๐’ฒ๐’ถ๐“‡๐“‚๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“ˆ๐“ˆ ๐‘œ๐“ƒ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘’...

By SoLikeARose

After the ressurection of the Ten Commandments, The Seven Deadly Sins have met their greatest match yet. As t... More

1: What Fresh Hell
2: Reunion
3: Recouperation
4: Two Birds, One Stone
6: Gaze Upon Death
7: Moving Forward
8: Far From Over
9: Change Is Coming
10: Uncertainty
11: The War Rages On
12: In the Name of Pride
13: The Return
14: Family is Everything
15: Social Interaction
16: First Things First
17: The Prince and the Princess
18: Gilthunder
19: Don't Mess with Crazy
20: Have Patience
21: My Brother's Keeper
22: Capturing a Traitor
23: Solo Mission
24: A Friendly Shoulder
25: Ace
26: Uninvited Guests
27: Divide and Conquer
28: Wicked Retribution
29: A Simple Promise
30: This Game We Play
31: Brothers
32: The Calm
33: The Storm
34: Awaken The Beast
35: There Will Be Hell
36: Sibling Rivalry
37: Commander of Death
38: Something Wicked
39: The Reaper
40: The Demon Prince
41: Our Sins
42: Never Say Die
43: Our O
44: Other Friends
45: Til the Bitter End
Book 2

5: The Vaizel Fighting Festival

892 19 24
By SoLikeARose

"Can you feel them coming?" Gloxinia asked with a wide smile as he awaited the arrival of the competitors. It had been a few days since the flyers were sent out all around and the demon was ready for the action-filled festival. "Are you excited, Drole?"

Drole said nothing as he stared off into the distance feeling the humans' presence growing stronger. They were approaching from every direction to get to them for the fighting festival. How predictable. With the prize being a granted wish, it was hard for most humans to turn away from such an offer. It was all too easy, really. Offer a reward and they came flocking by the dozen for a chance to claim it. Whether it was cocky or brave was up in the air, but their determination was impressive. Humans certainly had more spirit than when the demons freely roamed the surface.

"So many delicious souls out there waiting to be taken," said Obsidian with a lustfulness. She craved sucking the life out of every single human she could get her hands on. "Mm, come to mama."

"Agreed." Drole cocked his head to the side. "After that last fight, replensishing our strength will be most pleasant."

"So, Xini," Obsidian started as a smug grin formed. She rose an eyebrow as she leaned down to look at him. "It's come to my attention that once upon a time, you had a thing with Medusa."

"What? No!" He denied as heat rushed to his cheeks. He tried to hide his face among the tentacles of Basquias.

She snickered. "You’re such an awful liar. How could you keep this from us?"

"Yeah, like you told us all about you and Zeldris when you guys became a thing," he retorted.

"Fair enough." She held her face in her hand, thinking of her love and looked up at Drole who was unphased by the conversation. "So, what about you, Drole? Any lucky lady in your life?"

He answered with a very flat "No". Obsidian grimaced, wondering if he felt uncomfortable or even annoyed hearing them gossip about their love lives.

"What a downer. I was just trying to make things less boring while we waited."

"I can hardly contain myself!" Gloxinia exclaimed. "Seeing Meliodas again shall make things very interesting. Don't you agree?"

Obsidian twirled her hair between her fingers and answered with a shrug. "I suppose." She studied her long black fingernails. "Meliodas got lucky last time we met face-to-face, but things will be different. Those Seven Deadly Sins won't stand in my way this time."

"Easy there, O, let's be smart about all of this." Drole looked down at her.

"Oh, I am. You may not be able to handle Meliodas, but that doesn't mean I can't. He said it himself -- I'm the only one who can fully keep up with him. That's why I was chosen as his Second."

"All I meant is you tend to go a bit... crazy. I think it's best you don't get directly involved with Meliodas."

She scoffed, crossing her arms as she slouched in her throne and mumbled obscenities to herself. This was utter b.s. She was always being told what she could or couldn't do. If it wasn't Zeldris, it was Drole who always had to stick his giant nose where it didn't belong. She knew how to control herself. It wasn't like she didn't know any better.

"Giant nosed son-of-a-bitch, huh?" The giant wondered. "You know I can read your mind, right?"

"Yes, I'm well aware." Obsidian flipped him off with a giant smile plastered on her face. Her behavior was that of a teenager's and it made the giant rather peeved.

The fairy tried to keep the peace among them all. "Now, now, let's play nice, children. We're all friends here, let's not let anything come between us."

They had to admit, he was right. It was hard being so on edge with their newfound freedom and all the demons were so quick to exact their revenge on Meliodas, that sometimes they did tend to lose sight of theirselves. They weren't enemies. And it was imperative now more than ever for them all to come together for their common goal.

