Mistakes Were Made (Avengers...

By dbkiwi

Charlie Fury, a child adopted from India as a toddler, was brought up in New York by the infamous Nick Fury... More

01. Back At Work
02. Good Talks
03. Mission
04. Low-key
05. Sent Out
06. First Mistake
07. Invitation You Can't Deny
08. Central Park
09. Cafe Date
11. Advice
12. Together
13. Dinner
14. Civil War
15. Prison
16. Realization
17. Breakfast
18. New Home
19. Welcome to Wakanda
20. A Kinda Chill Day
21. Returning
22. Risen Again
23. Back Again
24. I Love You For Life, Sweetheart
25. Ring Date
26. Meeting the New SHIELD
27. Work Day
28. Mumbai
29. Night Together
30. Planning
31. Bad News
32. Party Night
33. Wedding
34. Honeymoon

10. Party

177 7 1
By dbkiwi

I rolled onto the mat to avoid Natasha. She lunged for me and I met her halfway, grabbing her arms. When I swept her legs from under her, she pulled me with her. We rolled around and Natasha pinned me to the ground.

"What next?" Natasha asked.

I faked a move and pushed her off with a leg. I got up and pinned her to the ground, pressing against her neck with a knee.

"Tap out, tap out," I growled.

Natasha struggled but eventually tapped my leg. I got up and helped her up.

She shook my hand. "Good job, Charlie. You're learning very well."

"Thanks," I said. "I have the best teaching me."

Natasha grinned. "Thanks. Let's call it good for now. We have to get ready for that party."

I rolled my eyes as I took off my gloves. "Don't remind me. I still haven't chosen my outfit yet."

"It's a good thing you have me," Natasha said as we started walking out of the training area. "I'll get your outfit as you take your shower."

"Don't choose anything too flashy," I said.

Natasha gave me a look. "I wouldn't do that to you. I know your style."

I shook my head and followed her to my room. I had a bathroom connected to my room so I didn't have to go very far. I went in there and took a quick shower. When I got out, I brushed out my hair, braided it, and returned to my room.

Natasha glanced over her shoulder at me. "I chose you some outfits. Come look."

I got to her side. She had chosen a few different things for me to wear. They were pretty and definitely a way to show off in front of Rhodey.

My fingers traced down a pair of ripped jeans. "I want this one. I know how much Rhodey likes old school rock and roll."

Nat smiled. "Good choice. I'll go grab my clothes while you change."

Nat left as I took off my shirt. I tossed my clothes aside before changing. After I was done I tied a red flannel around my waist. Sitting at my vanity, I started doing my make up. I did very little as I didn't feel like it.

Nat came in as I put on a pair of glasses. She was wearing a jumpsuit with her hair curled slightly.

Natasha came up behind me and placed her hands on the seat behind me. "You rock that perfectly, Charlie."

I laughed. "Funny. Is it almost time?"

Natasha nodded. "Yeah. It starts in forty minutes I believe."

"Then Rhodey should be here somewhat soon," I said. "I wonder when he's going to be here and what he'll be wearing."

Before Natasha could answer, there was a knock on the door. I got up to answer it and found Rhodey standing there in a suit.

He looked me over before looking and smiling. "You look great, Charlie. I like your shirt."

I smiled, glancing down. "Thanks. I thought you might like it. Are we going to head down? It doesn't start for a little longer."

"I was going to take you to the food trucks," Rhodey replied. "If that isn't too much or anything."

I shook my head. "No, not at all. Hey, Nat, I'll see you at the party."

Natasha waved at me. "Bye. I'll see you at the party."

Rhodey took my hand as we left the Tower. We took the subway to Central Park, conversation flowing easily while we rode. We stopped at our station before continuing to the food trucks. We ordered before sitting down on a bench.

"Are you excited about this party?" I asked.

Rhodey shrugged. "It's just a party. I've been to many of Tony's and they're all the same. I make pleasantries and drink champagne. They're all the same."

"Now you have me," I said, staring at my food.

Rhodey placed a hand on my leg. "That's good because at least you're enjoyable."

I snorted. "I try though I'm not very interesting."

Rhodey's thumb started moving in circles. "You are to me. I like you a lot. I enjoy your presence -" he brushed a lock of hair out of my face. "- and how kind you are. Just looking at you makes me happy."

I smiled widely as I looked at Rhodey. "Thanks. It's . . . really nice to hear that. I appreciate you saying that."

Rhodey's briefly placed his hand on my cheek before pulling away. "I'll continue doing it if it makes you smile like that."

