Unbreakeable Bond #Project Ni...

By RhodaKadri

Nathaniel and Toun have been in love since the beginning of their first year in tertiary institutions but th... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Epilogue
A/N

Chapter Thirty Six

324 67 0
By RhodaKadri

Toun and her husband with their kids went to the karaoke after having a wonderful lunch in a very good intercontinental restaurant. They ate different food to their satisfaction and the kids tell their parents about their new social life since they got to Nigeria. And she was happy the kids were having fun and not missing the home they live and grow up.

After they have lunch, Isabella suggested they go to the karaoke and everyone agree with her.

And now, she sat as the family sings. Japheth was also a good singer and she have not seen this side of him since a long time ago before she got married to him.

She seem to be the only one that can't sing. Isabella and Dammy sing along with their father while Hope play his guitar and add a little base to the song.

It was beautiful!

Watching them was amazing and she have never felt this proud before.

Japheth got tired and he stop singing and he went to sit beside her smiling broadly. She smile back at him beaming. The kids continue to sing joyfully.

"That was amazing!" Toun said grinning down at Japheth.

"I'm glad you enjoy it." He said truthfully.

"Hope should definitely begin singing. I support him hundred percent. He play so fantastically. Look at how he move his fingers on the guitar." He said looking at Hope with so much pride in his eyes.

Toun smile and also felt sad.

"Yes. Hope is so good at his young age."

"It hurt that he will have to know his biological father someday."

"Japh" Tiun said sadly.

He smile at her sadly. "You can't hide the truth from him forever. Oneday you will meet him again and i don't think you will lie to him about his son."

He was right. She can never lie to Nathaniel. He deserves to know his son. She thinks of the day she will have to tell Hope the truth. She hope he will accept it peacefully and understand her because she won't be able to take it, if he will never forgive her.

But now was not the time to think about that. It is something for another time. She don't want to ruin the mood.

" Nathan may be Hope biological father but you are his father too. He had know you as his father all his life and he loves and admires you. Family is more than DNA." Toun said truthfully.

Japheth had been a wonderful father to the kids and she owe him that. He treat the kids equally. Sometimes she thought he might change and hate Hope because he was someone else son. But it never happen.

Japheth smile inwardly. He was surprised at Toun recent character and words. There were the most encouraging and soothing words. She know exactly what to say to him.

He was glad he like her and marry her.

"If you say so." He said nodding.

*****

Hope went out in search of fascinating place his siblings had not discover. He want to surprise them about a new place they haven't visit so they could all go out and have fun.

He sat in a cafe outside the estate they live looking at the roadside. He was still thinking when a boy about his age came and sat opposite him with a cup of coffee in his hand. He smile and greet him.

"Hi." He said to him. The boy was short, has a very dark hair and he was neat and he looks cute.
  He wear a white t - shirt that look a little too big for him and a green short. And he look good in them. He was also carrying a picnic bag.

"Hi" Hope answered.

"I'm Victor. I've been seeing you and your siblings around for some time now. I also live in the estate with my family." He told Hope.

"I didn't know. Sorry, i have not see you around." Hope said. "We are new here."

"I know. I practically know everyone that lives in the estate. We've been living here for almost ten years."
Hope raise an eye brow and then nodded.

"I'm Hope." He said stretching his hand toward him. He smile and took it.

"Nice meeting you Hope." He said. His eyes move to the other seat. "You play guitar?"

"Yes." Hope answered proudly.

He saw him smirk. "So what are you doing now. Are you waiting for someone?"

"No. I just love it here...... and I was thinking of a new place to see." Victor look at him quizzically. "We just move here from Europe. I don't know much places."

"I see. That's why your accent is different. But maybe it is a good timing." Victor smile. "Have you been to Twapa bay. '

" Ta what? "Hope asked.

" Twapa Bay. It's a common beach and one of the best place to visit during this period. A lot of tourists visit it every year."

"My friends are coming. We will be taking a friend dad boat. We can go together. It will be fun. I promise."

"I don't know." Hope said unsure.

"You will love it. And don't worry noone will force you to do anything. And we will be back before six because my mom will definitely kill me if i stay longer than that." They laughed.

"Alright but i need to call my mom first."

Victor lean back on the seat "Go ahead." He smile and sip his already - cold coffee.

***

Hope was introduced to Victor friends. They were four in number and two girls. They were dress for the outing. He look like a stranger among them so he went to a nearby boutique and buy a new cloth that was suitable for going to the beach.

It didn't take long to mingle with the guys and he was happy he had made new friends.

They were all responsible and from a well-to-do home. And it was nice talking to them.

  The beach was wonderful with the big rocks at the left side of the beach separating it from the other part of the water.

There was a lot of buiding on the Island surrounding the beach and he was shown the Federal palace hotel that stood tall among all the other skyscrapers.

There was sheds built with bamboo sticks where some people sat in two and groups eating, drinking, chatting, dancing and some were watching the people swimming in the sea that was some feet away from the sheds.

Some people sat under the hot sun on the sand looking at the sea and some were in the sea.

There was more people in front of the sea playing football.

The beach was also beautiful with the green palm tree that stood beautifully at the back of the sheds.

People were also selling different things. Some were selling hats, beads, rubber balls, cloth and some snacks.

It was a wonderful sight to see.

