Amethyst || Harry Styles

By fadoraharry_

am·e·thyst: A violet or purple color. A story about a 24 year old single father meeting a 23 year old female... More

Amethyst || Harry Styles
One
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-one
Twenty-two
Twenty-three
Twenty-four
Twenty-five
Twenty-six
Twenty-seven
Twenty-eight
Twenty-nine
Thirty
Thirty-one
Thirty-two
Thirty-three
Thirty-four
Thirty-five
Thirty-six
Thirty-seven
Thirty-eight
Thirty-nine
Forty
Forty-one
Forty-two
Forty-three
Forty-four
Forty-five
Forty-six
Forty-seven
Forty-eight
Forty-nine
Fifty
Fifty-one
Fifty-two
Fifty-three
Fifty-four
Fifty-five
Fifty-six
Fifty-seven
Fifty-eight
Fifty-nine
Sixty
Epilogue

Two

20.6K 822 294
By fadoraharry_

Two 

"Dada, hurry up. I want to see Nana and Auntie Gem. Oh, and Papa. I forgot about him."

"What about James? You don't want to see James?"

"I don't like James." 

"You don't like your cousin?"

"Boys are gross. They have cooties."

"So I have cooties?"

"You are my daddy. Daddys don't have cooties. But James doesn't do anything, dada. He's boring." 

"But he's only one years old."

"I don't care, he's still boring. Now hurry up, dada."

"One sec." I laugh, putting on my blue flannel overtop my shirt. 

"Are you ready now?" 

"Yes, princess. Are you ready?" 

"Yes, one hour ago, dada. Why are you so slow." She grabs my hand, pulling me out of my room. I quickly get socks from my drawer and let Ella pull me towards the front door. 

"Do you want anything to eat or drink before we go?" She shakes her head with a smile. 

"No thank you, dada."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, dada. Now let's go." 

"Okay, okay." 

I help her slip on her white, tiny converse making it go along with her yellow dress with purple flowers. I quickly slip on my boots, grabbing the car keys and my phone before opening the door. I grab the dish on the side table that has aluminum foil wrapped on top and hold it in one hand.

Ella waits by my side knowing not to run off while I close and lock the door behind me. I hold Ella's hand, the both of us going down the lift to the parking lot and hopping in the car. I fix Ella into her booster seat, buckling her up and placing the dish on the floor of the car before going into my seat and starting the engine. 

"Excited?" I look through the rear mirror and see her nodding her head, a big grin spreading across her face. 

"Yes." She says and giggles. I turn on the radio, letting it play softly in the background. 

The ride there was smooth, but my mind was swirling with thoughts. Always when I visit my family, it is stressful. They are always on my back asking about my life and Ella's, always wanting to know if I have found interest in a girl. My mum's worried about me and Ella. She wants Ella to have a proper mother in her life and wants me to settle down so my future is fully set. But I can't do that.

First off, I have no time. When I am not looking after Ella, I am at work, or doing work at home, I don't have time for myself anymore. And secondly, I can't just go out looking for women. I am an independent man and I am proud of that, I don't want to look and sound desperate just to satisfy my mum.

"Are we there yet?" I snap out if my thoughts and glance at Ella behind my shoulder. 

"Almost." I smile at her. I make a left off of the main road and continue driving down the smaller road. 

"How about now?" A chuckle leaves my lips, my smile shining through. 

"Yes, we're almost there now, princess." 

"Yay!" She jumps in her seat, showing her excitement. 

I slow the car down as we approach the house. I see my parents' car, but I also see a black Mini Cooper in the driveway making my eyebrows furrow. Maybe Gemma got another car? 

Since that car is in my spot, I park on the side of the road in front of Gemma's house. Cutting off the engine, I unbuckle my seatbelt and climb out of the car, opening the back door and helping Ella out. 

"Don't run off onto the road, okay Els?" I place her down on the ground and she nods, staying ground while I retrieve the dish. "Okay let's go." 

I close the door shut, putting on the car alarm. Ella dashes around the car and towards the house, knocking on the door. When I catch up with her, I pick her up using my free arm and let her press the doorbell making her happy and giggly. 

"Coming!" I hear Gemma say from inside the house. Footsteps follow and the door unlocks, being pulled open. 

"Auntie Gem Gem." Ella throws her arms up and runs towards my sister, hugging her leg. 

"Ella! It's so nice to see you! How are you?" Gemma reaches down and picks up my little girl, resting Ella on her hip. 

"Good." Ella rests her head on Gemma's shoulder. My sister looks at me, giving a wide smile and hug. 

"How are you doing, little brother?" She kisses my cheek. 

"I'm doing well. How about you, Gemma?" I kiss her cheek also.

"Good, good. I don't know how you managed with Ella at such a young age. I'm twenty seven, with a husband, but it is so hard for the both of us to deal with James." A chuckle leaves my lips. 

"It was difficult, let me tell you that." 

We enter the house, Gemma helping Ella take off her converse while I undo my boots. My sister holds Ella's hand while we walk further into the house. 

