him I guess." I say nervously and I am about to look away but Ellie taps my arm softly and gives me a sympathetic smile.

"I know baby... You have lived what our so called Queen did... I wish I knew who the idiot that dared to reject you is. How someone can be that stupid, huh? You are the best, everyone loves you, you are every man's dream."

Damn!

Well, I had forgotten she 'knows' I got rejected two years ago. I mean, that is the explanation I had to give when the King's special trainers came to see me some months ago to test me for this year's rankings. It is the legal process, they ask question about you, they take a full report from the pack doctors, they also put you to fight and have some tests.

So... Some months ago they came to see me and our doctors told them that I am more vulnerable than the usual in silver and wolfasbane because my mate rejected me and this weakened me and my wolf.

From the moment I was shot Luke was receiving calls about me and my condition so he was telling everyone this story to make it more believable as we didn't want to seem suspicious and reveal my identity. Ellie's brother was one of those who called so she also knows.

I may feel a bit bad with so many lies but it is necessary so... I think I can make it and keep on acting.

"Anyway... Forget about it, I don't need him. I have the people I want." I say and she nods getting ready to say something more but she stops when the pilot's voice sounds from the microphone.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we are ready to take off. Everyone stays on his seats and if you need anything ask the air assistants. The King is personally wishing us a great, safe flight so relax and in few hours we will be in our destination... New York!"

Shit! I didn't even realize that everyone was in his seats...

Goddess help me!

~some hours later, palace~

We have just gotten out of the vans and I look around me nervously.

The palace is just like I remember it except from the garden which is more than two times larger and not with so many plants. Maybe they are planning them gradually, who cares?

I care because I love every plant there is but right now I have more important things to concentrate on.

I turn around and see the fighters all around me with Ellie and Thomas on my side doing the same thing. We are outside the palace's main entrance just before the stairs on where the previous King and Queen are standing with the two Betas and the Gamma. Fortunately the asshole is not here, for now.

I observe Queen Victoria for some seconds and do my best not to cry. She looks tired and quite older. Her eyes are not shining like the one and only time I saw her some years ago. She also looks pale and she is silent next to her mate, our previous and great King, Jonathan. He doesn't look better to be honest and my heart aches in pain. These two loved me from the second we met and treated me with kindness and affection unlike my 'parents' who were supposed to die for me.

What is wrong with them? Is it about the attacks they are in pain?

"Or because that filthy dog happened to be their son!" Destiny states ready to begin screaming and I immediately take my eyes from them and look the three men on their left.

They are two Betas and the Gamma as I can remember. I know them from when I was here.

Landon, the first Beta is about 30 years old, tall, with blonde hair and dark brown eyes.

Jeremy, the second Beta must be around 25 years old, he is not that tall with short, dark brown hair and dark green eyes and...

Elias, the Gamma who is around his 30's and is taller than the other two with black hair and honey eyes.

"Hey man! Good to see you here! What's up?" a man's voice says and I turn my head to see another blonde man with green eyes and I have to say an amazing, strong body smiling next to Thomas and tapping his shoulder.

"Oh, buddy! So happy to meet you again! I am good, how are you?" Tom asks him and two girls appear on his side.

The one has very light blonde hair with brown eyes and the other had very dark brown hair with almost black eyes. They are both quite near my height and the one has more curves than I do. They look friendly to say the truth!

"I am great! Let me introduce you! This one with the blonde hair is Peyton and she is from Australia and this one with the dark brown hair is Andrea, my cousin and she is from Alaska." The blonde man says and the girls greet us smiling.

"Nice to meet you guys! Let me introduce you my ladies. This beauty with the magical eyes and chocolate brown hair is Iris and this crazy one with the black is Ellie. They are both from England." Thomas introduces us and we also greet them in union.

"You forgot to introduce yourselves though..." Andrea states smirking to both men and we laugh.

"Oh, silly me. Sorry. I am Hunter!" the blonde man says and gives me and then Ellie his hand for a handshake.

"And I am Thomas girls." Tom says smiling warmly.

"So, you are this year's phenomenon Iris! I remember your name and I am excited to meet you! We are going to be neighbors for as long as we stay here." Hunter begins turning to me and I nod.

"Yes! We are going to have opposite rooms, right?"

"Yeap! And we can also be partners at the training sometimes if you want to."

I give him a big smile and nod again. I like him, he looks a serious man and very friendly. We can all make a great team.

"God! You have to meet someone more Iris. Den! Come here!" he shouts to someone behind me.

"Who Hunt? Is she your flirt?"

My heart stops beating and Destiny almost deafens me with her howls. I feel my legs weak and I am ready to pass out. I freeze and do not manage to move as I observe everyone else turning to see the man behind me.

I already know who he is.

I know this strong, soft, sweet, cheerful voice and this teasing tone.

How could I forget it?

Aiden!