There were different people both black and white. And everyone was free without looking at the other.

He smiled.

"You like it Hope?" One of the girl, Karimat asked as they drop their bags under the shed they rented.

He nodded.

"It can't be compare to those sea in Australia but it is fun here." Promise, one of the boys said to Hope smiling.

"It's beautiful. Really."

"Will you like to swim?" Victor asked. He nodded. And they run to the sea.

They swim for hours, playing and kicking water at each other. Mary went to buy a ball and they play it in the water. They throw the ball and everyone try to catch the ball.

**

After the swimming and playing in the water, they become hungry and they went back to their shed and bring out the food and drinks the girls had bought along with them.

They eat and drink cheerfully. And they talk about different things and watch the different people come and go.

Every hour, fresh set of people were coming to the beach as couples, as family and some in large groups.

Hope couldn't wait to tell his parents about the place and he was already imagining them at the beach.

"Why don't you play for us Hope?" Mary said.

"Yes. I see you came with your guitar."Promise said.

" Alright. " He answered and he pull the guitar closer and unzip the case covering the instrument.

He brought it out and hang it on his shoulder, position it well and begin to play.

They all sat in silence and they watch him play the instrument and then begin to sing.

They were more than astonished at how he play. He look like, he had drown himself in the song and has forgotten his environment. He play with the zeal they had never seen.

The girls clap their hands and he finished the song. The boys praise him and comment.

They weren't the only one listening and clapping. Few people had join the group to watch him play and sing.

"That's awesome!" A lady in short and tank top said from the crowd.

Hope smile and said. "Thanks."

He look at the crowd and he saw a girl was staring at him. She is attractive. No, she is beautiful.

She is slender with killing curves and big burst. She has a small face and she was wearing no makeup but still look cute like a doll despite her skin is brown or lighter.

She was wearing a dress that is sown as short and sleeveless top wuth just a spaghetti hand. Her hair was braided with a pink attachment.

Their eyes meet and they stare at each other for a while before she quickly take her eyes away from his and walk away into the crowd. He felt a little disappointed.

He stood and gave his guitar to Karimat. He ask her to help him put the guitar back into the case. She nodded and he begin to walk away.

"Where are you going Hope?" Victor asked a little worried.

He smile at his concern but he wasn't a kid. "I will be back. I need to look around."

"Okay but don't take long". He nodded and continue walking.

"We are going to swim again before leaving." Promise shouted.

He nodded but didn't turn back.

***

He walk looking around under the hot sun. He was looking at the face of every girl that he pass and get disappointed whenever she wasn't the one.

He continued walking and then he saw her. She was with a group of boys and girls. Most of them look older than her. They were chatting happily . A guy place a hand around her shoulder laughing and talking.

He felt a pang of jealousy and he hit himself for been stupid. He was about to turn around when the boy with his arm around her shoulder drop his hand and she stood up with a smile plaster on her face.

She took few note of money from the boy who had place his hand on her shoulder and sitting beside her.

He said something he didn't hear. She smile and hit his hand and he laugh teasingly.

She left the group and he followed her until she got to where a hausa man was smoking and selling a red meat known as suya.

They were a lot of people on the queue. She stood at the back of a couple and she took out her phone and begin to tap on it.

"Hi." He said standing at her back.

She quickly turn around and she frown down at him.

"Hey, you startled me" She said still frowning but she still look beautiful with her small and smooth face.

He apologized despite she never look like she was taken by surprise.

"So what do you want?"

"I saw you looking at me play."

She roll her eyes. "Well i happen to be passing by and i heard someone playing and people gathering around. So my curiosity get the best of me."

He nodded.

She look at him. She notice his accent was different. "But that was impressive." She commented.

"Thanks."

"When do you begin to play?" She asked moving forward and she order the meat she want to buy.

"Since i was ten."

"Ten?" She said and nodded. "Good."

"I'm Hope."

She received what she bought from the meat seller in a black nylon and she turn to leave. He follows her keeping a little distance not to scare her.

She didn't say anything until they were few feet from where her friends were camping and she turn around and look at him. Their eyes meet.

"What do you want with me?"

"I just want to be friend" He answered.

"Alright. I'm Nancy. I prefer Nan."

"Nancy. That's a beautiful name." just as you. He thought. She smile liking the way her name sound when he call it.

"Can i get your..." She shake her head.

"Why should i do that?"

"I want to be your friend. Don't worry i have no bad intention." She narrow her eyes at him.

Very suspicious. He thought.

"Okay" She said and she gave him her mobile number. He was more than glad. "So till i hear from you." She begin to walk away before he could say anything. But it didn't matter. He have her contact number.

He smile with satisfaction and went back to his friends.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

82.6K 21K 57
Todun born and raised by a poor mother, works at a filling station and struggles to gain admission into an higher institution having been jammed by J...
33.8K 9.4K 55
Demi wanted to be away from all the demons in high school as soon as possible till he met her... Oluwademilade Oriladewa is the finest of them all wi...
100K 3.1K 21
-Completed- We were married for a year. It was a dream marriage, and my husband was a dream man. Unfortunately, someone from his family was deadly s...
35.1K 4.8K 36
"Nimi, a frustrated church girl, encounters her biggest temptation yet when she lands herself in the arms of Lagos' most eligible bachelor..." Nimi i...