Willow

By Thushiisawesome

Willow Catherina Moonclaw. One of the only two female Alphas in the top twelve packs. Her past follows her li... More

PROLOGUE
Chapter 1: An Unknown Call
Chapter 2: Arrangements
Chapter 3: The Lost Alpha
Chapter 4: Demons and Angels
Chapter 5: Battles and Shopping
Chapter 6: Something unexpected
Chapter 7: Storming around
A/N
Chapter 8: Collisions
Chapter 9: Little Siren
Chapter 10: Recovering
Chapter 11: Late night wars
Chapter 12: Friendship
Chapter 13: Breakfast and Royals
Chapter 14: Two Alpha Wolves
Chapter 15: Problems...
Chapter 17: Awful habits
Chapter 18: Baby sitting
Chapter 19: Teasing
Chapter 20: Mates
Chapter 21: An unexpected date
Chapter 22: The Hunt (Part 1)
Chapter 23: The Hunt (Part 2)
A/N: the second
Chapter 24: Fae are mean

Chapter 16: A little green eyed

97 5 2
By Thushiisawesome

Hello my darlings! Okay so I don't remember if I said this before but I'm writing another book alongside Willow, and it's called Siren Wolf. The ideal thing would be to wait until Willow is finished and then read Siren Wolf, but to whoever's keeping up with my updates you can read Willow and Siren Wolf alongside each other without the fear of spoilers. 

Yup, that's it. Go check out Siren Wolf.

I'd just finished up my conversation with Alpha Freya, who alongside me was one of the few Alpha females. Her mate and Luna was a hulking six foot something warrior that gave me a sweet smile before dashing after his pup that was crawling away. It was honestly a refreshing conversation because not many people understood the shit that gets thrown at you when you're a woman in power. We exchanged our personal numbers and parted ways, promising to keep in contact. 

Ray had mind-linked me saying he had taken care of most of the other European packs and a few Asian ones. I'd met and greeted all seven members of the Australian continent and even the three from Greenland. I searched for Natasha and saw her with her family, pouting and clearly complaining to her father. Violet huffed at her, not even bothering to snarl this time. 

There was another European family, the Cartwright pack, which I was headed towards. They were a vibrant family and quite handsome too. The little girl who looked around five gazed at me curiously as I walked towards her family. She looked to be around five and was holding on to a bundle which I guessed was her brother. She carefully arranged her brother before pulling her mother's skirt and pointing towards me. 

Luna Cartwright smiled as I reached her, "Alpha Moonclaw, it's an honor to meet you."

"The honor is all mine. How's the strongest pack in Europe doing?" I asked in a joking manner. It was a true statement though, the Cartwrights held the most power and land in Europe. 

"Well the pack's got a strong future," Luna Cartwright commented as she fondly looked down at her daughter.

"Mama, who's she?" the little girl asked shaking a few black strands away from her vision.

Instead of letting the Luna answer I knelt down and offered her my hand, "Future Alpha Cartwright, I'm Alpha Moonclaw. But you can call me Willow."

Oh look how cute she is! Her eyes are so bright! And she has hair like us! Can we keep her Willow? Please? Oh Selene, now I want a pup! Where's mate?

I felt my skin flushing at the direction of Violet's thoughts and thanked Selene for my darker skin shade. The little girl gave me an assessing look, which was little unnerving since Alpha's don't like being stared at but as you might have noticed, Violet was preoccupied. 

She must have decided she liked what she saw because she then passed her brother to the waiting Luna and smiled as she shook my hand, "Hi Alpha Willow! My name's Allesia."

"Well Allesia, take good care of your pack okay? I can tell you're going to be a strong leader one day."

Allesia beamed at that and blushed lightly. I conversed with Luna Cartwright for the time being but felt my eyes drifting across the room. Violet's constant nagging about finding our mate finally got to me and now I was in search of the silver eyed Alpha. When I finally caught sight of his side profile, I thought Violet would be satisfied, till another minuscule detail popped up.

There is an un-mated female on his arm! Violet roared and I momentarily lost control, my eyes flashing. Luna Cartwright stepped back, probably stunned.