"Mum's in the kitchen, same with Robin." I hum in response, still holding the dish in my hands. When I enter the room, I see my parents cooking behind the island counter. My mum is at the stove and Robin is chopping some vegetables besides her.

"Hey." I say and place my lasagna besides the other foods on the table. My mum turns around, a bright smile on her face. 

"Harry!" She wipes her hands on her apron and walks to me, embracing my into a tight hug. "How are you, honey? Where's Ella?" 

"Ella's here!" Ella says running into the kitchen and hugging my mum'a leg. 

"Ella, look at you. You look so much bigger." My mum picks her up and rests her on her hip. 

"I know right. She's growing into a big girl." Gemma adds making Ella giggle. Robin walks up, kissing Ella's head before embracing me into a hug.

"Hey, Harry. Everything alright?" 

"Yup. Everything's great." 

"How's work?" 

"Stressful at times," I chuckle. "But it's good. My students are behaving, so that makes things a lot easier." I smile. He pats my back. 

"Just take it easy, son. You are only twenty four but you are working like you are forty. You need time for yourself, Harry." The truth behind those words scare me. I nod. 

"Where's James?" I ask Gemma. She looks at me and points upstairs. 

"He's sleeping."

"Want me to check him for you?"

"That would be very kind, thank you Harry." I give a smile, leaving the kitchen and going up the stairs. 

I hear people talking, girls it sounds like, and it makes me worried. I have never heard those voices before. I take two steps at a time, quickening my pace as my heart beats faster. 

Are there burglars in the house?

A particular laugh rings out and I gulp nearing the sound. It's coming from Gemma's room. And James is in Gemma's room. Panic swarms through me as I look for any weapons. I see a broom propped up against the wall and grab it, slowly walking to the closed door. 

I count to three in my head and take a deep breath before reaching my hand onto the doorknob, turning it slowly. My heart is thumping so hard against my chest. I'm scared for my life. When the doorknob is turned all the way, I take another deep breath and forcefully push he door open, raising the broom up, ready to attack. 

I see two girls on Gemma's bed with James in the hands of the one with vibrant purple hair. 

"Ahhh!" They scream, the purple haired girl holding James closer to her chest. 

"What the fuck!" The older girl says. 

Seeing that they are holding no threat, I lower the broom, not ready to put it down just yet. 

"Could you put that thing down." The purple haired girl says, looking at me like I'm crazy. 

"And who are you?" I ask them, ignoring her previous words. 

"Gemma's friends. Now put that down." I put the broom against the frame of the door and take another step inside the room. 

"Sorry. Wasn't expecting more people to be in the house." I scratch the back of my neck. 

"It's alright." The older girl laughs. The purple haired girl just continues looking at me like a lunatic. 

"I'm Har-" The sounds of people running up he stairs interrupts me. I see Gemma, my mum and Robin dashing into the room with worries expressions on their faces.

"What happened?" Gemma says, clearly frazzled. 

"This lunatic just barged into the room holding a broom." Purple says pointing at me. James wiggles around in her arms starting to cry. "Now look what you did." I scoff, shaking my head at her words. 

"James. Shh, baby. Mummy's here." Purple passes James to Gemma, my sister now trying to calm her son, lightly bouncing him in her arms. 

"Everyone alright?" My mum asks me. 

"A little notification would have been nice. I thought there were burglars in the house." I try to defend myself. Ella walks into the room, immediately going to my side looking worries also. I pick her up, placing her on my hip and kiss her forehead. 

"Everything's okay." I tell her. 

"Sorry, Harry. It's my fault." Gemma says, sitting down besides the two girls. 

"It's alright." I say. My mum and Robin head back downstairs to continue cooking, seeing that no emergency is taking place. 

"Harry, this is Lauren," she points to the older girl. "And this is Jasmine, her sister." Gemma points to the purple haired girl. I look at Jasmine, seeing her look at Ella. "And girls, this is my brother, Harry, and his daughter, Ella." 

I look at their shocked faces, immediately knowing that they are now judging me. I give a small smile, despite my insecure feeling and hug Ella closer to me. 

"It's nice to meet you. Sorry again about before." I turn around and walk out of the room, closing the door behind me.

"Did you see her hair?" Ella says, clearly fascinated. 

I nod. "Mhmm."

"It's purple." 

"I know."

"I want purple hair." 

"Maybe when you are older, okay?"

"Are you okay, dada." 

"Mhmm."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.2K 237 9
After your best friend's parents divorce, you find yourself being the confidant and stress relief of your best friend's dad. He's double your age, ri...
335K 3.7K 28
Book Six. Just a bunch of One Shots as you and Harry spend your life together. (NONE OF THESE ONE SHOTS ARE IN ORDER. IN ONE CHAPTER HARRY MAY BE 20...
14.8K 394 18
Violet is a 18 year old teenager with an abusive father. When her idol, Liam Payne, catches the father abusing her, he then takes her with him. She g...
1.2K 49 18
how far do you have to go to escape reality? violetta fern zampino has been wondering this since she found her mother's body. violetta hasn't ever e...