Unbreakeable Bond #Project Ni...

By RhodaKadri

Nathaniel and Toun have been in love since the beginning of their first year in tertiary institutions but th... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Epilogue
A/N

Chapter Thirty Nine

370 64 4
By RhodaKadri

Nancy is helping her mother in the kitchen. She took a towel from the island and hand it to her.

"I think your elder brother is falling in love." Her mother said grinning.

Nancy smirk and was about to reply when her phone shriek.

"I think that's your phone." Her mother told her as she stir the soup she is cooking.

"Yes." She answered moving towards the table she place her phone on. She pick up the phone and she smile broadly at the name of the caller on it. "Mommy, it's aunty Anna." The woman turn abruptly and a big smile plaster on her face.

"Answer it. It's been so long."

*****

Anna walk into the sitting room where her father was busy tapping on his laptop and her grandma as usual was watching a season movie.

"How do i look?" She said standing at the door to the living room.

They both turn from whatever they were doing.

"Wow. Look at my angel!" Mrs Allyson exclaimed. "You look magnificent Anna."

She was wearing a long blue gown design with petals. It has an off-shoulder with a long sleeve revealing her slender and smooth neck. The gown also has a slit that reach her thigh. She wore a matching heals on it and she complete the dress with a silver necklace and earrings. She also hold a silver purse. Her dark hair was made and curled to bob. She wear a light make-up and a nude lipstick.

Her father smile up at her with admiration. "You look gorgeous princess!"

"Thank you." She beem.

"And where are you going dress like this?"

"I have a party. Anderson invite me to a charity party." She replied.

The old woman gave her questioning look.

"Who is Anderson?" Her father asked the question for his mother.

She smile. "Someone special."

"You mean your boyfriend. You have a boyfriend and you didn't tell us." Mrs Allyson said surprise.

"How is he?" Her father asked protectively.

"Well dad, grandma Andre will be here soon and i need to leave. Don't worry i will tell you more about him when i get back. Everything, i promise." She said kissing them on the cheek. "Bye."

"Bye. Be careful princess." Nathaniel said as she walk out of the house. He saw her smile and nod before closing the door behind her.

"She had finally move on. Your daughter is in love." Mrs Allyson said to her son.

He shrug.

"Ain't you happy for her?" She asked. "She had mourn for Tobias for a long time. It been forever since she last dress so well for a man."

"I'm happy for her." He said truthfully. "It's amazing how much she had grown."

"Yes. Our little Annabella Iyanuoluwa is now grown up. She is no longer daddy's girl."

"No, she is. No man had come begging for her hands so she is still my princess." Nathaniel said smiling.

His mother smile back at him. He is a little right about that.

She admires how much he loves his daughter. He had given his money, the little time he has and his heart to her since her mother disappearance. She was a diamond and the most beautiful thing he look up to. He always express his love to her and give her all his support.

He is obviously proud of her. He loves everything about the girl - her smile, her laugh, her way of eating, her writing especially her talent of singing and playing instruments.

Toun might had gone unexpectedly leaving a hole in his heart but she had also left a gift that can never be bought for him. And she was sure, he never regret having the child at a very young age and accepting her from her mother.

He is a good father. She is glad that he is able to be a father to his own child. He did not experience a father care and love for long but his daughter did and she hope he will reap the fruit of his labour.

****

Andre stood with his mouth wide open looking at Anna. She was smiling at him.

"You are beautiful Baby. You are the most beautiful person I've ever seen." He said.

"Thank you." She appreciated.

He moved closer and kiss her on the lips. She smile in his arms.

"God! Do you know what you are doing to me?" He asked locking eyes with her.

She smirk. "I'm glad I'm the reason for that." She answered knowing how he is feeling.

"You are so bad." He said making her smirk.

"We are going to be late for the party Mr Linton."

He grimace and then look at his watch. "Alright then, let go before i change my plan." Anna chuckles and he lead them to the car.

