the bond in bloody roses

By ItaChan19

Sakika Matsumoto thought she had her life all figured out. She was going to become a vampire hunter. Make her... More

Night One
Night Two
Night Three
Night Four
Night Five
Night Six
Night Seven
Night Eight
Night Nine
Night Ten
Night Eleven
Night 12
Night Thirteen
Night Fourteen
Night Fifteen
Night Sixteen
Night Seventeen
Night Eighteen
Night Nineteen
Night Twenty
Night Twenty-One
Night Twenty-Two
Night Twenty-Four
Night Twenty-Six
Night Twenty-Six

Night Twenty-Three

19 0 0
By ItaChan19

Night Twenty-Three:

The next day I woke up earlier than anyone else. I was still used to my stupid school schedule. I sighed as I stared at the ceiling, the early morning sunlight streaming through the window.

It felt strange to be in my bedroom again. It felt like I had been gone for so long, but I knew I was not gone from home that long. But, then again, this home never really felt like home. It never felt like my home. It always felt like a strangers home.

The bed was still large with black sheets, and a blue comforter. There was still a window to my left, right next to my blue painted, wooden nightstand with the golden lamp. The window still had the same, red, see through curtains over them. The walls were still painted the same light, sky blue. There was still an entertainment center that held my books, my journals, and my radio where I listened to my music. There was still a closet door to the far left where I stored my clothes, shoes, and weapons. Everything was the same, but it still felt like a strangers room.

It was strange to be in my own home, in my own room, when everything felt like a stranger's room. Like I was still in school, and that I would wake up at any moment in time, and I'd e back in school.

I sighed heavily, turning on my side. I noticed I had forgotten to unpack one of my smaller suitcases the night before. Perhaps I had avoided it due to the folder being in there as well. I didn't want my father to see that, and get Mikami into trouble. However, I knew that if I didn't unpack it, and put stuff where it belongs, than I, myself would get into trouble, but I didn't want to make a bunch of noise, and wake everyone up either.

I sighed, getting up quietly, and scooting the suitcase to me. I unzipped it as quietly as I could, and got out the folder. I took out the pictures of the family, and studied them closely.

The Tomita family, huh.

I thought with a sigh as I touched the picture of the woman. SHe was just so beautiful. But what do you expect from a pureblood. They were always exceptionally beautiful.

Koume Yamane. That's your name. Your husband's name was Toma Tomita. You had a son, Shion. A girl named Mirari, and a girl named Saki. I can't help to think that there's more than just those three, and I can't help but to get da ja vu with these names. I just know I've heard them before. I just don't know where from though. Man, this is pissing me off.

I sighed, running my hands through my hair. This whole thing was giving me a headache. Sighing, I put the folders into the night stand's drawer, and then got up with a stretch, and a groan.

"Sis, you up?" I gasped slightly in surprise as I heard Mikami's voice.

"Um, one moment!" I called out as I walked to my closet, and grabbed my blue robe that hung on the door, and put it around myself, and walked to the door."Um, what's up?" I asked with a smile as I opened the door.

"I just wanted to make sure you were ok. You seemed kinda out of it last night." I shrugged slightly as Mikami's eyes jumped behind me, and into my room, as if he were looking for something. He then looked at me with a smile as he leaned against the door." Father is allowing me, Mizuki, and Ruri out for the day so we can get caught up, and get to know Kyou a bit better. Did you want to come as well?" I smiled, and nodded.

"Sure. Just let me get a shower in, and get dressed, and ready, and I'll go with ya." Mikami nodded, stepping back slightly, I was getting ready to close the door when he stopped it with his hands. I looked at him with an eyebrow raised slightly.

"Did you ever get a chance to look at the folder?" He asked in a low whisper. I felt my throat go dry, and my heart sped up, and I nodded.

"Y-yeah. Why?" Mikami shrugged slightly as he stepped back.

"So, did you work anything out with that kid you liked?" He asked in his usual, carefree, playful tone. I blushed again, and shrugged.

"I-it doesn't matter now. If you don't mind, I'll just go get what I need done, done." Mikami nodded, stepping back further.

"Well, we'll be leaving when everyone else is ready. Knowing Mizuki, you have until lunch." I laughed, and shook my head.

"Yeah. I'll see you then." I watched until Mikami had went into his room before I closed my door silently, and grabbed what I needed for my shower.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

I had dressed in a simple blue tang top over a white, long-sleeved shirt. I put on my knee-length, blue skirt, and like usual, I left my hair down.

"Hey! There you are! We were waiting on you!" Kyou smiled at me, a hand on her hip. I looked at her in surprise, and then looked at Mizuki, who looked like he was half asleep.

"Sorry to keep you waiting. Mikami just woke me up not too long ago. I wan under the impression you all were still sleeping."

"Pfft! Just like Mikami to trick you like that!" Mizuki seemed to pull out of whatever sleep he was in, and instantly got his energy as he grinned, laughing. I blushed, and smiled as I rubbed the back of my neck.

"Well, we should get going. We're walking right?" I looked back at them. Ruri nodded, smiling.

"Yeah. It's so nice out, we thought it would be nice to walk." I nodded slightly, smiling as I prepared to walk with them.

"Sakika, wait." I felt myself stiffen slightly at my father's stern voice calling out to me. I turned to face him.

"Yes, Father?" Father looked at Mikami for a moment, and then looked at me.