Drole apologized for his nagging and Obsidian, too, for her aggressive attitude and even cracked a joke at Gloxinia's expense that made Drole laugh. Despite being the butt of a joke, Gloxinia was happy to see his family in a state of content -- if only for a moment.

Vaizel. Here Meliodas was once again. It had been a couple weeks since half of the team departed for various reasons so Meliodas saw it best to boost team morale and partake in the annual fighting festival.

It had been a bit lonely at first as only Hawk, Elizabeth, Gowther and Slader remained, but soon after Gilthunder, Hendrickson, little Griamore, King Arthur, and Howser also joined them. Though, it still wasn't the same as having the Sins together. He wondered how his friends were doing and hoped that they were all safe. If anything happened to them, Meliodas would never forgive himself.

He pushed the negative thoughts to the back of his mind and the Captain smiled as Hawk's mom came to a stop. "Here we are!"

"Meliodas, you sure about this?" Hawk asked. "A fighting festival? Now?"

"I thought it'd be fun! With that wish, I can build a new tavern." He grinned widely as he imagined the brand-new tavern and headquarters of the Seven Deadly Sins.

"Fighting festival?" Elizabeth repeated, looking over his shoulder at the flyer in his hands.

"We get to have some fun and kick a little ass," Meliodas explained as he gave Gilthunder a noogie.

Hawk seemed happy and eager to participate. Ever since receiving the Magic Eye from Merlin, he'd been a bit overconfident. He was ready to take on whatever challenge awaited them.

Hendrickson seemed wary of the decision, especially given Griamore's condition, though ultimately decided to go along with whatever The Captain saw fit.

He'd scooped Elizabeth up so she was over her shoulder and user his free hand to point straight ahead. "Let's go!"

***

Meliodas, now reunited with his best friend, Ban, and company had finally reached the end of the first test to find that their friends had also made it through. Elizabeth was so relieved to be by Meliodas's side safe and sound. The maze had been super creepy and she had been lucky to run into Diane and eventually the Captain before anything bad had happened.

Her contentedness didn’t last long, however.

"Uh, guys?" King Arthur pointed upwards which drew Meliodas's attention.

Everyone gazed upon the demons Drole, Gloxinia, and Obsidian with fear and dread. As members of the Commandments, there was an uneasiness among the competitors. They were some of the strongest demons to ever exist. Their greatness was legendary and rightfully respected.

"It's that demon girl," said King as he looked at Obsidian. She stared down with a dark and unsettling gaze that made him shiver.

Gloxinia congratulated them on making it this far and proceeded to weed out the competitors still wandering in the maze. Their screams could be heard as the deadly thornes pierced through their bodies like human shish kabobs.

Elizabeth clung to Meliodas as she screamed at the horrors. She burried her face in his chest and he took the chance to grope her butt.

"Hey! Cut it out!" Hawk yelled and began pummeling the Captain. King Arthur began to freak out at the talking pig and began to ask him questions to which Hawk happily replied, "I'm Sir Hawk, Captain of Scraps Disposal!"

Obsidian laughed wickedly, relishing in the terror-stricken faces of the humans and their strange ways. She held out a hand and summoned a few of the dead's lingering souls for them to feast on. She shoved one fully into her mouth and swallowed as she looked down at the cute pink haired Holy Knight and winked.

"Ya liked that? I can swallow more than just souls."

"Oh, wow, O.K." He laughed nervously.

Howser elbowed him playfully. "Always getting the ladies, huh, Gil?"

She stood from her seat and now hovered over them, her skirt moving with the gentle wind as she landed in front of him. With a flip of her hair, she got into his face. "I'm Obsidian. And I'm not wearing panties by the way," she whispered the last part into his ear.

"

I-I'm sorry, you are very pretty and all, but my heart belongs to Margaret," he said nervously.

"That’s an awful name."

"Obsidian, stop flirting so we can get to the fighting!" Gloxinia scolded her.

"Please, Lady Obsidian," He begged and his wish was granted. She huffed and flew back to sit down, crossing her legs and folding her arms.

Under his tarp, Drole was rolling his eye. Obsidian was very... straight forward especially when she saw something she liked and this pretty human boy was no exception. He didn't see the appeal, but to each their own, he supposed.

Gloxinia was practically bouncing with joy. No longer shrouded by Basquias, he began to explain the next challenge with the biggest shit eating grin on his face. This part was where the fighting came in.

Escanor, hearing mention of a fight began to panic until he was speared by a vine by a laughing Gloxinia. The other contestants gasped in shock and held their breath as he was revived by Moonrose's Droplet of Life. While everyone else watched in shock, King was still hung up on the fact that Gloxinia was a fairy -- and the ex-king at that. He couldn't grasp an understanding of how the fairy king could side with the Demon Clan.