"I apologize Luna," I quickly said, "something came up. Would you please excuse me?"

"Of-of course, you just stunned me a little," she replied laughingly. After another polite smile I made my way towards Ray who was speaking with Annabeth. 

"Hey Annabeth," I greeted, allowing the grinning female to pull me into a hug.

"Willow! Hey!" she grinned, "I missed you!"

"You saw me this morning, Anna" I pointed out, not realizing I'd just nicknamed her.

"Anna? Hmm, I like it when you say it. We're keeping it. Besides after breakfast our Alpha stole you away!" she complained pouting. Ray raised an eyebrow at me which I chose to ignore for now. 

"Speaking of your Alpha, is there a good reason as to why the princess is clinging to his arm?" I felt no shame for my possessiveness. That was my mate and I wanted answers. 

Annabeth's smile fell and for the first time she looked nervous, "Uhh, well you see, our pack has um, good relations with the Royals and uhh-"

I raised my eyebrow waiting for her to continue. She cleared her throat and her mate must have sensed her discomfort because Frank was soon next to her, an arm around her waist. After reassuring her mate, she turned back to me and thank Selene she spoke clearly.

"Well, you know how our Alpha didn't find you till recently? So, before that, while looking for his mate, he visited here. Him and the princess are- close friends," she finished and was sweating a little. I felt my aura changing as Violet poised to fight.

"Define close friends?" I gritted out my eyes flashing silver and blue. 

"Alpha Moonclaw this is something you should be discussing with our Alpha," Frank said stepping forward, "even we aren't aware of the specifics and don't want to be responsible for miscommunication."

"Oh you can be assure I will," I calmly replied before making my way towards my mate.

I heard Annabeth muttering as I left, "She's terrifying when she's angry."

I nodded at a few people I'd already greeted and escaped conversation with a quick smile as I finally reached my target. 

Princess Celeste looked stunning as was expected. Her brown hair fell in curls down her back and the blue of her dress complimented her eyes. She was staring up at my mate with wonder and happiness shinning in those blue depths as he made her laugh. I felt my heart twist at the sight. And didn't help that he looked ravishing in the tight emerald green button up and suede pants. 

Violet was throwing a riot in my head, unable to form words in her anger. All she could see was a threat. There was a threatening female hanging onto her mate as if her was hers. Violet was foaming at the mouth and snarling and trying to expand the threatening aura that had surrounded us. 

I reeled it back in, slowly walking in front of the laughing pair.

"Princess Celeste, Alpha Wolfsbane" I greeted, bowing my head in greeting at the Royal present. Violet hated every second of it. 

Alpha Wolfsbane smiled at me, his dimple poking out and I pushed down the rising thoughts of scratching his face apart. He's done nothing wrong. Yet. 

"Alpha Moonclaw!" the Princess greeted in excitement, "I'm so happy to see you!"

"A pleasure to see you again Princess," I lied smoothly, watching as her arm remained on his and he did nothing to get rid of the contact. 

"Have you met Alpha Wolfsbane?" she questioned, tightening her hold on him, and I felt one of my teeth crack. 

"Yes, we're acquainted," I replied, trying my best not to smile like a shark.

"Oh! That's great!" she exclaimed, "He is you're neighboring Alpha after all. But he's mentioned on his visits to me that you never arranged a meeting?"

My brows rose. Visits to her? My darling mate seemed to have noticed my slipping aura and his smile fell.

"I was dealing with some important matters and as you must know my father was causing problems in the pack that I had to fix after his death," I simply stated. No one besides the members of my pack present that night knew that it was my hand that ended the previous Alpha's life. 

"That's understandable," she agreed nodding, the turning to the very quiet Alpha she said, "See, I told you she'd have her reasons and that you should have been patient."

"You and Alpha Wolfsbane seem pretty close, are you by any chance mates?" I asked boldly and watched in satisfaction as my mate's eyes bugged out and the Princess blushed.

"Oh no, we aren't. Alpha Wolfsbane and I haven't met our mates yet," she replied, her arm finally dropping to her side shyly. 

