[SasuXSaku] Tightrope

By SnowRabbit

Two years after the 4th Nin war, all of them struggle to get their lives back to normal. Sakura is now a Jou... More

Author's Notes
Chapter 00
Chapter 01
Chapter 02
Chapter 03
Chapter 04
Chapter 05
Chapter 06
Chapter 07
Chapter 08
Chapter 09
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37 - Finale~
Epilogue
Side Story 01 - The Scar
Side Story 02 - Valentine
Side Story 03 - Aphrodisiac part1
Side Story 04 - Aphrodisiac part 2

Chapter 11

26.4K 559 724
By SnowRabbit

Chapter 11

When she woke up that morning, the first thing she noticed was, she was in her room, and that she was fully clothed.

Was it all just a dream?

She knew it wasn't. The throbbing between her thighs was a shred of evidence that everything that had happened between her and Sasuke that night wasn't a dream.

And she cried.

Because he's gone. And he left her again, for the nth time.

She was indeed so foolish. Because she fell in love with him.

She cried and cried, maybe a lifetime worth of tears for the only man she ever loved. She curled herself in a ball, hugging herself, clutching the sheets, as if it could pacify her anguish, frustrations, and pain. It hurts. She knew this would happen, yet she let herself do this. She alone was the only one to be blamed. No one else. This was her fault, her sweet misery, her burden.

She will let herself cry until her tears are dry and no more. And maybe after this, she can finally move on...start a new chapter in her life...

...hopefully.

SxS

Dear Shishou,

I'm in the final stage of my treatment process for the contaminated water system of the village. I'll be able to finish this soon. Please expect my return on the third day.

I attached a sample and the composition of the compound I used to treat the water. An official from the daimyo council visited the other day and promised to support the village's needs. I think the village will cope up after this and will be able to go on, now that the government had finally noticed this secluded village.

Minoru-san sends his gratitude. He said he'll send a gift to you soon.

Miss you all,

Sakura

==

Sakura,

Great job as usual. Come home as soon as you're done there. I'll be sending Naruto for your escort back home. He annoys me and I just wanted to get rid of him. Don't worry, I'll send Kakashi too.

Tell Minoru to send me the best sake he has. That'll compensate for everything.

Take care and see you soon.

Tsunade

SxS

True to her words, after just a day and a half, Naruto and Kakashi appeared on the pinkette's porch.

"Sakura-chaaaaan~!" Naruto shouted. Sakura was arranging her scrolls when she heard him shout. Her face went up upon hearing the familiar voice of the number one loud ninja of Konoha. She ran towards the veranda and slid the glass door open and peaked down below.

"Naruto!" she gleefully exclaimed.

"Ossu! We're here to pick you up, dattebayo!" said Naruto. As usual, he's a ball of energy.

"Don't forget I'm here as well," said a voice just beside her. She turned her head to the left and found Kakashi, sitting on the baluster, his face buried in the familiar green book. The Icha-Icha Tactics.

"Kakashi-sensei! You're still reading that? I mean, how many times you have read that thing already?" said Sakura, smiling widely upon looking at his former sensei.

"Oh, I never get tired. The passion, the excitement, the thrill...it's like, it's always the first time. You know...," he said, his eyes crinkle indicating a smile behind the mask.

"Ahaha, okaay~," she said, rolling her eyes.

"Ahhh! Kakashi-sensei, you cheater! You said no entry in the veranda!" Naruto shouted below, angrily pointing his fingers at Kakashi.

"I'm not entering yet, Naruto," Kakashi said, looking lazily down on him.

"I made it first, just so you know, dattebayo!" shouted Naruto again, still waving his hand towards Kakashi.

"Hai~ Hai~"

"One yes is enough! You lazy perverted sensei!"

"What's happening?" Sakura asked.

"Oh, we're just having a little contest here. Seeing who'll get to the house first," Kakashi idly said. Naruto was still mumbling when he let himself enter the house. Kakashi's eyes followed him.

"And what's at stake?" Sakura asked.

"The usual, 'Kakashi-sensei is going to treat me 3 bowls of ramen to Ichiraku if he loses!' thing", said Kakashi. Sakura giggled.