Goddess! I am seeing my brother again after about 8 years! I am seeing the only person I missed so much all these years. I am seeing my rock, my strength, my love, my protector, my everything!

I try to take even a small breath and stop shaking. I gain my mind and force myself to act casually. I can't tell him who I am now, I want to but in the end, after we leave. I can't risk it and reveal my identity because Aiden is never going to hold back from screaming I am his little sister and he found me again. No one has to know until we leave from here. I will call him when I get back to England and ask him to come and talk away from everything and everyone.

"Look bro! This is the woman that ate the 12th place, Iris Black!" Hunter says bringing me back to reality and I snap my head to face Aiden.

He is smiling warmly like always... He is still the same, brown hair, big dark grey eyes, full lips, not that pale skin, bears of about three days, tall, charming, elegant and beautiful.

Shit! I want to cry and hug him but I can't.

Damn it! This is killing me. How am I going to act in front of my own brother?

"Hey Iris! I am Aiden. It's an honor to meet the best woman fighter of all times! I hope we have a great time all together!" he says with the smile I missed so much and extends his hand.

I take a deep breath and raise my hand to him. I smile once my skin touches his warm, soft one and clear my throat with him no taking his eyes from mine.

"Nice to meet you Aiden! I am sure we are going to make perfect! I am looking forward to spend time and get to know each other better!" I manage to say as casually as I can and he gets ready to speak when...

"Oh! You always forget about me! I will introduce myself on my own then! Hi, I am Parker, these two rude idiots' friend!" a man with dark cherish hair and black eyes says and gets between Aiden and Hunter.

"Hi!" we all say at the same time.

"Looks like we are a big team, 8!" Ellie states excited and Andrea nods clapping her hands.

"Too bad that these three's rooms won't be so close to ours." It's Parker's turn to say pointing my brother, Hunter and me.

I blink my eyes and look at them confused. What does he mean?

"His Royal Highness King Daniel Jackson of the werewolves is here!" a man announces and we all jump up to see that it is Landon.

I sigh discreetly and my hands instinctually turn into fists. The murmurs, talks and laughters stop in less than a second and we all turn towards the palace. Aiden and Hunter are now on my left and right side while the others get in a queue next to us and we all stay frozen in silence for some more seconds until...

He appears...

My gaze travels as he walks down the stairs with the familiar, arrogant and cold expression he had when I met him. He hasn't changed at all except from the fact that now his muscles seem bigger and he is surely stronger. Everything else is the same... Light green eyes, quite short and black stylish hair, black formal trousers, a shirt in dark blue color with its sleeves well folded on his elbows and an expensive watch on his right wrist.

The asshole!

Of course he looks great when he is living his life with every amenity that someone can imagine, with his whores, his drinks and no difficulties. He has felt no pain in his whole life, he knows nothing from real life. He cares about nothing and no one except from his ass and these sluts he likes to have by his side.

To the hell he goes and even farther away!

I try to hold my anger under logical levels and also control Destiny that is growling like crazy from hatred and rage. I am doing my best to relax my fists and stop them from shaking but damn it!

It seems impossible!

I hate him so much!

He stops between his parents and Landon some seconds later and it is our turn to bow to him from 'respect'.

I press my teeth and lips together and bow with amend in order not to vomit right now and then begin screaming. Don't blame me... Bowing in a useless jerk is disparaging for everyone and especially me.

Shame I have to.

Once we stand up again all together he gives us an approving nod smiling pleased and travels his gaze on our crowd in hurry.

"Hello my special 200 fighters and welcome!" he begins and we all thank him together shortly.

"I am honored to have you all here. It is always a pleasure for a King to have his kingdom's biggest and greatest supporters gathered in front of him. I feel respect and admiration for each and every one of you. You are the destined ones that have the duty to protect the whole kingdom from any danger no matter what. I am sure that even if the circumstances are difficult and if you allow me to say extremely dangerous you are all going to do your best and ravage any threat. I count on you and trust you blindly. Thank you for being here today, thank you for accepting your duty and role. Together we can win, we can do anything! So I greet you and announce you my family from now on!"

We all begin clapping our hands and I force myself not to laugh like a crazy bitch! I mean, come on! His family? Really? He doesn't even mean one of his words, he is just an amazing actor, he doesn't give a shit about anyone. He can easily betray and sacrifice us.

"And now, I would like to tell you some basic things. The rest is my Betas' job to say." He continues and we all nod.

"First of all, the 20 best fighters are going to stay at my personal apartments' rooms at the top floor of the palace and they will take their meals at my table with me constantly..."

Well, fuck my whole life! This is a nightmare, the hell! Why? This is too much, even worse than I had thought!