***

Hope is making a video call with Nancy. She was showing him her room and the things she got for her sixteen bithday.

"The shoe is cute. It will look nice on you." Hope said to her.

"Thanks." She blush and then drop the shoe on the bed. She sat on the bed folding her legs in front of her.

"How is your mom?" She asked.

"She is doing well. She isn't saying much. She is going to the state for checkup."

"I pray she is fine." She said truthfully.

"Thank you."

"Do you mind if i ask a question?" Hope asked.

She shrugged. "No. What is it you want to ask?"

"I'm curious." He said thinking if he should ask. "Who was the guy at the beach with you? The day we met."

"My brother and his friends. He is my elder brother. Were you jealous of him?" She asked

"Of course not." Hope lied. "We are just friend right."

"Yeah." Nancy answered sadly.

"Are you okay?" Hope asked noticing her mood.

"Yes. Yes, I'm fine." She replied. "Hope, what gave you inspiration for singing and playing guitar?"

"I don't know. I just grew to love the instrument. But i got motivated from watching Elvis presley play. Why?"

"I think i haven't get inspiration for what i want." She replied. "Maybe because I'm given everything."

"That's not true. You will find out what you love soon. Some people decide on what to do at fifteen but change their decision at twenty. Just think about it. What do you love most? What is that thing you can't do without? Why do i love this thing? What has become an habit for you? Just think about all those things and you will get the answer. Just don't give up. "

She nods." Okay. Thanks. "

" You are welcome. "He smile.

" You remind me of someone Hope. "

" Who is that? "

" She is my aunt. Although we are not related by blood but I'm more closer her to her than my father sisters. I have seen her just twice. Once when i was a baby and another when i was five. We went to the State then."

"How do you get to call her your aunt when you've only seen her twice and you were practically young then." Hope asked, a little astonished at the relationship.

"Her parents are my mom's closest friend and my dad get to know them better when he got married to my mom. She is just like you. You have the same eyes. And your hand when you play, it's just like hers. Honestly, that was what stop me to watch as you play at beach that day. "

" She play guitar too? "

She nods." Yes. Infact she is a multi instrumentalist. She play different type of instrument. You are going to fall in love with her when she plays. "

Hope smile. He is beginning to like the person she is describing to him. He don't know maybe it was because she is the one telling him or because she is a guitarist like him.

" I'll show you some of the videos she sent to me. Her dad is also a guitarist."

"Really?"

"Yes. Mom told me how popular he was back in her days in tertiary institution."

"That's amazing. Father and daughter. I'll love to know them."

"I wish you do."

*****

Anna park Mia car in front of Robert E. Coyle court house and she wait for Anderson to come out.

She tap on her phone texting Mia when Andre came walking out with two men who were older than him but all handsome in their expensive neat suit.

She put her phone down and she come out of the car to wave at him. He said something to the men and after a handshake with the men, he walk towards her.

"Anna, what are you doing? And whose car is this?"

"Its Mia's. I have less work so i left the office early so i could suprise you." She replied.

He smile at her then he pull her closer from the small of her back.

" You don't know how wonderful it is to see your beautiful face. I've missed you." He said truthfully." It like you read my mind, I have been thinking about you the whole day."

She grin. "The feeling is mutual. I miss you too. " She said kissing him on the two cheeks. He pull her chin up with his hand to face him and press his lips on hers.

"I want to take you somewhere."

"Where?"

"Its a surprise."

She nodded. She turn around to the other side of the car while Andre sat in the driver seat.

He drove them for an hour and they finally came to a stop in an  underground car park. He help her with the seat belt and they both came out of the car.

Andre lead them to an elevator that take them to the twenty sixth floor. They came to stop in front of a door.

He tap the password on the keypad and the door click and then open.