They went silent. Kakashi, his face still buried in his book, while Sakura looked faraway.

A full minute passed between them.

"So, is everything okay?" Kakashi asked without lifting his eye from his book.

Kakashi has been taking care of them since they were 12, the moment that they were still new in the world of shinobi. He was the one who guide them, who nurture them. Though he may not be the only one who had taught them, he was the one who had stayed with them the longest. It was like he knows them inside-out. He was more like a father to them. And he has this freaking sense to know when something was bothering his students.

And he knew something was a bit wrong with Sakura when he saw her. She might be smiling, she might be giggling, but deep in her eyes, it was like...a façade. It was like, she was a bit gloomy? There was not enough light in her eyes.

And he has this habit of observing them, their every action and reaction. And the moment he asked her if everything's okay, he noticed she was startled a bit, and her eyes shifted from side to side.

If Tsunade knew about this skill of his to 'sense' and 'observe' people, no doubt he will find himself in Ibiki Morino's department, probably much to his horror. For now, he was exercising this expertise towards his lovable students. After all, they're like a rolling film, where every emotion and feeling can be seen vividly.

"W-What's there to be worried about?" Sakura replied.

"Hmm, you sure?"

"Yeah. This mission went 110% well," she said smiling.

"Okay, you said so,"

"A-Ahaha. You worry too much Kakashi-sensei. Let yourself in, I'll prepare dinner for you two. I could hear Naruto rummaging my kitchen now and before it becomes a disaster I'll have to stop him," she said as she reaches for the sliding door.

"Here," Kakashi handed her a single flower, "a gift. Naruto picks it up while on the way here. He said it's your favorite," he said. It's a cosmos. Sakura's eyes went huge and almost teary upon seeing the flower.

"T-Thank you," Sakura said.

Sakura gazed at the cosmos flower, smiling warmly. Does it seem she was on the verge of tears or was it just the reflection from the setting sun? Kakashi didn't know. But he was sure, his favorite kunoichi student was burden with something. Maybe it was not the time, but she might be able to tell him someday.

Sakura smiled, kissing the purplish-pink flower. Kakashi had sensed her feelings. No use in hiding from the keen observation of his former sensei. But she knew that he knows when to wait or when to barge in. And he loves Kakashi for that. He knows his place.

She sighed and gave him a warm smile. This is not the time to tell him, nor Naruto about what happened here. Maybe when they get back to Konoha and when she had already sorted out her scattered and broken feelings, then maybe she can tell them. 

That she had to meet Sasuke in this secluded village.

And something more. But she'll skip on that part. For now, it's not the right time. She's not ready. She needs to pick up her broken pieces first.

She prepared a dinner for them that night. Between meals, she told them about the happenings in the village, and her encounter with the bandits up in the mountain. Of course, she had skipped the 'naked' thing and about Sasuke.

The next morning, Sakura, with Naruto and Kakashi was in front of the village chief's house. It was her last day in the village. The water treatment was done and went well. The village people who were affected were now okay. It was her time to leave and some of the village people have been gathering around them.

"How can I thank you Sakura-san? Without you, we may have all died. We don't know how to thank you and Konoha enough," Minoru said.

"It's nothing Minoru-san. I'm glad to help," Sakura said, "now, please remember everything I have taught you, okay?"

"Sakura," Kakashi called her, "it's time to leave," he said as he started to walk away. He was followed by Naruto who was carrying a backpack full of kinds of stuff given by the village people. Sakura nodded and turned her attention to Chisa who had a face that was about to cry.

"Chisa, take care okay? Remember the things I have taught you. Though we may have a short time, the things you have learned will help you and your family, as well as the village,"

"I will, Sakura-neechan," Chisa said.

"I'll be seeing you next year in Konoha, okay?"

"Yes!"

Sakura smiled at the enthusiastic girl. "I'll be going now, take care everyone!~"

Sakura was answered with a chorus of goodbyes and farewells and a bunch of hands waving at her. Some even wiped a stray tear. They were thankful to her for saving their lives. The village people have loved her in her short stay in the village. And she was more than grateful for saving them. It gives her profession so much meaning, and the smiles and thanks from the people she had saved and helped were more than she could ask for. It was the feeling and the thought. Kakashi and Naruto were now a bit far from her so she picked up her pace and started to run. She stopped once more to wave goodbye to the villagers before she started to dash towards her awaiting comrades.

