Alpha's Angel

By shayfromtheBronx

Running. It was what Althea was good at. She'd been doing it for years, following her brothers instructions i... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forth Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven

Chapter Thirteen

13.7K 363 48
By shayfromtheBronx

The clock beside me finally turned three. The luminescent numbers providing the only light in the room. I pulled back the covers, my feet hitting the carpet gently.

Creaking the door open, I checked left and right for signs that Archer might still be up. The halls remained quiet, no sign of movement anywhere.

My heart thudding in my chest seemed to be the only sound, the pounding in my ears. Suddenly I doubted whether I should be doing this now or not. What if I was caught? Archer was lenient last time, but he might decide to punish me if he caught me again.

I stopped taking a deep breath.

I reminded myself that I was strong, stronger than any human man anyway. I couldn't let fear override me, if not I'd end up a bawling mess on the floor as soon as I'd been confronted.

I know that I could do this, I'd escaped before. I could do it again.

I find the stairs that Archer took me down earlier today, quickly making my way down them with as little noise as possible. Ahead of me I can see the double door windows. It spikes excitement in my stomach, I was almost there.

I can't help the smile the crosses onto my face as run towards them, grasping the handle in my hand. Hope curls in my stomach, winding up into my chest. I was getting out of here.

"What are you doing?" I freeze at the sound of a gruff voice behind me. I spin around, shocked to see Archer behind me. How did I not even hear him?

His eyes flick to my hand, which is still wrapped around the door handle. An unreadable emotions flickers across his face before it's gone and he's clenching his jaw in anger.

I narrow my eyes, knowing that I was wasting time. I yank the door open and take my chance as I burst into a sprint. Adrenaline pumps through me as I make a run across the garden.

I can hear Archer running behind me, struggling to catch me. Without silver to wear me down, my abilities were back in full force. I couldn't help the small smile that graced my lips at the free feeling.

But the smile is wiped off my face when the wind is knocked out of my lungs as a body crashes into mine full force. I roll on the floor trying to catch my breath, whilst also watching Archer stand up in front of me.

He dusts off his trousers, leaning down and stretching out a hand to help me up.

I shake my head slightly in annoyance. I didn't want to do this, but now it looks like I don't have a choice.

I snatch his hand, yanking it forward with inhuman strength. Not expecting my enhanced strength he tumbles forward hitting the ground beside me. He grunts from the impact, whilst I spring to my feet and continue on running.

I turn down towards the drive, past a few cars. I barely take them in, zipping past them quickly.

I almost roll my eyes as I hear Archer coming again. Will he not quit?

Hearing him approach, I turn, catching his outstretched hand. Shock flashes over his face at my reactions. I don't hesitate to swing my fist to his face, rewarded with a sickening crunch from his nose.

I'm surprised that it doesn't give me the normal sense of satisfaction that I usually get when I land a good punch. I instead feel slightly guilty but brush it off.

"Ouch" he mutters swiping away blood with his free hand. I don't give him time to recover, kicking hard in the chest sending him flying backwards.

He stumbles but manages to stay up right. "Enough" His voice is low and guttural, anger plain in his word. He looks up, a new determination in his eyes that flash amber.

He runs towards me again, ducking away from a punch that I send. His arms wrap around my waist so tight I can barely breathe. I groan from the pressure as he hauls me back in the direction of the house.

Not again. I'm getting out now.

Bringing my elbow up, I take a jab at his ribs enough to leave a permanent bruise. It's not enough to make him let go though. A normal person would've had broken ribs after a blow like that. But the more and more I fight Archer, I'm starting to realise he's no ordinary man. Is this man made of steel? I managed to slip out of his grasp, going to a near by parked car, trying to gain some distance between us.

"Leave me the fuck alone." I pant, breathing heavily, trying to calm myself after being man-handled like that.

Faster than I expect, he lunges at me, nearly knocking me backwards. He clings to me and tries to trap my arms again. I manage to free them, using our proximity to my advantage.

I punch his face again. And again. And again. I keep punching him, not giving him even a moment to recover.

He manages to catch my hand once, but instantly releases it once he sees me wince from how tight his grip was.

I go back to sending my blows, each one just as strong as the last.

He brought this on himself.

I keep trying to justify the pain I'm causing him, but somehow each hit only makes the pit in my stomach worse.

He deserves this.

I land a final blow that knocks him to the floor. He lay there unable to get up, blood falling from his lips.

Taking his hand, I begin to drag him towards a car to our right. The sound of gravels scrapping against his skin leaves me cringing. I drop his hand to the floor, instead grasping the side of the car in my hands. Huffing, I struggle to lift the front tire up.

