The Philosopher's Stone | Her...

By kieran_w

Your first year at Hogwarts gets a lot more exciting than you imagined. More

Book One
1. Diagon Alley
2. The Hogwarts Express
3. The Sorting
4. Professor Snape
5. The First Flying Lesson
6. Quidditch
7. The Three Headed Dog
8. Nimbus Two Thousand
10. The First Quidditch Match
11. Jinxed Broom
12. Christmas Break
13. The Mirror
14. A New Term
15. Nicolas Flamel
16. Gryffindor V Hufflepuff
17. Hagrid's Dragon
18. Norbet The Norweigan Ridgeback
19. Detention
20. The Forbidden Forest
21. Fluffy
22. The Philosopher's Stone
23. The End Of First Year

9. Halloween

12.9K 406 191
By kieran_w

Y/N's POV

Today in my Charms lesson Professor Flitwick finally said we were able to learn how to make objects fly. We were partnered up, I was with Hermione, and Harry was with Seamus. Ron didn't have a partner so Flitwick put him in a three with me and Hermione. Part of him I could tell was annoyed since Hermione was here.

"Now, don't forget that nice wrist movement we've been practicing!" squeaked Professor Flitwick. "Swish and flick, remember, swish and flick. And saying the magic words properly is very important, too, never forget Wizard Baruffio, who said 's' instead of 'f' and found himself on the floor with a buffalo on his chest."

The whole class looked quite worried so I added. "But this isn't as complex is it Professor?"

"Of course L/N, you won't have a buffalo on your chest." Flitwick squeaked in response.

When we started practising the incantation 'Wingardium Leviosa'.

I made sure I was pronouncing it correctly and that I was swishing and flicking. Hermione didn't seem to have any difficulties but Ron seemed to be struggling.

"Wingardium Leviosa!" Ron shouted whilst waving his arms around to no success.

"Ron, it's like this." I sighed before demonstrating.

"Wingardium Leviosa!" I said, right after the feather started flying.

"Well done!" Flitwick clapped. "Look everyone, Mr L/N has done it!"

I smiled before I heard Hermione try to give advice to Ron.

"You're saying it wrong," she said, "it's Wing-gar-dium Levi-o-sa, make the 'gar' nice and long."

"Oh piss off." I heard Ron say whilst rolling his eyes and sulking off, joining Harry. Hermione looked at me, a hint of sadness in her eyes, I gave her a reassuring look.

"Don't worry Hermione, it's just Ron."

After the lesson ended, I left with Harry and Ron, it wasn't long before Ron started going on about Hermione.

"It's no wonder no one can stand her," he said to the two of us as we pushed our way into the crowded corridor, "she's a nightmare, honestly."

"She's not that bad, maybe you just don't give her a chance." I defended, Hermione was actually nice and I felt that they hadn't really given her a chance.

Just then someone knocked into Harry as they hurried past him. It was Hermione. I caught a glimpse of her face and was startled to see that she was in tears.

"I think she heard you." Harry stated.

"So? She must have realised she's got no friends." Ron said, looking uncomfortable.

"Ron, just shut your mouth for once! Please!" I said, annoyed, before rushing off to follow Hermione.

I followed her to a girls' bathroom and cursed, I didn't know how I was going to get in. I was waiting outside for her to come out when an older girl exited the bathroom.

"Um, what are you doing here? This is a girls' bathroom."

"Oh, sorry, I'm waiting for my friend she's a bit upset and I want to see if she's ok."

The older girl seemed to understand. "Just go in, no one really uses these toilets that often so you should be fine. Try not to get caught though."

I nodded gratefully before entering the bathroom. There was only one stall occupied and I assumed that it was Hermione. I walked towards the cubicle and knocked. "Granger, it's me. You ok?"

"Go away Y/N." I heard.

"Come on 'Mione. It's just stupid Ron." I said before realising I called her 'Mione. "I mean Hermione." I quickly added, going a little bit red.