SXS

The trip going back to Konoha was a smooth one. They haven't encountered any nuke-nins along the way. They arrived, on the afternoon the next day without so much fuss.

The team was greeted by Genma and Kotetsu who were assigned at the gate entrance that day.

"Yo, Sakura-san, how was the mission," Genma said, still nibbling with his senbon.

"Hi Genma, it's okay,"

"Hey, so..uhm...how about a dinner lat---"

"You need to go straight to the Hokage right, Sakura?" Kakashi interrupted, putting Genma behind him, "You don't want her to wait, do you?" he said, his eyes draw into a crease.

"Uh..yeah, right. See you sometime Genma-san," Sakura said as she makes her way towards the Hokage Tower. Naruto already walked past them, grumbling and muttering he will go straight to Ichiraku for a lunch.

"Good girl," Kakashi waved goodbye to Sakura while smiling lethargically.

"Kakashi you bastard! What was that for?" Genma scowled at him.

"Eh? Are you saying something Genma?" Kakashi faced him, looking innocently at him while putting his right hand inside the pocket of his pants while holding the ever-present book in his left hand.

"You know what I'm talking about. You can't stop people, especially suitors from asking her out. She at that age where she needs other company other than her ever zealous sensei and enthusiastic teammates. She's a beautiful woman,"

"Girl,"

"Yeah, right..girl or woman. You can't protect her forever like what you always do,"

"We need to protect her from people like you, Genma who will fuck even a street post as long as it wears a skirt. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to see the Hokage as well," Kakashi turns around and started to walk.

"You can't keep her sheltered forever Kakashi," Genma said to the silver-haired man who stopped his walk, "sooner or later, she has to find someone to do that to her,"

"And that person is not you, I assure you that," Kakashi looked at him under, in that intense, serious look that you won't mess up with, "So keep off your hands from her, do we understand each other Genma?"

Genma smiled, "whatever floats your boat," he said, raising both of his hands. Kakashi was a gentle guy, but it's a difference when he was saying something serious. He always means it.

Kakashi then crinkled his eyes, indicating a smile, "Good, see you around," then he vanished with a puff of smoke.

"What was that?" Kotetsu went to him. Genma just shook his head.

Genma heaved a sigh, in utter defeat once again. His head hanging low. It was getting tough going around to Sakura with all of the guys in her team guarding her. There were more like a bunch of ferocious dragons guarding a princess. Kakashi, Yamato, and Naruto, maybe even the emotion-deficient Sai.

Sakura had many suitors not only in Konoha but from other countries as well. They got to know the formidable kunoichi from the last war where the Alliance was formed. She had performed excellently in that war which gained her not only praises but admiration from the male population as well.

Many had courted her, but even before they could initiate it, someone had already disrupted any plans. Her suitors would sometimes end up in an alleyway, oblivious to what they were doing there. Sometimes, they were chased by dogs (namely the Hachi-Inu Squad), or rats suddenly tore their clothes apart. Sometimes, they end up lost in the woods. The worst so far was when Naruto challenge one suitor into a fistfight, where the poor guy ended up in a hospital.

And all of that happened without Sakura's knowledge.

As for the med-nin, she didn't mind everything at all. She would often brush the idea of guys looming around her. Many knew her infatuation with the Uchiha. Many girls back then had been head-over-heels with the Uchiha heir too, but it seems like years passed by, and with the situation involving Sasuke now, many of the girls had come over their feelings with him. That includes Ino. 

But they didn't know, that the sole survivor of one of the most prominent clans in Konoha had stayed in her heart all of these years. An admiration that started since she was five, now fully blooms into true love. For now, she told some of her admirers that her focus was on her work, and her field of expertise, medicine. She already considered it her world. Her sanctuary. Her salvation. It was a world she had escaped when she was badly torn and shred from the real world. When her life, was ended with her love.