I shove Archer's hand beneath with the side of my foot, sighing, before dropping the car back down. I cringe as his hand is crushed between the tarmac and the wheel. Strained groans leave his lips as he tries to wrench his hand out.

I swallow back whatever guilt I might have and leave him behind. At least now he won't be able to catch me.

I run into the forest, ignoring Archer's desperate pleas not to leave. "Trust me, this is best for us both." I mutter.

Twigs and branches scratch at my skin, slicing small cuts into my skin. I press harder, my legs pumping. Heart pounding. The smell of pine fills my lungs, swirling with freedom and happiness.

It feels so good to run. To truly run without restrictions.

I can feel the demon inside me stirring without the silver to contain it. It wants out. It wants to take over and fly free. God help me if that happens. I concentrate on my steps, locking the demon away in the cage I built in the back of my mind.

The silence of the forest was shattered by a howl in the distance. My mind instantly goes to the creature outside my house. I push myself to go faster, the trees around me turning into a blur.

But I see movement in the leaves around me. Flashes of brown and grey mix with the green of the shrubbery illuminated by the moonlight.

Something huge leaps out of the undergrowth in front of me.

My heels dig deep into the ground, bringing both me and my heart to stop as I take in the beast in front of me.

Standing five and half foot tall, teeth glinting with saliva, claws dug deep in the earth beneath it; was the biggest wolf I'd every seen.

I gulped, taking a nervous step back. It snapped it's jaws at my retreat, bringing me to a halt.

I straightened my shoulders, trying not to look intimidated.

You've never fought a wolf before Althea but there's a first for everything.

It took a menacing step forward, as if it expected me to cower back. I must've taken it by surprise when I launched myself at it. I barely missed it's open jaws, clinging to it's neck. It thrashed it's head around trying to get me off it's back.

I managed to wrestle it to the floor whilst it kicked and bucked trying to make me release its neck. It's breathing began to get shallower and shallower as I continued to restrict its windpipe.

Movement to the left of me made me forget the wolf below me entirely. Another, and then another and another wolf emerged until I was completely surrounded.

I stood brining up my hands to protect myself, whilst my brain was trying to think of any possible way for me to get out of this alive.

I flashed my eyes menacingly at them, causing some of them to shrink back momentarily.

Something heavy fell over me, forcing me to the ground. I screamed in agony as I recognised a silver net was thrown over me, pinning me to the forest floor. I turned my face to the dirt, unable to move my cheek away from the burning metal.

I looked up at the sound of footsteps, watching as man in basketball shorts approached me. I silently pleaded with my eyes that he would help me, but he instead reached down with a gloved hand, dragging me forward.

I howled as my weight was brought onto the silver, burying deep into my skin. Soon another man came to help haul me through the trees back in the direction of the house.

But instead of taking me inside through the main door, they began to pull towards a set of metal ones. They pushed my dead weight through them, leaving me to fall down a steep set of stairs. I lie there wheezing in pain, the silver stripping me of my energy.

The men followed behind me, once again with gloved hands. Grumbling, they started to unravel the silver net from my limbs, making me scream despite barely being able to breathe.

Once it was off me, they each took an arm and dragged me down the hall. My head lolled down because I couldn't manage to keep it up. But at the sound of metal door screeching I pulled my gaze up, only to be left horrified.

One of the men was opening a filthy cell with thick metal bars.

My heart pounded in my ears. Panic clawed at my throat.

Not a cage. Not another cage.

Tears welled in my eyes as I begged and thrashed to be released. The men seemed deff to my pleas whilst they shoved me forward. I fell to the floor, hands scrapping against the rough surface.

I crawled to the bars, reaching out to their retreating figures.

I couldn't breathe. The edges of my vision began to fog. I could feel the demons presence pushing forward, wanting to protect us.

I tried to force it down, but more and more memories were bombarding me, making it impossible to stay calm.

I shut my eyes, trying to push them out of my mind.

I could feel myself loosing control.

Not another cage.

"Let me out" my hoarse voice managed to rasp out, before everything went black.

Letting the darkness take over.

***************

Sidenote// I got my cartilage pierced. And that shit hurt. But beauty is pain my friends beauty is pain

Comment and vote xoxoxox

-Shay

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 26.2K 18
NOTE: please do not comment "it's Britney bitch" in the comments as I hat Britney Spears and those type of comments will be deleted, thank you. WARNI...
1.3M 42.4K 41
"It was my fault." I stated looking down at my slowly growing clammy hands. He would never forgive me after I told him this. My deepest darkest secre...
636K 14.9K 24
After Lexi's parents die, she's a loner. Her brother isn't there for her like he should be, she has no friends, no one even notices her. Until her fu...
4.1M 71.5K 40
What happens when a girl finally runs away from her abusive past to be free only to run into her mate? And her mate just happens to be an alpha...of...