I laughed as I shoved him away. "Yeah, whatever. I hate you."

Rhodey smiled softly. "I like you too."

I choked on my food. "What?"

Rhodey just smiled, shook his head, and continued his food. We talked a bit more before heading back. We were late but it didn't mind. Rhodey placed his hand on my lower back as we entered.

Rhodey leaned in close. "Stay near me. I'll stand up for you if anyone says anything."

I slipped my hand around his waist. "Thanks though I can hold myself up. Even if I have a few drinks."

Rhodey pulled me close as he wrapped an arm around my shoulders. "Speaking of which, the bar's over there. Do you want a drink?"

"Of course," I replied. "Are you buying?"

Rhodey gave me a look. "You're just in it for the money, huh?"

I smiled slyly. "Only partially."

Rhodey looked away as he smiled, pulling on my arm. "Come on. I'll get you a drink."

We sat at the bar and started talking. We got into a deep conversation, easily moving from topic to topic. Rhodey spent some time talking about his time in the Air Force which was very interesting to hear. I told him about the missions that I could and he listened intently, his entire focus on me.

Rhodey sipped his drink. "You have great listening skills."

I swirled my drink around. "It's in the job description."

Rhodey shook his head as he glanced at his drink. "That's not what I meant. Sure, it has something to do with that but . . . I think you have a natural skill of giving an ear to someone. Not many people listen to my stories."

I grabbed his arm. "I love your stories, Rhodey! They're great."

Rhodey smiled as he grabbed my hand to hold it. "I'm glad someone likes them."

I finished my drink, getting more courage. "Hey, do you want to head somewhere quieter? There's a pretty nice place a few floors up."

Rhodey nodded, finishing his drink too. "Yeah. I don't think anyone will miss us."

I laughed as we headed out. When we got to the elevator, I slipped my hand into Rhodey's. He looked down at our hands and squeezed momentarily, rubbing his thumb on the back of my hand.

The elevator stopped and I lead Rhodey to the spot. It was a balcony near the roof of the Tower. It was on the same floor of my room which is how I found it. I leaned against the railing and gazed out across the city. Rhodey joined me, placing a hand on my lower back. I leaned into him.

Rhodey wrapped his arm around my waist. "This is an amazing view, Charlie. Thanks for bringing me here."

"It's really calming to see everything," I murmured. "Everything is peaceful and above all the craziness."

"How did you find this place?" Rhodey asked.

"I was wandering around and found it," I answered. "I would spend time here to clear my mind. I've sat up here with Nat and Clint talking and it . . . it was great."

Rhodey brushed my shoulder, causing me to look at him. "Where's your room?"

"It's on this floor," I trailed off. "Why?"

Rhodey pulled me close. "I want to feel close to you tonight."

I wrapped my arms around his neck. "I do too."

We looked into each other's eyes and slowly leaned close. Our lips met and I placed a hand on the back on his head. It got more heated when Rhodey tangled his hands in my hair. My hands trailed down his chest and I started unbuttoning Rhodey's shirt.

We pulled away from each other and were both breathless. Rhodey pulled his hands away from my face and they went to my hips, his thumbs slipping under my waistline.

"Do you want this?" Rhodey asked.

"Yes," I said breathlessly.

"Where's your room?" Rhodey asked.

I stepped away and lead him through the halls. As soon as I opened the door, Rhodey picked me and kicked the door close. He carried me to the bed and tossed me on. He started taking off his suit. I followed his lead and threw the flannel away. I took off my remaining clothes.

An hour later, I laid beside Rhodey, tucked under his arm. We had been talking about everything. We had some deep conversations as we laid there together. We talked into the early morning, sharing secrets and swapping stories. It really felt like I got to know Rhodey.

I eventually fell asleep in Rhodey's arms. I slept peacefully knowing that I was in the same bed as Rhodey. He was a comforting presence. Though when I woke up, he was gone. I sat up and looked around. He was nowhere to be found.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 27.9K 73
What, never heard of her? Typical. She has more kills than the Winter Solider. She was taken when she was 4 for her powers. When she escaped she dec...
45.9K 1.1K 13
"You can't take her Thor! She is my daughter! You can't take her!" "I am truly sorry brother, forgive me." ~ When Thor takes away the last person Lok...
13K 578 22
Andreas Parker has always been the nerdy kid. The judged kid, the weird kid no one ever wanted to be friends with. Though her whole life got changed...
70.2K 2.5K 52
This story was requested by @UrsulaSingh Y/N Romanoff is the biological little sister of Natasha Romanoff. When you were just two years old you and y...