"Oh is that so?" I taunted and as my mate's mouth opened I quickly continued, "Well it's been lovely catching up with you, but I think I'll retire for the evening. I'm not feeling quite well. I'll see you at dinner Princess and good luck with your pack Alpha Wolfsbane."

The Princess waved and I didn't wait to see what he would do. I turned on my heel and stormed out of the hall.

Violet was in turmoil, Why did he look guilty? Why didn't he tell that witch that he found us? Does he not want us? Did we not making it clear that we wanted to give our bond a try?

Vi, please hush, I complained as I felt my own mind catapulting the same questions.

I saw a slightly ajar door that seemed to lead outside and quickly slipped through it. The winter garden was probably a lovely sight to look upon but I was too busy calming down. I kicked off my sandles and rolled up the ends of my jumpsuit to my knees. The snow crunched softly as I paved my way through it and finally found a bench. Lying down on it I focused on calming my ready-to-kill-and-get-away-with-it aura and mentally stroked Violet so she calmed. I'd finally managed some sort of peace when a voice disrupted me.

"Not a party person?" a deep voice questioned and I sat up and turned to be greeted by the Crown Prince. Immediately rising to my feet I bowed my head,

"Prince Valentin, this is unexpected."

"So are you. Aren't you meant to be inside and socializing?" he questioned as he sat down and motioned me to do the same. 

"Aren't you?" I remarked, deciding to comply and sit a respectful distance away from him. 

"Fair enough," he chuckled. His blonde hair shone in the moonlight and he looked every bit the powerful male that he was but he no longer aroused a reaction from us. We had a mate. Selene knows how long he'll carry that title for, but he was still currently our mate. 

"What brought you out here?" he asked, leaning his head back to look at the darkening sky.

"I wanted to think," it was the truth, "and you?"

"Just wanted to get away from the crowd. How is the situation with your mate?" the Prince questioned and I groaned inwardly. Did he have to bring that up?

"We came to an agreement but it doesn't seem to be working out," I replied though gritted teeth.

"Might that have to do something with my sister?" he questioned next, blue eyes glinting in amusement. 

I whipped my head towards him, eyes demanding answers. He thankfully complied, "My sister has a certain infatuation with Alpha Wolfsbane. You could call it a... crush I guess. In beginning since he was only twenty one when they first met she did nothing as he probably had a mate out there, but as the years passed and you still hadn't showed she gained some hope. She was always his friend but after he reached twenty six, she started flirting with him more and I guess he'd given up on finding you so they had a sort of fling. It continued for an year or so, and she even visited his pack. But he decided to end it, wanting her to find her mate. She was dissapointed of course but she complied since she was in love with him and would do anything he said."

My blood was boiling at this point, "With all due respect, I couldn't care less about what happened in the past Prince Valentin. He was free to do as he wished, as was I. My question is why is she still clinging to his arm and why is he allowing it?"

The Prince smiled sheepishly, "I wouldn't know, Alpha Moonclaw, I just wanted to shed some light on the situation you're handling. I hope I helped."

"Yes you did, thank you," I replied feeling genuinely grateful, "You'll be a great king one day."

"And you would've made a splendid Queen," he whispered softly, almost to himself.

"Maybe," I replied smiling sadly, "but I have a mate. I don't know what I'm going to do with him but right now, I'm loyal to him. I just need to find out if that's a two way thing or something only I'm aware of."

And boom! I enjoy long chapters, but they hurt my fingers. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

75.5K 2.3K 43
Iris has had a difficult life, running from her past and living like a nomad. She is not a regular wolf. She curses the Moon goddess for the gifts sh...
29 2 25
Meet Selene Nightshade, the pack's beloved Luna-in-waiting, a skilled healer and member of the Nightshade werewolf pack, finds herself unjustly accus...
3.5K 194 9
Maverick Henderson is the alpha of the Red Moon Pack which is the most powerful and biggest pack in the world. He is said to be the most ruthless per...
14.5K 506 34
Selene was blessed by the Goddess Artemis. Having lived in the Bloodwood forest all her life, what happens when she stumbles upon a little werewolf...