"...This is a small reward for you guys because last year you succeed and managed to have the best performance. Secondly, you are all going to follow the program that we are going to give you with some more information, details and your room's keys. After your training and lessons are over you can do whatever you want and go whenever you want in and out of the palace. You will all have a personal card in my name to buy anything you want from our city and go in any restaurant, cinema, club and anything else with the VIP tables or sits booked only for you permanently. For any problem you have you can ask my Betas and Gamma or anyone else from my crew, even me in serious occasions. I hope you have a great stay here. We will talk again if anything happens or you have to be informed about something. And now we will say the first 20 fighters that have to come and take their keys." He concludes and once again we all bow.

God! It is ridiculous!

"Get ready Iris!" Aiden whispers and I sigh nervously with a weak nod.

I hate my life! I hate it, it sucks! I want to kill someone. I am a terrible liar to my brother and an idiot that has to stand that asshole that many call our King.

We all observe Landon calling us with our turn while everyone is clapping their hands in respect and admiration to us and the first 10 of our small group have already taken their keys from him and now stand next to Daniel. The 11th name gets announced and my heart begins beating like crazy from nervousness.

Just kill me already!

The young, tall man takes his keys and a paper's package from Beta Landon and once he takes his place next to the others my heart feels ready to explode.

"Number 12: Iris Black, Beta of the White Crystal Pack of England!"

I take one last deep breath and Hunter taps my back softly encouraging me as it is obvious I am nervous. At least he doesn't know the real reason I am this mess...

I start walking towards the stairs passing by some other fighters that congratulate me in excitement for my big achievement as a woman and I give them some forced smiles. My legs get weaken when I start walking up the ten steps that separate me from the others and I avoid eye contact with my asshole ex-mate feeling his eyes on me. Destiny growls trying to act calmly in order to help me and I finally reach next to Landon.

"Beta!" I say shortly and bow as he does the same in a mutual respect and recognition as Betas.

"These are your keys. I wish you the best of luck. Have a nice stay here. Whatever you need don't hesitate and ask me immediately. I am here for you." He says smiling warmly.

"Thank you very much Beta! I will..." I reply and turn to the 'King'.

I can't avoid looking at him now. I have to bow and thank him after he greets me again typically (fortunately without touching). I walk to him with slow, strong, confident steps feeling my adrenaline filling me with courage and bow with a serious expression.

I feel like his eyes are throwing daggers on me but an unfamiliar feeling keeps me calm. I stand up again and my eyes meet his. He opens them widely and I hold back my nervousness keeping my agony and panic under control surprisingly easily.

He seems amused but I can't understand why. He can't be satisfied... Something is wrong. God yes, this look happens for some more seconds until his quite pleased expression disappears and the irony takes its place.

And I was wondering if he was sick or something...

"Beta Iris! Welcome... I hope you learn useful things as long as you stay here. We may don't have a lesson for how to get dressed more like a woman but I guess you can ask some help from the other female warriors and look more appropriate according to your feminine nature." He whispers smirking.

Fuck!

Did he just say it or is it my imagination?

Did he insult me?

Of course he did!

Do I want to kill him?

More than ever!

Asshole!!!

My blood starts boiling but I decided to play it just like he does...

Do you want a fight Daniel? Fine, I will give you a war to remember!

"And I hope that by the end of my accommodation here you will learn that I am here to help you with my fighting skills and not with the way I get dressed..." I reply back and bow again smirking with my eyes locked on his.

He raises his eyebrows surprised and I stand up again getting ready to turn and leave but his last words are making me freeze and my skin shudders from the shock.

We are going to be fucked!

"I take it as a challenge Iris and... You have to know that I love challenges..." 

*************************

Hello everyone!

And yes, okay I may be a mess and on the floors but I found the inspiration and managed to concentrate for this and... Yes, another chapter is on, the 4th and I am excited! I can't say no when some wants so much to read what is happening next! So yes, I am back and also Diana (or Iris) is back at the palace with a quite bad start with Daniel.

Tell me your opinion and thoughts about this chapter guys! What is going to happen with these two? What do you think is happenning with Jayden? Will Aiden find out Iris' identity and what about Daniel?

Also, thank you very much for your love, support, commends and impatience in order to read the chapters. I am grateful to each and every one from you, I am trying my best so continue showing me how much you want more from the story now that it is the beginning and:

1) Vote,

2) Commend and tell me your opinions and thoughts, or

3) Share the story.

This is it for this week, see you again in the next chapter. Be safe and happy until next time!

I love you all,

                                      Marie...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

182K 4.3K 28
Danielle is the new Alpha of the Star pack. After her parents were murdered the position was passed down to her. At 15 years old, and just had her fi...
66.9K 1.2K 37
"Why-why is he here?" I asked slightly feeling panicked. "Your father, Step- father owes me money. 36 million pounds to be exact." Stefan said as he...
7M 255K 52
Lila had a family. And for a while they were happy. Then on her eighteenth birthday, her Parents, brother, and his mate died in a tragic car accident...
8.5K 1.1K 46
Zoe lands in the walking city of Archigram for her last assassination as an apprentice. Her mission, kill a millennia-old immortal who founded the ci...