To Protect

By JanieKayne

Harry never knew his Father James Potter had a little sister. That he had other options besides living with t... More

01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
110
111
112
113
114
115
116
117

28

76.6K 2.8K 2K
By JanieKayne

"All students are to make their way back to the house common rooms, where their Heads of Houses will give them further information. As quickly as you can, please!" Mcgonagalls voice echoed through the megaphone.

Eleanor was quick to walk out of her empty classroom locking the door behind her, she panicked. She didnt know what had happened or what to do.

"Eleanor!" Called the voice of Snape from behind her, "Come." He mentioned her to follow him to where the slytherin common room was, as long as she was by his side and knew she was safe he didn't care what happened. He kept her close as they hurried down the corridors. Wand at the ready if something were to happen.

"Get in." He ordered after the passage way opened. In the common room fellow slytherin students all looked puzzled as they watched Eleanor walk in with Snape behind. "Is everyone present?" He asked the slytherins who all looked around to make sure nobody was missing.

"What's happened?" Asked Pansy Parkinson, which Snape ignored the question until Malfoy ran his mouth.

"You know we have the right to know what's going on! Mcgonagall said you were to instruct us—"

"And I instruct you to shut your mouth." He said harshly, "Don't make me take points from my own house due to your comments Malfoy." Snape said and everyone kept quiet after that.

Eleanor held herself but tried to look as if she wasn't as nervous, "What's ever happened, you're all safe. So, for now, just go to your dormitories till we figure what all the ruckus is about." She said calmly and the students listened, marching up to where their bunks were.

"You suppose it got someone?" She asked Severus in whisper after she watched all of them shut their doors. Her worst fear would to see Harry in a state that he's not meant to be in, but he was a half blood, only Muggleborns were being petrified...  besides the cat.

"Most likely." He says back quietly.

Eleanor held back the panic that wanted to burst from her wellbeing, she didn't understand why this was happening, out of all the years Hogwarts has been attended, since harry had arrived more strange events had occurred to more dangerous situations. Than that got her thinking...

"What if Harry did open the chamber of secrets?" She asked, which shocked Severus as he turned his head to her.

"What?" He asked back, he blinked thinking he must have misheard her.

"What if he's the one who opened it," Eleanor says not believing her own words coming from her mouth. "What if he doesn't know he's doing it?"

Still Severus stood confused over what she was trying to explain, "What do you mean?"

Eleanor took a deep breath hesitant on the idea, her eyes darted back and forth with her hands rubbing against each other in anticipation, "It sound crazy but, when Harry talked to that snake during that duel... he didn't know what he was doing. Who's to say he's guilty, maybe he was controlled or— I dont know!" She blurted out. "Nothing is making any sense right now!"

The frustration in her eyes said it all, she was so overwhelmed and confused as was Severus who looked down at her with a gentle gaze.

"Dont think like that." He spoke softly, "We'll figure out what's going on one way or another."

Shaking her head, Eleanor managed to mutter under her breath, "It's all because of him. All of this is happening because he's here and I'm not always going to be here to protect him." The more she spoke the quieter she got, but he heard her. He heard the doubt that came to her mind, no matter how many times they have been over this, it became clear to Snape that Eleanor knew what was to come.

"You've been worrying alot lately, especially what happened the other day." He commented trying to change the subject for her own wellbeing, "Are you feeling alright?"

No. Say No.

"I'm fine."

I hate you.

She glared at her thoughts.

A sudden knock accured and soon the portrait opened, Eleanor stepped away from Snape a bit which caused the potions master to frown. The figure standing before them was Dumbledore who had a shy cheeky grin.

"I hope I wasn't interrupting anything Professors, but it rather important you follow me to the hospital wing."

Snape and Eleanor looked to each other before following the headmaster who walked to the hospital wing where madam Pomfrey, Mcgonagall and themselves stood surrounding Hermione Granger.

Eleanor's heart dropped and covered her face.

Hermione layed still like a statue. Her eyes were wide, but her stiff hand held a mirror.

"Found her in the library." Mcgonagall comments, "The poor dear."

Eleanor couldn't believe what she saw before her, she wondered how Harry and Ron were handling this.

"When will the mandrake draught be ready?" Eleanor broke the silence.

Everyone turned to madam Pomfrey who stuttered before saying, "Well... it takes a few months to brew."

"Than brew it faster." Eleanor snapped back which Dumbledore replied with a snort, but corrected himself soon after. Severus blinked at Eleanor, he has never heard her raise her voice like that to anyone. He thought she might rip her head off.

"Ahem." Headmaster cleared his throat trying to hide a smile, "This is a very serious matter in your hands Madam Pomfrey, so.. indeed, please, brew it quickly." He says which Pomfrey sent a hard stare to Eleanor.

"Yes headmaster." She said

By the next week all teachers were to walk with their house to their dormitories and sent in groups when going to classes. Eleanor had just helped a group of fourth years to Muggle studies when Fred Weasley sent her a wink on his way in, shaking her head she left the group and went to walk back to her classroom.

"Dear Adler!" Called a familiar voice but she ignored it till footsteps approached her quickly. "Haven't heard from you in a while. What's your hurry?"

"Did you really just ask me that? I have a class to teach and so do you." Eleanor crossed her arms and continued to walk.

Lockhart scoffed and continued to walk beside her "All year I've been trying to catch your attention, you do realize you're the only woman who doesn't flatter me as much? You look like a bit of a bint if I do say so myself." 

That was enough for Eleanor to swiftly turn his direction and send a hand across his face which caused him to jump in suprise as he touched the current red mark on his cheek.

"OW! MY FACE!"

"I've had about enough of you, you bloody bastard! Children are being petrified, it's not safe here yet all you care about is yourself!" She raised her voice at him, "And stay away from me!"

She stormed into her classroom which caused students to jump. "Sorry about that, had to take out the trash, so what are we working on today?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

464K 16.2K 29
. โ PLEASE S T A Y , I DON'T WANT YOU TO LEAVE. โž โ I'M AFRAID I ...
58.6K 2.2K 16
She's a muggle, who has no understanding of magic. Imagine her surprise when she sees a family of redheads run through a seemingly solid wall. Order...
4.4K 160 18
A year after the enticing Dean sisters transferred to Hogwarts, one catches the eye of a troubled Gryffindor. Making it all but impossible to ignore...
1.5K 36 2
The Dursleys are dead and Harry learns that he still has family, James and Lily were not his parents. Harry has a mysterious brother who ignores his...