Mr. And Ms. billionaire

De ArinStone

'You're Leira Smith aren't you? That poor nerdy social freak who always hid behind Violet's shadow like a los... Mai multe

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
NOT AN UPDATE
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
NOT AN UPDATE
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31

Chapter 23

7K 283 52
De ArinStone

Laura gets out of the bathroom wearing a bath robe. Her hair is wrapped in a towel. She goes inside her closet to look for a dress to wear to the party.

Honestly speaking she would've never agreed to go to this party. But just today she realised she has nothing better to do and she still hasn't forgotten that stunt she pulled about Jared sleeping around yesterday.

So that her mind stops thinking about that guy she needs some drinks. And no place is better to do that than a club. Her train of thoughts come to an end when a dress comes into her spot.

It's okay. She thinks as she slips off the bathrobe and puts on the knee lengthed dress. She slips on a pair of black heels. It's not too high just two inches.

She takes a black clutch and gets out of the closet. As she stands in front of the dressing table and takes one of her ginger strand on her hand events of yesterday comes rushing back to her mind.

The rain was getting heavier by the second. Thunders had started booming. The scenes outside had already became blurry because of the heavy rain.

When Jared had gotten too fed up of Laura's irritating silence he opens his mouth.

'Are you really going to be like this? Not talking at all.'

Laura looked at him and replied innocently.

'What are you talking about?'

Jared thinned his lips.

'Really? I'm grasping for air here and you're not helping at all by keeping silence.'

Saying this he started tugging at his shirt's first buttons again. Like even after getting rid of his coat and tie, he was feeling hot.

Laura quirked her eyebrows.

'If you're feeling hot just turn on the air cooler.'

'Yeah, so that I die of cold. You'll obviously like that. Can't you see how cold the weather is?' Jared sarcastically said. 'Turn on the air cooler.' He mimicked.

Laura gritted her teeth.

'Do you have claustrophobia or something? That you're grasping for air in a car? Just because the window and doors are closed.'

This time it was  Jared who gritted his teeth.

'No, I don't. But I'm about to have that.'

'What kind of answer is that?' Laura asked.

Jared leaves an impatient sigh.

'Just talk. I'm sure it'll help.'

'I don't have anything to say. Why don't you talk? I'll listen.' Laura said softly. She was becoming a bit worried for Jared then cause he was actually looking troubled.

Jared didn't say. Just looked outside the window. When a minute passed by and Jared didn't say anything Laura thought perhaps he won't say anything. But then he opens his mouth.

'It was five years ago. During that time I wasn't even working at the company. But I knew Marissa because she was famous at our company for her good work. It was at a party where I met her. I was drunk, she was drunk so we hooked up. After that incident we never talked about it. It was an unspoken deal among us that we'd forget about it as an one night stand.'
Jared finished.

Laura turned her face stern. She didn't want to listen to this. She had decided in her mind that she would never talk about Jared's personal life again. Because simply it wasn't her place. She just barely managed to clear her head of unwanted thoughts when Jared said this. Now new thoughts would appear.

'I don't wanna hear about these things. It's not my place and it simply doesn't matter to me what you do in your life. So you don't have to tell me. It was stupid of me to confront you about this in the first place.' Laura said.

Although deep down she knew that she
wanted to know exactly what happened. She had two questions. She got answer of one. Now the one left was: if it was true that Jared fired an employee just because Alisha had told him to.

But that was what disturbing. She shouldn't have wanted to know about these things.

'You're right for the first time. You are stupid. You shouldn't judge a person just after hearing something about him.' Jared said.

Laura would've felt offended but Jared made his last comment with a trace of smile on his face. So she just kept quiet.

Her silence didn't stop Jared from talking.

'And about Miranda, I DID NOT fire her because of Alisha. She....well she..' Jared trailed off. Not finding the perfect words.

Laura snorted on her head.

'If you can't tell me then no need to.' Laura said.

It's not like I'm dying to know. Laura thought. Which is a total lie.

Jared made a face like he had come to a decision.

'Miranda had been selling inside information to Diego's father. During that time I had just taken over the company and Mr. Martinez was my biggest rival. I was looking for an excuse to fire her so that the whole company or media doesn't get wind of this. It just so happen to be that Miranda pushed Alisha and made a glass wall break on her. She was lucky that she didn't get severely injured. But she had to be taken over to the hospital. I made sure that this news doesn't get out. But still there was a rumour that Alisha got. After this incident I fired Miranda right away.' Jared said.

Laura raised her eyebrows in curiosity.

'Then why are you telling me? About Miranda being a mole.'

Jared looked her in the eyes and smiled.

'We're partners, right? We should know each other well.'

Laura gave an amused smile at his words.

Jared's eyes started twinkling with mischief.

'What do you say, partner? Now do you trust me enough to be best buddies and not quarelling crows?'

Laura looked at him and persused her lips.

'Umm..let me think....No.'

And just like that he acted of being wounded and they started laughing.

They are weird. Fighting one time and laughing the other time.

Laura smiles at the memory. She's about to start putting on makeup when her stomach rumbles. So she goes to the kitchen, makes some french fries and start eating.

A video call comes and she receives it.

'Heyyy.' Ella's excited voice greets Laura.

'Hi.'

'You should've come with us. It's so fun.' Ella says.