It was also how Matrona and Diane felt about Drole, who had been their god-like figure. Not only did he exist, but he was also sided with the demons. To think their once-great diety, the legend of the clan, had fallen so far from grace to become a member of the demon race.

Drole separated everyone into teams of two, announcing those on the same platform were teammates and before them were their opponents. Meliodas and Ban found themselves as teammates and were ready to take on the blue demon birds.

"Excited, Obsidian?" Asked Gloxinia.

Obsidian inclined her head, her eyes fixated on Meliodas. "I suppose so."

"This will all be worth it soon, I promise." He called for Taizoo, the large man who had been competing in Vaizel last time the Sins had gathered here. He wore a referee shirt and looked just about ready to shit himself.

The demoness observed the competitors, only recognizing the Seven Deadly Sins and her newfound eye candy, Gilthunder. No one else was as interesting except maybe the talking swine.

"Can we just start this already?" Obsidian leaned on her elbow.

Gloxinia smirked. "Let's get this started then. Drole, if you would be ever-so kind as to explain the rules."

He nodded, pointing to the contestants. "The people on the same pilar as you are your comrades in arms and opponents. Trust each other and your judgement."

"And remember," Gloxinia added, "All weapons and underhanded tactics are absolutely permitted."

Obsidian smiled at Gilthunder. "I’ll be rooting for you, Pretty Boy!" He rubbed his head awkwardly then got into a fighting stance.

"Our first up will be the Elaine and Elizabeth team vs. The Assassin Knights of Malachia!" Announced Taizoo.

"Elizabeth, no!" Meliodas shouted.

"It's fine, Sir Meliodas!" She assured him despite her feelings of uneasiness. She had to prove herself capable.

Ban smiled. "Good for her."

"I'll be fine, too, Ban! Focus on your own fight!" Said Elaine.

Meliodas smirked. "Good for her."

Elizabeth breathed as she looked to Elaine. Here we go.

After many grueling battles, it had come down to the final battle -- Gowther and Jericho vs. Escanor and The Captain of Scraps, however Escanor refused to fight his friends. Gowther, on the other hand, didn't care if they were his friends or not. His only concern was winning.

Escanor had taken quite a pummeling and all odds were stacked against him. Jericho was becoming enraged as Gowther continued an all-out assault against Escanor.

"Stop! He's your friend!" Jericho shouted angrily.

Gowther ignored her. "Out of respect for the Lion Sin of Pride, I must do this." He placed his hands to each side of Escanor's head. "Victory will be mine."

Jericho and Hawk were still as they watched Gowther invade Escanor's mind. Jericho ran up and tried to pry his hands off to know avail.

"What is he doing?" Obsidian wondered as the Commandments observed. Her eyebrows furrowed together. "It looks like he's screwing with that guy's -- of course." Then there was a smile.

Suddenly, Escanor's body began to swell, developing muscle and mass. He was massive and his power radiated off of him. Gowther was taken by surprise as Escanor now towered over him in his day form.

"What kind of transformation is this?!" Gloxinia demanded, horror-stricken.

"Intriguing," said Drole. "His power level has just barely surpassed Galand."

Escanor and Gowther stood face to face, readying their sacred treasures. The night sky had vanished, now emanating the most blinding yellow light imaginable.

Obsidian leaned forward when his power began to increase, rivaling that of Estarossa's. This was impossible. How could a mere human have this much power? She became giddy as she anticipated what happened next. This was going to be very interesting. This battle had quickly turned into her favorite.

It was impressive how far humans have come in the last few years. They were not the same as they had been long ago and it was much better this way. At least now, it was a bit more fun being able to play around with them before killing them.

"For the great sin of toying with others' hearts, you will now atone with your flesh!" Escanor said.

Gloxinia watched excitedly, ready to see how this would end. He exclaimed this was what a fighting festival was all about as they looked on, waiting for the fight to reach its conclusion. The raw power emanating from the Lion Sin was amazing. It was obvious who the winner would be.

Obsidian egged it on, as she and Gloxinia anticipated the moment they were all waiting for. Their powers released at the same time and while Gowther struck Escanor straight through the chest, Escanor's attack blasted the Commandments straight into the ground.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 41 23
After defeating the traitor holy knight, Hendrickson, the Seven Deadly Sins take in the time of peace. But peace never last. King Bartra has foreseen...
74.5K 2.6K 21
After the Holy War, Queen (Y/n) of the Elf race hid herself and her people from the world in order to keep them safe. Though her kingdom is at peace...
112K 2.5K 12
(Y/n) went to a party with her friends, unluckily on the same night the Ten Commandments escaped their 3000 year old prison! She wakes up at her home...
750K 21.5K 32
(Various x reader) After the murder of her mother, (Y/N) fled to Earth to get away the Goddesses. Her existence was strictly forbidden and punishable...