I heard the door click open as a teary-eyed Hermione Granger walked out. I quickly hugged her. "You have friends Hermione, I'm your friend."

"Thanks, Y/N, it means a lot." she mumbled into my shoulder.

After she stopped crying we just sat down and started talking, not about Ron or Harry, but just about life in general. She was actually more than the know it all Harry and Ron perceived her to be. I told her more about my life and she told me more about hers. We both grew up differently since she was a Muggle-born and I was a Pure-blood.

All of a sudden we heard large thumps coming towards the bathroom and out of instinct I stood up and grabbed my wand. Out of nowhere, a troll came into the bathroom, holding a club.

"Hermione, hide!" I shouted before trying my best to knock out the troll.

I kept on running around trying to confuse it, occasionally I would cast a basic spell that wouldn't do anything to it.

Throughout all this, I saw that Hermione was hiding in a cubicle watching in fear. Just as I thought it was going to kill me I heard Ron shout.

"Oi over here pea brain!"

The troll diverted its attention from me to Ron and Harry, in that time I quickly ran over to Hermione and said urgently. "Hermione, you gotta leave!"

She did nothing and still looked at the whole scene in fear. I sighed and without even thinking I jumped on the troll's back and wrapped my arm around his neck, it was stupid but it seemed brave. I heard Hermione let out a terrified shout. My wand had gone into the troll's nostrils and it yelped in pain, shaking its head. I started clinging on scared that I was going to die.

The troll was about to hit me with his club before I heard Ron say. "Wingardium Leviosa."

The club went out the troll's hand and landed on its head. The troll passed out and as it fell I swiftly jumped and landed on the floor.

"I-is it dead?" I heard Hermione squeak.

"I don't think so, I think it's just been knocked out." Harry stated.

I exhaled and quickly went over to the troll and pulled my wand out.

"Troll boogers, gross." I exclaimed.

"What on earth were you thinking?" I heard a voice come from the doorway, it was Professor McGonagall, with cold fury in her voice.

We were going to be expelled for sure, I opened my mouth but Hermione quickly said something from the corner.

"Professor, they were looking for me. I went looking for a troll because I read about them and thought I could take it on."

I smiled slightly. The Hermione Granger was lying to a teacher. Ron and Harry looked shocked but went with it.

"If they weren't here I would be dead right now." Hermione continued.

"Well, in that case, I'm very disappointed in you Miss Granger, five points will be taken from Gryffindor for this," said Professor McGonagall, "I'm very disappointed in you. If you're not hurt at all, you'd better get off to Gryffindor tower. Students are finishing the feast in their houses."

Hermione then left leaving us three with Snape, McGonagall and Quirrel.

"Well, I still say you were lucky, but not many first years could have taken on a full-grown mountain troll. You each win Gryffindor five points. Professor Dumbledore will be informed of this. You may go." McGonagall added before the three of us rushed off.

When I got back Hermione was waiting in a corner looking embarrassed.

"Thanks." she muttered to Harry and Ron before they walked off leaving me and her.

I was still looking a mess since I hadn't changed from the whole troll incident.

"Thanks, Y/N, for being there before and saving me." she smiled before going on her tiptoes and quickly kissing me on the cheek before walking off.

I just stood there for a while insanely red, then Harry and Ron asked me what had happened.

"Nothing guys, nothing." I said before walking up to shower and get changed.

From then on, Ron and Harry had nothing against Hermione. The four of us had become friends, thanks to that mountain troll.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3K 50 15
Y/n Potter, starts your first year at Hogwarts. You go through many series of challenges as you discover your love for Draco, your older brothers ene...
244K 7.7K 34
Your fifth year at Hogwarts is waiting for you, but the question is: will you be there?
3.9K 121 20
In which the fourth year at Hogwarts brings you new challenges and obstacles that you need to face while also being oblivious to your feelings toward...
13.7K 274 25
You live in an orphanage. According to the people who run it, your parents died in a car crash when you were only a year old. One day, a man comes cl...