"Is this your house?" She asked. She look around the house. The house was huge and the walls and floor was all white. There is a stairs that lead to the living room. The living room was out in front with long black cushion to the Tv stand but up against the wall under the flat screen TV nailed a few feet up the wall. To the left was the kitchen. It had tons of cabinets, a stainless steel fridge, stove and dishwasher. An island counter top say in between the kitchen wall and the stairs. And the counter top matched the floor.

"Yes." He answered pulling his suit and the tie. He unbuttoned the first two buttons of his chest and roll the sleeves of the white shirt up.

"It's beautiful." She said honestly. The house was also neat. Anna turn around and she stood motionless looking at him.

He was hot. His arbs hug the shirt tightly making his body look like  amazing work of art. He was so handsome looking that way.

She like the way he make her feel.

"Like what you see? " He asked. "Should i take it all off so you can have a better look?" He tease.

She roll her eyes at him and she hide her face so he won't see her blush. He smirk.

He came around and put his arms around her waist. " What will you like to eat?"

She turn around to face him with his arms still around her waist." Pizza with cheese and hot chocolate."

"Okay, let me order for the pizza. I'll be back." She nodded and he kiss her softly on the head and he walk away.

She look at the art works on the wall. There were beautiful.

"Will you like to see my secret chamber?" Andre said behind her. She smile and nods. "The pizza will arrive soon."

"Okay." She said. He took her hands amd he lead her to a room in the left part of the house.

There were different guitars in the room. There was also a piano at the corner of the room. There was chairs and a coffee table with a coffee maker on it. It was neat and look like it had not been use in a long while.

"Wow!" She exclaimed. "I like it. Will you like to sing?"

"Definitely." Andre grin and he pick an electronic guitar from it stand.

She pick another and they plug it to the switch. Andre brought out his phone from his back pocket and tap something on it.

"You want to record it?"

"Yes." He said giving her heart melting smile and she couldn't help but to smile back.

They sang Nothing gonna change my love, my love, lady in my life, my gospel swear it again and careless whisper.

They smile after singing for an hour. They enjoy singing together. It was lovely.

Anna sat curled up beside him as they eat the pizza they order and her hot chocolate.

His phone ring when he was about to kiss her. He groan and take it from the table.

"Mom." He said surprise. "You didn't call me that you were back.... What?" He look at the door. And the call end.

"Its my mom. She is here. I'm sorry. I didn't know she was coming."

"It's okay." She said sincerely, smiling at him. She smoothen her dress and the door open.

A very tanned woman walk in with shopping bags containing food stuff. She wear a pant trouser, a beautiful white blouse complimenting it with a black designer long coat. Her hair was blond and she has a blue eyes which she assume that was where Andre got his sexy Aquamarine blue eyes.

She wore no make-up but she still look beautiful. And she seem younger than her age. She also have a charming smile that make you comfortable.

Anderson took the stuff from her and he place them on the island in the kitchen. He hug her while she remove the glove from her hand.

"Oh dear! I have miss you." She said.

"I miss you too. How was your trip to Kenya?" He asked.

"It was wonderful. The people have a rich a culture and...." She stop when she saw Anna watching her. "Oh dear! I'm sorry i didn't see you." She said giving her son a look she understands well.

"Oh sorry. Mom meet Annabella, my girlfriend. Anna this is my mom." Andre introduced.

The woman smile a toothed smile stretching her hands forward. "Hello Anna, I'm Jennifer Linton but you can call me Jenny."

Anna took her hand with a shy smile. "Its nice meeting you Mrs Linton."

"Call me Jenny."

She nods. "So you are from...?"

"Nigeria. I've live here almost all my life but i was born in Nigeria and my parents are Nigerians." She said with a little pride.

"That's beautiful. Nigerians are very friendly people. I visited Nigeria in 2005 when i started my work on Africa culture. The yorubas and fulanis have such a fascinating culture and..."

She was cut short by her son. "Mom."

"Oh sorry dear. Don't mind me darling" She said waving a hand. She grinned at her. "It's nice meeting you. So what do you love doing? I love exploring and writing."