Sakura reached the Hokage's office and gave her report for the Hotaru village. She laid everything that had transpired in the village, everything except where Sasuke was involved.

"That is all Shishou," she said after she submitted her initial report to Tsunade.

"Okay, I want a full written report on this. Give them any time tomorrow. For now, you can have three days off. After that, I want you to resume your post in the hospital," Tsunade said as she folds back the scroll and put it on top of her other documents, "you can go now."

"Got it," she said. After that, she saw Tsunade write something on a parchment. She just absent-mindedly stood there.

She hesitated to tell her now the truth. Guilt was eating her up and Tsunade has been good to her. She was like her mother. And she thought it doesn't feel right to lie to her. It wasn't only a sin, but she already go against the law. She was fidgeting and she was sweating like a pig.

"Anything else?"

She suddenly jumped upon hearing her voice. Should she tell her now? What are the circumstances? Surely her Shishou would understand her for not reporting Sasuke back when he was still in the Hotaru village. But she did change her mind and tried to restrain him right? Only she had failed...miserably.

Her mouth opened like she was about to tell something. Her lips quiver, opening and closing like that of a fish. In the end, her gaze went down and she sighed.

"There's nothing more, Shishou," she said softly, "I'll be going now,"

She turned around, started to walk towards the heavy door of the Hokage Office. Every step was like dragging a heavy metal ball. Her heart was sinking deep. She had lied to a person who she cared about like a family. No, not only to her but to Kakashi, to Naruto, to everyone in this village.

She had betrayed them all.

"Sakura," Tsunade called her, with that serious tone. Sakura, who didn't turn right away, bit her lower lip. Had she noticed that I lied to her? Did she saw the flaw I did with the report?

"What are your plans?"

Her heart pounded like mad on her chest. She was getting scared. She composed herself, making sure she won't squeak when she talk.

"What plans Shishou?"

"It's gonna be your birthday four days from now. Have you made any plans or celebrations?"

Sakura's head made a full turn, looking wide-eyed towards Tsunade.

"Don't tell me you forgot child?" Tsunade smirked at her.

"Ohh, Oh...I-eh?...right,"

"You can have your off on that day too, provided you'll invite me to the celebration, got it?" Tsunade gave her a smug look.

Sakura smiled widely.

"Okay, Shishou! And thank you very much!" Somehow, that made her feel a bit lighter. She almost forgot her birthday!

She went out of the Hokage Office and into the street. She'll go to the Yamanaka shop and check Ino out.

"Pig, I'm back!" she yelled as she opened the door to the shop.

"Forehead! You just came?" Ino said, wiping her hands in the apron she wore, she was cutting a few spider-mums and making them into a bouquet

"Yeah," she said, dropping her bag at the door and approached the table where Ino was preparing the bouquet, "they're pretty," Sakura said, about the mums.

"So, what's up?"

"Can we go somewhere else? Have lunch perhaps?" Sakura said absentmindedly twirling the petals of the bouquet.

"Is it urgent?" Ino answered wide-eyed.

"K-Kind of, I just need an advice, that's all," she said half-smile. Ino stared at her for a moment then stood up.

"Okay, you need it, let's go!" she said, dragging her towards the door.

"W-Wait, what about the shop?"

"Oh," she stopped, "Mom! I'll be leaving for a while! I'll be back later!" Ino shouted, "let's go,"

The two of them went to the dango shop where they frequent. It was a less crowded shop and obviously, the people there didn't care about anything. So aside from Ichiraku, it was the perfect place to talk about matters that won't compromise any security or secrets.

After ordering three sticks of dango and a tea each, Ino and Sakura choose a seat located at the far end of the shop. There were fewer people on that day too.

"So, what's this all about?"

"My birthday's coming up. And you're the only person I know who can pull off a party celebration or something,"

Ino's eye went wide.

"Oh Forehead! I almost forgot your birthday! Don't worry, I'm just the right person for that!"