Ella and Laura's parents have gone to their summer house. But Laura has office so she didn't go with them.

'I'm busy. How is Mrs. Kat?' Laura asks Ella.

Ella shrugs.

'Eh..just peachy. She misses you by the way. After all you're the only member of our family who burns the place down while cooking.'

Laura greets her teeth angrily.

'It was only once. And the place wasn't burnt down. It wasn't my fault that the fire alarm thought of buzzing when it got the scent of my cooking.'

'Yeah right. Scent.' Ella teasingly drawls.

'Just shut up. Would you?' Laura says with a scowling face.

'Okay okay. Not disturbing you anymore.' Ella raises her hand in mock serender and starts laughing.

When Ella realises that Laura is about to shout at her she stops laughing and changes the topic.

'Hey. You've dyed your hair back to it's original colour. So what's making you happy these days?' Ella curiously asks.

Ella clearly knows that Laura always dyes her hair when her mind is troubled and takes it back to it's original form when she becomes happy again.

'There's nothing special.' Laura flips her off.

She doesn't tell Ella that events of yesterday has finally lifted up her mood and because of that she has dyed her hair back today.

Ella and Laura says their byes after a while and she again goes in front of her dressing table to put her make-up.

As she starts applying make-up yesterday's events again flashes in front of her eyes.

Time is passing by with no sight of Reid. Jared was again getting bothered by the silence. Although they'd talked a while back they were again quiet after not finding another topic.

'Hey, Laura. Let's talk about the most embarrassing moments of our life.' Jared all of a sudden said.

Laura says ok.

After that they almost got into another fight about who's gonna share first. Jared decided to say first to stop that argument from happening. After all they just became civil.

'Ok so it's really embarrassing. I was in ninth grade and had the hots for a girl who was two years senior than me.' Jared starts saying.

Laura realised which story Jared would tell her now. After all they were in the same school for their whole life. Every one was colouring that scandal but Violet told her what happened minus the colourful words. But still she interestingly listens. Eager to hear it from his point of view.

Jared waited for Laura to say something but when she didn't he continues.

'Somehow we ended up in janitor's closet. And well....ah..' Jared scratches his head and looks at Laura with an embarrassed look.

Jared then takes a short breath.

'Well we were making out. Like really into the moment. When loud banging started at the door. Robin, one of my best friends called me. Just as I was about to shout at him for disrupting my er..moment.. he said that my parents are in the principal's room because of one of my pranks on the said principal.'

'So I hurriedly got out of that closet. Ben's eyes widened at the sight of me. He was about to open his mouth when Robin slapped a hand on his mouth. He hurried me to go and not to worry about Ben's weird reaction. Because I was in so much hurry that I didn't take into account the fact that Robin was also supressing a laugh. As I was about to enter to principal's room I heard their booming laughter echoing throughout the whole corridor. But I didn't give it any thought and entered the room. It didn't take me long to realise what actually happened.'

Saying this much Jared paused and leaved a sigh.

'I can't believe I'm telling about this incident.' Jared mumbled to himself. But Laura heard him. She thought perhaps he wouldn't tell her further. But proving her wrong he started speaking with newfound energy.

'So. Just as I entered three heads turned to me and a very sweet shrill scream filled the room. I saw dad's face turning red along with the principal's. Mom accusedly called my name and said with disappointment this is what I've come to. She said that I didn't even had to audacity to clean up. She was embarrassed. Dad's hands turned into fists. It was like stram was coming out of his ears. As I still stand there confusedly I started to think that if my prank was that bad that everyone got so angry. Mom thought I was acting being oblivious so she angrily took out a mirror from her purse and held it in front of my face. My eyes widened when I realised why everyone
was so angry and those two idiots were about to laugh. Because I had a fucking lipstick stain smugged all over my mouth. And it was bloody RED!'

Laura started laughing so hard that mouth started aching. Jared made a grumpy face.

'Yeah, yeah laugh all you want. Imagine how I had to go through that humiliation. Dad grounded me for a whole month. It would have been still fine but no. My dear friends just had to tell the whole school about it. I still get traumatized when I see someone putting on red lipstick.' Jared shuddered.

Laura laughed at the memory. Then a thought comes to her mind and she takes a very red lipstick in her hand.

Ooh. Jared will be having so much fun.

................

Hey!!!

I'm finally updating. I know I'm really late and I didn't even reply back to comments because I was so busy. I'm sorry.

But hey I've broken my record. I've never been this much late. But I hope you liked this chapter.

And I promise you're gonna have lots of fun in the next few chapters. Although I'm not sure when I'll be updating then. But I really hope you understand my situation.

Till next time

Remember me in your well wishes

Good day or night

- Arin

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

755K 50.5K 98
As he took one last step closer, his muscles made direct contact with every fragment of my body, and I could feel my skin become ten times warmer. "...
632K 22.8K 42
"don't come any closer" I stutter as he takes long strides towards me. I press my back against the shelf and he traps me with his two hands. "do you...
2.1K 208 28
OH MY GOD! There's nothing quite like being trapped with the one man you can't stand .. egotistic, pompous, and brutal. He was the epitome of opulen...
104K 3.7K 42
At lightning speed I threw open the covers of the bed , checking for any trace of missing clothing ; Every ounce of my fiber, of my being was yelling...