Anna like the woman and every fear she had when Andre told her she was coming had wash away.

"I love playing instruments and singing."

"She is a singer and a wonderful instrumentalist. You should hear her play." Andre added smiling at her.

The woman look between them and then smile.

"Wow. I will love to hear you play someday." She said honestly. "My son also love music. He is so sweet."

"Thanks mom."

"Why don't you go change into something simple and let the ladies cook something." She said to her son urging him to leave the room. He reluctantly did after kissing Anna on the forehead.

When he had left the kitchen, Jenny said to Anna.

"Do you mind? I love cooking. Will you like to join me? It's been long since i cook for my son."

"Of course. I will love to cook for Andre too."

"Great." She said and told her his favorite dish and together they begin to wash the fruits and vegetables.

"I see my son loves you. He also admires me. He told me little about you. You look more beautiful in person."

"Thanks ma."

She smile and she continue washing the vegetables. "I was afraid my son is a gay." She chuckles. "When he was in high school, he was picky with girls. He thinks all girls want to date him because of his look. In college, he was busy with working part time, studying and also singing in clubs with his friends. I was afraid my son won't give me a grand child but i  don't think so anymore. " She takes Anna hands in hers and said." Thank you for making him happy. "

" I love Andre and i know he loves me so I'm happy that he is happy. "

" Thanks. "She said motherly. And they went back to cooking.

" What are you cooking? "Andre asked coming from the direction of the room. He had shower and he was wearing a sweat pant and a fitted white shirt. He look good as ever.

" Your favorite. "The women chorus. And then smile. And he returned the smile.

******

Toun pace around the room. She just returned from the state with her husband for the checkup. The doctor confirmed the same thing her doctor in Nigeria had diagnosed for her.

Now she is scared than ever. Although she had lied to Japheth she was fine but she was not. She knew he did not believe her because it was written all over his face. But she had keep insisting that she was fine and he had reluctantly went to work in the morning.

What worries her more is the kids. The kids will be returning home in two days time. She had to tell them. Even if she lied to Dammy and Isabella, she can't lie to Hope because he will definitely finds out the truth. He asked every day about the result whenever she call them. She can't afford to hurt them more. It best to let them know now.

It best they know and accept that their mother has an heart cancer. And she is dieing.

It might be hard to hear but it is the truth.

That's the only way to prepare them for the worst. She is not happy about it but she have to. It would have been easier to bear if it wouldn't affect her children and Japheth. But she is scared for them. They will be broken. They will be hurt.

She also don't want to leave them. She want to see them get married and have children. She wants to see her first child and daughter again. She also want to see Nathaniel again even if it is just once. She want to see his mother and her best friend.

She knows that she have just a few time left. If the chemotherapy goes well, it will reduce the symptoms and stop the tumor from growing to other part of her body. It might give her enough time to do all she have to set right. And to spend more time with her family.

But she have to be strong. She can't give up yet. She can't give up because of her children and Japheth and Nathaniel. She have to fight. Miracle can happen. She just have to believe and don't give up even if her symptoms is getting worst as the day goes by.

******

Author note: Now we know what was the result of the diagnosis. Toun have a heart cancer. Oh oh so sad! But just keep reading, don't let that discourage you.

Thanks for reading.

Comment, vote and share.

Love you.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.3K 720 10
She was seen cheating on him. All the evidences were against her. Three of his closest friends were certain of her identity because they saw her in t...
23.6K 4.1K 83
"What's happening?, why are they taking you away? Say something already!! Please say something" I broke down in hot tears as I dragged him trying to...
699K 24.9K 32
Losing his wife by a ghastly accident Nathaniel Carter turns from being a husband to becoming a housewife. Now left to cater for this three years old...
82.6K 21K 57
Todun born and raised by a poor mother, works at a filling station and struggles to gain admission into an higher institution having been jammed by J...