"No booze,"

"Killjoy! What's a celebration without alcohol? Oh gosh, I'm gonna invite everyone,"

"No, no. I want it to be minimal, just close friends,"

"Shush, alright," Ino pouted, "you're gonna be eighteen Forehead, it's time for you to get laid. How can you be when you don't even invite other people aside from the Konoha 11. Aren't you tired of seeing those faces?" Upon hearing it from Ino's mouth, Sakura went red. She remembered the night with Sasuke. Oh God, if Ino would know about it, she probably will kill her by making her spill every little detail about it. Good thing she was busy scratching down some notes on her purplish pad. The med-nin cleared her throat and tried to focus her mind on the person in front of her

"Oh, I can't wait to give you my gift!" Ino grinned. She only smiled.

They stayed together for a while, talking about anything, catching up lost times. Sakura felt she needed company more than anything else at this moment. She was afraid to be alone. Because in that precise moment when she'll be alone, she will think of what happened.

And she doesn't want that.

But sooner or later, she has to face the reality. She went home that afternoon and she felt like she wanted to burst into tears. She realized how pathetic she was. She looked so strong in front of everyone else, yet when she's alone like this, she felt her weakness come into her. She felt so miserable.

She took a shower and there, she stayed still and let the water run in her tired body. She wanted to cry but it seems like that as well went dry. What will she do now? She knew the answer to that. Forget him completely. She had severed the tie right? And giving him herself was her last parting memory of him.

For now, she needs to grasp and focus on what's at hand. Maybe, just maybe...time will heal her broken heart and soul, and eventually, she'll be able to forget him and get him out of her life.

She had spent her off days training at area 6, the place just outskirts from the village. In there, no matter how much she shattered the earth or broke a tree, no one will be bothering her.

On her birthday, they were gathering at Gin's to celebrate it. They rented the whole bar just for that day. And unusually, all the Konoha 11 were present at that moment and gathered up at the same table. Kakashi, Gai, and Yamato were present as well and occupying another table together. It was also attended by Shizune and Tsunade, together with Kurenai and Anko. They drank (much to Sakura's yelling at Ino that no alcohol is allowed), they ate, they laugh and they danced. And that time, she seemed to forget about him, thanks to a spirit named alcohol.

"Don't let her drink too much Yamanaka, she can't handle alcohol as much as I do," Tsunade said as she raised a cup of sake to her mouth, "you don't want a hole in this club," she added.

"No, Shishou, I can handle it, I won't take much. I'm worried about you," Sakura said.

"Okay, you said so," Tsunade said and shook her sake bottle, "bring me another bottle please!"

Sakura rolled her eyes and looked towards Shizune.

"Tsunade-sama, please slow it down! You're jugging the sake like water!" Shizune said.

"I'm not! Please Shizune, it's Sakura's birthday~ let me celebrate. You know she's like a daughter to me,"

"But-"

Kurenai only laughed while enjoying her sake. Anko was busy flipping her veggies and meat on the barbecue grill. On the karaoke area, Gai-sensei and Lee were howling together on a song, much to the annoyance of the other people around them. Naruto was dancing to a tune made by Kiba. He was poking a stick on his nose and was making a farmer's dance on the field.

Everyone is having so much fun.

"Sakura," Kurenai called her, "here's my gift to you," she gave her a small long box wrapped in a beautiful red gift wrapper.

"Oh, thank you Kurenai-sensei," Sakura said. She unwrapped it and found two red ornamented sticks. It's a hair ornament,

"Kurenai-sensei, they're beautiful~ Thank you!"

"Here's mine," said Tsunade and gave her a wink. She knew then what it was. It's the perfume sent by the Mizukage,

"Shishou, you knew well I can't use perfume on missions,"

"Sakura, girls should have at least a perfume in her dresser," she said before she sipped on her cup of sake again.

Sakura smiled sheepishly, "Thank you Shishou, I'll treasure this!"

The rest of them followed suit. Kakashi gave her a new edition of Icha-Icha Tactics, which she scowled at telling him she won't need it. The copy-nin told her it's good as a 'reference' in the future, which made her blush. Naruto gave her a set of newly polished kunai. Sai gave her a small painting he drew of her. It was beautifully painted yet the only letdown was the word 'ugly' written below the painting.

The others have also given their gifts to her which she gratefully accepted with thanks. Finally, Ino was the last one who gave her quite a large box.

"I think I'll open this back home, Pig," she said, eyeing suspiciously on the box.