"The president has given you an assignment. I thought Mikami told you." I shook my head, glancing over at my older brother, and then at my father with a smile.

"Sure. Is...Is it a lone mission?" Father nodded slightly.

"It may be lone, but I'll be watching from some distance in case anything goes wrong, ok?" I nodded, going back to my room, and changing into my mission wear.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

"This Level E used to be a head of a business from what we were able to get. When he was transformed, he had been doing some repairs to an old building that he was planning to use as part of his business. He's been there ever since, slowing losing his body, mind, and soul. He lures people there, and then kills them. You'll have to be careful, and don't get hurt, ok?" My father was briefing me on what was going on. I nodded, my hands tightening on my knees.

I wore my worn out jeans, and a simple black shirt under a black, leather jacket. My hair was up, and my anti-vampire weapon was strapped to my hip. It was usual that the teacher would watch over the student on their first mission, but Father had asked for him to accompany me. I wasn't sure why he wanted that, but I was happy that he wanted to come. Master Kaito always made me a bit nervous, and I didn't want to mess this up. I was my father's only child that became an actual hunter, and I didn't want to disappoint him.

"Father, you don't have to worry about me. I've been trained for this. I'll be fine." I smiled at my father, but I could tell that something was on his mind, and it wasn't about this mission at all. He smiled slightly at me, and laid his hand on top of my head. I felt surprised because my father normally wasn't the touchy-feely kind of person, and this was the first time I had seen him smile in a long time. Plus, this was the most affectionate he had ever been with me.

"Sakika, I want you to know that no matter what happens today, I'm proud of you. You're my youngest, and I'm happy that you made it this far no matter what happens. Don't be afraid to ask for help, ok?" I nodded as he dropped his hand, and he adopted a more serious expression."And remember, they're nothing more than beasts. If you don't act quick enough, you'll be dead. At this point, this Level E is nothing more than a monster, so don't worry about anything, ok?" I nodded again, hardening my own expression as I opened the car door, and walked towards the building.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

As I walked into the building, I felt myself tense up. I felt scared.

But I knew I couldn't let myself become afraid. I couldn't afford to have any distractions. A stupid mistake could cost me my life. I knew that much.

My pulse beat fast in my veins.

Adrenaline pulsed through my body.

My ears were pricked for any sound.

My hands gripped my sword that hung at my side. I needed to be prepared.

"Ahh~ Such a sweet smelling little flower! And you're pretty to match! I haven't smelt one like you in weeks! Won't you let me take just a little nibble? Just one little taste?" I gasped slightly as I heard the deep, scratchy voice call out to me in a sickly sweet voice.

I quickly turned around, drawing my sword out as my pulse quicken.

The Level E looked at it, as if confused, and then looked at me with another sick smile on it's face.

My throat dried up further, but I set a hard look on my face.

"You, who were once human, have fallen to nothing more than a beast. No, you're lower than that, and now it's time to face your doom." I repeated what Master Kaito had said many times when I shadowed him on mission." Now, say your prayers, and die, vampire!" I called out, rushing towards him with the sword drawn.

I expected it to be over just as quick as Master Kaito, but I was mistaken.

The Level E shout out, and punched me straight in the gut, sending me back until I hit something hard, and metallic with my right shoulder.

Pain radiated from my shoulder to the rest of my body, but I still managed to get up.

I gripped my shoulder, managing to raise my sword despite the pain I felt.

"I love a feisty dinner~" It cooed out, running towards me with it's fangs drawn.

My pulse raced.

Adrenaline rushed through me.

I drew my sword up, and ran towards it at the same time that it was running towards me with it's claws drawn, ready to attack me.

I dodged its attack, but at the same time, it missed my sword. I growled out, suddenly wishing I had brought my pistol with me. It would be so much easier to just shoot this monster, and be over with it.

I shook my head to get myself back into the game.

"You're not getting away! I'm not gonna fail!" I yelled out, hardening my expression, and running towards it, sword drawn.

The Level E merely cackled again, and drew it's claws back up, running towards me.

We hit a mutual strike.

It struck me twice with it's inhumanly sharp fingers.

It left three slashes on my right cheek, and two more on my left arm.

It shrieked as my sword cut through it's arm, but it wasn't enough to kill it.

I could feel the blood seeping out of my wounds, and I could feel myself steadily getting weaker, but I couldn't...

No, would not lose this fight.

I would not disappoint my father.

It all counted on this last hit.

It came at me again, claws raised.

This time, it managed to get me two more times.

On my left arm again.

On my left rib cage.

And this time, I managed to get it.

Despite the pain I felt, I managed to raise my arms, and slice it in half, sending it into dust.

I laughed, smirking slightly as I collapsed myself.

The world went blissfully dark around me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4K 164 37
After Akari was separated from her family as a child, she is taken in and raised by a human family. Ten years later, she attends Cross Academy seeki...
85.1K 2.9K 21
A Vampire Knight fanfiction, but don't worry, I don't think you need to have watched it to read this. You can just enjoy a good vampire book. A year...
325K 9.4K 30
(Y/n) is a pure blood vampire who has had an unpleasant childhood. Her mother had never treated her like she loved her. She soon attends Cross Academ...
100K 3.3K 30
[UNEDITED] Zero Kiryu hears of a new Night Class student attending Cross Academy. When the new student doesn't show up with the rest of the Night cla...