"Suit yourself, I don't mind," Ino grinned. Sakura smiled and hugged her.

"Thanks, Pig, everything was because of you. Thanks for organizing the party,"

"Not at all," Ino said with a wide grin.

It was around two in the morning when everyone agreed to go home. Kurenai went home ahead earlier because she had to take care of Ren. Gai and Lee were wasted, Kakashi volunteered to take him home while Neji took Lee home together with Ten-Ten. Tsunade too was too drunk, Shizune have to support her and take her home as well. Everyone went on their way home after saying goodnight to each other.

Sakura went home, feeling sleepy. She took a shower then readied herself to dive into the bed when she noticed the purple wrapped box sitting on her table. It was a gift from Ino. She was curious about what her best friend had given her this time, so even though she was sleepy, she approached the box and started peeling off the wrapping.

She gasped at what she saw. It was underwear...sets of underwear, in all of their sexiness, laces, silk, and colors. There were lingeries too!

"Oh Pig," she could only mutter. Good thing she decided to unwrap it at home.

SxS

Days have gone to weeks and before she knew it, months. Sakura busied herself on regular hospital duties and sometimes missions alternately. She made sure she tired herself out, and will completely fell into a deep sleep when she gets home. This way she started to feel that her life has been back to normal. With her busy schedule, there was no time to think.

She woke up that day feeling like she's gonna have a fever. She ignored the possibility that she might be sick or have a cold, so she got up and do her usual routine amidst the heavy feeling. She thought maybe, this was because she was tiring herself out from too much work, and considered this as fatigue. 

She went to the shower, dress up, eat breakfast then go to the hospital. A monotone kind of life, but this was what she needed.

She was in her private office room in the hospital, when her assistant, Kana poked her head on the door.

"Haruno-san, The Godaime wants you in her office now,"

"Did she mention what she wants, Kana?" she asked. She was writing a diagnostic record on one of her patients.

"Nope,"

"Thanks," she said then finishes what she had written. She stood up to remove her lab coat when she wobbled. She leaned on the table immediately for support. Kana rushed beside her.

"Are you okay?" she said, worried plastered on her face.

"Y-Yeah, I just felt a bit dizzy, that's all," she said tried to smile. Her right-hand massages the bridge between her nose.

"You're working too much Haruno-san, maybe you should rest for a bit,"

"Nah, I can manage," she said. Kana approached her.

"You're a bit warm Haruno-san, want me to send a prescription to you?"

"Yes please, just leave them on my table. I'll take them when I get back. Thanks, Kana," she said and then made her way out of the office.

When she reached the Hokage office, she knocked twice and then let herself in.

"Shishou, you call for me?" she asked. Tsunade, as always was behind her desk buried with a mountain of papers.

"I need your help on some of these, Sakura. Grab a chair. This only takes a while," she said without lifting her face. Ton-Ton was silently sitting on the floor, beside the table. It gave her a 'Pui' sound as a greeting.

Now, this bothered Sakura a bit. Usually, it was Shizune who helped her with this kind of paperwork. Tsunade seldom asked for her help and usually, it would involve hospital kinds of stuff.

So ignoring it off aside Sakura sat beside Tsunade, facing the side of the table. She was feeling sluggish and sloppy; maybe it was a summer cold coming, she had thought. Maybe she should have taken the medicine first before going here. Her cheek was a bit reddish.

"Sakura,"

"Hai, Shishou?" she answered, without lifting her head from the papers she was sorting.

"Are you pregnant?"

----------------

re-edited:10.13.21

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

221K 4.6K 47
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
6.3K 222 10
โ๐— ๐˜† ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐˜ ๐—ฏ๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐˜๐˜€ ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚.โž โคท After several long years of travelling, Sasuke Uchiha aches for his home and therefore returns to his s...
85.7K 2K 12
NOTE: This story has been discontinued. Sasuke kidnaps Sakura in the hopes that she will conduct the surgery needed to save his sight. Sakura thought...
549K 16.4K 38
Three lonely years has passed since Sakura Haruno last seen her long-time crush. And after Sasuke left the village, he finally came back for an unkno...